Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2010
Trololol @Witcher, have you not seen the coverage re: England this year? The expectations were low. Stop making shit up.
Jun 24, 2012 4:55 PM

May 2012
my next predictions btw, forgot to mention
Germany Italy 2-1/2-0, even though Italy never lost to Germany in EUROs/World cup, I think this might be the year

Spain Portugal 1-2, I'll be for Portugal on this one ... it's just intuition
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 24, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2011
I'm half English, half Italian. Born and grew up in Italy, spending my adult life in England. So, on the night, I was rooting a touch more for Italy than I was for England. To be honest, England's performance was/has been a major disappointment for most of the tourney. Bring on Germany!
Jun 24, 2012 7:34 PM
May 2010
Can't stand soccer but I watched the entire England - Italy game because nothing was on at the time. That was painful to watch. I take it England shouldn't have made it to that point? And Italy won't advance after this? They both looked bad but England got dominated even to the clueless eye.
Jun 24, 2012 9:12 PM
Aug 2010
Lol, so why is England celebrated so much as a "dominant" soccer country?

They always seem to do badly in the big tournaments and they almost never win any "big games".

BTW, the England fans that are saying "Oh well, we weren't supposed to go that far anyways"....

What a cop out, they went to penalties, at that point it's anybody's game.

If there's one thing I can't stand in sports is when fans pretend they don't care or they use excuses to justify their failures.

That type of shit is not tolerated in American sports, it's just not.
ichig0fanJun 24, 2012 9:16 PM
Jun 24, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
"American sports", lol, shut up.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 24, 2012 11:06 PM
Aug 2010
Post-Josh said:
"American sports", lol, shut up.

Wow, great comeback.

Good try though.
Jun 24, 2012 11:42 PM

Jun 2009
ichigo03 said:
Lol, so why is England celebrated so much as a "dominant" soccer country?

because they are usually seen as the country where football originates. Too bad this is worth shit when it comes to winning a tournament.

ichigo03 said:

BTW, the England fans that are saying "Oh well, we weren't supposed to go that far anyways"....

What a cop out, they went to penalties, at that point it's anybody's game.

If there's one thing I can't stand in sports is when fans pretend they don't care or they use excuses to justify their failures.

Do you even read what you write? Or think about it? Because you totally contradicted yourself here. What's wrong with admitting that a team did not deserve to advance when they played bad? That's at least way better than trying to blame someone elese, like the ref or bad luck. Because THAT would be finding excuses. If the team wasn't good enough, then why not admit it? Also what makes you think that all the people complaining here are even England fans and should therefore not criticize "their" team?

ichigo03 said:

That type of shit is not tolerated in American sports, it's just not.

Whatever the point of that statement was.
grandy_UiDJun 24, 2012 11:59 PM
Jun 25, 2012 4:50 AM

Jan 2007
For once I wanted Italy to win at football. I expected both teams to play quite defensive, but I am glad I was wrong, thanks to Italy this was quite a good game. For a moment there I thought England might get lucky again and score at the end of the first 90 minutes.

btw one of my favorite moments was at the penalty kicks, Hart was all smiling and somewhat cocky, pretending like there's no pressure on him, he exchanged a few words with Balotelli, kinda made him smile and then came Pirlo hahaha
Jun 25, 2012 5:19 AM
May 2009
I knew that England would lose, but still disappointed they lost.
Jun 25, 2012 5:36 AM

Jul 2007
I am always glad when England lose. Never fails to make me smile.
Jun 27, 2012 5:04 AM

May 2008
Well the two day break is nearly over and has left me excited for the two semi finals. Tonight's game should be a good one depending if Ronaldo turns up and is supported by his teammates. Spain of course will be Spain and do what they do, the only question being if they play without a cf or start with Torres. Hopefully this will be a decent game with Portugal having some decent chances rather than Spain just passing them into submission which is what I fear will happen.
Jun 27, 2012 8:06 AM

Mar 2012
I think/hope it will be an entertaining match. Spain's possession game hasn't been the best and that should open things up.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 27, 2012 8:08 AM

May 2012
The odds tell me Germany and Spain will win.
I will support Portugal on today's match and tomorrow I will be happy whoever wins, but I'd love to, I'd really love to have Italy win the match, even though seems mission impossible. Why I'd like Italy to win is because I want Pirlo to get the Ballon d'or this year. Also for Buffon, De Rossi and Cassano. But that won't happen. I'll be extremely happy if Germany wins as well.

