Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 20, 2014 1:54 AM

Jul 2012
I liked the ending, I'm sorry for Sora, but her death created some good scenes (the one with the phone is just perfect)
Oct 27, 2014 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
Sad.....good anime though.

8/10
Dec 3, 2014 6:30 AM

Nov 2011

What kind of a shit end was that?
I was expecting the cliché voice-out-of-nowhere-and-turn-around-and-close-up-smirk. That would have been way better than THIS end.

It got good with the time skip. I just love these "_ years later" things at the end of anything. But they ultimately ruined it RUINED IT JUST LIKE THAT.

JUST LIKE THAT.

And that song Yasuko sang (titled "Shimokitazawa") --- MAN that's a crappy song.

Mavz0r said:
Okay, there's something seriously wrong with this. "I wonder where Sora Suzuki works nowadays", and more of that. All I could think was "Did she die? No wait, she suggested she's alive. Wait, he said she's dead. But, now he says she's alive!" - seriously.

u fkn srs?
Only Hara-sensei, Saori-sensei, Gouta, Sora, and her mother know, as shown in the anime.

Almost a passing grade, just because it has proved to be the most realistic slice-of-life and that it knows how to do emotional realism very well. Also for the backgrounds, but you know. It's not some big studio like MADHOUSE for the budget, so........fuck. What unfortunate times.
zetsu_shorenDec 3, 2014 6:37 AM
Apr 16, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
Tender, sensitive...the end made the anime disconsolate. Profound and
beauteous work; the plot were sluggish and captivating, the atmosphere were deep.

Excellent.
We're just the boys and girls that think they always know...
Apr 22, 2015 1:25 AM
Apr 2015
I liked the scenery and show overall, it just felt like it had some pacing issues... the first few were too slow while the last few episodes had too many doses of sudden drama. I feel like the world wasn't fleshed out enough in terms of explaining how magic works and this is why I felt dissatisfied by the ending. Still, this was an enjoyable show and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the characters such as Asagi, Morishita, and especially Gouta, who has joined the list of my favorite male protagonists. I'd like to try reading the manga someday to see if the ending there is better, hopefully it'll get picked up by an English publisher like the first two Someday's Dreamers (I wish...)
Jul 31, 2015 1:23 AM

Nov 2013
Tragic. The romance build up feels natural to me
DannyTheDonkeyDec 29, 2017 7:18 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 26, 2016 10:22 PM

Sep 2012
why Gouta didn't went with her to hokkaido? why he never ate tomatos and drank milk with her? aaaah i cried so much
rorcualJun 26, 2017 12:47 AM
Feb 1, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
I was wondering how it could end, and it ended in a very good way.

Gouta visiting Sora to tell her about the things he saw, just like Sora did for her father. It was very sad to see him as he meet Sora's mother, but he didn't knew who she was as he didn't got a change to meet her.

I'm wondering if Kuroda, Asagi and Yamabuki do know that Sora has died...
Jun 2, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
I had the impression that Sora had the potential to develop the ability to heal others, but Gouta wasn't good enough for that. What i think happened, was she never recovered from the lightning storm and toughed it out until getting back to the tree. It's the 'one with great power and/or kindness has a short life' trope.

Oh yeah, Gouta was looking for a very particular tree, Sora's mom had a hunch and knew where it was, so obviously she figured it out.

The animation was very cheap in this series, as it was in the original (mouth often just opened and stayed open when they spoke).. in this one, facial expressions were awkward and inaccurate, however my tolerance for poor animation has gone up over the years.

Story-wise, it seems it spent a bit much time in lesser relevant stuff and rushed through more important things, but it was good overall.

I liked the dolphin sound in the last frame as a hat tip to the original series.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 19, 2017 9:37 PM

Feb 2010
Sad ending, makes you feel kinda like "why couldn't they live happily together ever after"

But I loved it... the ending had balls. Not like that certain anime with magic orbs and shit.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Oct 17, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
what a pointless waste of time.. it went from a long and slow nothingness with lazy art to an out of nowhere twist of her dying.. like what the hell was the point of this crap
Oct 10, 2019 12:09 PM

Aug 2012
I'm really quite mixed on the turn of events in this series. Without a doubt it's depressing to have Sora die and it definitely affected me. But I'm frustrated about it too, mainly because it comes out of nowhere and a really nice relaxing show with a nice simple romance suddenly turns into a tragic melodrama in the last 3 or so episodes. All hints towards Sora's health were very small beforehand, it definitely would seem as though the Mother was aware the whole time.

I just don't know how to feel, other than completely bummed out. The characters were really likable in their own subtle ways and the development of them all was similarly subtle but nicely paced. Her dying felt like a cop out to get some serious drama thrown in and it worked in terms of its effect, I marathoned the last 7 episodes and the twist certainly helped in that. But I don't feel satisfied, just emotional pain at the unjust sad ending to a really nice young girl's life.

I've seen this series and it's rubbish predecessor tagged as Iyashikei, the original series is a badly executed version of one of these. But in the case of this spin-off/sequel I feel like I was sold a pack of lies. I don't feel healed or relaxed, just depressed with a heavy heart. This is not the outcome I signed up for.

I had the series on 8/10 throughout pretty much and I will probably stick with that. But man fuck reality, fuck realism and fuck killing off Sora!! : (
Jun 17, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2017
that ending hit me in the feels god damn. some good shit right here. need to rewatch this in the future.
Jul 19, 2020 10:54 PM

May 2017
No tears for this one, all my tears were spent on Angel Beats!
May 31, 2021 8:19 PM

Dec 2019
The ending ruins the uniqueness this series had.
Jul 19, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2018
Did Sora die in her mother’s arms? OMG!! That’s so incredibly sad. I hate Sora died. I really loved the Gouta X Sora romance.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Nov 13, 2022 5:21 PM

May 2014
watching this was such a strange experience, it felt like being stuck in the first chapter of a book and then it skipped to the end. i didn't feel any sense of urgency for the drama or anticipation for the romance. there was no build up or development of anything and then it hits me with melodrama when the story hasn't managed to tell me almost anything interesting about these characters

it doesn't help that this anime doesn't hide that it's low budget at all. i like the stylized photo backgrounds but the weird tight framing of characters and the way they avoid having characters walk into frame or face away from the camera to avoid animating them while speaking was so distracting. the visuals and character designs are pretty drab even separate from the animation

just not a very engaging anime in almost any way, i did like the music though
Apr 11, 2023 4:30 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 3   
[Art/Animation] - 3
[Sound/Music] - 3
[M-Character] - 5
[S-Character] - 3
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 3

Wow did not think I was going to like this show much but each eps I started to like it more and the vibes I get form watching this is similar to other anime like BECK and many others. I Really liked this show was sad at the end knowing what happened to her, both main character's were great.
CcCharlesApr 22, 2023 2:43 AM
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Apr 2019
Definitely one of the worst anime I've ever watched. The worst part is a Slice of Lice, and a Slice of Life being this bad is sad. This anime has so many flaws that it's not even worth mentioning...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 18, 2008

20 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 6 Discussion

lostty - Aug 26, 2008

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 3 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 16, 2008

28 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 4, 2008

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:55 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 6, 2008

15 by GRAYLIGHTNING »»
Sep 21, 2022 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.