Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2012 10:52 PM

Sep 2010
TheRealBoyd said:
CuChuliann/Bazett would basically steamroll F/SN, yeah..

Bazett/Any Servant could. If she can do it with Avenger, imagine someone else. But overall Chuchulainn is a great Servant when he's allowed to fight. He also has the right mindset for battles (which not all Servants do: Gilgamesh being too arrogant, Saber being too chivalrous, EMIYA not giving a damn, Iskandar being too bro, etc).
Jun 9, 2012 11:01 PM

Apr 2012
Thess said:
TheRealBoyd said:
CuChuliann/Bazett would basically steamroll F/SN, yeah..

Bazett/Any Servant could. If she can do it with Avenger, imagine someone else. But overall Chuchulainn is a great Servant when he's allowed to fight. He also has the right mindset for battles (which not all Servants do: Gilgamesh being too arrogant, Saber being too chivalrous, EMIYA not giving a damn, Iskandar being too bro, etc).

The guy has a sense of humor too.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 9, 2012 11:03 PM

May 2010
Epic episode saber was so beast and poor rider
Jun 9, 2012 11:08 PM

Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

To further argue this I would have to say the Alexander's powers comes much more Noble in gathering his army VS Archer's powers come from stolen treasures that have Nobility for they were never really fashioned by Gilgamesh. Rather stolen and no stealing in true sense is anything Noble even in taking it from defeated enemies. Alexander in fact had some Noble ways of paying respect to his men that have died upon their burial. Gilgamesh would merely spit and insult his defeated opponents. Well IMO that is. Hence a small upstanding I have against Gilgamesh. Moreover I am very CON for Gilgamesh and in fact wished Alexander won over him.

ssjokg said:
Gil's treasures are his NP that's the whole point.It's his accomplishment as the oldest king(in FSN,FZ that is).And to be more accurate most of the NP we see other Heroic Spirits carry come from Gil's Vault or were made according to the legends of the weapons Gil has( like Excalibur).So it would be more accurate to say that his weapons were stolen not the other way around.Then again only with Enkidu and Ea he still is way more powerful than other servants.GoB is just to show off his power as the King.

I haven't a clue on how the Fate universe manages it but how was Excalibur made according to the legends of Gilgamesh?
Jun 9, 2012 11:36 PM

Aug 2010
Woah I totally forget that Urobochi was the writer of Fate/Zero when I was watching this episode. Respects to Gen.
Jun 9, 2012 11:36 PM

Sep 2011
Veldril said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
WTF Is That Enuma Elish? I Like The Swirling Wave In F/SN Than This. At First I Thought He Summoned A High-Tech Unknown Treasury LOL.

The Es's swirling wave in F/SN is one of the most butchered things DEEN ever done to F/SN. Most VN players hate it. ufotable really render the description of Ea down to the core.

Nope. F/SN's Ea Is Much More Convincing Than F/Z's.

Lumathy said:

I wouldn't say "down to the core", it's kinda different than when he used in in Fate/ hollow ataraxia.

Also This.

BloodRequiem said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
WTF Is That Enuma Elish? I Like The Swirling Wave In F/SN Than This. At First I Thought He Summoned A High-Tech Unknown Treasury LOL.

But Then, I Never Knew That Heaven's Chain Is Coming. I Thought A Surprised Gae Bolg Or Some Random Treasury Would Pierced Rider.

I Went Goosebumps On This Episode 5/5. :O

2 More To Go~.

BloodRequiem said:
halberdiers said:
The jaw dropping visuals are even more over the top this episode. My mind was epicly blown by the appearance of Ea, completely fitting of the creation star which sunders heaven and earth.

Gil really loves making people think they have a chance of killing him doesn't he? He does the good ol' enkidu to lancer and berserker in FSN and now to rider.

He never used Enkidu on Cu Chulainn

He Used It.

He never used it in the VN.
Only in the F/SN anime.
Which devalued this fight since Gil likes Enkidu more than Ea.
It made it seem like Gil would use Enkidu on any servant if the situation favours it which is not the case.

In The Anime, Yes. In The VN, I Believe He Used That Also.