My predictions:
DE - IT 2:0
SP - POR 2:0/ 2:1
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 8:12 AM

Mar 2012
Not sure why Germany is heavily favoured to be honest. They got scored on easily by Greece when it 1-0 (if it had been 4-0 at that point I can understand), and haven't really been tested yet (they played a weak Netherlands and Portugal). It'll take this next game to convince me.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 27, 2012 10:09 AM
Mar 2012
Don't really care today who is going to win today, don't like either of them, Spain with their endless passing going nowhere and Portugal with Pepe and some other divers. Excited for tomorrow's match though, hoping Italy can surprise us.

Btw, Did C.Ronaldo dive a lot this Euro, didn't seem him falling over pointlessly too much or I am just blind.
Jun 27, 2012 10:20 AM

May 2012
Karpman said:
Don't really care today who is going to win today, don't like either of them, Spain with their endless passing going nowhere and Portugal with Pepe and some other divers. Excited for tomorrow's match though, hoping Italy can surprise us.

Btw, Did C.Ronaldo dive a lot this Euro, didn't seem him falling over pointlessly too much or I am just blind.

There were some small attempt, but he had more a less the reason to fall.
To give you a proper answer, we haven't seen yet the shining appearance of Divenaldo and that's good. He's still playing as Christina
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
Kurrrissstina!
LoneWolf said:
Jun 27, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
Yay! Spain's starting a striker for once! And it's not Torres! But yet it's not Llorente.
TravSavageJun 27, 2012 11:17 AM
Jun 27, 2012 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
I want to see a Portugal - Italy final. I want one of the two to win it.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jun 27, 2012 12:10 PM

Jun 2012
I predict a Spain-Germany final. I wonder how intimidated these players get when they face Spain.
"Today was a good day." -O'Shea Jackson
Jun 27, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2008
30 mins gone and Portugal are looking the better side! Ronaldo looks really up for this and his teammates are doing really well. Spain look rattled, they don't look their usual composed self, hopefully Portugal came keep this up for 90 mins
Jun 27, 2012 12:33 PM
Mar 2012
vivaLA said:
I predict a Spain-Germany final. I wonder how intimidated these players get when they face Spain.

What? Why should they get intimidated? On all respect for Portugal, there are some world class players there.

On a different note, anybody else disliking this referee? He stops the game way too fast, makes it too slow-paced, what the Spanish normally would do.
Jun 27, 2012 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Portugal's pressing has really forced Spain off their game so far. I agree about the refereeing in this game so far. It's been pretty inconsistent.
Jun 27, 2012 12:36 PM

Feb 2009
What a game, Portugal simply is not letting Spain play, I was afraid initially, but now I rly belive Pottugal can out one more in the bag. To the final!
Jun 27, 2012 12:48 PM

May 2012
Well, as I said I have a personal reason behind this matches.
I'd love Italy to win the EUROs in order for Pirlo to get the ballon d'or
And I'd love Ronaldo to get the ballon d'or for winning as well.
That's a childish reason, but fuck you Messi, revenge for Sneijder 2010.

That's why I'll be cheering on Portugal for sure, Italy - Germany, I wouldn't mind any of them winning, but preferably Pirlo. With all my love for Germany, this will be Pirlo's last tournament and I'd like him to get that achievement at least this year.

Ye, you got me right, I judged by players now and I don't give a damn about it even if it's irrational.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
It's kind of boring.
Jun 27, 2012 1:37 PM

May 2012
Meh, the match was boring and Christina's four or how many chances he's got ... three free kicks and 1 freaking easy opportunity ....
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 1:38 PM
Dec 2011
Crappy game! I expected a lot more from this matchup!
Jun 27, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2008
The match was not that bad, I quite enjoyed it. But then again that's maybe because I thought that Spain would just pass Portugal into submission and the game has been a lot more open then that.
Jun 27, 2012 1:45 PM

Jun 2012
Portugal is making Spain work for possession... they're playing a lot better than I expected
Jun 27, 2012 2:16 PM

May 2012
so, now we got this way
Fabregaz misses or better said the goalkeeper saaves
Alonso scores
Ramos misses
Xavi scores
Iniesta scores

Ronaldo MISSES
rest score except one player which will be ... hm ... dno who's gonna miss as well
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 2:17 PM

Sep 2008
TheWitcher said:

Xavi scores

Except he was substituted in the 2nd half. ;)
Jun 27, 2012 2:18 PM

Jun 2012
Ronaldo misses. Casillas comes up big. Spain wins.

