Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2008 3:05 PM

Oct 2006
I don't think the Vajra coming around so quick was quite as hard to swallow as the people being equally quick to side with them ("Hey guys, they protected us that one time... let's just forget all the tragedies in the past 24 eps." - people just don't forgive and forget that easily). Still, everything else was quite enjoyable. The high point in the show for me was when Michel died, but the episodes from then on through the end were still pretty awesome.

I had to stop midway through this one because I was laughing so hard though. The Macross 7 reference (Totsugeki Love Heart) just killed me, and I couldn't get that cheesy scene where one of the Macross 7 pilots sacrifices himself while singing that song out of my head. I ended up having to find it on youtube so I could explain to my kid brother just how corny and bad it was. That completely killed all the tension they'd built up to that point in the episode.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that Sheryl survived. Obviously I like her character quite a bit, but bringing her back right at the end cheapened the impact of all the developments and emotion surrounding her disease, I thought.
Oct 1, 2008 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
Krelian said:
I don't think the Vajra coming around so quick was quite as hard to swallow as the people being equally quick to side with them ("Hey guys, they protected us that one time... let's just forget all the tragedies in the past 24 eps." - people just don't forgive and forget that easily). Still, everything else was quite enjoyable. The high point in the show for me was when Michel died, but the episodes from then on through the end were still pretty awesome.

I had to stop midway through this one because I was laughing so hard though. The Macross 7 reference (Totsugeki Love Heart) just killed me, and I couldn't get that cheesy scene where one of the Macross 7 pilots sacrifices himself while singing that song out of my head. I ended up having to find it on youtube so I could explain to my kid brother just how corny and bad it was. That completely killed all the tension they'd built up to that point in the episode.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that Sheryl survived. Obviously I like her character quite a bit, but bringing her back right at the end cheapened the impact of all the developments and emotion surrounding her disease, I thought.

Can you please give the time of episode where the cheesy macross 7 happens?? PLEASE???

What you think of explanation of Lynn Min Mai?? page 5
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 1, 2008 10:01 PM

Oct 2006
In Macross 7, the scene is from episode 25 or so. Here's a youtube clip of the scene. It comes in at about 4:55 into the final episode of Frontier. I suppose it's more a reference to the song itself than that particular scene, but I remember it every time I hear the song's title =P

Re: Lynn Min Mai & the SMS owner, that's a pretty plausible connection. Not sure about him being a commander or anything though - that'd take a fair bit of time and effort to achieve, and once you pile the nearly 50 years of time until the beginning of Frontier on, it seems more plausible that he was just there as a fresh recruit. Unless the Zentraedi lifespans are significantly longer than their human counterparts - can't remember for sure.
Oct 2, 2008 7:15 AM

Jul 2008
Krelian said:
In Macross 7, the scene is from episode 25 or so. Here's a youtube clip of the scene. It comes in at about 4:55 into the final episode of Frontier. I suppose it's more a reference to the song itself than that particular scene, but I remember it every time I hear the song's title =P

Re: Lynn Min Mai & the SMS owner, that's a pretty plausible connection. Not sure about him being a commander or anything though - that'd take a fair bit of time and effort to achieve, and once you pile the nearly 50 years of time until the beginning of Frontier on, it seems more plausible that he was just there as a fresh recruit. Unless the Zentraedi lifespans are significantly longer than their human counterparts - can't remember for sure.

To refresh your memory, YES THEY HAVE LONGER LIFESPAN. They say something like 100 times more than a human. I think they can live 1000 years old. So it is very possible but Lynn Min Mai DREAM finally somehow came true. A NEW EARTH. ^_^
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 2, 2008 11:41 AM

Aug 2007
I have to say that I enjoyed the love triangle a lot more than the actual battle scenes. Maybe thats just me though.

Anyways, the plot was somewhat simple, it had great overall animation, and the fact that I really enjoyed this makes me give it a 9/10, since I thought that it was good, though a little cliche at times.