There's Cu Cuhlainn's Surviving Ability So That If He's In Near Death State, He Might Used His Noble Phantasm Against Gilgamesh But His Ability Was Restricted By Gilgamesh's Heaven's Chain So He Never Made A Chance To Use His Noble Phantasm Like Someone Said And Explained Before Me.

And, I Didn't Really Bother About The Fate Route In VN. I Only Replay The VN For UBW Route.
TennoujiJun 9, 2012 11:50 PM

Jun 9, 2012 11:37 PM
Dec 2007
I'm pretty sure Gilgamesh doesn't have Excalibur. He has the prototype of The Sword in the Stone (Caliburn/Caledfwlch) which interestingly enough was what originally was called Caledfwlch or Excalibur until the myth morphed to add the Fairy of the Lake. The original is called Gram btw, which is the sword that Sigurd/Siegfried uses to defeat the dragon Fafnir in Norse Mythology.

Why is Gram related to Caliburn? Because they are both swords that only chosen ones could wield. Caliburn was stuck to a stone, according to the most common legend, until the rightful heir of the Pendragon throne was to be found. Gram was struck to a tree by Odin and only a chosen hero could take it out (which interestingly enough wasn't Sigurd, but his father Sigmund, who broke it later on and then ordered it reforged and given to his son when he came of age). Excalibur was forged by the Fairies and in the same vein as Ea has no prototype on Earth, as such Gilgamesh has no claim to it.

Jun 9, 2012 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
Mockman said:
Yumekichi11 said:

To further argue this I would have to say the Alexander's powers comes much more Noble in gathering his army VS Archer's powers come from stolen treasures that have Nobility for they were never really fashioned by Gilgamesh. Rather stolen and no stealing in true sense is anything Noble even in taking it from defeated enemies. Alexander in fact had some Noble ways of paying respect to his men that have died upon their burial. Gilgamesh would merely spit and insult his defeated opponents. Well IMO that is. Hence a small upstanding I have against Gilgamesh. Moreover I am very CON for Gilgamesh and in fact wished Alexander won over him.

ssjokg said:
Gil's treasures are his NP that's the whole point.It's his accomplishment as the oldest king(in FSN,FZ that is).And to be more accurate most of the NP we see other Heroic Spirits carry come from Gil's Vault or were made according to the legends of the weapons Gil has( like Excalibur).So it would be more accurate to say that his weapons were stolen not the other way around.Then again only with Enkidu and Ea he still is way more powerful than other servants.GoB is just to show off his power as the King.

I haven't a clue on how the Fate universe manages it but how was Excalibur made according to the legends of Gilgamesh?

He probably has it confused with Saber's original sword Caliburn.
Excalibur was crafted by the fairies. But Caliburn was based on the design of Gram which is a weapon from the Gate of Babylon.
Then again you could argue that Gil had "swords" before the concept of sword even existed, therefore Excalibur is somewhat of a derivative.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 9, 2012 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
Veldril said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:

The Es's swirling wave in F/SN is one of the most butchered things DEEN ever done to F/SN. Most VN players hate it. ufotable really render the description of Ea down to the core.

Lumathy said:

I wouldn't say "down to the core", it's kinda different than when he used in in Fate/ hollow ataraxia.

Also This.

BloodRequiem said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:

But Then, I Never Knew That Heaven's Chain Is Coming. I Thought A Surprised Gae Bolg Or Some Random Treasury Would Pierced Rider.

2 More To Go~.

BloodRequiem said:
halberdiers said:
The jaw dropping visuals are even more over the top this episode. My mind was epicly blown by the appearance of Ea, completely fitting of the creation star which sunders heaven and earth.

Gil really loves making people think they have a chance of killing him doesn't he? He does the good ol' enkidu to lancer and berserker in FSN and now to rider.

He Used It.

Only in the F/SN anime.
It made it seem like Gil would use Enkidu on any servant if the situation favours it which is not the case.

There's Cu Cuhlainn's Surviving Ability So That If He's In Near Death State, He Might Used His Noble Phantasm Against Gilgamesh But His Ability Was Restricted By Gilgamesh's Heaven's Chain Like Someone Said And Explained Before Me.

And, I Didn't Really Bother About The Fate Route In VN. I Only Replay The VN For UBW Route.

Ea in F/SN anime was a laser beam...when it was supposed to be a weapon that splits dimensions and sucks everything around it into the abyss.

Gae Bolg won't work on Gil because A rank luck.
If it is accepted that Archer didn't use UBW on Hercules, then Gilgamesh didn't use Enkidu on Cu Chulainn.
The reason he survived that long was probably protection from projectiles and battle continuation so he most likely eventually died from being exhausted.
Jun 9, 2012 11:43 PM

Aug 2011
Gilgamesh and Rider sharing a cup of wine before their showdown is probably the most respectable guest that has been done before a big epic battle in Fate\Zero. Just seeing Gilgamesh keeping his composure, style and elegance vs Rider was truly something amazing to watch. Damn Rider, that final sprint before Gilgamesh was just epic to watch, just seeing the blades piercing his body made me really sad to see. Rider, you will be missed. A battle truly worth kings. Compared to the Gilgamesh in FSN, his way of thinking is more normal, reasonable and sane in the Fate\Zero.

He spared Waver's life in out of respect to Rider. A true king.

Seeing in Saber in despair when she finally realize Berserker's true identity, Sir Lancelot. While hearing Rider's voice in the background quoting what he said at the King's Banquet was well done animated. I'd like to see other anime follow up on something like this.

When I saw Rider's Ionian Hetairoi collapsing when Gilgamesh opened up the his most valuable treasure with odd shaped, yet beautiful key was a sight to behold. When his Ultimate Weapon was revealed, EA (Enuma Elish). Enel it was fucking glorious to watch. "A stage worthy of your present has been set."

I gotta say, this is probably my favorite episode of Fate\Zero season 2 at the moment. I think the final two will just as well epic, but might be more epic as well. I can't wait. Rumors is about the final episode to be a "2H" special. I just Enel damn hope so!

ARCHER!!!!!!1
Kratos_OrtegaJun 9, 2012 11:53 PM
Jun 10, 2012 12:01 AM

Sep 2011
BloodRequiem said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
Veldril said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:

Lumathy said:

Also This.

BloodRequiem said:
PleinairUsagiDrp said:

2 More To Go~.

BloodRequiem said:
halberdiers said:

He Used It.

Only in the F/SN anime.

There's Cu Cuhlainn's Surviving Ability So That If He's In Near Death State, He Might Used His Noble Phantasm Against Gilgamesh But His Ability Was Restricted By Gilgamesh's Heaven's Chain Like Someone Said And Explained Before Me.

Ea in F/SN anime was a laser beam...when it was supposed to be a weapon that splits dimensions and sucks everything around it into the abyss.

Gae Bolg won't work on Gil because A rank luck.
If it is accepted that Archer didn't use UBW on Hercules, then Gilgamesh didn't use Enkidu on Cu Chulainn.
The reason he survived that long was probably protection from projectiles and battle continuation so he most likely eventually died from being exhausted.

About Ea, Maybe If He's Against With A Battalion Of Soldiers. Maybe If He's On One On One, It Can Be A Swirling Wave.

About Lancer And Heaven's Chain, Well Either That Or Gilgamesh Really Used Heaven's Chain On Cu Cuhlainn Since Your Statement Is Acceptable For Me.

I Couldn't Remember What Happened On The VN Fate Route Unless I'm Going To Replay That. Maybe My Wide Knowledge From Type-Moon Is Fading. ._.

Jun 10, 2012 12:18 AM

Feb 2010
rip rider you will be missed!
Jun 10, 2012 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
Haven't read the VN, I was expecting GoB to wipe out every single troop. So, I am slightly disappointed with the whole anti-NP (Ea). Oh well. I also thought Gil would do that Ea Slash thing from the FSN anime, but nope. It was basically like that rule breaker dagger.
Jun 10, 2012 12:22 AM

Mar 2011
Kratos_Ortega said:
Gilgamesh and Rider sharing a cup of wine before their showdown is probably the most respectable guest that has been done before a big epic battle in FateZero. Just seeing Gilgamesh keeping his composure, style and elegance vs Rider was truly something amazing to watch. Damn Rider, that final sprint before Gilgamesh was just epic to watch, just seeing the blades piercing his body made me really sad to see. Rider, you will be missed. A battle truly worth kings. Compared to the Gilgamesh in FSN, his way of thinking is more normal, reasonable and sane in the FateZero.

