Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]
Jul 1, 2012 2:38 PM
Mar 2012
So Brazil 2014, won't be surprised if Spain takes that one as well, especially since quite a few of their player are still young and can improve, but the same can be said about Germany's squad. On the others side some teams are going to have a complete change due to the age of players like Italy, no Buffon or Pirlo.
Jul 1, 2012 2:41 PM

May 2012
Karpman said:
So Brazil 2014, won't be surprised if Spain takes that one as well, especially since quite a few of their player are still young and can improve, but the same can be said about Germany's squad. On the others side some teams are going to have a complete change due to the age of players like Italy, no Buffon or Pirlo.

Buffon will play, that's 1, but you're most probably right about Pirlo

ok, 2014 - won't be Spain's win I can guarantee
it will be Brasil anyway, they have everything
you know what I'm talking about if you watched their last 5-10 games at least
they're definitely improving and it will be no surprise if Brasil wins
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jul 1, 2012 2:44 PM

Mar 2011
Legendre said:
Jack_Rav said:
4-0. What boring football, eh? (!)

Sarcasm aside. It was boring for me. It's the same reason I don't like watching the first round of a tennis tournament where Federer or Djokovic, etc. stomp their opponents. Why in the world would I want to watch a game where the other team offers up little competition? In short, 4-0 is a stomp, and I don't like watching stomps.

It's amazing to watch from a purely objective standpoint though, as I'm sure that quote was referencing. This Spanish team is among the best ever depending on who you ask, and if you are a fan of Spain, then surely it is amazing to watch.

I agree with almost everything y ou said there.. :)
Jul 1, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2011
TheWitcher said:
Karpman said:

It's 2 years from now. No one should calling that right now.
Jul 1, 2012 2:49 PM
Mar 2012
TheWitcher said:
Karpman said:

Haven't, didn't really follow their matches, but Neymar is already playing for his national squad huh? No surprise with that guy being anticipated as the next world class player, that is probably the only thing I love about Spain, their teamwork, always able to find a player and the passes Xavi/Iniesta sometimes give are good, but the slow, patient football is its downside (to watch, anyway)

Would love to see a Brasil vs Spain final though, probably is going to come too, Messi isn't that amazing for Argentine.
Jul 1, 2012 3:14 PM

May 2012
Karpman said:
TheWitcher said:
Karpman said:

Haven't, didn't really follow their matches, but Neymar is already playing for his national squad huh? No surprise with that guy being anticipated as the next world class player, that is probably the only thing I love about Spain, their teamwork, always able to find a player and the passes Xavi/Iniesta sometimes give are good, but the slow, patient football is its downside (to watch, anyway)

Would love to see a Brasil vs Spain final though, probably is going to come too, Messi isn't that amazing for Argentine.

well, Missi is quite good but the fanboys are plain stupid for saying that "hurr durr he doens't have anybody to play with and he plays as a playmaker" - nope. stop this shit: Zidane '98, Zidane '06 - and shut the fuck up (obviously not meant for you, just saying)

anyway on topic - Brasil will most probably win, but they have to take Ronaldinho as well. No nostalgiafag, it's just: that guy's got the experience, that guy can inspire a team, which neither of their players can do that right now
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jul 1, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2012
I think Argentina will have a strong out this time, provided nothing major happens to their key players. Messi's been ridiculous lately (for Argentina, not just Barca), and Aguero/Higuin have both been steadily improving. I know their defense is shaky, but I think their attack will be enough to see them go far.

Also, Neymar has a lot to prove before anyone should start considering him as one of the best.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 1, 2012 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
Too much hate here :D, whatever, we'll see what happens in Brazil
Jul 1, 2012 8:12 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. Spain is good.
not a job creator

Jul 2, 2012 3:43 AM

Jan 2012
Great. Now we'll have casuals competing to suck up their asses in shallow admiration for another two years. Justified, sure, but hella annoying.

Italy was the better team in the first half and it was unfair that Spain got two goals even if they made such good use of the opportunities they got. The second half was a mess and Italy just stopped trying halfway in. Not too difficult for Spain to score when they're playing versus static objects.
Jul 2, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2010
GuZ said:
Italy was the better team in the first half and it was unfair that Spain got two goals even if they made such good use of the opportunities they got. The second half was a mess and Italy just stopped trying halfway in. Not too difficult for Spain to score when they're playing versus static objects.

Italy was the better team in like 20-25 minutes of the first half, in the first 15 minutes it barely appeared and in the last 10 minutes it sort of disappeared again.
Jul 2, 2012 10:31 AM
Mar 2012
GuZ said:
Great. Now we'll have casuals competing to suck up their asses in shallow admiration for another two years. Justified, sure, but hella annoying.

Just a question: You were watching Spain - Italy right? 10 minutes in the first half they might have been better and they still could not break through the Spanish defence, Ramos was playing really good this Euro, Pique made some blunders, but still was very strong, the Italian defence could not keep up with the Spanish strong football this match and both goals were deserved, though I do think the second half got more boring because of those two injures and the fact that they were playing with ten men, still quite happy Torres scored, he is by far my favourite player.

Italy was worse this final, they played a good Euro, but a disappointing final, too bad Pirlo won't get his Ballon d'Or probably with this. Iniesta is most likely getting it.

Also for the lols: http://9gag.com/gag/4656133
Jul 2, 2012 12:18 PM

Jun 2008
All I have to say is that I was expecting a much stronger Italy. 4-0 was too much. Boring.
Portugal should have been in the finals, they played so awesome.

Worldcup 2014...my predictions:

QuarterFinals: Brazil, Spain, France or England & Portugal.

Anyway Ill be rooting for Germany and Portugal XP

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 2, 2012 8:06 PM

Dec 2009
Brazil vs Argentina friendly a few weeks ago, Messi was wonderful.
bottleJul 2, 2012 8:16 PM
Jul 2, 2012 8:15 PM

Mar 2012
I remember watching those highlights. Messi's third goal was just gg.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 3, 2012 11:58 AM

Sep 2009
Italy the better team um wut o_O no doubt they're good and they had their chances but they couldn't capitalize on some opportunities and the way Spain was playing, it was only a matter of time before they started scoring.
not a job creator

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.