And I hate/love? how they left it with Alto not choosing either at the end. Oh well. Why hai thar imagination.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 3, 2008 1:12 PM

Mar 2008
Fantastic ! Completely fantastic ! That orgy of songs and battles was truly epic ! So the vajra and the humans understood themselves to eliminate Grace !

And seems Alto choosed both since he said "you're my wings". Nothing really changed between the trio, and i doubt it'll different in the movie.
Oct 3, 2008 8:01 PM

May 2008
Loved the slap scene, felt rather karmic to me, but the rest of it was too flashy and over the top. So much so I was LMAO more than anything else. And considering that Grace came back from nowhere for absolutely no reason at all before, she can come back yet again to haunt the rest of the cast for just as bad a reason.

I will be agreeing that the ending felt a bit rushed. Maybe the series should've been pushed to 28 episodes like some believed to have been true.

Oct 3, 2008 8:03 PM

Nov 2007
I really hope all of the songs are released in OST2 (and possibly OST3). Some great medleys and duets in the last ep particularly, but there's been a number of songs not on OST1 that I really want.
Oct 3, 2008 8:46 PM

Oct 2006
And considering that Grace came back from nowhere for absolutely no reason at all before, she can come back yet again to haunt the rest of the cast for just as bad a reason.

I'm assuming that's some combination of cloning and cybernetic implants from the scene where you first see her being revived after she dies for the first time, but I kinda doubt she's coming back since Galaxy was destroyed and she doesn't have her supporters in Frontier (Leon) or the Vajra behind her.
Oct 3, 2008 10:02 PM

May 2008
On the right track, yes. But more to it than that.

My opinion on that stems from the episode that Grace came back after being consumed by the world eater device. It was known she was on that world, and there was no mention of survivors at all, yet she's back on the Frontier and no one acted the least bit surprised that Grace was there when she should have been dead. The only explanation I can think of is "because the director says so", which doesn't sit well with me with a series like this. But since it happened once, it can happen again.

And just because she apparently doesn't have her supporters on Frontier anymore doesn't mean she doesn't have supporters elsewhere. If done right, it can work for a return of Grace for revenge (or any other half baked and/or recycled reason the writers can come up with).

Oct 4, 2008 9:57 AM
Dec 2007
Alto is assisted till the end, even when he has the future of mankind in his hand, he just can't do anything by his own, he' basically an awful character.

Well, overall, with this final episode, Frontier redeems itself a bit, after some terrible climax builders, but still doesn't come even close to the original Macross or Macross Plus. Interesting thing is that even the creators of the series do not want to choose a definite ending for the series, on top of Alto not choosing a girl. Ah and there were explosions, lights, fights, music, songs (even two at the same time at one point!) and special effects everywhere in this episode, that was soooo nice (sarcastic of course).

Well, disappointing can describe this whole series, even more a "trainwreck" for me than Code Geass, since it seems to have lost any coherence and direction (it kind of had one in the beginning) in the second part. But that was still somewhat interesting, very close to Aquarion in the end, more than any former Macross series. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 4, 2008 10:08 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode the music was great, can't get enough of it. and the way they blended What 'bout my Star? and Lion was amazing damn this was a great show. the battle scenes were epic and with the songs it was just a perfect blend. i loved the ending, but it was too perfect which is odd for an anime, hey at least it couldn't have disappointed anyone in terms of ending except for the complaints of it being perfect. i wonder who he picked or if he just isn't into either one of them. at least with this ending fans from either side just have to wonder or just pick for themselves i think that's nice because fans can't get angry at the result.

Even though macross frontier was made as a 25th anniversary special i think it became a good series that will stand out. this was a spectacular show and i hope the movie is great or even better.
Oct 4, 2008 3:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
so late... was so busy last few weeks..

anyway, good to see the Vajra reconcile with humans.

We finally discovered that the Vajra have feelings and the reason they wanted to kill humans was actually because they want to "rescue" Ranka from a race that they initially couldn't understand. In Vajra's eyes, they were doing a good deed. However, they finally understood humanity and then decided to live in harmony with them, even letting them settle on their own homeworld.

