Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2008 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gah, Kyuushuu-ben. It was as if I was watching Ghost Hound or something.

Well, this OVA-lite episode was set before they had Kotomi but after they were married, and we finally know where Naoki gets his frigid attitude, which apparently came from his mother's side of the family (it looked like it skipped a generation with her though). And the genes were quite insistent (even the chickens are heavy-lidded and ornery).

Jesus, what an elitist group of bastards the Ichishikis are. Naoki's cousins thought he married his wife in the dark, the grandfather thought Kotoko was cursed, and is hell bent on "curing" her by working her like a mule throughout her stay in the mountains. Until she proves herself, Jii-chan won't recognize her as Naoki's wife. And the cousins tried scaring her with trumped up legends of unfaithful wives cursing future generations of wives who enter that clan. And Naoki, seems to be a kinder, gentler rat bastard this episode, blithely letting those people have their way with her while he tells her to "ganbatte" and junk.

All right, I won't spoil the rest, but this, in my opinion, was an excellent episode, probably surpassed the last one. The series, a pleasant twist on the whole shoujo genre, was a joy to watch as a whole, one of the few series this past season where I simply can't wait till next week to watch. I'd definitely recommend this series to anyone.
Kokujin-kunSep 25, 2008 1:58 PM
Sep 27, 2008 6:46 AM

Dec 2007
Looool! Just finished watching the m.3.0.w troll of this episode "OVgAy" (it's more than apparent that the head editor hated the episode: Warning, not for those easily offended!) I just couldn't stop laughing/dry-heaving. I still gotta say though, what exactly is wrong with this episode? It had everything people liked about this series, Kotoko being a dumbass, yet coming out on top in the end, Naoki being a totally out-of-the-picture, self-serving asshole, and on top of that Kotoko had to face a bunch of snobby country folks whose inbreeding coefficient seems suspiciously high. Can someone please tell me what exactly is wrong with this episode?
Kokujin-kunSep 27, 2008 7:07 AM
Sep 27, 2008 9:30 AM

Apr 2008
I want to see this episode with a real sub -_____-

Sep 27, 2008 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
I must agree with the subber. 24 would've been an awesome ending, and then they added this crap?

No, Itazura na Kiss had 24 episodes.
Sep 27, 2008 3:00 PM
Apr 2008
the crap subs were fine and i understanded most of what they said.
Sep 27, 2008 3:33 PM

Aug 2007
They are flashing back?!

THIS was supposed to be the original ending?

.....but.....but....this happened WAY back in the manga. Why in the world are they bringing this episode in now? Did they FORGET to air it when it should have been aired?

....0.o I am totally missing something here.

Sep 27, 2008 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
Aarana said:
They are flashing back?!

.....but.....but....this happened WAY back in the manga. Why in the world are they bringing this episode in now? Did they FORGET to air it when it should have been aired?

I guess the animators felt that since Kotoko was willing to put up with Naoki's personality, they want to see how she'd do against six more of them.
Sep 28, 2008 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
Aarana said:
They are flashing back?!

This actually happened in the manga and is out of order? Even more reason to not air this and just release an OVA.
It was okay but completely redundant.
Sep 28, 2008 1:55 PM

Dec 2007
EPIC fansub. Really. A good reason for actually not to skip this episode :D
Sep 29, 2008 8:55 PM

Sep 2007
Pretty funny episode though they should've aired this a lot earlier. But as it stands, it doesn't REALLY hurt the show much...

7/10. Had some laughs and all but was I the only one who thought the director did pretty bad in convincing us Irie's feelings had really changed? I just felt it was too sudden that whenever Irie became 'nice and romantic,' it just made me want to laugh D:
Sep 29, 2008 10:06 PM

Jun 2007
Aarana said:
They are flashing back?!

Well except for the parts with Kotoko's kid :). But I agree, this should have been labeled as an OVA or something. I think the writers ended the series earlier then expected so they had to toss some BS ep in at the end. What better way then to use content from the manga and edit it to have some original content in it as well.
Sep 30, 2008 2:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It was a nice episode, a good way to end things.

At first I was skeptical about the art and it took me a while to get into it but I enjoyed the last episodes and all the gags. 7/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 30, 2008 2:40 AM

Jul 2008
Not as good as the last episode, but a happy happy ending. This isn't my usually type of show but I enjoyed it. 7/10.
Sep 30, 2008 3:12 AM

Jan 2008
well, i think this is an OVA..

what are you all complaining about?.. the series is good enough.. ^^

shh.. i gave the series a flashing 10, a masterpiece.. ^^ shhh..
Sep 30, 2008 6:13 AM
Jun 2008
in the end after the ending theme someone said something in Japanese, I didn't understand everything. Could someone tell me what they said, I didn't even see any characters that said it
Sep 30, 2008 8:14 AM
Mar 2008
kuroshiroi said:

It was okay but completely redundant.

I agree.

@naadde..At the very end, after the theme, there was a small note thanking the mangaka for her work. There wasn't any speech, just a note.
Sep 30, 2008 8:55 AM
May 2008
I just think of it as an aftershot to the anime...OVA type thing. I still think episode 24 was the ending ending...but this gave us some more background. I really enjoyed this anime. It was something like a soap opera! haha!
Sep 30, 2008 9:27 AM

Aug 2007
Tyblazitar said:
I must agree with the subber. 24 would've been an awesome ending, and then they added this crap?

No, Itazura na Kiss had 24 episodes.

Agreed. This episode was totally redundant.
Sep 30, 2008 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
10/10 from me.
It was a brilliant series all in all, and it was great how it followed Kotoko and Noaki from high school and untill they started working. Great stuff.

About this episode, it was a nice ending to the story :)
Sep 30, 2008 10:43 AM

Aug 2008
Good, predictable episode...and I disagree with some of the people w/ respect to Irie's mom...she has the same personality, she is just a litte bit better in moderation. Remember what she did to the wife of the honeymooning couple? I think it just happened to be that she LOOOVED Kotoko. Anyone else who seems to get in the way of her plans, she can get really nasty. That's why she's my fav. character in the show.
Sep 30, 2008 11:57 AM

Oct 2007
I felt this was more of a "special" episode, which is why i'm not disappointed by it. the real ending (episode 24) was a really really good way to end it, and this episode was reallly cute as well.

I really enjoyed this series SO much. It's one of the best shoujo's ive seen.... ever. <3
Sep 30, 2008 12:13 PM

May 2008
Can't wait for the OVA..

No more Itazura Na Kiss though, so saaaaad :(
Sep 30, 2008 1:23 PM

Apr 2007
Awwww Kotomi is just so competitive, I love her so much. xD lolis ftw~
Nice way to end things, I really enjoyed the ride, and in the end I'm giving it a solid 8. Nice series ^_^
Sep 30, 2008 4:20 PM

Aug 2007
it was more like a filler.

OVA, i want you~
Sep 30, 2008 5:15 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't realize it was a flashback episode. Okay, it makes more sense now but I still didn't need it. It would have been better to end the series with episode 24.
Sep 30, 2008 6:10 PM

Aug 2007
Im really glad that it was more like the manga than the Live Action was. It was funny and cute,

But definitely didn't deserve to be the last episode. Definitely OVA status.

Sep 30, 2008 7:39 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I don't understand what people are fussing about...

OVA or last episode...does it really matter.

