MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Eureka Seven AO Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Eureka Seven AO »» Eureka Seven AO Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
View Poll Results: Eureka Seven AO Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

18 29.03%
4 out of 5: Liked it

13 20.97%
3 out of 5: It was OK

16 25.81%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

11 17.74%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 6.45%
Voters: 62

06-08-12, 5:34 PM

This episode confirmed many of my suspicions. It also revealed the personalities of Christophe Blanc, Truth, Gen Bleu with the contrasting Ao.

First of all, what is quartz? To put it simply, one can compare the current status of Uranium in our world with Quartz in Ao's world. There is subtle evidence in the previous episodes, but this particular episode more or less confirms it. We know from previous episodes that quartz powers the mecha. In this episode, the Ministry of Defense's intent is to activate the quartz to use it as a power source (though Nakamura had different intentions). Fearing the proliferation of quartz, Gen Bleu attempts to prevent Japan's activation of artificial quartz (though it turns out it be damaged quartz from 70 yrs ago). This is confirmed by Team Pied Pipers' primary objective being the retrieval of quartz in secrecy. If one imagines quartz as uranium, a power source as well as a tool for mass destruction, Gen Bleu's purpose and actions are much better explained (like how it keeps hidden the existence of quartz from Okinawa and others).

The next question one must ask is who the guy (call him glasses-head) with Nakamura is? We know glasses-head is a Gen Bleu mole and that he changes to become Truth, to whom Nakamura asks whether he is with the hackers (trust me that's important). We don't know whether Truth was always glasses-head, but I am inclined to believe because Truth had infiltrated other groups before, thus has the experience to easily infiltrate the Ministry of Defense. Glasses-head and Truth are also consistent in provoking Nakamura to commit destruction. If so, then Christophe Blanc and Truth are the center of a huge conspiracy. If not, Truth must have a huge network (i.e. Fire Crackers) to pinpoint Nakamura (the light fuse in Ministry of Defense) and take out Gen Bleu's mole; and Christophe Blanc must be an unemotional president willing to do whatever to clear Gen Bleu's path. Either way, this is shaping up to be very interesting.

Both of these answers are based by a couple truths. One, Japan had no intention of pursuing the path of Scrub Coral, as evidenced by the Ministry of Interior, its people, its history, and the Ministry of Defense's surprise with Nakamura's plan. Two, Gen Bleu had no idea Japan had damaged quartz from 70 yrs ago, and only believed that Japan was constructing an artificial Plant Coral, akin to a nuclear plant in our reality. These truths explain Gen Bleu's actions for, it never expected a secret to show up.

Thus, the big question is whether Christophe Blanc is truly the president of Gen Bleu or merely acting the president's role while secretly working with Truth.

In the midst of all this political madness, Ao shapes up to become unbiased arbiter. He doesn't give a care about Gen Bleu's goals or the political maneuvering of others. He sees the truth: Secrets kill people and damage property and his job is to prevent that. So focused he is that he doesn't even care to notice the two beautiful girls (and not to forget the ever sexy Noah) lying on the windshield of Nirvash in their swimsuits.
Modified by s2012k1993, 06-08-12, 5:51 PM

06-08-12, 5:47 PM

not taking 1st 2 episodes into consideration, this is the best ep for me,in short, i agree with this:
Marow said:
Finally some focus.

still not enough to make this enjoyable much, to be honest, right in the middle of the ep, when i was talking to myself this finally looks interesting, the action came in and i went back to previous eps' half asleep state waiting for it to end
there wasnt a single second of action i liked in this anime - the opposite

the water pressure scenes were kinda dramatic at least

what i disliked about this episode too, was that despite plot development there is no progression in the characters area - Ao still has no clue what he wants, in fact nobody has, everyone just stays in his initial position - Ivica seemed that he had some grudges against president, so did the pilots
Gazelle and corp - wtf - they are still doing the laundry jobs? this is the worst

im tired of seing characters doing what clearly is the initial stage, in few eps we are gonna be in half of the road and the characters positions are still not established. the example with gazelle gets my point across the best: they should have been doing some important stuff for a long time now, Gazelle's cocky attitude (as he was already doing important stuff) doesnt help much)
or another one: Rebecka still wasnt established neither as intelligent or capable - everyone is just BEING there

Tyrel said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

In a way Ao is like Renton, always wanting to save people, before thinking what could happen.

that sounds more like typical shonen...

porkiewpyne said:
Wannabe scumbag Apollo Justice got saved by the three stooges from the overpowered troll. Seems legit.

haha, but i am curious about how could someone like Truth need some idiot... but i like that character, he reminds me bit of Dominic from prequel

btw did anyone think of Evangelion in that water action scene? it totally reminded me of that angel in lava, not complaining, just saying

and it really feels like plot armor surrounds people around Truth everywhere he goes - once he kills everyone mercilessly and then he lets people live for no reason (like, main characters)

fanservice: please... stop it its stupid, particularly on girl like Fleur and even worse on Elena - does anyone get her btw? i hate her most when cheerful
maybe this is for younger audience?
Modified by sspit, 06-08-12, 5:52 PM

06-08-12, 6:03 PM

s2012k1993 said:
If one imagines quartz as uranium, a power source as well as a tool for mass destruction, Gen Bleu's purpose and actions are much better explained (like how it keeps hidden the existence of quartz from Okinawa and others).

That seems to be the ultimate reason "in the GB public sphere". I would think there are more important, secret reasons for the gathering of quartz. Clearly, the organization has many hidden secrets and alterior motives, such as hiding the type TheEnd(?), and viewing the Nirvash as a especially valuble machine, among other.

s2012k1993 said:
The next question one must ask is who the guy (call him glasses-head) with spiky-head is? We know glasses-head is a Gen Bleu mole and that he changes to become Truth, to whom spiky-head asks whether he is with the hackers (trust me that's important). We don't know whether Truth was always glasses-head, but I am inclined to believe because Truth had infiltrated other groups before, thus has the experience to easily infiltrate the Ministry of Defense. Glasses-head and Truth are also consistent in provoking spiky-head to commit destruction. If so, then Christophe Blanc and Truth are the center of a huge conspiracy. If not, Truth must have a huge network (i.e. Fire Crackers) to pinpoint spiky-head (the light fuse in Ministry of Defense) and take out Gen Bleu's mole; and Christophe Blanc must be an unemotional president willing to do whatever to clear Gen Bleu's path. Either way, this is shaping up to be very interesting.

Both of these answers are based by a couple truths. One, Japan had no intention of pursuing the path of Scrub Coral, as evidenced by the Ministry of Interior, its people, its history, and the Ministry of Defense's surprise with Spiky-Head's plan. Two, Gen Bleu had no idea Japan had damaged quartz from 70 yrs ago, and only believed that Japan was constructing an artificial Plant Coral, akin to a nuclear plant in our reality. These truths explain Gen Bleu's actions for, it never expected a secret to show up.

Thus, the big question is whether Christophe Blanc is truly the president of Gen Bleu or merely acting the president's role while secretly working with Truth.

I just think no one knows that "glasses-head" is Truth. I would say Truth seems to work at multiple angles, but is only doing so to push his own agendas forward, such as finding Secrets and seeing the Nirvash. The President might know more then he lets one, but I don't see any evidence suggesting that they are conscious of each other and are working together.

s2012k1993 said:
In the midst of all this political madness, Ao shapes up to become unbiased arbiter. He doesn't give a care about Gen Bleu's goals or the political maneuvering of others. He sees the truth: Secrets kill people and damage property and his job is to prevent that. So focused he is that he doesn't even care to notice the two beautiful girls (and not to forget the ever sexy Noah) lying on the windshield of Nirvash in their swimsuits.

