Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 19, 2010 10:48 PM
Oct 2008
I just couldn't get over the fact at how terrible I felt for Kotoko the entire time...I have a hard time believing she'll be able to put up with things like this her entire life. I mean, could you? Sure, she got the guy, married him, and had his kid, and found a meaningful career for herself, that's all fine and well...but it annoyed me how Naoki never really got the stick out of his ass. I just feel like one day down the road Kotoko might snap after all the hard work she'd put into the relationship with Naoki doing...almost nothing. This is just the realistic approach to me because who can really sustain themselves for that long without losing faith in the relationship? But in context of this anime where Kotoko seems to be the emotional Energizer Bunny, maybe his little OOC snippets of affection are just the little carrots she needs to keep herself motivated in life. Maybe in the anime world, but I can't give this pairing my blessing. She works too hard for too little.

On the other hand, she married him knowing what she was getting. You can't go into a relationship expecting to change the other person, that's for sure. Ya get what ya see, and maybe she was okay with that.

Naoki reminded me way too much of my ex-boyfriend. Maybe that's why I hated his character so much. XD
Jul 12, 2010 11:01 AM

Jun 2010
Kyaaaa ! This manga was just so cool ! I loved it, even thought the line art isn't that great, the anime was very nice to watch. ;D
I actually finished watchin' it the day I've started !
Mmmh ! 'Doughter's so kawaii, nee ? =^_^
Jan 7, 2011 8:38 AM

Aug 2010
azmaty said:

I actually finished watchin' it the day I've started !

I watched it it and finished in one night (thank you, insomnia) - but it was worth watching. After half of eps I thought "oh my, so many things has happened, I expected it to develop slowler, what they want to put in the next 12 eps?...". And it was totally beyond my expectations. A lot of love, hesitation, fun, jealousy, torment and -finally - happiness. To sum up: I loved it :)

p.s.: if you watched Sailor Moon
Oct 29, 2011 4:54 PM

Aug 2011
beautiful series, last episode was alright. ahh i came a long way from not even looking at her love letter to raising a family with here.

anyways i gave it a 9/10 i really liked it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
I liked the ghost plot :D
Apr 9, 2012 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
Ugh zzzzz had to force myself to watch this episode
Sep 29, 2012 6:16 AM

Sep 2011
This show is so overrated 5/10.
There should have been more focus on some of the side characters.
BryanBosslingSep 29, 2012 5:42 PM
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Oct 15, 2012 4:14 PM
Aug 2009
Heh....First time actually watching an anime with a perfect ending o.o

Well Clannad maybe
Nov 30, 2012 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode but I wish it was more of a future than flashback episode. I wonder what their daughter would look like as a grown up
Jan 6, 2013 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
I wish Kotomi got more screen time. Her personality and gags with her mom almost make up for Naoki's annoying personality for 4/5 of the show. Also, they've been married for 7 years and Kotoko still calls Naoki Irie-kun? That's a bit awkward...

Overall, a solid series. I love the concept of following the couple from high school until family life, but I wish the couple could've been more appealing. 8/10
Apr 1, 2013 10:50 AM
Dec 2012
the best rom com anime i have ever seen! it shows their whole story. its beautiful. i couldnt have asked for a better ending.
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Jul 4, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2012
The show felt that it end last episode and this was more an ova/special episode, which still was funny and just to see her child and everyone around her being so happy just made it amazing!

This whole anime really made my day, it has just the perfect setting and feeling I always look in slice of life romance anime's and well this one sure had all the aspects!
The great difference in character and story development up to the 24th episode was just amazing. The pace was really lovely, even though the art was a bit out dated for when it was created it was still really lovely to watch and it felt totally right up until the end!

Anime such as these are just masterpieces for me therefor a 10/10!
Aug 1, 2013 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
I absolutely loved this series.

9/10
Oct 13, 2013 5:38 AM

Oct 2010
I dropped this show after episode 14 where they had a wedding. I think none of the characters have any real personality. It seems like they are just following a script rather than having believable emotions and actions. She is the stupid, naive, clumsy girl hopeless in love with a random guy for no good reason.

Naoki hardly shows any emotion. He's like a robot. And his decision to get married was awkward. He's just suddenly saying romantic things that sound like a corny script to me. He should have at least showed some embarrassment or hesitation like a male tsundere.

I didn't think Kotoko showed any reason why she should like Naoki, especially for so long. It had to be shallow reasons, like his being smart and handsome. They tried to show Naoki as being more kind and caring than before, but it hardly seemed like anything truly kindhearted. It was less than the minimum you should expect from anyone.

I am really puzzled by how well liked this seemingly generic romance is. Even my friends on MAL who tend to have similar tastes to me liked this show. I thought I'd find it to be at least average, but I have to give it a 4/10. Strange...
Nov 19, 2013 8:28 PM
Oct 2010
Great anime, it's definitely worth to watch.

BTW, dropping on episode 14 and coming to episode 25's discussion to complain out of pure spite is... well, stupid, honestly.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 10, 2013 12:13 PM
Mar 2013
Loved the little competition act Kotoko and Kotomi had with Naoki. Both of them were very cute ^_^

And d-d-did Naoki just wink at Kotoko? That actually felt kind of awkward lol, I wasn't expecting that from him.

No new kisses this episode unfortunately, but still an enjoyable episode.

Overall I enjoyed the series, but there is one thing that really ticks me off. Kotoko is married to him, has a child with him, but...

SHE STILL CALLS HIM BY HIS LAST NAME!!! WHY!?!?! CALL HIM NAOKI ALREADY!

Total Kiss Count: 14

Naoki x Kotoko: 11
Kin x Chris: 3

And with that it's time to move on to another series.

But I just want to add a side note. I just finished Full Moon not to long ago and I think that if Naoki was in that anime he would've been the perfect doctor to fix Mitsuki's throat problem. ^^

emeraldrosaryDec 12, 2013 5:46 PM
Dec 12, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
Ajunky said:
Great anime, it's definitely worth to watch.

BTW, dropping on episode 14 and coming to episode 25's discussion to complain out of pure spite is... well, stupid, honestly.

I completely agree. I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. I know a lot of people don't like Naoki because he's cold but the fact is he's cold to everyone. It's not like he's only cold to Kotoko. If Kotoko loves him in spite of this fault in his personality, well more power to her. I also think Naoki has a lot to put up with when it comes to Kotoko. Since the two are making it work and seem to love each other in spite of their faults, I enjoy watching them try to work with their differences as a couple. Most importantly, the anime shows that both are growing as individuals and as a couple. Naoki's coldness has softened (not evaporated like some people wanted) and I think that's realistic.
Dec 16, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2010
Ajunky said:

Spite: A desire to hurt, annoy, or offend someone

What was spiteful about my post? Do you find it offensive if someone doesn't like the same things as you? I posted in the discussion thread... for discussion, not out of spite.

I posted here because the last episode thread is where everyone puts their thoughts on the whole show rather than just on a single episode.
Dec 30, 2013 1:19 AM

Oct 2013
I really like Naoki as a character, but honestly his romance with Kotoko seemed implausible at first. On the contrary, Chris and Kin-chan really hit it off well.

Well, they managed to convince by the end. Although the whole 'jealous of your child' thing left a bad taste, it kind of reminded me of Chibiusa and Mamoru from SM... anyway.

Kotoko shaped up a bit over the series, which I wasn't expecting. Though I agree with emeraldrosary, I feel like Kotoko called him "Naoki" at this point would just be... weird. She should have done it earlier, honestly.

Also Timofmars while I agree with you on some points, Naoki isn't really a tsundere. He's more of a kuudere (cool type). If he were tsundere, he would be more negative towards Kotoko, but instead he's passive and "cool" towards her. Often acting without a care for her, as it seems.