Awesome series.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 30, 2008 7:53 PM

Feb 2008
hmm well it was a cute ending...the whole ghost thing felt out of place but its the last episode. everything was resolved so i guess they could do whatever they want.
Sep 30, 2008 8:51 PM

Sep 2008
at first i hated the fact they followed up such an awesome episode as 24 with this 'flashback' but when i watched it again -- with proper subs -- i'm actually content with it. had it not aired, i would've wanted more of the anime. this episode was just the right amount of 'the things i wanted to see' and 'the things i didn't care for.' seeing the three of them together was cute. the flashback was pretty dumb but i understand the sentiment behind it. the episode ended at the right point where i would have liked to see what happened next but glad it ended. clever trick, indeed.

and maybe it was because the animators were trying to make him look older -- or this was really just an extra episode because they ended too early and didn't want to put as much effort into it -- but irie didn't look as handsome as he did in the earlier episodes. the animation seemed to lack a bit.

anywayyy hmph, still kinda want that 26th ep haha
Sep 30, 2008 9:30 PM

May 2007
If you think about it like a full episode epilogue, then it doesn't hurt. With all of grandpa's training, do you think Kotoko actually became a capable mother?
Sep 30, 2008 9:36 PM

Jun 2007
Maora said:
it was more like a filler.

OVA, i want you~

it was very fast paced too, nevertheless it was still good;
I hope there will be OVAs showing more of their life together :3
it is never boring ;D

going to miss INK~ D:
Oct 1, 2008 12:15 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't mind this episode at all.

The only complaint I had, was that I was more expecting a finale episode, and this really seemed more like a mid/late season episode and as a fan of the series I sorta wanted some closure, especially since there is really no chance of a second season unless they just make up stories with a different writer.

All in all, decent episode, just was hoping for something else.
Oct 1, 2008 8:36 AM

Apr 2007
Wtf this shoulda ended at episode 24! I'll just consider 25 an extra.

Overall it was a great series! 9/10

Oct 1, 2008 3:45 PM

Feb 2008
It was a nice adventure. ...
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 1, 2008 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
At first I was disappointed to have an episode like this, but by the end I was very satisfied. It was a nice touch, although it felt more like a special X)
Oct 1, 2008 10:02 PM
Nov 2007
i just have to say i really enjoyed watching it and the ending did not disappoint me at all. i gave it a 10 because it was a great show and this is now one of my favorite animes, different from other ones where it ends with the couples being boyfriend/girlfriend or married that's why i liked it well i guess it is time to say farewell to this fabulous show

Oct 2, 2008 12:05 PM

Nov 2007
It was a nice ep :D as always, but its kinda weird that this is the last ep, episode 24 was a better ending, but i enjoyed this episode :D and i really loved this anime T_T too bad it's over
Oct 2, 2008 12:49 PM

Jun 2007
katsup said:
I felt this was more of a "special" episode, which is why i'm not disappointed by it. the real ending (episode 24) was a really really good way to end it, and this episode was reallly cute as well.

Yeah 7/10 :D
Oct 2, 2008 7:00 PM

Feb 2008
Kotomi drove me crazy. Her voice and her interaction with Irie. <--my only complaint

The entire show was very predictable, but fun. The last episode definitely embodied that aspect of the show. The dry humor from Irie's family made me laugh, and Kotoko was in character. It was a good way to end the series.

For those that read the manga/ know more about the show: One thing that bothered me the whole time was Kotoko never calling Irie by his first name. Is there any reason for this, besides her idiotic disposition? I was expecting that to be a point in the final episodes, but it never came up.
Oct 3, 2008 7:56 PM

Nov 2007
This wasn't a bad episode, but it definitely doesn't work as well as the last one did for the finale. Overall though, this was a really nice series; I really loved that we could follow a couple past marriage, for once (how many times do you see a married couple as the main characters in anime?). It had its flaws, but I would definitely recommend it to others who like shoujo.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Oct 3, 2008 11:04 PM

Jun 2008
haha.. i like this episode.. really funny!! hahahaha....
Oct 5, 2008 8:16 PM
Jul 2008
Yeah so this episode did not make much sense...so now kotoko is clairvoyant ...wow...I think they should have just left it at 24 episodes because this just makes it seem like they added in a filler episode on the very end of the series. Strange
Oct 6, 2008 10:41 AM

Apr 2007
And so it comes to an end. This episode felt redudant and a bit out of place like others have commented, but the end with the ancestor greeting Kotoko's daughter had something special in it.

