Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2009
jeroz said:
one fun trivia

next week is the 10th of June.
Wow...
Jun 2, 2012 12:26 PM

Mar 2011
jeroz said:
one fun trivia

lolufotable what kinda timing is this?!

This.. can't be coincidence.
Jun 2, 2012 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:
jeroz said:
one fun trivia

Wow...

Not sure if intentional or coincidence ....
Jun 2, 2012 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Welp, it was nice knowing you Rider. You're still one of the best characters on this show.
Jun 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2010
Irisviel....That was one disturbing scene at the end O_O

Well as much as i rather see Archer die instead seems like Rider time is up; tho the fight should be epic
Jun 2, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode,the final battle begins!!

The scene between Weaver and the old man was great and he is right,nothing in this world is worth dying for....

Kirie FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

What she did to Iris was unforgivable!!! Only to make Kiritsugu suffer.....FU!!

My favorite this episode was obviously Weaver scene with Rider,now that is a great friendship!!
Rider is the bro everyone wants!! Well maybe that is Samwise Gamgee but he is close!!

The scene of Iris inside the grail was disturbing in many levels....but now they had become one.

Next episode the epic battle begins,what makes the novel awesome...ITS GOING TO BEGIN!!!
Jun 2, 2012 1:08 PM

May 2012
I really hate Kirei. I know it's fiction and so on but that character touched my "I want to kill you" heart's part.
Overall it was more than decent. The only thing that lacked this episode was the Saber-Kiritsugu scene. I was hoping for far more, but I guess next episodes will compensate that (21 minutesx3 for only 3 battles - Saber x Berseker, Rider x Gilgamesh and Saber x Gilgamesh is too much, that's why I think so).
Epic isn't exactly describing this episode, but it's definitely close to perfection.
Waver and Ryder scene was really 11/10. Dropped a tear at Ryder's face after saying "we are friends".
The old "grandpa" guessing that Waver isn't their son. +1
So far, my favourite team - Ryder x Waver. I'm glad they live for one more week.
Prediction: I think I'm going to cry next episode.
Overall: 9.5/10
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 2, 2012 1:16 PM

Mar 2009
ssjokg said:
stAtic91 said:
jeroz said:
one fun trivia

Wow...

Eh? I feel like I'm missing something. Is there some kind of holiday on 10th June?
Jun 2, 2012 1:27 PM
Apr 2010
Trenerka said:
Eh? I feel like I'm missing something. Is there some kind of holiday on 10th June?

I wouldn't call that holiday, but

@TheWitcher- don't forget about really long epilogue;)

Jun 2, 2012 1:40 PM

Mar 2009
Soark said:
I wouldn't call that holiday

O-kaaaaaaaaaaaay.

ssjokg said:

How did it go? "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable."
Jun 2, 2012 1:45 PM

Jun 2011
jeroz said:
one fun trivia

Erm... what does that mean exactly?

Edit: Never mind. Found out.
Jun 2, 2012 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
Judging on how much people hate Kirei for "killing" Irisviel
I'm guessing people will all start hating on
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 2, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

And then we will have to explain everything.

And Iri was going to die either way so hating Kirei for THAT is irrational.Kirei made Kiritsugu a favour by killing her instead of letting him kill someone he loves again.

@Trenerka
What?
Jun 2, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
It was just a matter of time when Iri was going to get the axe. Still a sad moment in any case.
Jun 2, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

And Iri was going to die either way so hating Kirei for THAT is irrational.Kirei made Kiritsugu a favour by killing her instead of letting him kill someone he loves again.

@Trenerka
What?

That scene with Illya was great.
"It will never happen to you."
But she may be a little bit
to understand the suffering Irisviel would have to go through to ensure that.
BloodRequiemJun 2, 2012 2:38 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 2, 2012 2:42 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

@Trenerka
What?

What do you mean?Surely she didnt understand was going on what i dont get what you mean by that....

nvm....
Jun 2, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

@Trenerka
What?

What do you mean?Surely she didnt understand was going on what i dont get what you mean by that....

The charming Gilgamesh was a
Jun 2, 2012 2:44 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

@Trenerka
What?

The charming Gilgamesh sure was a

Oh I see what you did there...
Jun 2, 2012 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder if they are still gonna use CG for Berserker next episode.
Jun 2, 2012 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
I wonder if they are still gonna use CG for Berserker next episode.

Since the CG are used for Someones Glory,they will probably change it when he draws
.Wonder how the change will be made.
Jun 2, 2012 2:59 PM
Apr 2012
Kirei was awesome in this episode
and rider/waver their scene was awesome my favourite servant and master
Jun 2, 2012 3:18 PM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

Does that make a difference when

Jun 2, 2012 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
What's on June 10th?
Jun 2, 2012 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Totentanz said:
Nice move there, Kirei, putting up Berserker against Saber so that he can deal with Rider without them interfering.

