Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

UEFA Euro 2012
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» UEFA Euro 2012

Pages (45) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
06-19-12, 5:32 PM

Post-Josh said:
TheWitcher said:
Post-Josh said:
Would convert if there was such thing as the religion of Zlatan Ibrahimovich.

agreed, completely. He is now my favourite player from nowadays football, I'd rather him than Messi. That moment when he drank Hart's water and how he doesn't dive and everything about him is way too badass.

Did not know about that Hart thing, hilarious. But yeah agreed, when anyone else would dive he's like "get the fuck off me, I'm going through". I'll take him and Messi as my striking duo.

Loved the fans who had a flag of Ibra as the hulk.

a small compilation of this awesome person

Sore Wa Himitsu Desu

06-19-12, 5:36 PM

Lol I just saw some of Ibra's highlights from 1999-2011.

That last goal was pure win.

When I was a kid I always wondered what'll be like if martial artists played sports instead of fighting. Well I did saw Shaolin Soccer but, they'd be so awesome in some sports.

06-19-12, 6:06 PM

Zlatan just reeks of Awesomeness.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"

06-19-12, 6:31 PM

so while at it, we are not going to have matches today/tomorrow (depends on where you live) so why not post yt videos with your favourite players anyway, if you don't mind. if you mind I'll delete the comment
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu

06-19-12, 6:50 PM

Man, I was late for the Champion's League thread and don't want to necro it.

But damn, Chelsea. They had one hell of a run this year overcoming Napoli and Barcelona.

06-19-12, 11:04 PM

Damn it guys...Germany has such a tough path to get to the semi-finals, I'm kind of nervous.

Wait a second...They're playing Greece! That's the semis right there easy

Heil Deutschland

06-19-12, 11:55 PM

My predictions for the upcoming games:

Czech vs Portugal: Portugal win 1-0 or they tie and Portugal advances by pk's.

Germany vs Greece: Germany 2-0.

Spain vs France: Spain 1-0.

England vs Italy: I think Italy in pk's.

06-20-12, 2:45 AM

The group phase is finally over, now the real tournament starts. Looking forward to it.

06-20-12, 10:08 AM

Stupid English and the blind referee, Ukraine deserved to play in the knock out phase, also what a shot by Ibra, I think he at least showed who's boss there.

Knock-out phase starts tomorrow, Will be pretty exciting, predicting:
Czech - Portugal 0-2, Czech are good, but without Rosciky they are going to lose.
Germany - Greece 1-0, somehow I think the Greece are going to play good, but then get countered and Germany is going to defend like a wall.
Spain - France 1-1 (Spain wins in PK's) Spain is good, but with that Barca style, they are just not good enough to easily win a match, hope Torres gets to play again.
England - Italy 0-1, Wow, even with Rooney back they still somewhat suck, Yes, they finished first, but they were equal if not worse in the game against Ukraine yesterday.

Also small update: Van Bommel apparently doesn't want to do anything with the Dutch national team any more, not too surprising after his poor leadership as captain.

06-20-12, 10:33 AM

Agreed about Spain's play. They need a ruthless and consistent finisher (ie. Messi on Barca), and they just haven't found one yet. That said, they are still my favourites. All it takes is one striker to find form and Spain have the potential to start putting goals away like nothin'.

06-20-12, 10:02 PM

Really excited now that group phase is over. I'm pulling for the Czechs tomorrow. No particular reason, I just like to see underdogs win rather than traditional powers. I'm sure it'll be Spain vs Germany in the final probably :D
not a job creator

06-21-12, 12:24 AM

Joe00123 said:
Really excited now that group phase is over. I'm pulling for the Czechs tomorrow. No particular reason, I just like to see underdogs win rather than traditional powers. I'm sure it'll be Spain vs Germany in the final probably :D

Portugal isn't exactly a "traditional power" considering they have yet to win their first Euro or world cup. They're more like a small county that punches well above their weight in football/soccer (kinda like Uruguay but to a lesser extent).
Most people didn't even expect them to advance past the group stages (myself included) and yet I've been impressed by all 3 of their games! They had double the amount of shots on goal than all 3 of the teams they faced despite less possession in all 3 games.
Having watched England, Spain, Italy and Greece play, I think Portugal should defeat any one of those teams this year. We'll see how the Czech Rep game goes.... maybe I'll be eating my words later xD

That said, it still looks like Germany will win Euro 2012 to me ;)

06-21-12, 2:29 AM

I really see Germany taking it all this year. They may have a tough path, but they play with a sort of resilience that I don't think can be matched. Well, maybe the Spaniards could, but even that may be a long shot. Go Deutschland!

06-21-12, 5:21 AM
Anime Moderator
Germany~ <3

06-21-12, 7:51 AM

In the 4 days since I bothered checking, this thread has gone just about as expected.

06-21-12, 11:23 AM

Jack_Rav said:
In the 4 days since I bothered checking, this thread has gone just about as expected.

What does that mean? Haha.

06-21-12, 12:29 PM

The Czech are playing surprisingly without Rosciky, also lawl at the two yellow cards, Portugese hasty? and the injury of Postiga, too bad, but I am rooting for the Czech Republic.

Edit: Honest is honest, that was a great goal, C.Ronaldo might be a diver, a drama queen, but at least he does score, unlike others *cough* van Persie *cough*
Modified by Karpman, 06-21-12, 1:23 PM

06-21-12, 12:35 PM

I will be supporting Portugal, but I hate, I detest their aggressive style football. One of the dirtiest football national teams
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu

06-21-12, 12:39 PM

Portugal in the first half only began looking good near the end. Czech republic was definitely outplaying Portugal in the first 20 minutes howr!
Ronaldo's attitude pisses me off though! You have one great game and you think you're God again?

06-21-12, 1:39 PM

Great goal from C. Ronaldo, but Portugal should have scored more honestly and it wasn't all that great of a game. Cech was fantastic for the Czechs.

Pages (45) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices