MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Movie or manga?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Akira »» Movie or manga?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
09-25-08, 11:31 PM

I'd have to say the manga because it takes the story so much farther and I have fond memories from the time I first read it, making it a huge artistic influence and inspiration.
Omae wa mo shindeiru.

01-14-09, 6:01 PM

The manga by far. I watched and read both, and I thought that the second half of the manga was the better than the first. Although, apparently there is going to be a new movie (actually 2 movies) that will be more cannon as far as the manga is concerned. My only issue is that it is going to be live action and directed my Leonardo DiCaprio.

01-30-09, 7:49 PM

I thought the manga was way better than the anime however the anime was pretty good art wise.

05-04-09, 2:39 PM

I prefer the manga, because of TetsuoxKaori relationship, I can find romance everywhere. And the manga end wasn´t so confused like anime. But the movie was good too, with the music, and some scenes that wasn´t in manga.
http://dunderheads.weebly.com/

ever had this urge to stalk a person on MAL and read/watch everything they read/watched?

I had.

09-24-12, 5:02 AM

I'd have to say the film only because I've read little of the manga and also the film was the greatest thing I've ever seen. Fond memories of watching it :)

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices