Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2012 11:40 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again this series redeems itself nicely with 1 new character introduced and most of all Kaguya WAKES UP! FINALLY! YES! I was very happy and the end is worth it for the following,

Kaguya x Rick looked really sexy. I could not believe how I did not notice how perfect they may go together. Kaguya’s poses and faces were so sexy. I like her more now that she is awake. Her voice I approve too.

While the new character in the following,

Has exactly THAT about her! Cigarette smoking! Perhaps even rolled and who knows if it’s tobacco in there or some herb mixtures. Regardless it made one sexy appeal of her to behold. Not often shown in anime cause smoking = bad for teens. But anyway kudos to that.

Can't believe the pirates left the island just like that. WTF?

Looks like next episode will have Hans insert that key into the doll for some Chaos action? Let’s HOPE SO! Only 2 more Volumes to go before it ends. It would be wise to do that for max profits.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 31, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
Golden hair sexy woman... and the guy is embarrassed. The old woman also taught her, the outsider who lost her memory, too.

This ep. is everything about the guy worrying about the lost memory (can be tasted from the bread he made, too) and what to do when bad things to happen. With the talk with bar woman, pirate, and Kaguya who woke up, he lights up.

He delivered the bar woman a bread to thank her and the pirate for the talk. So the boy who went to the bakery was her son!!

The repair guy visiting the cat girl.

Another thief in the castle (the cat girl with the repair guy?) next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 1, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Kaguya waking up sort of this came out of nowhere. I thought they would have made it a bigger event.
Jun 1, 2012 10:30 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
This episode cleared up a lot of questions for me.

No, wait...sorry, wrong show.

Anyway...

Though it was slow, there was a point, that being that Rick continues to agonize over who he really is. Only, I agree with the pirate. Wondering who you are is pointless - you just are, and you take what is in front of you, not what is behind you.

Xiao-Mei catching a plate in her mouth - amazing reflexes ;)
Jun 1, 2012 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Worries about the past which is even more insecure because you don't know it Rick certainly got it thought.
Things we learned know is that allot of people washed ashore on this island and most of them don't seem to remember there past tho Kaguya's behaviour seems to suggest otherwise.
Somehow i think Rick is related to that big battleship which appeared before the pirate ship and i also think Rick and Kaguya are related to each other.
Jun 1, 2012 11:45 AM
Jan 2011
Well, if Rick is into Kaguya, I wonder as to what about Amil?
Jun 1, 2012 3:51 PM
Oct 2010
milf status. pirate was quite teh badass too

so is every new person who joins the community some wash up from far away?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 1, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
Lol, I started thinking just how many people were washed to that island? More than half population lol? Well, besides that it was a good episode. Xiao catching plates was cool lol. And what is she up to with Hank? Looking forward to next episode.

Jun 1, 2012 4:42 PM

May 2010
Finally some more plot i think? so it seem like o most everyone has wash up on shore without memorys and myb that why they dont want people pocking around in the sea, some i think Madera know what going on
Jun 1, 2012 4:59 PM
Oct 2010
KingCez said:
so is every new person who joins the community some wash up from far away?
Maybe everyone there is someone who washed up or a descendant from someone who washed up...

Maybe the island is a conscious entity who abducts people to dwell there, erasing their memories to reduce their will to leave... maybe it even enchants the local wheat so whatever is made from it produces an euphoric effect to better assure people's acquiescence (of course, the effect is even better in the hands of a good baker)...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 1, 2012 5:19 PM

May 2011
Anyone notice that the pirate guy has similar voice with Zoro?
Jun 1, 2012 5:43 PM

Aug 2011
SilentTruth said:

He IS Zoro.
Jun 1, 2012 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
I'm hoping we get to know Rick and Kaguya's past. And others as well.

Everyone who got washed up seemed to lose their memories. Their could be
some magic behind it.
Jun 2, 2012 8:25 AM

May 2011
Onion garlic toast sounds so good, I might be drooling now. I would prefer it over most other sweet breads. ;3 And yeah, the number of people drifted in from other places is crazy high. Kaguya still seems super out of it but at least it is nice to see she's out and about. I rather liked the interactions between Flora and Dylan. Much left unsaid between them but I do hope the pirate shows up in a time of need again.
Jun 2, 2012 10:36 PM

May 2011
TwinBrave said:
SilentTruth said:

He IS Zoro.

Ya I noticed that too, this guy's voice is awesome! It's a shame that they hire two awesome seiyuus for 1 ep supporting roles only. XD

So there are quite a few others who have washed ashore and have lost their memories. I am beginning to think there's a chance they all came from the same place. Seems like there might be some good origins coming out of this. Let's hope it can get a decent amount covered in 4 eps.
Jun 3, 2012 8:31 AM

May 2010
Well look's like there are some people who came to the island just like Rick !!

Jun 3, 2012 10:55 AM

Jun 2010
Yea I noticed Zoro's VA too.

Next episode looks like we be getting some plot lol. Finally..

Jun 3, 2012 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
I thin this some government conspiracy....its an island made of people who have washed ashore with no memories.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 12:31 AM
Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT was that BORING!

Ugh, this anime is all over the place and it doesn't know how to properly make good dialogue without making the story even more confusing.

I think this anime would've worked better as a slice of life, light hearted comedy or romance or something OTHER than what it is.

The "Story" or whatever they're trying to do is pretty weak, I'm not saying it's bad, but I will say it's badly made.
Jun 4, 2012 2:07 AM

Jul 2009
It feels like everyone that has been given a proper name might have been washed ashore.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 7, 2012 1:37 PM

Oct 2007
Lol, awesome Zolo has invaded this anime as well!
Jun 7, 2012 8:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Robbini said:
It feels like everyone that has been given a proper name might have been washed ashore.

nom nom nom....

People who washed offshore lose their memories. It is known. >_>
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 19, 2012 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
Forget Xiao Mei, Flora is even better. The pirate was pretty cool, hope we will see him and Flora again.
Jul 19, 2012 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
Pirate dude is awesome, blonde chick was cool too.

I also love the pirate dude's VA. no homo.

Doesn't seem like the plot is really going anywhere, but oh well.
Aug 3, 2012 4:58 AM

Aug 2010
Finally managed to bring myself to continue this...It seems the show is going towards an identity crisis for the male lead. I doubt it will handle it well. 2/5 weak episode, bad storytelling and dialogue.
Oct 4, 2014 5:02 AM

Mar 2014
Looks like Most of the cast(or the inhabitants) were washed ashore and can't remember fragments of their pasts as It's analogous as taking it as a new beginning to a life in the island .
Curiosity of the bewildered past and anxious seeking . The logic of "everything changes" .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2015 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
Apparently the shipwrecked on the island of Wyndaria emerge like mushrooms, LOL!
Episode not exciting, but still interesting, I'm sorry for Rick this time, because the character of Flora there is no tripe for cats, ASD!
The most interesting moment of the narrative is in the final.
Drawings and animations good, I always want to bread every time I see an episode of this TV series, who knows! XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 26, 2012

63 by Syureria »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2012

77 by syncrogazer »»
May 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 12, 2012

148 by syncrogazer »»
May 18, 2020 8:12 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

72 by AllenVonStein »»
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Jun 21, 2012

41 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 13, 2015 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.