I admit me and Itazura na Kiss had a not so nice relationship along the way. At first Irie annoyed me, then Kotoko annoyed me, then his family annoyed me, then everyone else annoyed me. But then, what came after the marriage kind of gave me a new perspective. I could understand Naoki a bit more, and I could understand Kotoko a bit more. Both have somewhat annoying personalities - Kotoko didn't seem to have any goal in life that did not involve Irie, but then, it's not like she exceeded in anything. Irie gave her motivation to do something, and she actually ended up liking what she chose and she dedicated herself to it.

Naoki has the personality of one huge jerk, but he's learned to actually be a decent guy because of Kotoko. It's not like he'd be getting a new personality any time soon - so everytime he greeted her with a "Oh man, what do you want?" face, he was just being himself, and it's not like he actually meant harm. The last few episodes he was so dedicated and concerned and I could see that he really loved her, and that's what counts, because for a long time, I simply could not see their relationship.

A beautiful story of a progressing, and ever-growing love. Although it annoyed me, and it frustrated me, and I still would love to pretend women like Kotoko and men like Irie do not exist, they do, and the end of this one story was satisfying enough.

For making me cry at such simple and fulfilling end, I'll be giving Itazura an 8.

One thing I really liked was how the characters weren't outstanding, and practically models. Some were not really good-looking, but got their happy endings too. And that's something you do not see every day.

One complaint though:

WHAT THE HELL, CALLING YOUR HUSBAND BY HIS LAST NAME SO MANY YEARS. WHAT THE HELL, KOTOKO.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

And that's it.
MaxwellLilyOct 22, 2008 7:05 PM
Oct 6, 2008 9:33 PM

Sep 2008
it was good ,should have been an ova tog
it was good and katomi is very cute
i liked very much this anime i actually was way to much in it
cant imagine having to wait for every chapter, how painful

hope to see a movie
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 8, 2008 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
AngelLily said:

One complaint though:

WHAT THE HELL, CALLING YOUR HUSBAND BY HIS LAST NAME SO MANY YEARS. WHAT THE HELL, KOTOKO.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

And that's it.
i have to agree.. thats bothered me for awhile too o__O like come on XD
this ep was pretty interesting.. but yeah it was pretty random :/ mehh. time to finish off the drama version XD
Oct 8, 2008 5:59 PM

Oct 2007
;] well, I for one really enjoyed this episode, it was out of order, but as a fan of the manga, I was glad they showed it. I was sad that some of the great manga scenes were cut out, but this makes up for it ^__^

Oct 25, 2008 2:22 AM
Oct 2007
ghost?

That was weird.

Pretty good series though. 9/10
Nov 8, 2008 3:37 AM

Apr 2007
Boo for the supernatural elements, but yay for an extra ep. I would have preferred it thou if it was an actual ova episode, instead of calling it episode 25.

9/10, even thou I have been rating it 8/10 until episode 23, 24 bumped it up. A great series where no other has gone before, will be remembered.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2008 12:47 AM

Aug 2008
I absolutely loved Itazura na Kiss.
I loved Kotoko, and completle understood why she loved Irie. Liked him very much too!

I would have loved for this serie to be longer, so to go slower and show us more of their life!
And I too would have liked for Kotoko to call Irie by his first name.

By the way, this last episode helped me to end smoothly this series and calming the feel of wanting more. And this episode actually happened in the manga too so it is not filler.

But Itazura was LOVE!!
Feb 1, 2009 3:09 PM

Aug 2007
Overall this was a pretty good anime. I <3 Irie-Kun. He's my type of guy. lol.
I thought it was funny how their daughter ended up looking exactly like Irie-Kun.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.