MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sankarea »» Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

118 64.84%
4 out of 5: Liked it

48 26.37%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 6.04%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.10%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 1.65%
Voters: 182

06-09-12, 6:19 PM
Forum Moderator
Back story on Aria was nice. Rea's father still being a creepy old fuck. fencing episode next..

06-09-12, 7:39 PM

that fencing segment was disgraceful. at least make it somewhat realistic ._.

that aside, pretty good episode. rea's dad just gets more and more creepy...

06-09-12, 9:08 PM

Finally the show down is gonnna happen :D
Good episode had a fair bit of back story which made the story more understandable lookng forward to the next episode :D

06-09-12, 10:09 PM

Didn't like this episode much. Backstory wasn't poorly done per say, I just don't care about her and Rea's actual Mom. In thirteen episode shows it's usually better to focus on the here and now. Not to mention the beginning of the episode made it seem like shit was about to get real, talk about anti-climactic.

06-09-12, 11:08 PM

s2012k1993 said:
Aria isn't looking for love from her husband, she simply wants to have sex

She can have plenty of sex in the "host" club which she visits so sex doesn't seem to be an issue here. That aside, what is wrong with wanting to have sex with the guy she is married to?

s2012k1993 said:
She originally wanted fame, and now sex

No; she originally wanted fame/fortune and tried to stand out of the lot (other maids). In the process, she fell for Dai'ichiro and was really happy when the "pedo dude" expressed a desire to marry her.

Here's why. If she loved her husband, why wouldn't she love his daughter

Non sequitur; is "loving" someone else's daughter a pre-requisite to loving that person? I don't think so. Plus, notice the pool scene wherein Rea wants to have a family photograph and Aria gladly complies with a smile on her face.

She knows that Rea is an obstacle to reach Dai'ichiro

No, Dai'ichiro is an obstacle in reaching Dai'ichiro.

If Aria had loved Dai'ichiro, she would have tried to save Dai'ichiro, but we are given no evidence of that.Instead, she distanced herself from her family and started drinking.

Save a freak who doesn't listen to anyone but himself? I have my doubts. :)

The clincher is the end scene in this episode, where Aria finally breaks down and cries like a child going on about how Dai'ichiro never looks at her. If she had truly loved Dai'ichiro, the scene wouldn't have been as hilarious as it was.

Non sequitur; I'm not really sure how "breaking down" after narrating a fucked up life to an outsider "conclusively" decides that Aria doesn't love her husband.

06-09-12, 11:31 PM

Wasabi said:
It's like all the males in this show are retarded in one way or another. Chihiro is a necrophiliac, and Dan'ichiro is some kind of twisted incestuous pedo. I'd take the milf or the living cousin any day.

This.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!

06-09-12, 11:36 PM

need next weeks ep

06-10-12, 1:22 AM

Leon-Gun said:
The thing that sets the alarm bells is because he speaks so much of preserving "her purity". He's just one step away of saying he wanted that purity for himself.

He pretty much said that several episodes ago when photos on Rea's birthday were mentioned and he said something along the lines of "It's almost time". I can only assume he's been waiting for Rea to hit a specific age before taking her "purity".

Originally I don't think he was a pedo though. He seemed more in shock with what Rea's mom told him. I mean her being a crippled 15 year old with basically nothing to live for telling him, a healthy, successful, rich guy that even though the match was rigged he should still be happy to be able to train and have people to fence against was definitely an eye opener for him.

Aria kind of screwed her self in multiple ways. Rea's dad might have initially thought it'd be a good idea for Rea to have a mother but I think him marrying her was his way of showing his affection for her taking care of him through his hard time. Aria could have easily won over Rea's dad if she just spent time with Rea and helped raise her.

06-10-12, 3:03 AM

Some dumb ************ just shouldn't watch the show if all they gonna do is complain. It's fucking anime for fucksake not HBO show.

It might not have the best pacing ever, I appreciate all the side characters building as long as it compliments the main plot. It's disturbing in a playful way.

06-10-12, 6:46 AM

Quite interesting history that's behind the Sanka family. Really enjoyed watching it. Looking at the episode it functioned as a set-up episode which was enhanced by the preview for next week. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

06-10-12, 7:15 AM

Wow... Rea's dad is even more insane than I thought!
I also really feel sorry for her mom. If I were in her position I would probably do the same thing... I think...

06-10-12, 9:45 AM

The Sanka family's history is deep. Danichiro sees his first wife through Rea.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

06-10-12, 9:58 AM

Epic episode.... Rea's Dad's background story, told via Rea's step mother....

I now sympathies Rea's dad, but still he's a EMO freak....

Anyway a solid 5/5

06-10-12, 6:24 PM

Am i the only one slightly freaked out by the fact that he married a 15-year old and not long after had a baby with her? I haven't been paying much attention to the time lapse between events. I want to know his age when he got married, when Rea was born, and now so there can perhaps be some fact saying he isn't a weird unintentional-pedo who, in legal terms, raped a minor. I felt bad for him up until they said he proposed to Ria's mother when she was 15.

It's great that he loved her, but to have a baby so soon...and that she's in a wheel chair while he's this big, burly and muscular man...yikes.
Modified by Vyudali, 06-10-12, 6:36 PM

06-11-12, 5:56 AM

Nice try but I still think Danichiro is disgusting.

06-11-12, 9:58 AM

The sad part is just Dan'ichiro turned that way after Rea's mother's death, but no matter how sad the situation was, we can still say that he's still a creepy father now..

Honestly if I were Furuya, i would give what the step mom wants, coz i think she's hot.. =P

06-11-12, 12:57 PM

rodac said:
The sad thing is that Aria really did appear to want to be a wife to Dan'ichiro and probably would have been a good one if he wasn't so totally obsessed with Rea. I get the feeling that she has been just as much a prisoner as Rea over the years. I'm hoping that Chihiro kills the scumbag and sets the whole family free.

Yeah watching her in the first episodes being drunk and not caring about anything, at first you could think she was some selfish cruel uncaring woman but seeing her story is obvious that she's actually quite a nice innocent kind of person that just broke down and that's why she acts like that now.
She really was trying to have a nice husband wife relationship with him but he was constantly cold and she also never got close to Rea not because she wanted to be distant but he never let her get close. She even took care of him when he was half dead and others didn't care, they where supposed to be a family but she was shut outside and ended being alone. He was really an ass for not even trying a little to give her happiness if not for love at least from obligation for taking care of him that much.
Both Rea and her are victims of his obsessions.

The irony is that she still loves him since she earns for his attention but i guess if you can blame her for anything is for wasting her life like that and not leaving him to find someone that would truly care for her. Damn! what a waste such a beautiful woman being sexually neglected and frustrated. I'll be more than happy to relieve her from her frustrations(wink, wink). She must be a sexual volcano with all that frustration inside.

Wasabi said:
It's like all the males in this show are retarded in one way or another. Chihiro is a necrophiliac, and Dan'ichiro is some kind of twisted incestuous pedo. I'd take the milf or the living cousin any day.

Preach it brother.
Modified by S0l0, 06-11-12, 1:06 PM

06-11-12, 7:18 PM

Lol, Sanka Aria is already relieving her sexual frustrations elsewhere already, if the slight accusations that she had been going around those kind of places is true.

06-12-12, 1:18 AM

Once again, we're back to Rea and Chihiro's story after Mero's break last episode. Rea is the spitting image of her mother, that helps explain her father Danichirou's total obsession with her, considering how devastated he was after the death of the only woman he ever considered his wife. It's his own perverse way of coping with the loss of someone who can never be replaced.

Rea fully inherited her mother's looks, while the only thing she got from her father was part of his unyielding iron will, manifesting as her stubborn, subtly rebellious side.

06-12-12, 10:44 AM

wow rea is a carbon copy of her mother huh (appearance anyway)? I think chihiro should've just turned up his SWAG and got her to untie him haha (too bad he isn't capable though).
Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices