Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2012 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, a chemical mystery, of sorts...

I prefer the longer mysteries where there are plenty of red herrings, but this was still pretty good.

Come to think of it, all of those alcohol infused fruits - maybe I should get myself a shot of lemoncello...
Jun 5, 2012 7:53 PM
Sep 2011
Pretty good filler. I liked seeing that arson inspector guy.
Jun 17, 2012 1:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well I find it really funny now Conan's entourage kept witnessing people being killed in front of them and don't break a sweat. They can laugh and make jokes after the crime is solved just like as if they just came back from school. Must be a traumatizing life to be desensitized so much LOL.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 17, 2012 5:21 PM

Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
Well I find it really funny now Conan's entourage kept witnessing people being killed in front of them and don't break a sweat. They can laugh and make jokes after the crime is solved just like as if they just came back from school. Must be a traumatizing life to be desensitized so much LOL.

Well, considering how many murders they've witnessed, no wonder they aren't fazed at all. LOL
Aug 25, 2013 7:16 PM

Apr 2012
I found this case very clever ^^
Aug 28, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2012
Chemistry murder. Ooh. Now, I want to eat some chocolate :(
Feb 2, 2014 9:00 PM

Nov 2010
wakka9ca said:
Yeah the other episode they were happily eating while the crime was still being solved. And Ran will still scream her lungs out if she stumbles onto a body.

OT: I guess it was ok. But they really dumbed down the cop and made him meaner. Before he was nice to Conan. He must have been really stupid to not question why she bought the chefs(who work with fire) clothes that burn easily. It's like giving a firefighter a tissue paper suit.
Nov 16, 2015 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
wakka9ca said:
Yeah the other episode they were happily eating while the crime was still being solved. And Ran will still scream her lungs out if she stumbles onto a body.

Inconsistent much? I rather liked this one because the murder happened right in front of them rather than solving after the fact.
Apr 29, 2016 10:03 AM
May 2010
Case File #658
The Hot Chocolate Trap

Oh shit. You know what that means, kids - someone's gonna die. It's funny how Conan's the one who prophesied about someone's death. And of course, this being a trashy TV original, the culprit is predictable as well. Did you expect anything more? But credits where credits' due, she does play her role well as an innocent victim, and even the whole chemical-talk obscures her possible murder technique. That said, the problem with this show is that the suspects always come down to the minor characters introduced in the episode. When there's only one of such characters remained... you get the idea. Worst of all, that campy villain laugh of the murdered 'snob' erased any sympathy or tension I might have.

This case also marks one of the first DC episodes that Puto Fansubs (now known as "The Moonlighters") has taken on. I really miss the old team, DCTP. The Moonlighters (or ML) really Americanized the sub. I'm an Asian, so I think I have the right to call out on Japanese context being butchered without being labeled a weeaboo. It would be more accurate to call me a purist who holds onto traditional values.

★★
May 20, 2018 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Very nice episode because of play with the chemical elements!!!!
I understand why the woman killed the pastry chef and kill always is bad, but how he talks her was inadmissible and degrading!!!
Mar 18, 2020 1:49 PM

Jun 2007
Nalewka is never made with 90% alcohol lol. most of the time it's around 40! it's a slav thang, not just polish. in russia it's called "nalivka".

by the way i think it was the most gruesome death so far...
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 10, 2020 10:20 PM
Jul 2014
Well, that death was kinda creepy; that's not so common in the serie

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Yesterday, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

2 by Estoy_Gordo »»
Apr 19, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
Apr 19, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Apr 18, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.