To anyone who thought that the humans trusted the Vajras too fast, let's recall that they had no choice but to believe them in that desperate situation. Even if they didn't trust them, what could they have done other than trust them? On top of that, the fact that the Vajra protected the humans to show their atonement is something that should inspire trust. After all, IF the Vajras wanted to annihilate the humans, we have seen that they would have done that ALREADY. When Grace summoned all the Vajras, Vajras warped in EVERY CORNER of the galaxy. If the Vajras really wanted to invade they would have done that long time ago. That proved my views that the Vajras were somewhat on the "defensive" more than "aggressive" mode. In fact, Vajra only attacked Frontier to retrieve Ranka. That explains why Vajras didn't attack Earth before.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 4, 2008 11:42 PM

May 2008
Excellent Series.
Oct 5, 2008 2:14 AM

Apr 2007
Entertaining ending, which is just what I was hoping for. Overall though still pretty much a disappointment; poor antagonist(s), fairly uninteresting cast, and the plot lacked direction and focus for nearly the entire run. Though, the BGM and insert songs (in particular) were exceptional, and the battles were fairly engaging; also the CG for once wasn't an eyesore.

Anything that makes CG look acceptable is a winner in my book though. 7/10 in the end (I'd actually say 6.5, but alas, no decimals), good ideas haphazardly stitched together but bookended by some exciting action and great music.
Oct 5, 2008 10:57 AM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
so late... was so busy last few weeks..

anyway, good to see the Vajra reconcile with humans.

We finally discovered that the Vajra have feelings and the reason they wanted to kill humans was actually because they want to "rescue" Ranka from a race that they initially couldn't understand. In Vajra's eyes, they were doing a good deed. However, they finally understood humanity and then decided to live in harmony with them, even letting them settle on their own homeworld.

To anyone who thought that the humans trusted the Vajras too fast, let's recall that they had no choice but to believe them in that desperate situation. Even if they didn't trust them, what could they have done other than trust them? On top of that, the fact that the Vajra protected the humans to show their atonement is something that should inspire trust. After all, IF the Vajras wanted to annihilate the humans, we have seen that they would have done that ALREADY. When Grace summoned all the Vajras, Vajras warped in EVERY CORNER of the galaxy. If the Vajras really wanted to invade they would have done that long time ago. That proved my views that the Vajras were somewhat on the "defensive" more than "aggressive" mode. In fact, Vajra only attacked Frontier to retrieve Ranka. That explains why Vajras didn't attack Earth before.

Yes, friend it seems even me I got tricked by Grace, it shows we can still be manipulated easily and as such people like Grace take advantage of it. I guess I am a ticking time bomb after all.
Oct 5, 2008 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
Over already? I want more!!!
Oct 5, 2008 2:01 PM

Jul 2008
Vatra_Wolf said:
Over already? I want more!!!

Wait till the movie or get some stuff from the INTERNET. I am getting it although YOU NEED TO LEARN TO READ JAPANESE!
Oct 5, 2008 9:35 PM

Jan 2008
The episode seemed a bit rushed and the battles were good but easy to win. It was an OK kind of episode. The anime had better episodes. Overall a good/OK series. 7/10.
Oct 6, 2008 8:13 AM

Sep 2007
I felt the ending was ok. Overall, the series was fun.

I was angry Michel died. I like Klan's character, and didn't wanna see her sad and crying.

I was angry when Sheryl didn't die. They'd been building it up for many episodes that she had a infection and was going to die, then nothing.

I felt a bit cheated by that, I guess. There are still a few things that feel unfinished.

I think the series definantly needs a movie sequel, or an OVA or something.

However, even then, I still won't get over the fact that Michel died and Sheryl got to live.

I agree with the previous poster that said Michel's death was the high point. For me, it was his confession before he died that did it.

I actually stopped watching the series after he died, and waited a few days to finish it, because I honestly felt that it was probably going to be the high point.

They showed Michel and Klan as kids playing, and to me that established at lot of who they where, especially why Klan likes Michel. Killing Michel off was probably a bad idea, especially when they decided to keep Sheryl.

I feel like I am talking in circles, so, I'll stop there, since I think I made my point.

Overall, a good series. Hope they do a movie or an ova. There's also the chance the manga will go differently, which in this case I hope for.
Oct 6, 2008 8:40 AM

Jul 2008
Kaioh said:

I was angry Michel died. I like Klan's character, and didn't wanna see her sad and crying.

I was angry when Sheryl didn't die. They'd been building it up for many episodes that she had a infection and was going to die, then nothing.

I felt a bit cheated by that, I guess. There are still a few things that feel unfinished.

However, even then, I still won't get over the fact that Michel died and Sheryl got to live.

I agree with the previous poster that said Michel's death was the high point. For me, it was his confession before he died that did it.

I actually stopped watching the series after he died, and waited a few days to finish it, because I honestly felt that it was probably going to be the high point.

They showed Michel and Klan as kids playing, and to me that established at lot of who they where, especially why Klan likes Michel. Killing Michel off was probably a bad idea, especially when they decided to keep Sheryl.

I feel like I am talking in circles, so, I'll stop there, since I think I made my point.

Overall, a good series. Hope they do a movie or an ova. There's also the chance the manga will go differently, which in this case I hope for.

Me too I was pretty much mindfucked about how this world is if people like Michael can die in future 1000s years away. Really got me like you so I get you. In the end Michael's face remains in me even after finishing this series.
Kaioh said:

Me too I was pretty much mindfucked about how this world is if people like Michael can die in future 1000s years away. Really got me like you so I get you. In the end Michael's face remains in me even after finishing this series.
Oct 6, 2008 5:51 PM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:

If Vajras are willing to forgive the humans for killing so many members of their own species and are willing to sacrifice even more for the humans, and if the humans are still bent on destroying them, that just proves that humans are bastards.
Oct 6, 2008 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
LAH-Foton said:
wakka9ca said:

If Vajras are willing to forgive the humans for killing so many members of their own species and are willing to sacrifice even more for the humans, and if the humans are still bent on destroying them, that just proves that humans are bastards.

QFT! And just to add on, I thought it was kind of interesting that if humans were really set on conquering the Vajras and justifying it by saying it is for survival, it kinda feels like that humans were becoming Zentradi-like, except by using reasoning. I can see how being suddenly attacked by Aliens would promote distrust, but then again, there's room in life for forgiveness, right? Anywho, just my two cents! (= Any other thoughts?
Oct 6, 2008 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
dontthinklive said:
LAH-Foton said:
wakka9ca said:

QFT! And just to add on, I thought it was kind of interesting that if humans were really set on conquering the Vajras and justifying it by saying it is for survival, it kinda feels like that humans were becoming Zentradi-like, except by using reasoning. I can see how being suddenly attacked by Aliens would promote distrust, but then again, there's room in life for forgiveness, right? Anywho, just my two cents! (= Any other thoughts?

I think the meaning may also be that history tend to repeat itself but it takes change with everyone and not domination to move forward.
Oct 6, 2008 8:01 PM
Jan 2008
This was the first Macross in the series i have watched, although not sure if it was to smart to start watching the series with Frontier, with a few scenes and characters related to past Macross', but nothing like a little reading up did'nt solve. The show really impressed me, the animation was awesome, most the characters where likeable, had some good character development and some awesome music to go along with the action, which complimented each other perfectly, the last episode being a prime example, which blew me away.

Have to say though, i agree with what people are saying with the death of Michel, it seemed like an unnecessary killing off of a character, it did'nt propel the story forward that much in all honesty, all it made was a pissed of yet sometimes emo Klan who had some kickass scenes afterwards, some flashbacks and Alto / Klan wanting revenge which was overlooked by other aspects of Frontier's story. Only significant thing about it was when Klan was using Michels VF in he last episode and tossing the sniper to Alto to kill Grace with, but even then, if Michel had been alive it could of just been him in Klans place to throw the gun to him.

