Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Was anyone else pissed off that Shinichiro chose Hiromi Yuasa?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 8, 2015 11:12 PM

Feb 2015
Lucky, I Was Rooting For Hiromi The Whole Time.
Mar 8, 2015 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
The only thing to remember this anime even today :that the wrong girl got "picked" ,just lolz.
Literally this is all there is to this series.
Apr 9, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
I was rooting for Hiromi as soon as her arc was resolved. People complain about her being a bitch, but the fact that she made many wrong decisions, lied and expressed her jealousy made me feel that she was much more of a real character as I watched the anime. Noe, on the other hand was just plain annoying and immature at the beginning. While she underwent character development at the very end, it was too late for me to like her at the end, although I do sympathize with her.
May 17, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2014
Ummmm, the happy go lucky / clumsy chick never wins in a love triangle in anime. I have never seen it. (I have seen it with animes adapted from a VN, but those are always random).

Yeah.... they never win.....

Given, the shy/boring chick never wins either..... But she won in this case so something had to give.

I could have care less about the main love triangle since they were three bland and cliche characters. I was more focused on the other love triangle.
oooo3333May 17, 2015 10:25 PM
Jul 26, 2015 6:35 AM
Jul 2015
I honestly would've been fine with either one winning Schinichiro's heart. The only thing that confused the hell out of me was the ending Noe scene. At first I honestly though she was gonna kill herself (I mean c'mon, those waves looked frikkin DANGEROUS!) but then that 'happy yet still a bit sad' look on her face made me realize she was progressing steadily and just enjoying life. It was a good bittersweet ending, though I personally did not understand exactly why the writers made the ShinxHiromi choice, as Noe was more logical from an emotional standpoint.
Feb 16, 2016 3:48 AM

Jan 2016
Just finished watching this.. It should be Noe!!
May 6, 2016 6:31 PM

Oct 2014
Noe is too fucked up. Girls like that need a few years to sort themselves out and become strong again, not a boyfriend who enables their maladaptive defence mechanisms.
May 27, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2014
nstyn4te said:
Noe is too fucked up. Girls like that need a few years to sort themselves out and become strong again, not a boyfriend who enables their maladaptive defence mechanisms.
Yeah, I mean Noe has her good points but she was really affected by the death of her grandma and she couldn't make friends. I believe that she should make some friends first, rather than finding a boyfriend to mend her heart as you have mentioned. =/

I liked Hiromi, although she was quite bland (lol), she kind of suits me more than Noe, though I don't deny that both were pretty good pairs with Shin.
Jun 5, 2016 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
This is one of the few animes where the long hair heroine wins at the end. i actually thought Hiromi will end up cutting her hair at the end rofl.

either Noe nor Hiromi was fine by me but hiromi seems more of a better choice since his feelings for Noe are not true love and is just blinded by love

the MC was kinda like an idiot and a douche (that changes his feelings randomly)

Jun 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2015
Noe best girl, should have been her. I would choose Noe. Noe influenced MC's life quite a bit, he wanted to draw the picture book for Noe, he wanted to dance for Noe. Hiromi was like the crush you had in middle school, just because she's pretty.

But it's all good, that just means Noe can be with me instead.
Jul 20, 2016 10:19 PM
Sep 2011
ooo333 said:
Ummmm, the happy go lucky / clumsy chick never wins in a love triangle in anime. I have never seen it. (I have seen it with animes adapted from a VN, but those are always random).

Yeah.... they never win.....

Given, the shy/boring chick never wins either..... But she won in this case so something had to give.

I could have care less about the main love triangle since they were three bland and cliche characters. I was more focused on the other love triangle.

I wanted to reply to this post because it's exactly what I'm thinking .

I was also more interested in the other love triangle . The Hiromi,Shin,Noe love triangle is very good but I've seen it many times before. What made this love triangle interesting for me was the development of the three characters particularly the two main girls .

