Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
well, a release was made, but the translation is so horrible it might be best to just wait till a better one comes out. in any case, Raki gets an update on Claire and now they are trying to figure out how to bring her back etc....

somehow i think his presence might be the key to bring back Claire.
Jun 7, 2012 2:07 PM
Jan 2008
Though i have a rough idea of what the chapter was, the grammar was so bad i feel like i need to wait for a better version. Also, what is the whole thing about that one person just ripping her shirt off? Is it something significant?
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Jun 7, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
Fuck, why they didn't show what they have in their body?
Jun 7, 2012 2:46 PM
Aug 2010
WTF?!?!

We're we all trolled last chapter or did something happen with the Mangaka and the publishers???

Well, whatever, I'm just thrilled Claymore will keep going, and maybe now we'll have an APPROPRIATE ending.

LOL @ the translations, they were so horrible, I'm also going to wait for a better release!
Jun 7, 2012 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
I just read one of the worst scanlations ever..

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 7, 2012 2:58 PM
Jan 2008
the scanlator probably rushed it so they could be the first to release it and get all the credit
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Jun 7, 2012 6:27 PM
Oct 2010
i was laughing thinking of the so serious atmosphere with the girls talking like retards roflmao
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 8, 2012 3:28 AM

Sep 2007
Those translations were so horrible I couldn't even get myself to finish the chapter.
Jun 8, 2012 3:39 AM

Jul 2011
If you think this translation was bad you should try to read the Spanish translations, all of them are far worst than this. That's why I read everything in English now.
Jun 8, 2012 5:08 AM

Sep 2007
Can't read Spanish at all so that's really not an option...
Jun 8, 2012 7:52 AM

Aug 2011
AlexiLaiho09 is right, most of (which doesn't mean all of them, of course) spanish translators, are groups that translate from English; translations of translations. It couldn't be worse, believe me.

Anyway, I didn't enjoy the chapter at all, I'm so angry about the "ending that was not the end", I think it was low to put the "owari" (end) in the last chapter, and spread the nonsense of the abrupt ending without any comments until now.

I don't like being trolled, and Yagi has trolled us hard.

» Escapism.

Jun 8, 2012 5:05 PM

Dec 2009
I refuse reading this shitty translation. The fuck D:
But I'm rly curious about what happened in this chap... well, I'll wait something... less..botched @.@

Kenchiin said:
AlexiLaiho09 is right, most of (which doesn't mean all of them, of course) spanish translators, are groups that translate from English; translations of translations. It couldn't be worse, believe me.

Dude, believe me, there're things worse. There're some brazilian groups that translate from the spanish translations, which was done by english translations! >8D
Jun 9, 2012 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
And it's back.
Great work Deneve,
Too bad we didn't get to see what their bodies look like, although personally I'd rather not know.
Jun 9, 2012 5:05 AM

Jan 2009
lol the better translation is out dudes
and they gonna rescue Clare!!! yattaaa!!!!!

Rawrol said:
Great work Deneve, Too bad we didn't get to see what their bodies look like, although personally I'd rather not know.

well i wanna know no matter how bad looking it is, i bet it will be shown on later chapters how horrible the bodies of claymores are
Jun 9, 2012 5:56 AM

May 2009
I hope we get to see what Clare looks like... Seriously, I want to know.
Jun 9, 2012 7:42 AM

Nov 2008
Lot's of speech but well, they are going to where Clare is now!
Jun 9, 2012 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder what kind of bodies they have.. I knew they're bad but the way denve mentioned it sound like they're really horrible and the way Raki hugged those kiddies, i really feel sorry for them.

I'm happy for Raki. He has matured very well and become Nii-san.. Poor guy get lots of hatred from (mostly) anime viewers.

I was thinking they would let go that awakened being to broke the seal and then they will try to rescue Clare in between those two awakened being confront each other.. but that might become really hard situation. Let's see how they will broke the seal.

I didn't understand Miria this line: "The worst case would be that those two will be merge and break the seal by force. In that case revenge will be stronger than before" ... She mean Clare and Priscilla.. right? Then what does mean revenge? Will there be a chance for Clare to get revenge in merged situation? or either wouldn't that mean she's gone forever?

Edit: now that i read it once more it sound like she's saying "In worst case, Priscilla and Dust eater will be merged together and target of revenge will be stronger than before"

whoa.. if that happen then how the hell will they beat those two merged awakened beings. They can't even match with Priscilla alone.
Han-yuuJun 9, 2012 9:02 AM
Jun 9, 2012 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
Han-yuu said:
I wonder what kind of bodies they have.. I knew they're bad but the way denve mentioned it sound like they're really horrible and the way Raki hugged those kiddies, i really feel sorry for them.

I'm happy for Raki. He has matured very well and become Nii-san.. Poor guy get lots of hatred from (mostly) anime viewers.

I was thinking they would let go that awakened being to broke the seal and then they will try to rescue Clare in between those two awakened being confront each other.. but that might become really hard situation. Let's see how they will broke the seal.

I didn't understand Miria this line: "The worst case would be that those two will be merge and break the seal by force. In that case revenge will be stronger than before" ... She mean Clare and Priscilla.. right? Then what does mean revenge? Will there be a chance for Clare to get revenge in merged situation? or either wouldn't that mean she's gone forever?

Edit: now that i read it once more it sound like she's saying "In worst case, Priscilla and Dust eater will be merged together and target of revenge will be stronger than before"

whoa.. if that happen then how the hell will they beat those two merged awakened beings. They can't even match with Priscilla alone.

Priscilla would dominate the combined being anyway. Now I guess when they are sealed they all struggle for dominance with Claire being backed up by Teresa flesh still. At the same time Priscilla is being taunted by the fact that She can feel Teresa somewhere inside Claire.

About how Claymore bodies look. Imagine a pretty girl. Place some gray mass on that girl stomach. Let them merge. You will see wrinkled, deformed shape with lots of exposed veins. Probably some large unhealed scars. It's probably not as bad as other Claymore think it is. Raki saw allot in those 7 years.

Is Raki still a human or did Isley / Priscilla did something to him to power him up? Hope he will still be of use even after Claire is back in series.
Jun 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
Han-yuu said:

Why does he get a lot of hate?
Jun 9, 2012 11:10 AM

Dec 2008
Who would have guessed that Deneve is an exhibicionist XD Go get find some common sense girl and stop making striptease in front of children and someone else boyfriend XD
I wonder if Raki suspects that the one Clare merged with is his little Priscilla...
EsPwnage said:

Probably because of how he turned out in the anime (the final episodes), personally I think that all the hate should be directed at the person that completely screwed up his personality and turned him into useless crybaby rather than Raki himself who was always a nice kid (I liked him).
KarharotJun 9, 2012 11:16 AM
New profile design sucks.
Jun 9, 2012 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
SleepnDreamn said:
About how Claymore bodies look. Imagine a pretty girl. Place some gray mass on that girl stomach. Let them merge. You will see wrinkled, deformed shape with lots of exposed veins. Probably some large unhealed scars. It's probably not as bad as other Claymore think it is. Raki saw allot in those 7 years.
Is Raki still a human or did Isley / Priscilla did something to him to power him up? Hope he will still be of use even after Claire is back in series.

Well. from his surprised reaction, he obviously didn't see it before.. but yeah. not as surprised as some normal human would be. He saw lot, espcially living with two strongest awakened beings for 7 years is not something anyone can pull off.

He is still human. Isley can't do anything to him because he was Priscilla favorite and Priscilla kept him close because of Clare smell (?) on him.

EsPwnage said:
Han-yuu said:

probably becuase people wanted him to be useful. e.g: pwning those monsters and saving clare. ridiculous if you ask me.

Karharot said:
I wonder if Raki suspects that the one Clare merged with is his little Priscilla...

Probably not. I wonder when he will call Clare how will Priscilla react. She spent seven years with him. more time than clare ever did. It will be amazing if she get jealous.. lol.
Jun 9, 2012 3:38 PM

Jun 2010
Ah, I was hoped that we would finally see the ugly side of the Claymore's bodies. Oh well, I hope Raki will see Clare soon.
Jun 9, 2012 3:54 PM

Mar 2011
More Claymore?

Soooo happy!
Jun 9, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2008
What in the world is in their bodies???
Will we ever know...

Still Raki is becoming a solid character.
Jun 9, 2012 6:01 PM

Jul 2007
EsPwnage said:
Han-yuu said:

I've seen the anime and can't recall if I finished the anime first or started reading the manga first, but, to me, Raki was a terrible crybaby who continually whined when he was a kid. What was worse was that it didn't seem like he'd ever get better or mature beyond that, so he was just really really annoying to have around.