Rider seems to bring the best out of everybody. Their talk was full of GAR & BRO it felt so epic. True kingship right there.
Too bad that Rider was the only one Gil ever seen as a worthy opponent with mutual respect, everyone else is just mongrel to him -__-

the_trainman said:
Alexander the Great - estimated time of death (historical): 10/11 June 323 BC.

FVCK.

Alexander the Great died on June 10, 323 B.C. in Babylon.
It was fate.

R.I.P.
Jun 10, 2012 12:42 AM

Dec 2007
I never really thought about how Ea would look since I tried to put everything involving DEENs F/SN out of my mind, but this was a very good interpretation. It's not a sword that releases a blast of energy like Excalibur, it destroys time and space by replacing it with a fake layer of time and space generated by the pressurized winds. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't really make sense if it was just a beam of energy. Ufotable just goes the extra mile yet again and gives us the full experience.

And it's the first time Iv'e seen Gate of Babylon animated the way it's described as. GoB is not the portal but the name of the key used to open the portal. They must have some real hardcore fans in charge of the F/Z project over at Ufotable.

And it never made me forget that its all about the characters plights. At a certain point, Alexander probably knew he would lose but he was determined to go as far as he could for Waver. Just so much justice to the novel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2012 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
Rider almost got Gil, but then he took an arrow in the knee (......or sword I guess :D)

Brilliant episode. Though I'm still a little confused on how "Rider's dream" is fulfilled at his last moments. Can anyone elaborate on this?

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jun 10, 2012 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
Rider Lost.
Pacquiao Lost.
And today is Iskandar/Alexander's death anniversary: June 10.
Similar to Mother's Day episode. I wonder if they planned this or just coincidence.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 10, 2012 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
wishbook said:
Rider almost got Gil, but then he took an arrow in the knee (......or sword I guess :D)

Brilliant episode. Though I'm still a little confused on how "Rider's dream" is fulfilled at his last moments. Can anyone elaborate on this?

He finally found Okeanos.

LOL and I just realized. The dates aren't the only easter eggs in this episode.
That stuff Kirei was saying at the end "your staff and rod comforts me" (Sounds really gay I know) is Psalms 23...on episode 23.
BloodRequiemJun 10, 2012 12:58 AM
Jun 10, 2012 1:53 AM

Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
wishbook said:

That stuff Kirei was saying at the end "your staff and rod comforts me" (Sounds really gay I know) is Psalms 23...on episode 23.

is that in the LN too?

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jun 10, 2012 1:58 AM

Apr 2012
wishbook said:
BloodRequiem said:
wishbook said:

is that in the LN too?

Yes he does say that in the LN.
But still...that planning...ufotable...
Maybe that's why they skipped those 4months in between...to set this whole thing up...
Jun 10, 2012 2:15 AM

Nov 2011
BloodRequiem said:
wishbook said:
BloodRequiem said:
wishbook said:

is that in the LN too?

Yes he does say that in the LN.
But still...that planning...ufotable...
Maybe that's why they skipped those 4months in between...to set this whole thing up...

I would think delaying the series for a whole season just for a few references that very few people would catch wouldn't be the entire reason behind it. Still, it's nice to see these little Easter eggs here and there.

Berserker's armor reveal was quite nice, although Lancelot's face looks far too similar to Caster's. Even though he won't be there in person, I hope Rider's words will eventually get through to Saber, with this battle against Berserker.

Despite being enemies, Gilgamesh and Iskandar still find to have drinks before fighting, like sirs. I just loved that scene. You really can't hate Gilgamesh, while he is incredibly overpowered, he treated Iskandar with honor and dignity until the very end, and extended that same treatment to Waver.

Great episode, that leaves me both excited and scared about what is going to happen next.
AzureBluesJun 10, 2012 2:29 AM
Jun 10, 2012 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
BloodRequiem said:
halberdiers said:

yea he did fate route towards the end where lancer allowed shirou to get away alive

EDIT: Ok I read through the thread and then went back to read the VN again and realized it was the anime. Silly me mistaking DEEN's crap with the original. But I guess it would make sense that he didn't use it on lancer since he enkidu was as important to him as Ea
halberdiersJun 10, 2012 2:43 AM
Jun 10, 2012 2:21 AM

Sep 2010
wishbook said:

He searched for the mythical edge of the world all his life, when he realized... it was within him. Life and journey. That was he meaning of his quest. Remember that sea Waver saw in his dream? It was in him all the time.