It's quite interesting in how many cases characters are motivated by the wish to wipe out the from their point of view illusionary and pathetic ideals of certain people and to prove them wrong. The first one was Waver who opposed to Kayneth's belief in the dominance of bloodlines but until now Saber has been the biggest target of this kind of endeavour by Rider and Kiritsugu. Ironically, the wish to destroy the latter one's ideals becomes Kirei's final motivation in this war and judging from what has happened until now it is safe to assume that Kiritsugu's ideals will not fare better than those of any of the other participants. Kirei is the exception here as he neither possesses any ideals like Saber and her master nor does he follow a certain moral code like Kaneth and Tokiomi and he certainly seems to be favoured by the writer as he is the most successful in the game.

I could expand on this a little bit. Gen Urobuchi, at least in Fate/Zero, seems to be a nihilist. It might seem that he favors Kirei, but that might be because Kieri has yet to realize his idealism, a more sinister form of Archer's ideal of enjoying oneself. In reality, Gen Urobuchi really favors Waver. Let me explain.

Fate/Zero is claiming that virtues shouldn't exist, by showing the consequences of natural progression of these virtues. The servants, masters, even Irisviel and Maya--all are destroyed by themselves, specifically their so-called virtues. I mentioned Irisviel because the end scene of this episode is a perfect description of the end of her salvation. Gripping.

Interestingly, we have two exceptions, one which makes no sense, the other fits in perfectly with the central concept of Nihilism. The pair of Caster and Ryunosuke have followed the high ideal of violence and though both succumbed to it, they had a 'happy' salvation. This pair is a complete enigma to me. The other exception, Waver, makes more sense. Though Rider imparts his ideals to Waver, Waver doesn't make them his own. Instead, Waver becomes a stronger person, while realizing how puny he is the thick of all things. Waver realizes that there is no ideal that can provide him with salvation, thus Waver develops into the Ubermensch that Kiritsugu never could.
Jun 2, 2012 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
LostHanyou said:
What's on June 10th?

The death of Alexander the Great.
Jun 2, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Thess said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

Does that make a difference when

Jun 2, 2012 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
This episode pretty much confirms the fact that the Waver/Rider combo is the only set of characters I still have an interest in, even if they didn't get much development either. Also Kotomine, but I suspect some of that is what lingered from F/SN. The scene where Waver used up all of his command seals was amazing. I will be looking forward to what will apparently be Rider's last battle.
Jun 2, 2012 4:02 PM

Sep 2010
MissileSoup said:
This episode pretty much confirms the fact that the Waver/Rider combo is the only set of characters I still have an interest in, even if they didn't get much development either. Also Kotomine, but I suspect some of that is what lingered from F/SN. The scene where Waver used up all of his command seals was amazing. I will be looking forward to what will apparently be Rider's last battle.

Waver was probably the most developed character after Kirei in Fate/Zero. Rider was also developed, but it's more subtle, it'll make sense in next episode.
Jun 2, 2012 4:36 PM

May 2010
Kirei, YOU MOTHER FUCKER i know Irisviel didnt have long to live but what he did was uncalled for, i hope Kiritsugu rip him a new ass hole
Jun 2, 2012 4:43 PM
Feb 2012
Great episode is great.
Jun 2, 2012 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
Hydnlife said:
Kirei, YOU MOTHER FUCKER i know Irisviel didnt have long to live but what he did was uncalled for, i hope Kiritsugu rip him a new ass hole

You should have thanked Kirei for killing Irisviel

Also "I Hope Kiritsugu rip him a new ass hole"
Hahahahaha
BloodRequiemJun 2, 2012 4:54 PM
Jun 2, 2012 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Hydnlife said:

Hahahahaha

well Kiritsugu
Jun 2, 2012 5:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
BloodRequiem said:

Indeed. I think it's good Kirei killed her. Otherwise it would have been much worse.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 2, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2011
Looks like the big battle is coming.

Feel sad for Irisviel death though...
Jun 2, 2012 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
Decided to watch the ed all the way through this ep for the first time and damn that hit me pretty hard. Poor Iri..

Alexander and Waver just lol.. so much bro. Great scene.

Next week the action's back and I am so looking forward to it.
Jun 2, 2012 5:41 PM

Jun 2011
must..not..read..anymore..posts..too..tempted..to..read..spoilers.. DX Must delete everything I've read here from my mental SSD.

That 10th of June planning/coincidence is f'ing unbelievable tho.. :o
Jun 2, 2012 5:43 PM
Dec 2010
I'm gonna buy a figurine of Kirei just so that I can chop him up SAW style.

