Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 8, 2012 7:29 AM
Jun 2008
oh my indeed living with rea's dad is bad for your life

cat hair boy all belt tied being offer a drink but NO then enter aria all drunk.
some talk & mention being not rea's mom cue flashback past.
cause she was a maid of many to see worthy to be wife of rea's father.
all focus & ready later be top maid for rea's father.
then one day fencing event rea's father meet girl in wheelchair fall in love.
get married but gone after give birth to rea.
rea's dad a total mess then aria fix him up & got married to him.
wanting to get time with rea's father but yea nothing happen.
then butler reveal the TRUTH yea cause rea's father obsession.
that rea look like her mom (aka wakaba moe/yuki's mom likeness effect from mirai nikki).
so all yea cant' reach him now try to get cat hair boy but falled.
oh here babu yea try to relax on babu cue z-word & rea on the way to cat hair boy.
cat hair boy enter room of rea obsession picture & yea here the father.

next ep rea on the rescue & en garde cat hair boy.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jun 8, 2012 7:38 AM

Aug 2011
Damn Aria certainly deserved better. Its a shame her beauty went to waste. I also dont hate Rea's father as much as before but he's still at a "wanna stab him" level.
Jun 8, 2012 7:45 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, Aria's past was devastating for her. She should live for herself and not for Danichiro. Even after all that happened, I'm not sympathetic towards Rea's father, he's just way over the line with how he expresses his 'love'.

Looks like a fencing duel between the two men next time! Fight for Rea!
Jun 8, 2012 7:59 AM

Aug 2010
This is one fucked up family. I got the gist that the family was fucked up even before Danichiro became head of the family, but it certainly did a jump with his obsession about Rea.

I think, he needs to be put in special care. Aria should see a doc, too.

The only reason why Rea wouldn't need to see a doc is because there is no danger at all that she could commit suicide. Because she already did.

Instead, Rea needs hugs. Applied by Dr. Chihiro and Nurse Mero
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 8, 2012 8:59 AM

Jun 2009
Totally forgot about a Sankaaria chapter episode, i must say it was done very well. Makes you feel for Aria.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 8, 2012 9:20 AM

May 2011
Rea's step mom is so creepy that its kinda hot
ExplicitzJun 8, 2012 9:26 AM
Jun 8, 2012 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
I really don't see why all these young women like about him, is it because he is rich, well he wasn't bad looking when he was young, but still a creep even then, and a lolicon to boot. Well I can understand a little bit about his anti-social life, but still.... a creep is a creep.

Girl, you are an idiot!
Jun 8, 2012 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
thisguy2011 said:

I don't know if I should feel sorry for Aria or Rea. They both had to lead some sad lives so far.

I feel sorry both and even the father. That guy obviously has had some problems for a long time that his status has prevented any one from doing anything about and probably caused. Maybe its my christian mind set but i wonder what kind of house hold he grew up in. He defenitly OCD and those people are generally obsesive over evrything and awkward around the oposite sex. Which is probably why he felt so attached to rea's mom. Her frailty mirrored his inner self and then losing her and trying to have her in the form of Rea is all part of it. But saying that we cant forget the photo sessions OCD or not thats criminal. The saddest thing about all this is it is all real love. Aria for some reason actually loves the guy and rea up to not so long ago thought she had a normal loving dad and the father even though his mental problems turned it all into something disgusting he dose love his Rea........no scratch that he loves her dead mom i don't think he's ever met Rea
EXCELLENT ANALYSIS! I agree with it! Rea's father major factor in choosing her mother based on her looks most likely ties in with your thinking of his mentality. Kudos to that and I add this to my txt file.

For this is some rather nice psychological assessment.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 8, 2012 10:37 AM

Oct 2011
I'm starting to feel bad for Aria now after this episode. Dan'ichiro's such a creep, really hate him. I hope Chihiro teaches him a lesson next episode.

Well well, looks like the next episode will air on my birthday :D

Jun 8, 2012 10:39 AM
Oct 2010
I guess after this episode I understand Rea's father more, but creepy is still creepy... so much he even makes a necrophiliac look like a normal person...

And Aria is stupid, she should have abandoned ship a long, long time ago. I think it just pride the only reason she is still there, what a stupid thing to throw away your life for.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 8, 2012 11:17 AM

May 2012
Poor stepmom...
And that is why Rea's dad is so obssesed with her is because he still cannot forget Rea's biological mother.. The backstory of Rea's dad was a little nice especially the part where he really fought for Rea's biological mother.. But he is way overboard now.. I hope Furuya will beat the hell out of him..

Jun 8, 2012 12:27 PM
Jun 2008
Ajunky said:

And Aria is stupid, she should have abandoned ship a long, long time ago. I think it just pride the only reason she is still there, what a stupid thing to throw away your life for.
She also said that she can win a Man's Heart no matter what, she is a prideful women. I think she seek for fame+fortune from the start.
but I think She now realize that love is much more important than those lol . Well, there is no turning back now.
MorningGloryJun 8, 2012 12:46 PM
Jun 8, 2012 12:52 PM

Jan 2012
Very surprised that Aria is not Rea's mother. 0.0

...and...why only 13 eps?? I was hoping for more!!!

Jun 8, 2012 1:08 PM
Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
Ajunky said:

She also said that she can win a Man's Heart no matter what, she is a prideful women. I think she seek for fame+fortune from the start.
but I think She now realize that love is much more important than those lol . Well, there is no turning back now.
Pretty much, right now she stays with him for pride and because she's obsessed with making him love her. If all she wanted was fame and fortune she already has it and she would be happy and not the drunk-whorish mess she is now since her husband does give her all the money she cares for. He just doesn't give her any love.

So basically, if you read her story well you notice she did start as all the other maids did, as gold diggers who wanted to marry into the Sanka family, but she had the pride of making anyone fall for her, and that pride turned into obsession and from wanting to marry him into wanting to be loved. SO yeah, she kinda sank into the little hole all by herself but she deserves a little pity since in the end all she wants now is love, not money or anything, just love.

As for Rea's dad... well, the pedophilic tendencies were strong in that one but I guess 15 is not THAT bad considering he was just 20 or so back then. Yeah, a large gap but not completely unexpected, especially when it comes to influential families (they tend to stage marriages and all that, and ussually the couples are not exactly...close in age). Plus this is anime. What was creepy however was his obsession with Rea just because she looks like her mother. The thing that sets the alarm bells is because he speaks so much of preserving "her purity". He's just one step away of saying he wanted that purity for himself.
Leon-GunJun 8, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 8, 2012 1:22 PM
Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
]SO yeah, she kinda sank into the little hole all by herself but she deserves a little pity since in the end all she wants now is love, not money or anything, just love.
The butler warn her not to love him.... I recommend her to leave Sanka's mansion for good.
In the end, she still stay for money and fame. I don't see any reason she still stay there because she is faithful to Danichiro.
or maybe she stay there just for those whiskey lol
Jun 8, 2012 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
was expecting this very much lol
can't wait for next eps..
something somewhat odd yet nice happened in manga that they MIGHT pop in the anime.. but.. I don't think they will..

-snif-
the following is a spoiler for the non-manga readers, so read if you want to know about the "nice" thing I was referring too xD
Jun 8, 2012 2:03 PM
Jan 2011

Oh, man, it is official Rea's dad is indeed a Pedophile imagine a 20 something guy marrying a 15 a year old.

Aria is one hot milf, I can imagine that Rea's dad never banged her.
Jun 8, 2012 4:01 PM

May 2012
That was some disturbing shit! Dan Ichiro is a total freak show! We need Chris Hansen on his ass! STAT! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 8, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
This willmm probaably be my favorite episode! its good........but still pedophiloic.. :/
Jun 8, 2012 4:12 PM
Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
Leon-Gun said:
]SO yeah, she kinda sank into the little hole all by herself but she deserves a little pity since in the end all she wants now is love, not money or anything, just love.
The butler warn her not to love him.... I recommend her to leave Sanka's mansion for good.
In the end, she still stay for money and fame. I don't see any reason she still stay there because she is faithful to Danichiro.
or maybe she stay there just for those whiskey lol
Like I said, if she was staying there for the money she wouldn't get drunk everyday and petty much live a depressed life. She's just obsessed with catching his attention at this point, and angry at the fact Rea is all he can think about.

Jun 8, 2012 5:34 PM

Feb 2012
Jeez Rea's dad is a nuttjob.

Aria's a babe and he hasn't made love to her? Man.

Also can anyone tell me if they skipped ahead a few chapters? Episode 8 was chapter 8, yet this ep was like chapter 11 or something. No idea what chapter the next ep is since it's usually the same title as the corresponding manga chapter. Comment on my profile if you know.
Jun 8, 2012 5:43 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode! Too bad there's a 1-week hiatus next week :(
Jun 8, 2012 5:45 PM
Jun 2011
Damn...my hot bloodedness gets to me sometimes.
There's a few things you can't do around me:
You cannot harm children.
You cannot harm women without exeptional due cause.

Rea's dad managed to do both.

Who wants to join me in tearing that bastard in half limb from limb right about now?
In order to get out alive he'd have to prove that he wasn't doing what we think he was.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Jun 8, 2012 6:02 PM
Aug 2011
Feel sorry for Aria, she deserves better than that pedo freak!
Jun 8, 2012 6:54 PM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
MorningGlory said:
Ajunky said:

Pretty much, right now she stays with him for pride and because she's obsessed with making him love her. If all she wanted was fame and fortune she already has it and she would be happy and not the drunk-whorish mess she is now since her husband does give her all the money she cares for. He just doesn't give her any love.

So basically, if you read her story well you notice she did start as all the other maids did, as gold diggers who wanted to marry into the Sanka family, but she had the pride of making anyone fall for her, and that pride turned into obsession and from wanting to marry him into wanting to be loved. SO yeah, she kinda sank into the little hole all by herself but she deserves a little pity since in the end all she wants now is love, not money or anything, just love.

I disagree. Aria isn't looking for love from her husband, she simply wants to have sex. She originally wanted fame, and now sex. Here's why. If she loved her husband, why wouldn't she love his daughter. She knows that Rea is an obstacle to reach Dai'ichiro. Smart as she is, shouldn't she have realized that making Rea love her would bring Dai'ichiro closer to her. After the naked-pics revelation, Aria chose Rea as a rival, but not as someone to be saved. If Aria had loved Dai'ichiro, she would have tried to save Dai'ichiro, but we are given no evidence of that. Instead, she distanced herself from her family and started drinking. The clincher is the end scene in this episode, where Aria finally breaks down and cries like a child going on about how Dai'ichiro never looks at her. If she had truly loved Dai'ichiro, the scene wouldn't have been as hilarious as it was.

Leon-Gun said:
As for Rea's dad... well, the pedophilic tendencies were strong in that one but I guess 15 is not THAT bad considering he was just 20 or so back then. Yeah, a large gap but not completely unexpected, especially when it comes to influential families (they tend to stage marriages and all that, and ussually the couples are not exactly...close in age). Plus this is anime. What was creepy however was his obsession with Rea just because she looks like her mother. The thing that sets the alarm bells is because he speaks so much of preserving "her purity". He's just one step away of saying he wanted that purity for himself.

Dai'ichiro actually loves his daughter in his own twisted way. Love entails a want of good will. He truly believes what he does will benefit his daughter. He wants to keep her pure, rid outside evil, and raise Rea into his successor. All his actions can be explained as such. Even the naked-pics are evidence for him that Rea remains pure, whatever that means to him. Now the question is whether Dai'ichiro loves his daughter in a sexual manner, which I beg to differ. Dai'ichiro may have pedophiliac tendencies, but I change my mind. I don't believe Dai'ichiro really is a pedophiliac.
Jun 8, 2012 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
poor Aria shes been reduced to such a pitiful state but in away she has herself to blame too for not getting out even when she learnt about him :/

and Reas father still is fucking creepy clinged a bit whenever i see him still..fencing duel next week.
Jun 9, 2012 3:58 AM

Jul 2011
OMG! Aria was rubbing her breasts against his face and Chihiro avoids her kiss saying "I like zombie girls only"

Oh Chihiro...you son of a ***** fucking gay, go **** out here M********
ainkyJun 9, 2012 4:01 AM
Jun 9, 2012 6:09 AM
Jun 2008
aiNkyy said:
OMG! Aria was rubbing her breasts against his face and Chihiro avoids her kiss saying "I like zombie girls only"
Now,This is a kinda of guy that the world is lacking . Faithfulness

Leon-Gun said:

Like I said, if she was staying there for the money she wouldn't get drunk everyday and petty much live a depressed life. She's just obsessed with catching his attention at this point, and angry at the fact Rea is all he can think about.
I thought she given up on catching attention at this point already lol.She knew that is was hopeless to love Danichiro even if Rea is gone.
If Rea is gone, he probably watching those nude photo for the rest of his miserable life ~.~"
Jun 9, 2012 9:49 AM

Jul 2010
I have no freaking Idea why Aria wont divorce the guy.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jun 9, 2012 10:38 AM

May 2010
Aria little past is kinda sad being dumped like that,well I guess it shows that she wasn't such a bad person !!
Jun 9, 2012 11:54 AM
May 2012
I lost the plot of the story after she turned into a zombie.
Sick Bro
Jun 9, 2012 12:24 PM

Feb 2012
Am i the only one who realized how fast Sankarea dad aged? He was young looking when she was a baby and then what....3 years later he looks like he's 50 lol.

Anyway i dont really know who to feel bad for except Aria .Lol what plot? the plot was bringing his dead cat back to life :/. and the dude marrying the 15 year old is that uncommon especially if you read the bible.
Totally unrelated but Joseph was like 30 and Mary was 16 when they married.....just sayain.
Jun 9, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, this man is even more disturbed than I initially thought. Marrying a frail 15 year-old girl. I kinda feel for Aria. Even though she's been a bitch herself, she's never felt the love of the man she married. I kinda liked the back story, but I can't wait for the story to actually progress either. Rea is definitely falling for the bait that is Chihiro.

Jun 9, 2012 3:26 PM
Dec 2007
Onyxthegreat said:
Wow, this man is even more disturbed than I initially thought. Marrying a frail 15 year-old girl. I kinda feel for Aria. Even though she's been a bitch herself, she's never felt the love of the man she married. I kinda liked the back story, but I can't wait for the story to actually progress either. Rea is definitely falling for the bait that is Chihiro.
...And forgetting to eat her plants. Rampage Zombie Rea anyone?

Jun 9, 2012 5:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
s2012k1993 said:
The only answer I can think of is that Dan'ichiro is a pedophile. The puzzle is solved.

Well that's the extremely clear undertone here in the anime adaptation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 9, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
OrochiPL said:
Totally forgot about a Sankaaria chapter episode, i must say it was done very well. Makes you feel for Aria.

Same here and I guess it's about time to re-read the manga.

Mero was so funny in the preview, it's such a nice addition to the anime, wish we could've something like that in the manga.
Jun 9, 2012 6:12 PM
Sep 2011
Uggh I want it to be the 21st already
Jun 9, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
Back story on Aria was nice. Rea's father still being a creepy old fuck. fencing episode next..
Jun 9, 2012 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
that fencing segment was disgraceful. at least make it somewhat realistic ._.

that aside, pretty good episode. rea's dad just gets more and more creepy...
Jun 9, 2012 9:08 PM

Nov 2011
Finally the show down is gonnna happen :D
Good episode had a fair bit of back story which made the story more understandable lookng forward to the next episode :D
Jun 9, 2012 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't like this episode much. Backstory wasn't poorly done per say, I just don't care about her and Rea's actual Mom. In thirteen episode shows it's usually better to focus on the here and now. Not to mention the beginning of the episode made it seem like shit was about to get real, talk about anti-climactic.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 9, 2012 11:08 PM

Aug 2009
s2012k1993 said:
Aria isn't looking for love from her husband, she simply wants to have sex

She can have plenty of sex in the "host" club which she visits so sex doesn't seem to be an issue here. That aside, what is wrong with wanting to have sex with the guy she is married to?

s2012k1993 said:
She originally wanted fame, and now sex

No; she originally wanted fame/fortune and tried to stand out of the lot (other maids). In the process, she fell for Dai'ichiro and was really happy when the "pedo dude" expressed a desire to marry her.

Here's why. If she loved her husband, why wouldn't she love his daughter

Non sequitur; is "loving" someone else's daughter a pre-requisite to loving that person? I don't think so. Plus, notice the pool scene wherein Rea wants to have a family photograph and Aria gladly complies with a smile on her face.

She knows that Rea is an obstacle to reach Dai'ichiro

No, Dai'ichiro is an obstacle in reaching Dai'ichiro.

If Aria had loved Dai'ichiro, she would have tried to save Dai'ichiro, but we are given no evidence of that.Instead, she distanced herself from her family and started drinking.

Save a freak who doesn't listen to anyone but himself? I have my doubts. :)

The clincher is the end scene in this episode, where Aria finally breaks down and cries like a child going on about how Dai'ichiro never looks at her. If she had truly loved Dai'ichiro, the scene wouldn't have been as hilarious as it was.

Non sequitur; I'm not really sure how "breaking down" after narrating a fucked up life to an outsider "conclusively" decides that Aria doesn't love her husband.
Jun 9, 2012 11:31 PM

Aug 2010
Wasabi said:
It's like all the males in this show are retarded in one way or another. Chihiro is a necrophiliac, and Dan'ichiro is some kind of twisted incestuous pedo. I'd take the milf or the living cousin any day.

This.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jun 9, 2012 11:36 PM
Feb 2009
need next weeks ep
Jun 10, 2012 1:22 AM

Jun 2007
Leon-Gun said:
The thing that sets the alarm bells is because he speaks so much of preserving "her purity". He's just one step away of saying he wanted that purity for himself.

He pretty much said that several episodes ago when photos on Rea's birthday were mentioned and he said something along the lines of "It's almost time". I can only assume he's been waiting for Rea to hit a specific age before taking her "purity".

Originally I don't think he was a pedo though. He seemed more in shock with what Rea's mom told him. I mean her being a crippled 15 year old with basically nothing to live for telling him, a healthy, successful, rich guy that even though the match was rigged he should still be happy to be able to train and have people to fence against was definitely an eye opener for him.

Aria kind of screwed her self in multiple ways. Rea's dad might have initially thought it'd be a good idea for Rea to have a mother but I think him marrying her was his way of showing his affection for her taking care of him through his hard time. Aria could have easily won over Rea's dad if she just spent time with Rea and helped raise her.
Jun 10, 2012 3:03 AM

Sep 2011
Some dumb ************ just shouldn't watch the show if all they gonna do is complain. It's fucking anime for fucksake not HBO show.

It might not have the best pacing ever, I appreciate all the side characters building as long as it compliments the main plot. It's disturbing in a playful way.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Jun 10, 2012 6:46 AM
Feb 2012
Quite interesting history that's behind the Sanka family. Really enjoyed watching it. Looking at the episode it functioned as a set-up episode which was enhanced by the preview for next week. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 10, 2012 7:15 AM

May 2012
Wow... Rea's dad is even more insane than I thought!
I also really feel sorry for her mom. If I were in her position I would probably do the same thing... I think...

Jun 10, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
The Sanka family's history is deep. Danichiro sees his first wife through Rea.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 10, 2012 9:58 AM

Sep 2010
Epic episode.... Rea's Dad's background story, told via Rea's step mother....

I now sympathies Rea's dad, but still he's a EMO freak....

Anyway a solid 5/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

141 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.