Calling it now.
Jun 27, 2012 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
Ramos just swagger jacked Pirlo.
Jun 27, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2011
Fuck.
Jun 27, 2012 2:27 PM

Jun 2012
so... I guess I was wrong? How the hell does their best player NOT shoot!!??
Jun 27, 2012 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Went almost exactly like the Italy-England shootout and C. Ronaldo not even getting the chance to take a PK. Wow.
Jun 27, 2012 2:28 PM

May 2012
Meh, I was kinda wrong ... Xabi Alonso not to score a penalty, that's funny
and ye: I forgot about Xavi as well

anyway: they shouldn't have let Bruno Alves ... should have been Penaldo

and Ramos panenka wasn't even half as cool as Pirlo's.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 2:30 PM

Sep 2008
Damn it. Portugal was better today, except for the 2nd extra half maybe.
Jun 27, 2012 2:33 PM

Mar 2012
seishi-sama said:

No they weren't lol, what game were you watching? Neither team deserved it in regular time, but Spain dominated both halves in extra.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 27, 2012 2:34 PM
Mar 2012
TheWitcher said:
Meh, I was kinda wrong ... Xabi Alonso not to score a penalty, that's funny
and ye: I forgot about Xavi as well

anyway: they shouldn't have let Bruno Alves ... should have been Penaldo

and Ramos panenka wasn't even half as cool as Pirlo's.

Definitely, Pirlo's was way better, was a bit more surprising as well.

Probably C.Ronaldo didn't take the penalty because Casillas would have a pretty good chance at stopping it.

A bit disappointed that Spain won with their stupid Barca soccer, even though it did take penalties, hope they learn from this and put back in Torres.
Jun 27, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2008
Post-Josh said:
seishi-sama said:

No they weren't lol, what game were you watching? Neither team deserved it in regular time, but Spain dominated both halves in extra.

What game were you watching, Portugal had like, 4 or even 5 clear scoring opportunities while Spain had 2 at most.
Jun 27, 2012 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
I'm disappointed Torres was sidelined again. Is there a health issue or something?
Jun 27, 2012 2:41 PM
Mar 2012
Tachii said:
I'm disappointed Torres was sidelined again. Is there a health issue or something?

No, he is completely fit, but the Spanish coach just doesn't want a real striker, that Negredo or w/e his name is didn't play well, Llorente hasn't played neither, if they play like this against Italy/Germany, they probably will lost with 6 midfielders.
Jun 27, 2012 2:43 PM

Mar 2012
I think it's safe to say that Spain clearly misses David Villa.
Jun 27, 2012 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
seishi-sama said:
Post-Josh said:
seishi-sama said:

What game were you watching, Portugal had like, 4 or even 5 clear scoring opportunities while Spain had 2 at most.

I'd say the match was pretty much balanced at its two halves, with phases of dominance of both teams, till the extra time which was clearly dominated by Spain.

I liked the game. Here the Spanish commenters were getting alarmist at everything, saying it was a bad match by Spain... I guess they have to say that every time the thing doesn't work as against Ireland and France. So the game was difficult for both teams, and both teams had a relatively great day. I prefer that to an easy win as it happened with the two mentioned above and a totally undeserved one like the match against Croatia. It was really thrilling, it's been a long time since I didn't have this fun watching a football match.
Jun 27, 2012 2:54 PM

May 2012
TravSavage said:
I think it's safe to say that Spain clearly misses David Villa.

absolutely, but I don't like Spain. I want this tournament to be won by anybody but Spain. There were three teams in this whole EURO I didn't want them to win (from those who would have chances):
Denmark, Spain, England. anybody, be it even Greece, except these three
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 27, 2012 2:55 PM

Dec 2010
vivaLA said:

Because Ronaldo is a huge pussy. He should have been the first one to shoot, not the last. Waiting to hear if it was the coaches decision or if it was his. If it was his, he's going to catch a TON of shit for it.

I thought in extra time Spain completely dominated, but that was more because Portugal took a defensive stance to allow it to go into PK's. The game itself was boring, per usual for Spain games.

Ramos' PK was disgusting. Awesome stuff from him.

Le' go Germany!
Jun 27, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
Legendre said:
vivaLA said:

Because Ronaldo is a huge pussy. He should have been the first one to shoot, not the last. Waiting to hear if it was the coaches decision or if it was his. If it was his, he's going to catch a TON of shit for it.

I thought in extra time Spain completely dominated, but that was more because Portugal took a defensive stance to allow it to go into PK's. The game itself was boring, per usual for Spain games.

Ramos' PK was disgusting. Awesome stuff from him.

Le' go Germany!

Pretty sure it was a mutual decision, since Ronaldo always shoots last for Portugal (glory hunter?).

Anyway, I didn't think the game was boring, and if so, certainly not because of Spain's style. They didn't make many unnecessary passes.
LoneWolf said:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.