But I found the Miyokichi, Aiko, shin love triangle far more interesting ,The Hiromi,Shin,Noe love triangle uses too many metaphors and relies on complex situations and tragic backstories making it very melodramatic and more animeish because of the amount of angst the characters go through. unlike the former, the Miyokichi,Aiko,Shin love triangle doesn't use external factors or tragic backstories to develop the characters. It relies much more on developing the flaws of the three characters and how they all end up hurting each other because of their of lack of mutual understanding making it's much more realistic than the main love triangle and that makes it easier for the audience to relate to the characters because it's less melodramatic than the main love triangle. What makes this love triangle interesting is you actually end up sympathizing with all three of them. Unlike the main love triangle in which you're forced to choose sides and root for one character over the other. The Hiromi,Noe,Shin love triangle is much more formulaic and the one that's often used many times in romance/drama shows , it's more cliched.

White Album 2 uses the same idea as the Aiko,Miyokich,Shin love triangle in that the drama that happens is mostly because of the flaws of the three main characters but this one is far more superior to the Aiko,Miyokichi,Shin love triangle and it's much more realistic and extreme.

This is the type of love triangles stories that I prefer but I'm not saying that the first one is bad or anything.The main love triangle is actually well done.
Aug 2, 2016 2:06 PM
Feb 2016
Welp.....im droppin the shit at episode 6
Aug 12, 2016 4:55 AM
Jun 2016
Im a big chunnibyu fan so i was totally rooting for Noe but damn. Shin no baka!
Sep 13, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2016
I'm neutral because all the MC's love interests are far from perfect. No matter who he ended up with I couldn't say one couple was so much better than the other.

Hiromi and Ai-chan seemed selfish, but Noe was kind of a weirdo, and she endangered Jibeta's life. I think Noe was the best character at heart though, despite her quirks. However Shuichiro wouldn't have been happy with her because he loved Hiromi.

There's no perfect ending for True Tears.
You are now breathing manually.
Jan 8, 2017 1:13 AM
Jan 2017
Well I would say...Shinchiro should have chosen Noe...after all....I guess shinchiro with Noe and hiromi with noe's brother.....would have been the best....but it turned awfully disappointing to me....
May 11, 2017 6:44 AM

Sep 2013
noe was never a choice, she looks like shes 10.
Ai chan is a choice but she got rejected fast and gave up
so it is the correct choice for the anime it seems

i wish they would have made it harder to pick best girl, the anime seemed to make the decision for you and gave it to you in the end. The way it did it was so cringy too, these kids cant express any feelings lol
May 16, 2017 9:19 AM

Oct 2015
I was annoyed. I kept pausing and i felt like I forced myself to finish it.
I honestly don't see what they found appealing on that MC but their character developments are better than those overly dense MCs in those shitty harem animes
He made alot of poor decisions but i guess he did try to "fix" everything in the end so I'll give him props for that
Yeah bit pissed at the fact that he left Noe to dry like mid way i mean what happened to those "feelings" he had for her *poof gone right after 2 episodes?

P.S I don't know why alot of people have been dissing on her character like she looks 12 or something like that why? because she's not that developed? or is it because of her height i really can't relate to that since well I'm "tall"(im being sarcastic) in real life. i mean if you made hiromi shorter would that also make her look like 12? meh who cares of to another anime should probably look for one with less drama and less heartbreaks :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2018 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
I think it was the right choice. I hate Noe and Hiromi is a real good girl even if he is inecisive. I don't like MC either but man, he would be such an idiot if he chose Noe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2018 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
I just finished True Tears.. it was such amazing feelings rollercoaster that I had to watch all of it.
Author surely knows how to play on emotions of the viewers. IMO it was the right decision that MC chose Hiromi (it would be so stupid after that risky approach on bike in eps 10 to not choose her). However I also feel sorry for Noe. She was also good, adorable and cheerful girl.

I also saw there was special episode and it was kinda weird when at the end Hitomi cried in that small building. Do you know what happened there?
Dec 27, 2018 11:16 PM
Nov 2018
Shinichiro loves Noe, but his sentimentods are stronger and deeper by Hiromi, whom he loved the longer. Perhaps with more time shinichiro could rather overcome Hiromi, liking only Noe, but does not change his emotions so quickly.
Apr 12, 2019 11:15 PM

Aug 2017
Hiromi or Ai were fine. Hiromi was the promised one but I liked Ai.

Anyone but Noe.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.