Looking at him now, I'm so happy he's matured so much. Seriously.
And on the question of what a Claymore looks like, recall that they have to implant Yoma flesh into their own when they become a Claymore. I'm sure the scars from those inhumane fusions don't heal over well, especially when your body still has growing to do on top of that (considering many of the Claymores join at a young age). I do hope the mangaka will show us an example, but I won't make any expectations so I'm not disappointed with whatever we get if it is drawn in. =/
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jun 9, 2012 11:02 PM

Dec 2008
Ani-Blast said:
I've seen the anime and can't recall if I finished the anime first or started reading the manga first, but, to me, Raki was a terrible crybaby who continually whined when he was a kid. What was worse was that it didn't seem like he'd ever get better or mature beyond that, so he was just really really annoying to have around.

That was how he came out in the final episodes of the anime, the thing is it was contradicting the resolve he displayed so far - from the beginning he knew he could not do much (a human child supporting a Claymore when even adult soldiers were slaughtered as cattle by a singe Yoma?) but when they were running from Ophelia he wanted to help Clare even if it would mean his death (and he was fully aware of what it meant since Ophelia was skinning him alive several moments earlier - and while she was at it he did not let a whimper because he did not want to distract Clare) and then suddenly someone decided to turn him into some useless whimp that was crying all the time just because the anime staff was too incompetent to maintain a consistent character personality in the part they pulled out of their asses :/
Jun 10, 2012 6:37 AM

Sep 2009
SleepnDreamn said:

I also am wondering if Isley or Priscilla did something to Raki to make him stronger than your average human.

Han-yuu said:
Probably not. I wonder when he will call Clare how will Priscilla react. She spent seven years with him. more time than clare ever did. It will be amazing if she get jealous.. lol.

Like you said, she spent more time with him than Clare, AND she didn't eat him...she'll most def become bitchy XD
Jun 10, 2012 9:31 AM
Oct 2009
j0x said:

Rawrol said:
Great work Deneve, Too bad we didn't get to see what their bodies look like, although personally I'd rather not know.

well i wanna know no matter how bad looking it is, i bet it will be shown on later chapters how horrible the bodies of claymores are

I hope it isn't shown. The mysterious unknown is much more frightening than any physical image, and that's what horror is all about. Plus, it definitely keeps a nice suspense.
Jun 10, 2012 1:06 PM
Apr 2012
Wait so what was that about no more Claymore... oh well im not complaning...

Part of me hopes we never see what a claymore's bodys is really like... i just know it won't be as horrific as my mind can imagine (I laughed at the SAW films)
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
Jun 10, 2012 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad I waited for a decent translation; seems like we're finally going to get into the meat of the series once again too. It also looks like we'll finally get a look at what is so terrible about the Claymore body when Claire is freed; befitting but it's starting to drive me crazy.
Jun 10, 2012 9:39 PM

Feb 2008
i guess we will never see what they REALLY look like. it must be pretty horrible for that kind of reaction. even so, at least their boobs are intact.

still, i like how the author depicted the young ones. i guess when they are kids they really are kids. a sharp contrast to what they become once they are adults.
Jun 10, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2012
I imagine that the claymores bodies are really scarred and maimed due to the constant battles they have, or possibly really disfigured due to surgery or something during their creation (i believe it said earlier that they are part youma or somthing?)

anyways glad that it isnt actually over yet
Jun 11, 2012 10:54 PM

Nov 2007
haha her showing Raki was great. the Raki/Clare reunion should be good.

mostly likely yeah they are very scarred or somewhat demonic looking via the Youma.
Jun 11, 2012 11:20 PM

Feb 2010
Inarius said:
SleepnDreamn said:

I also am wondering if Isley or Priscilla did something to Raki to make him stronger than your average human.

I don't think he was modified in any way by them. He was trained by Isley who was an excellent swordsman, and the most he's done so far is kill a regular Youma and a few of the organization's men. The spike that was stuck in his back might have done something...but I highly doubt it since it hasn't been brought up again.
Jun 12, 2012 4:15 AM

Mar 2011
Hmm! Up until this chapter, I was of the belief Raki was aware of what the Claymores' bodies looked like. Guess I was wrong. Though, Raki sure has matured. Their reunion should definitely be an interesting one.
Jun 13, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2008
I think Claymores have some body parts of a youma inside of them I would guess maybe a youma head and Clare would have Teresa's head inside of her.

Also this chapter looked like as if the manga turned into a harem with Raki being the lead.
Jun 13, 2012 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
Claymores have three boobs. Mystery solved.
Jun 14, 2012 11:02 PM
Mar 2011
I am absolutely thrilled about Claymore starting a new act! Though this chapter was lacking in action, I believe that there was a lot of content in it that certainly maintains intrigue. I too am glad they did not show Deneve's body, one of the great things about this manga is that the image of the body of a Claymore is left to the reader. Love this series, very interested to see where it goes.
Jun 15, 2012 10:30 AM

Jan 2012
AlexiLaiho09 said:
Fuck, why they didn't show what they have in their body?

I thinking the same... when we´ll be able to see that?
Jun 15, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
i'm so relieved that Claymore is not over, yet.
maybe the previous chapter was a misprint? or some kind of japanese April Fool?

BTW, finally, it's time to go back to our main heroine!
and, about the misshaped body part, i'm cool actually. it's alright not to show it openly, and leave it to the reader's imagination: 'cause, what is seen, can not be unseen!
Jun 16, 2012 7:36 AM

Sep 2009
Well, I knew that last chapter was not a last one. Boring struggle with three Awakened came to the end after all, but in the new chapter we get only not so impressive 28 pages long chatter and boobs of Deneve... Not so much for a long awaited continuation. :-/
Jun 16, 2012 9:02 AM

Dec 2008
RedRat said:
Well, I knew that last chapter was not a last one. Boring struggle with three Awakened came to the end after all, but in the new chapter we get only not so impressive 28 pages long chatter and boobs of Deneve... Not so much for a long awaited continuation. :-/

It was to be expected, long fight was over and two reunions required some explanations (which were already cut short) the result was quite good IMO, the chapter moved the plot and interpersonal relationship forward and it was done nicely, right now after the whole month of waiting it may look like it is progressing too slowly but once it is a part of the volume it won't feel that way any more ;)
Jun 16, 2012 9:35 AM
Aug 2010
j0x said:

Rawrol said:

Meh, whatever, i'll take head if that body of them is so horrible.
Jun 19, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
I'm so curious as to how horrible those bodies actually look like. As long as you can "expose" your breasts it can't be that bad, malformed or scar wise... unless there are eyeballs at the end of them or something^^
But since their backs seems fine there really is no problem, just take them from behind 8)

Somewhat envious of Raki though, he managed to collect quite a nice loli harem there =O
Jun 21, 2012 6:34 PM

Jun 2009
In the beginning of Claymore, their bre*st will be a mystery

The children wants Uee
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 21, 2012 6:35 PM

Jun 2009
EternalDreamer said:
I'm so curious as to how horrible those bodies actually look like. As long as you can "expose" your breasts it can't be that bad, malformed or scar wise... unless there are eyeballs at the end of them or something^^
But since their backs seems fine there really is no problem, just take them from behind 8)

Somewhat envious of Raki though, he managed to collect quite a nice loli harem there =O
You're right, unless there's a very unsightly, horrible figure going around their breast
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 22, 2012 11:52 PM
Jul 2011
Ah the fear of a canceled Claymore feels like a distance memory now. So glad to see it back in full effect. The hype of how deformed their bodies has been killing me ever since Teresa first brought it up, wonder if it will ever been shown completely or just left to the reader's imagination.
Jun 27, 2012 7:37 PM

Jul 2010
I think the perfect moment to show what Claymores bodies look like would be when Clare and Raki meet again and Raki see's her body (assuming Clare will be naked, by Deneves theory).
Jul 6, 2012 11:06 AM

Dec 2008
So glad I decided to wait for a better translation. That first one was just... I have no words for that first one. Now, I'm dying to know what's going on with the Claymore's bodies.
Aug 4, 2012 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
Uhh I was afraid the series was indeed going to end that way a week before but now that I read this chapter I can say that it wasn't nice to scare us fans like that! xD

Deneve showed him right ;p

Now they're going to confront the inevitable. This chapter was really good!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.