From UD:
Differs from tsundere since tsundere is when the character frequently runs hot and cold between tsun and dere. Kuudere is when the character only occasionally shows her caring side.
NisienDec 30, 2013 1:22 AM
Mar 27, 2014 8:52 AM

Oct 2013
Well we got a happy ending, that was a little bit creepy yet funny, i love it. They are a complete happy family now, and the scene when Kotoko and Mi-chan trying to get Naoki's attention at the train was funny, i'm sure that Mi-chan loves her dad so much, lol
Jul 5, 2014 8:01 AM

May 2011
the moment when u realise...he's DEAD. LEL
Rest in peace, Tada-sensei.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jul 12, 2014 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
DUnno how people can see this as romantic. Kotoko was so badly treated for the entire time, and, seriously, the man she "loves" is just an arrogant, jealous, misogynistic ass. And th ending, supposedly "happy" makes me roll my eyes because I know, and all the people know, that once you are who you are for years and years, you can't change. Naoki will always be a horrible person. Or maybe he's not HORRIBLE, but the type that isn't really born for romance and pink candies, there are people like that. But this show tries so much to turn him into a romantic lovely person it's sad. He even slapped Kotoko once or twice I don't remember. But the gesture itself screamed WRONG TYPE of dude. The way the anime make him look is what made it for me impossible to believe that he has even the slightest chance of eve changing to be what a girl wants. Lol...

What's even worse about this show is that it tries to picture Kotoko as a happy housewife who only wants to be a humble slave around Naoki's house. I know this is a very japanese picture a female traditional role or smth. This show makes you feel good and gives you an optimistic view on life? How can even people think like that? Kotoko for me is a like a huge huge pile of very low self confidence and very low self esteem. She's the embodiment of a weak woman with a father complex. Who ends up accepting a horrible person by her side, with whom she doesn't even belong, who ends up ruling her life becasue "she loves this". How can you take this crap as a GOOD MESSAGE????
MorridineJul 12, 2014 11:03 AM
Aug 8, 2014 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
Morridine said:
DUnno how people can see this as romantic. Kotoko was so badly treated for the entire time, and, seriously, the man she "loves" is just an arrogant, jealous, misogynistic ass. And th ending, supposedly "happy" makes me roll my eyes because I know, and all the people know, that once you are who you are for years and years, you can't change. Naoki will always be a horrible person. Or maybe he's not HORRIBLE, but the type that isn't really born for romance and pink candies, there are people like that. But this show tries so much to turn him into a romantic lovely person it's sad. He even slapped Kotoko once or twice I don't remember. But the gesture itself screamed WRONG TYPE of dude. The way the anime make him look is what made it for me impossible to believe that he has even the slightest chance of eve changing to be what a girl wants. Lol...

What's even worse about this show is that it tries to picture Kotoko as a happy housewife who only wants to be a humble slave around Naoki's house. I know this is a very japanese picture a female traditional role or smth. This show makes you feel good and gives you an optimistic view on life? How can even people think like that? Kotoko for me is a like a huge huge pile of very low self confidence and very low self esteem. She's the embodiment of a weak woman with a father complex. Who ends up accepting a horrible person by her side, with whom she doesn't even belong, who ends up ruling her life becasue "she loves this". How can you take this crap as a GOOD MESSAGE????

I completely agree with this 100%! This anime was cringe worthy at times. I have to say, you pretty much covered almost every fault, i wasn't even rooting for the main couple to get together tbh.. But when they did i kinda just shrugged it off..But people hate this anime for the reasons Cx.. Like for ex : The author couldn't just say, hey i wanna make my characters as NORMAL as possible, cause then that would be boring right? That would be like every movie out there! So instead she/he took the worst approach and somehow made it work i guess?
Sep 2, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
One of the best animes iv watched in a while :3
Sep 28, 2014 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it felt a bit more like an OVA than something else, but it was still great.

Irie have one hell of a family. Such a bunch of weirdos, but she always find a way to handle them :P

I would have wanted to see more of their life with Kotomi :(
Especially that childish rivalty between her and Kotoko xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 26, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2008
I do think this episode should have been an OVA rather than part of the main series, but this wouldn't be the first thing this anime has done wrong.

Overall I'd say I'm just glad it's over. 02/10

Aug 13, 2015 9:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ok episode, should have been an OVA instead. It felt more like an OVA since the show already showed the ending.

I didn't like any of the other 6 kids, but it was nice to see Kotoko go at with them. Calling out the red haired guy and the chick, funny.