I think his avoidance/ignoring of the two is also due to his annoyance of their apparent lack of will/focus/forcefulness towards defending the local population. He clearly views saving the citizens from the Secret as the No. 1 priority and thus is angered/annoyed by Pied Piper's screwed up priorities.

06-08-12, 6:23 PM

Raigerzero said:
In this case, how is this not possible? You only need one giant robot to investigate the scub coral/damaged quartz and arguably one to fight the Secret. This was extremely possible. My only issue is why didn't Ao be smart and lure the Secret to a depth near the surface when it first appeared on his radar?

You shouldn't be so literal about it, just because it was possible in this scenario doesn't mean that it would be possible in another one; you have to acknowledge that his way of thinking is ignorant, its a well known lesson that is displayed in movies,anime and even real life, not everyone can be saved, to think otherwise is naive.

Ao has displayed for lack of better terms lack of intelligence the entire series; like that "did we win?" last episode, and also his development isn't done well either, that can change of course, but if it keeps up like this then the very direction will be what is the problem.

06-08-12, 6:23 PM

Raigerzero said:
s2012k1993 said:
If one imagines quartz as uranium, a power source as well as a tool for mass destruction, Gen Bleu's purpose and actions are much better explained (like how it keeps hidden the existence of quartz from Okinawa and others).

That seems to be the ultimate reason "in the GB public sphere". I would think there are more important, secret reasons for the gathering of quartz. Clearly, the organization has many hidden secrets and alterior motives, such as hiding the type TheEnd(?), and viewing the Nirvash as a especially valuble machine, among other.

I definitely agree with this. But I think it's a bit more layered than that. Japan and Okinawa don't know what quartz is other than that it attracts Secret. Thus most third world countries view Scrub Coral as a hindriance. One level higher is Gen Bleu and America, both which know the value of Quartz (Uranium analogy). Even higher, only certain heads of Gen Bleu and America know of Mark I and its link with quartz. Thus, even if Gen Bleu's information leaks out, it can only be viewed as a humanitarian organization, while secretly pursuing its own agenda, Christophe Blanc's agenda that is.

Therefore, my suspicions of Christophe Blanc are justified. We have already seen him act calculating and tricking in order to achieve his ends in the previous two episodes and also in this one. In addition, the mole (glasses-head) directly contacts Gen Bleu's heads. If he is Truth, for what purpose would Truth relay that information to the very same organization that he wreaked havoc on. One, he may have formed a treaty with Blanc in exchange for ending the damage to Gen Bleu. Two, he wants Gen Bleu's involvement, but to what ends? However, if Truth entered the picture later in the game, then all bets are off.

Raigerzero said:
s2012k1993 said:

I think his avoidance/ignoring of the two is also due to his annoyance of their apparent lack of will/focus/forcefulness towards defending the local population. He clearly views saving the citizens from the Secret as the No. 1 priority and thus is angered/annoyed by Pied Piper's screwed up priorities.

To balance all of the mind games played by the older generation, we have a new generation of children, headed by Ao that spit at the older generation's hypocrisy. For those who believe Ao to be a lifeless character unlike Renton, I remind them that Ao is not battling the same things Renton did. Ao is fighting for truth, whereas Renton is fighting with his adolescence. Though, I do believe the anime could spend a little less time on the fighting scenes and little more time developing Ao along these lines.
Modified by s2012k1993, 06-08-12, 6:26 PM

06-08-12, 7:01 PM

Did anyone else get pissed off at Ao disobeying direct orders yet AGAIN? And this time the Captain just didn't give a fuck anymore. When you are part of a team you follow the rules and don't just leave your partners and crew hanging like that.

He also attacked Fleur's and Elena's mech to get the trapar out without even a heads up. That was kinda dickish.

06-08-12, 11:54 PM

Marow said:

The difference is that we knew what Renton was thinking, we knew why he did those things and he actually reflected on them and grew. Ao doesn't have anything of this. We don't even know what drives him.

Its kind of been discussed about a little bit vaguely, however I'll throw my spin on it.

AO doesn't know what quite drives him. You have to remember he was sort of dragged into this with no other choice.(Unless you think he could have taken on the whole US army) Renton, on the other hand had the whole I'm in love with Eureka so I will fight for her, which is why he went with the Geckogo.

AO doesn't have this, he's doing soul searching trying to figure out who and what he is, while at the same time using generation Bleue as a means to gather information about his origins (this includes his mother/Nirvash/Ninae).He's using the concept of saving people at the same time, so he can obtain some fulfillment that he's worth something. So in the end he can't be like Renton because he doesn't really know what he's fighting for, he just knows that he may be able to save people, even if he doesn't understand why he can do it.

06-09-12, 12:04 AM

truth is kind of a douche
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

06-09-12, 11:07 AM

I don't like how they are trying to put a lot of plot development and then end the episode with a battle scene. It makes all the battle scenes half-assed in the show, it just feels really rushed and barely interesting.

06-09-12, 5:13 PM

Lightbarier said:
Marow said:

The difference is that we knew what Renton was thinking, we knew why he did those things and he actually reflected on them and grew. Ao doesn't have anything of this. We don't even know what drives him.

Its kind of been discussed about a little bit vaguely, however I'll throw my spin on it.

AO doesn't know what quite drives him. You have to remember he was sort of dragged into this with no other choice.(Unless you think he could have taken on the whole US army) Renton, on the other hand had the whole I'm in love with Eureka so I will fight for her, which is why he went with the Geckogo.

AO doesn't have this, he's doing soul searching trying to figure out who and what he is, while at the same time using generation Bleue as a means to gather information about his origins (this includes his mother/Nirvash/Ninae).He's using the concept of saving people at the same time, so he can obtain some fulfillment that he's worth something. So in the end he can't be like Renton because he doesn't really know what he's fighting for, he just knows that he may be able to save people, even if he doesn't understand why he can do it.

That may be it, but the problem is we don't HEAR him think along these lines. There is no internal monologue. So we don't know anything about him.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

06-09-12, 9:01 PM

Dropped.

06-10-12, 7:54 AM

On the verge of dropping this anime but will try to stomach through it. My thoughts on the episode and what we still have:

-Lifeless characters who have personalities of a cardboard

-Crappy antagonist who has random powers and a cliche motive

-Ao being a feminine moronic pilot who doesn't know what he wants and shoves his idealism down our throats

-Annoying three cast away get a job on generation blue because they saw a scub coral change...........they are annoying, useless and provide for weak plot humor

-Naru is no where to be seen and that is a good thing. I think she is dumb broad who should have stayed in her hometown because she is useless in all regards. Retardly following the transexual villian because he said some cute words. What? SIgh.............I just hope when they bring her useless character back she will be covered up and not dressed like a prostitute.

-Gekko State>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Generation Blu. Gekko State comprised of a small group of rogue individuals against the military. While Generation Blu is a company that does scub coral research (why the fuck do they have milatary commanders)? I enjoyed how simple gekko state was and how much of a family it was. To this point I can't understand why generation Blu has malls and other retarded crap like singers. Talk about waste of money! Gekko State was a rogue organization and so they could bend the rules and bring in child pilots but wtf does Generation Blu have for their excuse?

-Lame politics splattered through the episode to make things more intellectual but failed miserable. EU 7 was a simple but had complex undertones within the story. E7 Ao is forced plot information to make this mess of show more than it is.

-I loled at the dude who over analysed E7 AO because he is making it so much more than it is. It's like someone going off on the complex properties of water, when the person asked you where can he buy water?

-How in the blue hell is this a sequel? There is not a single character besides Eureka who was shown in this anime......wtf happened to everyone. Why wasn't this explained earlier? Unbelievable at the crap that his been going on. I loved EU 7 but this is making a mockery of the entire EU 7 name. I would love to see what the writers were smoking when they made this entire concept.