ThessJun 10, 2012 2:25 AM
Jun 10, 2012 2:48 AM

Jan 2009
Icebreaker93 said:
Best episode so far.Why in Fate/Zero almost every heroic spirit is badass but in Fate/Stay Night every one suck especially Gilgamesh.

I would say it's the way they are portrayed in the anime. IMO some of the FSN servants are badass in their own rights in the different routes. I mean look at lancer the way he died in UBW was pretty badass, berserker was badass everytime he appeared with all the destruction and he was so overpowered, rider was badass in heaven's feel route, archer was badass with UBW.
Jun 10, 2012 2:53 AM
Jul 2009
Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing during Rider's charge? It also played a couple of episodes ago during the motorcycle chase scene...its really awesome.
Jun 10, 2012 2:56 AM

Oct 2008
Sadly Alexander vs Gilgamesh was underwhelming. Him having a weapon that eactly counters Riders phantasm is a little bit to much of an asspull. I know he is supposed to be overpowered, but that doesn't mean i have to like it.

I figured Berserker is gonna be Lancelot, they weren't really subtle about it.

With this series almost done i gotta say i prefer this a ton over Stay/Night. The characters are a lot more likeable. While i don't think it's a 10/10 masterpiece liek the hype suggests, it's a good and enjoyable show.

3/5
I liked the Berserker vs Saber fight, but Gil vs Alexander drags this episode down.
Jun 10, 2012 3:00 AM
Feb 2010
That charge man, that charge......

Rider you were trully Great.
Jun 10, 2012 3:16 AM

Mar 2011
ashkon77 said:
Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing during Rider's charge? It also played a couple of episodes ago during the motorcycle chase scene...its really awesome.

probably gonna be on the soundtrack comes with the BD boxset out in September

Lapan said:
Him having a weapon that eactly counters Riders phantasm is a little bit to much of an asspull.

EA is not the NP that exactly counters Rider's IH, it's the NP that annihilate EVERYTHING. It's just the matter of whether Gil wanted to use it or not (he didn't want to use it on anyone else but Rider because they are not worthy to see Ea)
Jun 10, 2012 3:33 AM

Feb 2008
Epic fight is epic. Rider's last charge was impressive.
Jun 10, 2012 3:57 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was EPIC! Can't wait for the next!!!
Jun 10, 2012 4:34 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Mockman said:
Yumekichi11 said:

ssjokg said:

He probably has it confused with Saber's original sword Caliburn.
Excalibur was crafted by the fairies. But Caliburn was based on the design of Gram which is a weapon from the Gate of Babylon.
Then again you could argue that Gil had "swords" before the concept of sword even existed, therefore Excalibur is somewhat of a derivative.

Seems I combined the Caliburn/Excalibur legend with the Nasuverse legend.
Yeah Gil has the "prototype" of Caliburn in GoB.

And what the hell?There are people that didnt like the action because Gil was too powerful?Or the ep had too much talk?Are you people retarded or just angry Rider fanboys?Even Rider seemed to enjoy the fight so whats your problem?
ssjokgJun 10, 2012 4:37 AM
Jun 10, 2012 5:16 AM

Nov 2011
I can't believe 4 people gave this episode a 1/5. Even if you hated everything about the characters and story, the animation and music alone deserved a 3/5.
The Art of Eight
Jun 10, 2012 6:14 AM

Jan 2011
"Who do you save?" dream sequence next episode.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Jun 10, 2012 6:49 AM

Aug 2010
dankickyou said:
I can't believe 4 people gave this episode a 1/5. Even if you hated everything about the characters and story, the animation and music alone deserved a 3/5.

Yeah seriously these haters. How the F can you give an episode like this 1/5.

Wouldn't Gilgamesh have also died if the RM didn't collapse?
Ragna92Jun 10, 2012 6:52 AM
Jun 10, 2012 7:12 AM

Apr 2012
Lapan said:
Him having a weapon that eactly counters Riders phantasm is a little bit to much of an asspull.