II'll miss the show. Idk about you guys, for me starting a show is slow but in the halfway mark, I breeze through it and towards the end I slow down. It's a habit. For this show, I pretty much marathoned half of the middle part of the show.

Oct 21, 2015 10:57 PM
Sep 2015
Best ending ever
Apr 16, 2016 8:18 AM

Jun 2012
well and thats the end of the show.

honestly at first i wasn't sure what to think cause of the personality of irie really anoyed me so the beginning was bit hard to see trough but in the end it turned out pretty well even some other characters got maried and a kid and a relation that is still developing so that actualy made it worth it in the end.

8/10 would have been higher if they did more stuff with chris her kid and also with matsumotos relationship development but the way it is now is acceptable so it comes to a 8
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 5, 2016 11:18 PM

Jul 2015
All I can do is laugh at this show's entirety. This was complete garbage. I'm no feminist and I can easily hate whatever the fuck his name is. Treated her like shit, but I can't say I feel bad for her either because she was stupid enough to go through that bullshit and still marry him and have his kid. How do people love this show so much? Objectively, it's fucking garbage! Do girls really relate to this shit and feel good about it?!?!?
Mar 16, 2017 5:35 AM

May 2010
Annoying family.That ghost was nice tho. Liked when Kotoko owned everyone of them. Seriously tho, why would you introduce characters in the very last chapter and end it just here with only the main duo and their kid. All for the sake of some promise. I mean, okay, the ghost guy was good but the rest of them were kinda meh (except the grandma) I also disliked the grandpa. I cared more about the other characters more than some village family.

6.5~7/10 for this show.
TragicRomanceMar 16, 2017 5:48 AM
Apr 5, 2017 2:13 PM

Mar 2017
Ughh I'm still not impressed at Irie-kun

The grandpa (ghost) was so niceee.

6.5/10

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 3, 2019 12:28 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty sweet climactic ending, great backstory. Their child's personality is a lot like Kotoko's, but appearance wise she looks a lot like Naoki, haha.
Aug 22, 2022 3:53 PM
Nov 2021
so much beautifull but at first Naoki kun was just too numbat certain times
Nov 18, 2022 7:23 PM
Oct 2022
It was really funny but the same time beautiful character development♥
Mar 20, 2023 8:50 AM
Dec 2020
The main two were both the worst you can get, a simp and he didnt want her at all.. barely any non cringe interactions at the beginning but I loved the fact the anime went past marriage and continued until seemingly the manga was finished
May 18, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2021
this anime hits really differently ❤️
many people just hate the relationship between Kotoko and Irie but for me it's quite normal relationship not toxic or something else
I think I like this way maybe I like Hate love relationship lol
btw If this Anime gets a reboot version like "Fruits basket" and "sailor moon" I will definitely gonna watch the series again
I have different feelings for this anime
one of the best shoujo anime with complete story lines
I loved it
Am i only one here 😞?who didn't find it good meanwhile other mangas getting anime adaption 

And on the other side, those animes which sequels Haven't announced yet 😟like Ataksuki no yona, Noragami,Ao haru Ride 
It's been many years like we didn't get any announcement. every year I always make hope like in this new year atleast new season would come but ...no news
I wanted share my words just 
😟 Maybe I'm very greedy 
Jul 4, 2023 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't think I would enjoy this show this much. Kotoko and Naoki really came a long way.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 5, 2023 9:57 PM

Sep 2020
Enjoyable "final" episode! Was a good wind-down from all that celebration and excitement of the previous one.

Overall, the show was a lot of fun, but I felt it lost some of its edge in the 2nd half (I couldn't get over Naoki's sudden acceptance of Kotoko feeling a bit unwarranted). Naturally, it was rough watching Kotoko constantly bend over backwards for an emotionally abusive Naoki instead of growing a spine and finding someone more suitable (not Kinnosuke, of course).

But it was cool that it went past high school and college, to marriage and actually having a kid, though. Very sweet ending with ep. 24.

8.5 cold shoulders to cry on /10
SlammyHammyOct 5, 2023 10:02 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.