As much as i liked Sheryl, and she was my favourite character, i thought it should of ended in her death (Wanted Alto to die though tbh, he did'nt deserve to be with either Ranka or Sheryl), the ending would of been so much more epic, tragic and overall emotional if it had been so. Like someone said previous, half way through the series, it was building up for the eventual death of Sheryl, then by some miracle from Ranka who just suddenly develops powers beyond that of just being able to communicate with Vajra, Sheryl is healed. Kind of a cheap way to end that in all honesty.

Overall though the ending was good, it left it open, of course to appease both sets of fan but left it open directly for a movie to take place. With a movie on the way, and if it's a direct sequel and not a retelling of the story plus added scenes, i'd say we will get our answer to who wins the little love triangle, but to be honest i hope theres an OVA or two set after frontier and before the movie to develop abit more on the romance side, how the people are adapting to living on a new planet and give us some taste of the awesome music and set up for the movie.
Siliane89Oct 30, 2008 10:13 AM

Oct 6, 2008 8:12 PM

Jul 2008

angel999 said:

I think the meaning may also be that history tend to repeat itself but it takes change with everyone and not domination to move forward.

Ahh! Yeah, that's a good point, that Kawamori was probably trying to get at.
Oct 7, 2008 7:47 PM

Oct 2008
hmm...angel may be right :o
Oct 9, 2008 4:19 AM

Apr 2008
It's no original Macross, but was really good. Honestly the only question I have left is what the identity of the SMS owner is.
Oct 10, 2008 1:57 AM

Apr 2007
Epic. The whole series was, fantastic stuff.

For now the show gets a 10/10 from me, for enjoyment value exceeded 10. Plus the music!

I want more... .___.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
LAH-Foton said:

The Vajras were a hive mind so their sacrifice probably wouldn't seem all that great to them. There were enough of them to launch an attack against humans in all parts of the galaxy so the numbers lost there would be extremely small.

I spent most the series hoping Alto would choose Ranka in the end but that changed when she confessed to him then immediately left with Brera. Unfortunately I cant say I wanted him to be with Sheryl because she needed to die. There was too much of a build up to her death to not let it happen. I find it sad that Sheryl got to live while Michel died with very little effect on the plot. Whats worse is I'm a huge fan of major characters dieing so I should be more than okay with his random death. The series was amazing until the end where everyone that should have died lived.
Nov 5, 2008 5:17 PM

Nov 2006
I think I was caught up in the music too much to pay attention to the battle progression. Looking back, it was a bit fast, but I still love it XD
Nov 30, 2008 2:41 PM

Jul 2008
Wow i am glad i catch up this serie. i was worried that i wont understand much because i didnt watch the old macross seires, but now i am really glad i watched it.
A great ending, never saw a aniem with this much music featuring for a mecha anime. Of course its a pity that alto didnt choose anyone, but i still like it. If it was me i couldnt really decide either.
Overall a really awesome anime, great mecha fights, romance and musics. 10/10 for me.

Dec 13, 2008 4:54 AM

Oct 2007
quite a dissapointing ending for me, the regular "i wont give up" O.o...whatever. show 9/10
Soundtrack 11/10 ... that was amazing :O added so much to the anime.
Jan 10, 2009 11:30 PM
Nov 2007
I still love the soundtrack...

Also the ending... is that it?
Jan 24, 2009 8:10 PM

Apr 2007
Can you guys say polygamy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2009 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
Ending was epic, the only thing that bothered me a bit was the fact that he didn't choose neither of them at the end, yet.
Feb 10, 2009 9:38 AM

Jun 2008
Haha, the alien guy at the end had a picture of Minmay which he checked.
Feb 10, 2009 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
yeah the ending was a bit bothersome... but the movie should hopefully clear it up (it is confirmed to be a tv adaptation... not a sequel)
Mar 24, 2009 5:30 PM

May 2008
Tear jerkingly epic. I cried multiple times watching this show and especially at this last one.