Lumathy said:
EA is not the NP that exactly counters Rider's IH, it's the NP that annihilate EVERYTHING. It's just the matter of whether Gil wanted to use it or not (he didn't want to use it on anyone else but Rider because they are not worthy to see Ea)
Adding on to this, Gilgamesh already had Enkidu and Ea before Fate/Zero was even written, so it's not like those Noble Phantasms were written just for this story.

Also I'm not sure what would've happened if the Reality Marble didn't collapse, but I figure Gilgamesh probably knew it would anyway.
Jun 10, 2012 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
Berserker is Lancelot from the olden days.
Valient effort by Iskandar but he couldn't touch Gilgamesh.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 10, 2012 7:44 AM

May 2008
awesome episode didnt think Berserker was Lancelot can't wait for the final 2 episodes!!!!
Jun 10, 2012 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:

And what the hell?There are people that didnt like the action because Gil was too powerful?Or the ep had too much talk?Are you people retarded or just angry Rider fanboys?Even Rider seemed to enjoy the fight so whats your problem?

TheRealBoyd said:
EA is not the NP that exactly counters Rider's IH, it's the NP that annihilate EVERYTHING. It's just the matter of whether Gil wanted to use it or not (he didn't want to use it on anyone else but Rider because they are not worthy to see Ea) Adding on to this, Gilgamesh already had Enkidu and Ea before Fate/Zero was even written, so it's not like those Noble Phantasms were written just for this story.

Also I'm not sure what would've happened if the Reality Marble didn't collapse, but I figure Gilgamesh probably knew it would anyway.

There is a limit when being to owerpowered turns a fight into something boring. It being a NP that annihilates EVERYTHING just further strenghtens my point :/
Jun 10, 2012 8:03 AM

Aug 2009
Lapan said:
ssjokg said:

TheRealBoyd said:
EA is not the NP that exactly counters Rider's IH, it's the NP that annihilate EVERYTHING. It's just the matter of whether Gil wanted to use it or not (he didn't want to use it on anyone else but Rider because they are not worthy to see Ea) Adding on to this, Gilgamesh already had Enkidu and Ea before Fate/Zero was even written, so it's not like those Noble Phantasms were written just for this story.

There is a limit when being to owerpowered turns a fight into something boring. It being a NP that annihilates EVERYTHING just further strenghtens my point :/

Their fight was far from boring even if it was a walk in the park for Gil.And it's not everything if you count Avalon.
ssjokgJun 10, 2012 8:17 AM
Jun 10, 2012 8:03 AM

Apr 2009
Manly tears Rider, manly tears ;_;
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
Jun 10, 2012 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
Lapan said:

Then I advise you to stay away from other Nasuverse works, since this universe is about beating haxes with even bigger hax and breaking all previously established rules for the fun of it. Fate/Zero is really low on it actually, because it was written by Gen, not Nasu.

And honestly, Ea isn't the most broken NP on this show. It's actually Avalon. Really, it's so broken it's not even funny.
Jun 10, 2012 8:16 AM

Jun 2010
This episode made me realize just how OP Gilgamesh is...
I watched FSN and saw how strong he was... read the VN and how strong I thought he truly was... but seeing Gilgamesh take down Rider like that really emphisizes how OP he is, especially when he used all three of his NP at once.
Jun 10, 2012 8:19 AM

Aug 2010
Trenerka said:
Lapan said:

Then I advise you to stay away from other Nasuverse works, since this universe is about beating haxes with even bigger hax and breaking all previously established rules for the fun of it. Fate/Zero is really low on it actually, because it was written by Gen, not Nasu.

And honestly, Ea isn't the most broken NP on this show. It's actually Avalon. Really, it's so broken it's not even funny.

They are both broken in their own way though. Avalon is broken defense and Ea is broken offense.

Nonetheless I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like Gil uses Enuma Elish all the time. The fact that he considered Rider worthy enough is what made the battle so great.
Jun 10, 2012 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:
Lapan said:
ssjokg said:

TheRealBoyd said:

Their fight was far from boring even if it was a walk in the park for Gil.And it's not everything if you count Avalon.