Apart from that, relatively good episode. Didn't really explain the whole ley-lines/holy grail thing properly but meh. Waver does another stupid thing, probably his last.
Jun 2, 2012 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
newnar said:

Apart from that, relatively good episode. Didn't really explain the whole ley-lines/holy grail thing properly but meh. Waver does another stupid thing, probably his last.

There are four gates in Fuyuki where the Grail can be summoned:
Ryuudou temple(where Kiritsugu was),Tohsaka mansion,the church and the city council hall.

Leylines are paths of magical energy or mana that go through those places.BloodRequiem,Thess or Leon-gun can probably explain it better...

And what do you mean by stupid?What he did was probably one of the two most clever things he did.The other is
ssjokgJun 2, 2012 7:08 PM
Jun 2, 2012 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
newnar said:

There are four gates in Fuyuki where the Grail can be summoned:
Ryuudou temple(where Kiritsugu was),Tohsaka mansion,the church and the city council hall.

Leylines are paths of magical energy or mana that go through those places.BloodRequiem,Thess or Leon-gun can probably explain it better...

And what do you mean by stupid?What he did was probablyone of the two most clever thing he did.The other is

@ssjokg.He probably meant Waver using all his command spells.

@newnar
There are 4 places where the grail is suitable to be summoned to and that's where the ley line crossing are the most favourable.
1.Church
2.Ryuudou temple
3.Tohsaka mansion
4.Citizens building

And no. It is not a stupid decision to give up on the war.
Even though the commands were very general they still gave Iskander some boosts considering they weren't against his wishes.
Also refer to Rider and Waver's little chat in the forest and Waver and old man scene on the roof.
With rider: "Boy, if we have knowledge about the grails nature then I have no objection against you risking your life. But we don't even know what it is."
With old man: "I don't known how important what you are doing is to you, but nothing is worth risking your life for"
(somewhere along those lines)
These two conversations are basically massive shits taken on top of Kiritsugu's ideals and life which you will see in a few episodes.
BloodRequiemJun 2, 2012 7:21 PM
Jun 2, 2012 7:18 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

@ssjokg.He probably meant Waver using all his command spells.

Thats why I said it was a clever thing to do.
Jun 2, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2012
My impression about this episode.

Waaa Waaa!!
Jun 2, 2012 7:39 PM

Sep 2007
Spoilers. Spoilers everywhere.
Jun 2, 2012 7:48 PM

Aug 2009
Finally caught up.. Looks like waver finally came back home walking. That grandpa scene was real ;;

Damn wuts with all the neck grabbing in this anime Lol
[right]

Jun 2, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
Hydnlife said:

Hahahahaha

well Kiritsugu

Jun 2, 2012 8:02 PM

Aug 2009
Thess said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
Hydnlife said:

Hahahahaha

well Kiritsugu

If you put it that way yeah.
Jun 2, 2012 8:05 PM

Aug 2011
Shit's about to get real.
Jun 2, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
to be honest though, don't think Waver is into the grail any longer. It makes sense for him to cut ties with Rider since he sincerely wanted Rider to succeed and so far he's been nothing but a hindrance (from his own point of view) to him. He will probably never get to prove himself, but the experience and the life lesson he obtained in this tournament is probably greater than anything he'd hoped for.
Jun 2, 2012 8:23 PM
Dec 2007
jeroz said:
to be honest though, don't think Waver is into the grail any longer. It makes sense for him to cut ties with Rider since he sincerely wanted Rider to succeed and so far he's been nothing but a hindrance (from his own point of view) to him. He will probably never get to prove himself, but the experience and the life lesson he obtained in this tournament is probably greater than anything he'd hoped for.
He was never into the grail. He wanted the Grail because he wanted Kayneth to acknowledge his talent. With Kayneth dead, a tournament full of demented Masters (murderers, terrorists, old men who'd torture their own family for shits and giggles, you name it), and a Grail that sounds to be less and less enticing by the moment, I'd say it's normal he'd pack his bags. His heart was never in it. However the 3 Commands carry a big message in Waver's intentions. He was giving up but he wanted Rider to win and accomplish his goals. So he chose precisely the three things Rider wanted: Victory, The Prize of the War (a real body so he could remain in the world), and to conquer the world.

Jun 2, 2012 8:31 PM

Feb 2009
Wasabi said:
Spoilers. Spoilers everywhere.
Like every F/Z 2nd season episode discussion out there. Nothing unusual now. It's always the same people doing the spoiling. We're still missing at least two more people I think.
belatkuroJun 2, 2012 8:37 PM
Jun 2, 2012 9:19 PM

Aug 2011
Great build up episode to the big finale! Can't wait for the last 3 that will conclude Fate\Zero. I am blessed to witness this show.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.