Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2012 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
I actually made this as part of my finals in Food Principles II. Turned out okay, though most of it I did on a whim without any recipe written down... Anyway, I'll give you a basic idea. Change what you need for your own taste.

Equipment needed:
Food Processor
Skillet or Deep Fryer

Crab Wontons/Crab Rangoon

Square Wonton wrappers (about 3 sq. inch ones)

12-16 oz crab meat, or artificial crab meat
2 packs of cream cheese
Green onions (about a bunch)
Fresh Garlic (probably 4-5 cloves, or 1 tbsp. of minced garlic)
Salt/White Pepper to taste

Oil for frying
Eggwash for brushing
(Eggwash: 1 egg, 1 cup water)

If not already cooked and ready to eat, go ahead and cook your crab by steaming it.

Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined, kinda like a paste.

Have a bowl of water or eggwash ready. Place a spoonful of the crab/cream cheese mix in the wonton. Brush the edges with egg wash and fold diagonally corner to corner to close and seal. If you have round ones, you can use a dumpling folder to make each one.

Brush each one with eggwash and fry in oil until just lightly browned. You don't need to cook them well done, just enough for the crunch. Watch out for splatter, since any cream cheese that happens to escape the wonton will cause the oil to pop.

A variation I see, but don't really recommend for those who don't cook much, is folding the sides in to make a little cup or bite-size bag. Although this is a nice design, the oil is more likely to pop because of the exposed cheese, as well as some could tip over, causing the contents to spill out. To cook the top, just spoon a little hot oil over the top, then dry out excess oil with a paper towel.

Another variation is to use the full-sized wrappers or even egg-roll (lumpia) wrappers and roll them egg-roll style. Start about 2 inches from the corner and spoon a suitable amount. Fold the corner over and roll up to halfway the wrapper (make sure to roll them as tight as possible, but not too tight that it comes out the sides) Fold both side corners into the middle, then finish the roll. You can angle the fold a little inward so the sides are uniformed to the wrapper roll.

Serve on a bed of shredded cabbage for presentation. If anyone has an idea for a dip, let me know.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.