Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (14) « First ... « 3.8 4.8 [5.8] 6.8 7.8 » ... Last »
Poll: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

06-11-12, 2:01 AM

Moekou said:
By the way, this is the reason why people kept speculating about that Waver-lookalike inside Ionian Hetairoi, because Waver officially joined Rider's ranks here, and Epic Heroes exist outside of time...

Yeah and even if you have read FZ+FSN ,if you do not see his appearance(10 years later) in the character material you probably wont see the similarity.

Waver:
Modified by Othi-tan, 06-11-12, 4:46 PM
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou

06-11-12, 2:33 AM

*hisses*

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

06-11-12, 2:34 AM

So sad, Gilgamesh is full of Hax, just like Sasuke
Iskander died like a tied up Gladiator
Lancelots identity didn't gave enough impact onscreen
Maybe some story background on the next episode would enlighten that

06-11-12, 2:43 AM

Thess said:

zeroyuki92 said:
Loved a one sided fight like this, although I expected Rider to at least land a scratch...But in retrospect this adds more sense of despair towards the finale.

5/5

There was no really despair. I suggest you to read the novel chapter of this fight. It's an explicit good end if a little bittersweet. Rider got what he wanted, was satisfied (for now). Waver and him are bonded due to the oath, etc. Waver understands he'll be added to his ranks and he has to work hard to warrant the praise. That he isn't alone anymore.

Separation is meaningless.

True. Rider had the best end that a servant could ask for in FZ (I mean, look at Lancer!!) All that left from now on is despair and more despair.

Impulse66 said:
Archer really cheated with that magic wand sword of his but that's war I guess.

sooo when other servants use their NPs it's normal but when Gil use his NP it's "cheating"? wut?

06-11-12, 3:00 AM

1lau said:

Comparing Sasuke with Gilgamesh...Unless it's some other Sasuke than the one I have in mind.
Lumathy said:

Impulse66 said:

sooo when other servants use their NPs it's normal but when Gil use his NP it's "cheating"? wut?

Rider IH vs less than100 Assassins....No cheating there...>_>

06-11-12, 3:18 AM

ssjokg said:
1lau said:

Comparing Sasuke with Gilgamesh...Unless it's some other Sasuke than the one I have in mind.

he's obviously trolling, there's no other way I could see anyone putting the King in the same sentence with Sasuke.
ssjokg said:
Lumathy said:

Impulse66 said:

Rider IH vs less than100 Assassins....No cheating there...>_>

Gil has a freaking army of 1xxxxx servants attacking him at once, if anyone should complain about "unfair" it's him.

06-11-12, 7:07 AM

Shiyumi said:
Fragarach. WTF is that? Someone PM me a list of Anti-Gilga stuff from both Universes PLEASE! Thank you.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

06-11-12, 7:16 AM

Yumekichi11 said:
Fragarach. WTF is that? Someone PM me a list of Anti-Gilga stuff from both Universes PLEASE! Thank you.

Here:
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fragarach

It's more of a Anti-Ultimate Attack+sure kill instead of Anti-Gil.Anti -Gil would be FSN Archer's UBW ,although against a serious Gil it wouldnt be that helpful.
Modified by Othi-tan, 06-11-12, 7:20 AM

06-11-12, 7:43 AM

Great episode as always, I'm filled with so many emotions!

I knew rider was gonna die, still sad, but at least he went down fighting, and did not die so soon in the series

So we finally know, Berserker's identity... it's funny how fate zero portray the most famous and noble Knight that practically everyone in this world knows his name, and turn him into nothing more than a mad man

While lancer was exactly how we would picture Lancelot would be, chivalrous, loyal, noble, and great with the ladies haha

06-11-12, 7:49 AM

Xawddre said:

While lancer was exactly how we would picture Lancelot would be, chivalrous, loyal, noble, and great with the ladies haha

Funny that ,that's the reason Lancelot wished to become a mad beast.

06-11-12, 7:52 AM

ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Here:

It's more of a Anti-Ultimate Attack+sure kill instead of Anti-Gil.Anti -Gil would be FSN Archer's UBW ,although against a serious Gil it wouldnt be that helpful.

LOL that would be implying that Gil would use an ultimate attack on Bazett.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

06-11-12, 8:00 AM

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Here:

Well Fragarach would be able to kill Gil IF he was serious against her.Thats why I put UBW as an Anti-Gil instead of Fragarach.

06-11-12, 8:12 AM

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Here:

If she has a Servant strong enough to force Gil to use Ea, she can win. I feel Fragarach was created by Nasu to troll the shit out of all the overpowered beings in Nasuverse. Fragarach vs ORT, who would win? (inb4 thread derailed)
The Art of Eight

06-11-12, 8:41 AM

epic one.
But I wonder why Ufotable use Caster face so frequently...

06-11-12, 9:18 AM

dankickyou said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Here:

If she has a Servant strong enough to force Gil to use Ea, she can win. I feel Fragarach was created by Nasu to troll the shit out of all the overpowered beings in Nasuverse. Fragarach vs ORT, who would win? (inb4 thread derailed)

It doesn't take an ultimate attack to kill Bazett.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

06-11-12, 9:36 AM

Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

he's obviously trolling, there's no other way I could see anyone putting the King in the same sentence with Sasuke.

Gil is on another side of the annoyance spectrum. Sasuke is so whiny he can be annoying, Gil is so full of himself it can be annoying.

06-11-12, 9:43 AM

Lapan said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

Gil is on another side of the annoyance spectrum. Sasuke is so whiny he can be annoying, Gil is so full of himself it can be annoying.

While Sasuke is a whiny emo and total idiot if you read the latest chapters ,FZ Gil is a charming asshole.I never cared for Sasuke until his fight with Itachi and after that I stopped caring again.FSN Gil...now HE was annoying.
I want to see FHA Gil when the full patch comes out.Until now I have seen only his chibi form where he is like a totally different character.

06-11-12, 9:45 AM

ssjokg said:
Lapan said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

While Sasuke is a whiny emo and total idiot if you read the latest chapters ,FZ Gil is a charming asshole.I never cared for Sasuke until his fight with Itachi and after that I stopped caring again.FSN Gil...now HE was annoying.
I want to see FHA Gil when the full patch comes out.Until now I have seen only his chibi form where he is like a totally different character.

There is also CP Gil. And Damn I really want to see Fate Hollow animated. Gil is awesome in it.

06-11-12, 10:00 AM

Talking about CP Gil, he is pretty hot in casual clothes.

I am very sorry to inform everyone about this, but was I the only one whose mind was running wild with 'I am sure there are going to be yaoi fangirls writing fanfiction about this part' when I was watching the scene of Rider and Waver? It was really nice. I think Waver should have thrown Rider in the water though, so he could be closer to Okaenos. Waver really manned up against Gilgamesh. I was like 'TAKE REVENGE ON HIM IN THE 6TH GRAIL WAR' and then I was like, 'oh wait, not possible.'

06-11-12, 10:02 AM

ssjokg said:
Lapan said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

Gil is retard in FSN for most time, that EVIL grail must done some damage to his brain I swear. Still FSN Gil >>>> Sasuke because no matter of how much an ass he is, he's still the King, and Golden.
btw Ko-Gil in FHA is totally different, he's very cute, he's very nice to Shirou, he even support SaberxShirou...

Ragna92 said:

There is also CP Gil. And Damn I really want to see Fate Hollow animated. Gil is awesome in it.

His outfit in FHA made my freaking eyes bleed. And I don't know what to think of him in FHA, I prefer Gil in FZ over his other versions by far.

06-11-12, 10:13 AM

Amazing series! I just hope they don't rush the final 2 eps... if the ending is really well done, I'll probably upgrade season 2 to a 10 (I gave it a 9 as of now).

06-11-12, 10:50 AM

Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Lapan said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

Gil is retard in FSN for most time, that EVIL grail must done some damage to his brain I swear. Still FSN Gil >>>> Sasuke because no matter of how much an ass he is, he's still the King, and Golden.
btw Ko-Gil in FHA is totally different, he's very cute, he's very nice to Shirou, he even support SaberxShirou...

Ragna92 said:

His outfit in FHA made my freaking eyes bleed. And I don't know what
to think of him in FHA, I prefer Gil in FZ over his other versions by far.

If CP is Carnival Phantasm then Gil was awesome just by having the GILGIL Machine

06-11-12, 11:56 AM

ssjokg said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
Lapan said:
Lumathy said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

Ragna92 said:

His outfit in FHA made my freaking eyes bleed. And I don't know what
to think of him in FHA, I prefer Gil in FZ over his other versions by far.

If CP is Carnival Phantasm then Gil was awesome just by having the GILGIL Machine

GILGIL MACHINE is legendary indeed

I wish they could make another season of CP adding FZ characters, that'd be awesome (Rider/Waver pair is made for CP really)

06-11-12, 12:14 PM

i wish they show us some of Gilgamesh past

06-11-12, 12:41 PM

loub31 said:

Yeah.Unless Typemoon continues with Fate/strange fake we wont be seeing any backstory.With Enkidu also being in the story I guess Gilgamesh would be even more interesting.

06-11-12, 12:48 PM

ssjokg said:
Xawddre said:

Diarmuid was Chilvarous and loyal but he was not great with the ladies. His curse WAS women after all. Funny part, Lancelot's curse was also a woman (Arthur's wife).

BTW, Lancelot did turn into a mad man, for those who don't bother reading up on arthurian myths. It is said Lancelot turned insane due to the guilt of killing his fellow knights to save Guenivere (Fate/Extra plays with this by portraying Gawainn as a knight who hated Lancelot for killing his brothers, hence leading to Arthur's defeat by not seeking out Lancelot before the battle against Mordred). It is said Lancelot went mad after exile and wandered the plains until one day he was able to glimpse a certain item, which turns out to be the Holy Grail. He was forced only to see it and not to obtain it, nevertheless he was cured of his madness. After this event he seeks Guenivere out after learning where she was but she denies him.

So yes, Lancelot did go mad after Arthur exiled him, and the only calification for a hero to be summoned as a Berserker is to have been crazy at some point in their life (like Herakles when he killed his wife and sons).

06-11-12, 12:56 PM

Yumekichi11 said:

Fragarach is the ultimate counter-attack Noble Phantasm. It isn't anti Gilgamesh, but it is anti Ea. Just have Bazett as the Master of the Servant of your choice.

06-11-12, 1:09 PM

loub31 said:

It seems Gil will show up in the coming PSP game, Fate EXTRA CCC.
Maybe we may get something there.

06-11-12, 1:28 PM

weirpenguin said:
loub31 said:

I dont know about that.The first game seemed a bit random if we are talking about Nasuverse.A few minutes into the game and I was like wtf?Then again I never completed it so maybe I missed something important.

06-11-12, 2:03 PM

I wept... And I wept for so long...

06-11-12, 3:33 PM

weirpenguin said:
loub31 said:

I'm gonna look forward to Gil, Red Saber and Gawain trash talking lol.

06-11-12, 3:36 PM

I cried like a freaking bitch and im going to cry again thinking about it.

06-11-12, 4:28 PM

Solkiskey said:
Didn't like this episode. Gil/Rider was pretty one sided and underwhelming for all that build up. Kinda liked the Saber/Lancelot fights I guess.

2.5/5

I guess you are new here.

The definition of nasuverse is curbstomp battles, eye-fetish, pseudo-philosophy and....seafood....

1lau said:

lolwat. WTF AM I READING?

Liberal said:
Rand0mless said:
Rider is the only so far to have died a honorable, satisfactory death imo. The emotional impact and dialogue that this episode had was spectacular. Truly the best episode I've seen so far in F/Z. I liked Gilgamesh better in F/Z than F/SN. At least here he wasn't a total jackass.

He wasn't a total jackass in F/SN either. In the Fate route

He is an arrogant self-centered man who loves only himself. He does have some redeeming qualities and a code of honor, even if twisted one.

Day2Dream said:
Alright, how the hell did Gil lose in F/SN? lol

NNick said:

Rider went back to heaven :"(.

So basically , this show will have no conclusion because of FSN?

Sorry but thats not how it works.

And yes it will have conclusion. The epilogue sets up all three routes of FSN perfectly.

06-11-12, 5:14 PM

Solkiskey said:
Didn't like this episode. Gil/Rider was pretty one sided and underwhelming for all that build up. Kinda liked the Saber/Lancelot fights I guess.
I don't think that Gilgamesh vs. Iskander was about the fight, it was about Gilgamesh actually respecting someone by being in once in a lifetime serious mode and Iskander emotional demise.

06-11-12, 5:35 PM

Leon-Gun said:
ssjokg said:
Xawddre said:

Diarmuid was Chilvarous and loyal but he was not great with the ladies. His curse WAS women after all. Funny part, Lancelot's curse was also a woman (Arthur's wife).

BTW, Lancelot did turn into a mad man, for those who don't bother reading up on arthurian myths. It is said Lancelot turned insane due to the guilt of killing his fellow knights to save Guenivere (Fate/Extra plays with this by portraying Gawainn as a knight who hated Lancelot for killing his brothers, hence leading to Arthur's defeat by not seeking out Lancelot before the battle against Mordred). It is said Lancelot went mad after exile and wandered the plains until one day he was able to glimpse a certain item, which turns out to be the Holy Grail. He was forced only to see it and not to obtain it, nevertheless he was cured of his madness. After this event he seeks Guenivere out after learning where she was but she denies him.

So yes, Lancelot did go mad after Arthur exiled him, and the only calification for a hero to be summoned as a Berserker is to have been crazy at some point in their life (like Herakles when he killed his wife and sons).

I have read some parts in Arthurian Legends, but that was a while ago so I'm a bit hazy with the details, but if I remember right, Lancelot become a monk in the end (hahaha weird)

It could be a different story, after all there a many different takes on the story of King Arthur. For Type Moon, they just created a whole new perspective of King Arthur.

06-11-12, 5:38 PM

Great episode! The BGM during the final charge of Rider was epic. I hope it'll be included in the second OST.

Still, I am a little bit worried that the ending will be rushed. I have only played the original VN so I only know the most important facts of the ending. Nevertheless I have the feeling that 2 episodes could be insufficient for the rest of the plot.

06-11-12, 5:43 PM

Is archer really just that strong? Because the fight vs rider is pretty one sided and disappointing. I was hoping for something epic but rider just straight up got owned in the face...Feels a little anti-climatic.

06-11-12, 6:24 PM

ymhr6 said:
Is archer really just that strong? Because the fight vs rider is pretty one sided and disappointing. I was hoping for something epic but rider just straight up got owned in the face...Feels a little anti-climatic.

Gilgamesh is the most powerful Heroic Spirit (he's about 5x your average Heroic Spirit). The only way he's defeated is because he's arrogant and doesn't go full power in the beginning. Unfortunately, he respected Rider so much he went full power since the beginning. He could have ended the war in the first day if he actually gave a damn.

Probably his beloved companion, Enkidu, would be his match (he was made to complete Gilgamesh).

06-11-12, 6:37 PM

ymhr6 said:

Ea's base output is 27 times Excalibur's maximum output. And that's not counting the boosts given by Gil's Gate of Babylon. Owned in the face is an understatement.

But this fight was not about Iskander getting owned. It is about Iskander being the first person to make Gil use Ea AND Enkidu in one fight. That means Gil must have viewed Iskander with the utmost respect when he normally considers HEROIC SPIRITS worthy only of third rate NPs from his Gate of Babylon.

06-11-12, 7:08 PM

^Gilgamesh also gave him the answer he seeked and woke him up from his dream. So you could say he honored Rider by going all out and helping him reach what he wanted. He also spares Waver Velvet as a final show of respect to Alexander.

Anyway yeah, Archer is just that strong. Ea is the sword that torns heaven and earth asunder. It can destroy the world and create it anew. It's just that powerful. Why do you think Gil turned in disgust when TOkiomi suggested he'd use it on Caster? Caster was just a maggot, spreading it's filth and he won't show the splendor of the sword of Creation to such a disgusting being. The fact he actually shows it, in repeated ocassions, to Saber shows that in his own twisted ways he respected Saber's naive ideal... enough to want to own her (he's an ancient King after all).
Xawddre said:
Leon-Gun said:
ssjokg said:
Xawddre said:

I have read some parts in Arthurian Legends, but that was a while ago so I'm a bit hazy with the details, but if I remember right, Lancelot become a monk in the end (hahaha weird)

It could be a different story, after all there a many different takes on the story of King Arthur. For Type Moon, they just created a whole new perspective of King Arthur.
True, Type-Moon took the most popular parts of the tale however, the made up parts are mostly Arondight (there's no sister sword to Excalibur, although it does plays nicely to the fact the Fairy of the Lake are actually two Ladies according to the most common legend, one being beheaded some time after giving Arthur Excalibur), the fact Saber is female, and the made up excuse that was created to explain Mordred's conception (it still invoves screwing her sister Morgana though).

And yeah, he eventually became a monk, I don't think they changed that. Berserkers in Fate are involuntarily turned mad by an skill called Mad ENhancement which makes them into...well... what Lancelot is right now in Fate. That doesn't mean he didn't come to a tranquil death in solitude among monks, it merely means he was forced to return to his days of being a mad man after exile. The reason Type-Moon uses for his obsession with Saber is also still pretty valid even when comparing it to Arthurian myth. Lancelot in Fate wants Saber to punish him for his mistakes, to not just let him go but to punish him for his part in what eventually made Camelot fall (Lancelot's betrayal is part of what made Camelot come undone as he was one of the best knights at Arthur's service and his attempt to save Guenivere caused other great knights to die too).
Modified by Leon-Gun, 06-11-12, 7:12 PM

06-11-12, 8:56 PM

The quality is still as awesome. Goosebumps all the way especially scenes involve rider and Waver Velvet. It's still so touching and sad even though the outcome was already known

5/5.

06-11-12, 9:23 PM

Here, we see the "Semifinal Round" of the Fourth Holy Grail War. Rider vs Archer, Saber vs Berserker. Rider goes out in a glorious charge that made his opponent resort to his best weapons available. Berserker finally reveals his identity as Lancelot, to the shock of King Arthur. After the conclusion of Arturia and Lancelot's duel comes the long-awaited Final Match. Kiritsugu and Kirei will finally come face to face.

There was no holding back this time, as we finally see Ea and Arondight drawn in the two fights. Truly, an epic episode.

06-12-12, 5:12 AM

that was Awesome xD
I have a bit of a change at archer though how he wasn't as bad as i expected (but still not on the good side). the ending of rider and the talk with waver did make me shed a few tears too:P

06-12-12, 5:21 AM

Fuck. R.I.P Alexander. Not a bad death for my favorite servant. Gilgamesh too OP.

Damn Saber so soft-hearted. Im still wondering why Kariya didn't rape Aoi before killing her. So disappoint. Still, Kirei is the most hated character for me. He killed Iri, my favorite character </3.

2 More episodes. Go Kiritsugu! Kill Kirei!

06-12-12, 5:36 AM

-MgZ_ said:

Im still wondering why Kariya didn't rape Aoi before killing her. So disappoint.

Wut?
The Art of Eight

06-12-12, 5:40 AM

dankickyou said:
-MgZ_ said:

Im still wondering why Kariya didn't rape Aoi before killing her. So disappoint.

Wut?

I saw that in many posts....
Why do people want Kariya to rape Aoi anyway?I dont see a reason for that.
Now if we were talking about BEATING some sense into her I would understand but why rape?

06-12-12, 5:57 AM

ssjokg said:
dankickyou said:
-MgZ_ said:

Wut?

Now if we were talking about BEATING some sense into her I would understand but why rape?

Their idea of teaching a woman a lesson is Rape. Pretty messed up.
The Art of Eight

06-12-12, 6:37 AM

dankickyou said:
ssjokg said:
dankickyou said:
-MgZ_ said:

Wut?

Their idea of teaching a woman a lesson is Rape. Pretty messed up.

But haven't the whole Matou family proved to us already that rape doesn't fix mental problems, but rather creates new ones? I mean, they provided us with so many beautiful examples of how this method does NOT help that I'm surprised someone still believes it would.

06-12-12, 8:16 AM

Great episode, it was sad to see Rider go, he was awesome.
Now that cliffhanger is so interesting, can't wait for the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

06-12-12, 8:23 AM

So 2 more episodes?

Pages (14) « First ... « 3.8 4.8 [5.8] 6.8 7.8 » ... Last »