I guess that's where our opinions differ. I enjoy close matches a lot more than battles that are over in a flash.
Jun 10, 2012 8:37 AM

Mar 2009
Ragna92 said:
Trenerka said:
Lapan said:

They are both broken in their own way though. Avalon is broken defense and Ea is broken offense.

Nonetheless I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like Gil uses Enuma Elish all the time. The fact that he considered Rider worthy enough is what made the battle so great.

No, Avalon is more broken since it's pretty much automatical and Ea needs short time to charge. Not much, but as UBW proved it's beatable if you are fast enough.

Besides perfect defense is always more broken than any attack that can't pierce it. And we pretty much have seen showdown between Ea and Avalon, which proved which one is more OP.
Jun 10, 2012 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Ragna92 said:
Trenerka said:
Lapan said:

the "bad guy" overpowers the"good" guy.I think thats the reason.When Rider used IH against less than 100 Assassins no one had a problem.
Jun 10, 2012 8:52 AM

Oct 2011
this was the best episode ... Gil was awesome ....
it was clear and expected that Rider can't defeat Gil ... he is not agile so he can't avoids his swords ... and he has not a long distance skills ... he is fighting soon from his adversary and this type of combat does not work with Gil ...

it seems that Gil is the most powerful servant ... he even didnt move from his place when he was fighting Rider ....i was exepected more from Rider but Gil Seems extraordinary .... i think no one can defeat Gil in a fair fight
Jun 10, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
this was the best episode ... Gil was awesome ....
it was clear and expected that Rider can't defeat Gil ... he is not agile so he can't avoids his swords ... and he has not a long distance skills ... he is fighting soon from his adversary and this type of combat does not work with Gil ...

it seems that Gil is the most powerful servant ... he even didnt move from his place when he was fighting Rider ....i was exepected more from Rider but Gil Seems extraordinary .... i think no one can defeat Gil in a fair fight

If Gil stops being a so arrogant he can defeat several Servants in a single fight.
Rider's army wasnt made by random warriors.Every single one of them are Heroic Spirits.Some are more powerful than Rider himself but Rider doesnt have enough mana to share with them.The only way to beat Gil is to not let him draw Ea + not having divinity,being more than immortal
+ PIS

Someone once said that Gen made Saber take that injury from Lancer so that she wont dominate the fights......Lol what?What about Gil then?
ssjokgJun 10, 2012 9:03 AM
Jun 10, 2012 9:14 AM

Jul 2007
Lapan said:
ssjokg said:

TheRealBoyd said:

Then nasuverse is not for you.

The very idea of Gilgamesh is that he IS overpowered. His noble phantasm IS the most powerful and unstoppable, capable of splitting time and space. The only one with the anti-planet level noble phantasm.

But he is not the most hax character in nasuverse. 100% Arcueid or anyone above her would make a nice tooth paste out of Gilgamesh. But he is still near the top of power rankings.

gilgamesh's weakness is his arrogance and pride, which gets in the way of his power as he tends to underestimate, well, everyone who is not Gilgamesh.

Also Gilgamesh is not invincible. Some of noble phantasms and reality marbles work REALLY well at countering him :)

Nasuverse is full of overpowered. Thats one of the attracting factors of this franchise. You have insane levels of unique and creative powers.
Jun 10, 2012 9:19 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Lapan said:
ssjokg said:

TheRealBoyd said:

Then nasuverse is not for you.

The very idea of Gilgamesh is that he IS overpowered. His noble phantasm IS the most powerful and unstoppable, capable of splitting time and space. The only one with the anti-planet level noble phantasm.

gilgamesh's weakness is his arrogance and pride, which gets in the way of his power as he tends to underestimate, well, everyone who is not Gilgamesh.

But he is not the most hax character in nasuverse. 100% Arcueid or anyone above her would make a nice tooth paste out of Gilgamesh.

Nasuverse is full of overpowered. Thats one of the attracting factors of this franchise. You have insane levels of unique and creative powers.

Well we cant have other Nasuverse overpowered characters show up in a Heroic Spirit war.Although I would like to see Akiha,Arcueid,Ciel or Ryougi(lets not start a Ryougi vs Servants discussion) show up and fight.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.