Flawed, a couple of ways not fitting my personal tastes as do many anime.
But simply beautiful. There's a good chance I like it more than Gurren Lagann as far as Mechas go.

Really, this in fact is quite possibly the best Mecha I've ever watched.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Sep 2008
Man, I got chills the entire episode.. with all the singing and music played in the background, the fight scenes and dialogues.. Damn, loved it.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 7, 2009 7:51 AM

Mar 2009
Overall nice anime. there were only some parts that I didn't like. First one is Ranka. Maybe the most annoying main character in any series. She should be near 17 and still she looks like 12 year kid. WTF? Hopefully if they make movie they don't make AltoxRanka couple. It would seem so akward.

Second thing I didn't like was the animation for mecha and space craft. They looked like cheap plastic. I prefer much more drawing style in Gundam SEED and Gundam 00.

Third thing is characters overall. They were too shallow and cliché to me. Ranka's brother was few of the better characters and I liked him. Maybe his voice actor has something to do wit it =P (Kira from Gundam SEED/Destiny)

Overall I would give this 7.5 because story wasn't bad and the soundtrack was quite good. (even though Gundam SEED/destiny soundtrack is still unbeatable) =P

KillerMan91Apr 9, 2009 12:37 PM
Apr 16, 2009 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
KillerMan91 said:
Second thing I didn't like was the animation for mecha and space craft. They looked like cheap plastic. I prefer much more drawing style in Gundam SEED and Gundam 00.

I just finished the show. I'm blown away. When I started and saw the opening for the first time I thought "oooooooooooh no..." at the cgi 3d mechs. I did get into it though. That last ep was just amazing. I love this show; the music, the songs, the characters, the story, all of it. Definitely beats campy Gundam 00 and Geass.
Apr 29, 2009 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
haha kampeki
i think its was perfect 10/10 masterpiece
its my first time watching a macross series and i have to say it was awsome
and as a fellow gundam fan i can say this anime was better (wel i still like a lot gundam w tou)
i was happy watching the opening 1 and 2 fused with the battle ....well i was a bit surprised by te gigantic ranka and when sharyl and ranka were flying alongside alto
"you 2 are my wings" ....he didnt choose....oh well no ones is sad
i think i`ll watch macross 7 XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 30, 2009 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
superb ending...... maybe the movie will solve the triangle maybe not..... but in my hopes i will realy want to see the movie opening a new chapter in this saga!!!

i will hate to see this saga end with macross frontier just because they fount a planet ..... but anyway that`s just my hopes
Jun 3, 2009 8:20 PM

May 2008
Much awesomeness to this show, very good to the fans. I will now await the next Macross no matter how long it takes...
Jun 4, 2009 9:06 PM
Apr 2008
I cant stop singing along to the songs while watching it. Haha. Good ending by the way.
Jun 19, 2009 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
Haha, at the end he chooses both 8D
But my word, epic battle right there. Great series and looking forward to the movie.
Jun 24, 2009 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
Oh my that was pretty great. I loved the song and outfits. Some of those scenes were outstanding. Can't say whom he chose in the end really, I would vote a threesome then if his ass is not going to pick. I expected it though. I'm glad Brera didn't die and I'm excited for the movie! I'm going to miss Macross <3

8/10
Jul 3, 2009 4:01 PM
Apr 2008
Pretty good series. I always thought that either Ranka or Sheryl would die and thus become a tragic hero of sorts, but it seems that I was proved wrong at the end of the series. Oh well. The final battle was pretty awesome, explosions n shit everywhere; who doesn't love explosions?

I did feel some similarities to Top wo Nerae in the final two or three episodes with how there's the whole "save humanity with a huge scale space battle with aliens"-aspect.

I give the series an 8/10. "Meh" story and uneven animation, but good characters, overall spectacular production values, a nice love triangle, and best of all, great soundtrack highlighted the series. Just a few small problems that prevented me from giving the series higher than 8. :-\
Jul 4, 2009 1:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I don't use the word epic often but there's no other way to describe this episode, or even the whole series. This was a fabulous watch with awesome music and visuals. 10/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.