-Episode was a 6.5/10 and I might drop this pile of shit next episode. I have been stomaching bad episode after bad episode and I don't think I can take anymore.
Modified by Darkdrone, 06-10-12, 8:04 AM

06-10-12, 10:57 AM

Ahri said:
Am i the only one that finds Truth extremely boring when he appears on the screen? I just can't stand him.....

nope, you're not

06-10-12, 11:57 AM

Darkdrone said:
-Episode was a 6.5/10 and I might drop this pile of shit next episode. I have been stomaching bad episode after bad episode and I don't think I can take anymore.

Jesus Christ. You dropped bag full of shit on this episode and still 6,5/10? Scale is from 1 to 10 not 6 to 10.

06-10-12, 1:48 PM

bastek66 said:
Darkdrone said:

Jesus Christ. You dropped bag full of shit on this episode and still 6,5/10? Scale is from 1 to 10 not 6 to 10.

Episode was sub par but I have been harbouring those feelings about the show for quite some time. Check all the episode discussions and you will see me badgering on about it. I thought the first two episodes were phenomenal but from then on it took a turn for a worst. Also what do you mean the scale is from 1 to 10? This was a sub par but below good.....so that is a 6.5 out of 10.

Unless this show does something regarding the the characters and how they grow within the narrative....it is sub par. Nothing overly complicated about the show but they seem to try to make it sound like it is intelligent.

06-10-12, 5:21 PM

I agree with a lot of the criticism. At this point, I just feel detached from it all. Its been slowly going downhill after the first few eps and with the introduction of Truth, it has sort of gone to shit. Truth is a blight on this show. His dialog has been painful and the show tries too hard to make him cool.

06-11-12, 12:48 AM

I was bored for the majority of the episode : /

06-13-12, 1:43 PM

im watching TTGL now and some parts reminded me too much of E7...

Then those black things with purple lines appear in TTGL just like in AO. DAFUQ !?

06-13-12, 3:56 PM

The fuck with pool/windshield scene... Completely out of place even as stupid fanservice. And shithead Elena is an unnecessary character altogether, annoyance all the way.

I haven't imagined it, but Truth is one great crazy character.

tl;dr

this show still fails, put on hold.

06-15-12, 7:41 AM

I honestly can't believe the amount of hate this series is getting; at first I blamed it on misplaced expectations, but this is just ridiculous. At this point, I just have to completely disagree with the "cardboard" characters analysis, as I think most of the main cast has been properly developed up to this point, and I can at least empathize with them as characters, though I'll agree the series hasn't been stellar in this regard. What I can say, however, is that I'm loving the complexity of the story and the setting that BONES has put forth with this series, and the visual splendor in the design and animation. Regarding the story, nothing about the prospective plot has seemed "hollow" or incoherent to me up to this point; conversely, this aspect seems quite meticulously and carefully executed, which I'm actually enjoying substantially. Each of these pros I've listed have certainly met their own problems with consistency (episodes 7 and 8 come to mind), but nothing that "breaks" the series for me in any way.

As for these comparisons to Gen Bleu and Gekkostate, I believe they're totally asinine and detrimental to any enjoyment one may have in the series, as they're completely and fundamentally different entities with different objectives and philosophies - this does not make one conceivably "better" than the other. As for Truth, thus far I've reserved judgement on its effectiveness as a character, and place in the story, but it's obvious that there's some amount of depth to "it", and we'll just have to see where its story goes.

My take is that just like the first series, Ao has plenty of flaws strewn about itself, but in no way do I see it being anything close to a "failure"; If I were to give the first series a solid "8.5", I'd give this one between a "7.8 - 8.0" up to this point - I don't think it's quite reached the heights of its predecessor just yet, but I certainly see the potential for it to do so.
Modified by Dangerr, 06-15-12, 7:48 AM

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices