MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (3) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 8 Discussion

May 31, 2012 9:43 PM

wow this was fricking' amazing! i was like yellig "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" ect the whole time at the computer prety loudly......the artuor is a troll for messing with us Q-Q,sooo goood i love Yuki Kodama for conflicting emotions

May 31, 2012 10:56 PM

pretty good, i liked how they did the flashbacks cause i thought they were going to be horribly rushed but they did a good job o: i was kind of hoping they'd show some of muroi playing the sax and jun playing the trumpet but eh it's alright xnx

"Ad astra per alas fideles."

Jun 1, 2012 1:11 AM

i love this anime

Jun 1, 2012 2:08 AM

oh nOoOoO why is it always sen???? ; ___ ;
he has a best friend who randomly throws tantrums out of nowhere, the girl he likes didn't even bother w/ him, & now the girl who used to like him likes someone else
i will cry if he ends up liking ricchan after all this B(( DON'T EVEN GO THERE SEN

oh & yurika has an appointment w/ a gynaecologist?? i wonder why...

Jun 1, 2012 2:17 AM

I really wish I hadn't read spoilers for this series after the third episode, because the tension created by this ever-changing love polygon is getting unbelievably high.

Granted, I don't exactly know how everything works out, but I know who ends up with who.

Jun 1, 2012 2:54 AM

Y'know, I don't really care who ends up with who; just that Kaoru and Sentarou stay best buds, in the end. First love's a bitch, but there'll always be more fish in the sea.

Jun 1, 2012 7:21 AM

is it too late for Sen? :(

Jun 1, 2012 7:27 AM

Kaoru is like the me i nvr knew D:. I love the way he drops hints like a boss

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Jun 1, 2012 7:41 AM

Uh oh, that's not go to end well...

Jun 1, 2012 7:57 AM

A pretty good episode and in response to the ONE GUY saying this is better than "Steins;Gate", no, it's not. Not even near. The series is good but not up to that level. (>,>)

Jun 1, 2012 8:23 AM

SYKGC said:
A pretty good episode and in response to the ONE GUY saying this is better than "Steins;Gate", no, it's not. Not even near. The series is good but not up to that level. (>,>)

it actually is. and exponentially a lot. you really can't underestimate the power of brilliantly-directed, well-written, and splendidly musically composed slice-of-life anime.

this and Usagi Drop are factually a lot better than S;G that even genre-boundaries-they-mustn't-be-compared-because-they're-different-shows couldn't disapprove. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

Jun 1, 2012 10:46 AM

dbaranyi said:
Back to too much melodrama and not enough jazz...

meh. even though the jazz is one of the aspects of the show that makes it so fun and enjoyable, i believe it's a form of expressing their feelings that build up in all the teenage drama because it's so much more enjoyable and accurate than words and actions. it have a purpose but isn't really the central focus of the show.

Jun 1, 2012 12:32 PM

Another great episode. Yurika is a great character. Imagine how hard it must have been for a girl in Japan in the 60's to try to live her life on her own terms.

Sentaro is heading for another heartbreak.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

Jun 1, 2012 12:59 PM
Forum Moderator
Re the gynecologist: it's quite possibly a check up because she is becoming sexually active and needs a prescription for birth control. I know sexual mores in 60's North America, but I'm pretty sure there were some big differences in Japan at that time. Of course if she was pregnant abortions were an acceptable way of dealing with it, which is another reason to see a gynecologist.

For those who missed out, this was also the period of the sexual revolution (much more successful than Jun's comrades were in changing society). The birth control pill was being mass marketed and we were still more than a decade away from the AIDS epidemic, so a lot of social barriers were falling away. Amazing what removing the fear of unwanted pregnancies will do...

And lest we forget these are jazz musicians and hangers on we're talking about here. Jun's a communist and no doubt Richie would have ended up a beatnik if things hadn't changed. (Remember that beatniks actually took a great deal of their philosophy from Japanese Zen teachings, so the exchange went both ways.) I realize that it's the romantic polygon that drives this show, but I just love the social history (and for me nostalgia) of the period.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 1, 2012 2:15 PM

Also would anyone happen to know when the next episode is being released? Weekly release day?

Jun 1, 2012 3:31 PM

StonedAnime said:
Also would anyone happen to know when the next episode is being released? Weekly release day?

Every Thursday. This episode just came out yesterday.

Jun 1, 2012 3:36 PM

KaitoDash said:
Oh Love, why so complicated?

exactly what i was thinking

Jun 1, 2012 3:52 PM

Skelington said:
Wow Richie. Way to screw yourself over at the end there.
No kidding.

Jun 1, 2012 4:52 PM

Funny enough, characters in this show love hurting themselves somehow.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."

Jun 1, 2012 11:00 PM

I have been overall impressed by this series as a whole

Makes me wanna finish Beck and Nana in a flash

If you give a review of mine a helpful, god saves a kitten.

Jun 2, 2012 1:48 AM

loved the episode but for some reason i can't seem to like yurika...

Jun 2, 2012 3:14 AM

This anime is becoming soooo Nana :3.

Jun 2, 2012 4:02 AM

Aw man, Poor Sentarou!
Of course the girl he liked Yurika is in Jun's lap and he can't forgive him. So not only did he lose out on his first love, but he lost his "older brother" figure to. He FINALLY realized Kaoru's words that Ritsuko LIKED Sentarou HOWEVER now it's to late and she's moved on and is beginning to think a whole lot more about Kaoru! It's just not working out for the guy. I want him and Kaoru to have a relationship with someone, but at this point it looks like 1 is going to be flying solo and so far it looks like it may be Sentarou! Unless they decided to introduce another fem character. I wouldn't want something so cheesy and unsatisfying as "and he got with a random girl in the class."

Just tough luck for him.

Anyways great episode as always, and I can't wait for next week!
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Jun 2, 2012 11:06 AM

great episode, great development, and a hell of a cliff hanger-ish ending

Jun 2, 2012 1:14 PM

KaitoDash said:
Oh Love, why so complicated?
If it was easy everyone would be doing it. ;)

Good episode. They did a fine job with Jun's college experience without messing it up. I looks like they learned you can't rush this series and miss a lot of the minor stuff that makes this a great series.

We need to get all the WTFs we watched listed....please join and let the insanity reign!!!
WTF did I just watch? club

Join the Hibike! Euphonium Club.

Jun 2, 2012 2:14 PM

One thing you can really admire this series for is it's complexity. All these twists revolving around love really get you excited for how things will turn out in the end.

Jun 2, 2012 2:37 PM

Solkiskey said:
Sentarou has it hard man. And now he just realized about Ritsuko, but it might be too late...

Too late indeed. Damn, Yurika is being a slut. tsk. Sentaro will be forever alone at the ending? Unless they introduce another female character...

Jun 2, 2012 2:54 PM

-MgZ_ said:
Solkiskey said:
Sentarou has it hard man. And now he just realized about Ritsuko, but it might be too late...

Too late indeed. Damn, Yurika is being a slut. tsk. Sentaro will be forever alone at the ending? Unless they introduce another female character...
A slut would imply she sleeps around. I would call her more aloof. She was attracted to Junichi's badboy image, and became more attracted when he was kicked out of college and became emo. Sentoura was to much of a nice guy for her. Some women are like that.
Modified by sbyrstall, Jun 3, 2012 5:40 AM

We need to get all the WTFs we watched listed....please join and let the insanity reign!!!
WTF did I just watch? club

Join the Hibike! Euphonium Club.

Jun 2, 2012 4:38 PM

Great episode. I wonder who's going to end up with who. I just hope none of the main characters end up alone.

Jun 2, 2012 7:21 PM

Things are gonna get explosive soon enough

Jun 2, 2012 11:29 PM

What the fuck, now the whole situation has been reversed. Pretty damn frustrating.

Jun 2, 2012 11:34 PM

I really wonder how is it going to turn out. It is really a bad timing for Sentaro to realise that Ritsuko liked him, since Ritsuko is beginning to fall in love with Kaoru, yet Kaoru is trying to help Ritsuko to pair her up with Sentaro.

I hoped this anime doesn't end with only 11 or 12 episode since I don't think it'll be enough..?

PS: I really like the pace of this anime

Jun 3, 2012 12:27 AM

Great episode...
So much drama at the end.
At the start also was awesome how popular they had all become
and now richi may of just screwed himself over wow... 5/5

Jun 3, 2012 7:34 AM

Fantastic episode, as usual.

The beginning was funny, with all those girls admiring them.I like that kind of stuff, when the main characters get recognition from the crowds.

I really liked how they didn't just turn Jun into a complete asshole(like when he was going to do...it, with her against her wishes) but instead gave the explanation that he did that because was trying to drive her away from him for her own good.Their hug was a really d'aww moment for me.

And I so want to see how Sentaro acts now that he knows Ri'ko likes him, that'll be interesting!

Jun 3, 2012 11:11 AM

This is probably the most complex but realistic romantic relationship network I've seen. Just as Ritsuko starts realizing how she feels, Kaoru had to go and make Sentarou realize how Ritsuko felt (past tense but maybe her feelings were not as romantic even then) about him. And Yurika... I was pissed off at Junichi for messing things up but felt sorry for him after hearing his story. Still, he had to go and completely ruin Yurika's life. Love makes people blind indeed.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...

Jun 3, 2012 12:58 PM

basmimarsinan said:
This is probably the most complex but realistic romantic relationship network I've seen..

Truth. Heartbreakingly realistic.

This show... <3

Jun 4, 2012 12:40 AM

NO NO NO NO! It has to be a lie, there is no way that episode was 22 minuets long, it just went by wayyy to fast. Well overall it was another amazing episode. I hope Jun knows he is dealing with some serious jail-bait. Sen has finally come around, but it seems like it may be a little to late for him. I kinda hope another girl appears for him, but then it wouldn't make the series as interesting would it? Once again looking forward to te next episode!

Jun 4, 2012 4:24 AM

What a love, so complicated. The hell is wrong with ritsuko? Now she also started like kaoru? And dat Yurika is being a slut, what a bitch. I feel so sorry for kaoru and sentaro.

Jun 4, 2012 11:36 PM

-MgZ_ said:
Solkiskey said:

calvinklein said:
What a love, so complicated. The hell is wrong with ritsuko? Now she also started like kaoru? And dat Yurika is being a slut, what a bitch. I feel so sorry for kaoru and sentaro.

Most of the time slut is used for someone who sleeps around, and even then is it demeaning and judgemental and says far more about the ones uttering it, than the person to whom it's being said. Yurika could have handled Sen's approaches better, but so could Sentarou as well. You are putting blame on one of the two, when it takes two to tango.

Jun 5, 2012 11:52 PM

lol @ people calling Yurika a slut.

Grow up.

Jun 6, 2012 4:44 AM

The words that came out of my mouth at the end was "oh no!"

But it's predictable after this. Ri-chan confesses to Kaoru, Kaoru says "lulz, silly Ri-chan, We can't be together because of Sentaro." Then Kaoru confesses to Sentaro and they live happily ever after (with Jazz).

All jokes aside, I have a feeling Sentaro is going to confess to Ri-chan and she's going to feel terrible and reject him. Sentaro will feel like he was set up by Kaoru and thus, drama and violence ensue but as long as it leads to more Jazz banging on the drums and piano I'm A-okay with that. ;D

Jun 6, 2012 4:48 AM

I'm not sure what to make of Jun and Yurika. The gynecologist suggestion sounds more like checking to see if she's pregnant more than whether she's a virgin. I don't understand why the mother would say "just in case" to whether she's a virgin. I think the both of them would worry if she's with child more than anything else.

I'm still wondering how that snaggletooth guy is going to play a part in all this.

Jun 6, 2012 1:45 PM

"Oh wow!" so many things are happening and then in the end, I thought "Oh no!", I just went to a goddamn roller coaster ride of emotions when the episode ended...what the hell!!! Where's the next episode?!! I'm ready to slit my own throat here from excitement! XD
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

Jun 6, 2012 9:37 PM

I couldn't give less of a fuck about Yurika and Jun (they are both bad/annoying characters), but the main love triangle is as awesome as ever. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

Jun 7, 2012 8:22 AM

too late for sentaro? maybe he won't even like ri to begin with lol. well let's see!

on a side note, everytime yurika opens her mouth she annoys the hell out of me. she's not a slut or anything.. she is just annoying

Jun 7, 2012 11:08 AM

yurika annoys me too. i think is because she's getting too much of a rebel and is strating to act like she only wants to "please" Jun.

Jun 9, 2012 11:44 AM

Damn took you long enough Sentarou you blockhead.

Jun 11, 2012 6:42 PM

Seems like every third episode everyone changes who they love. I'm hoping that isn't the premise for the remainder of the season.

There actually was jazz music during this episode. During the flashback scene for Brother Jun you can hear free jazz playing in the background.
Such junk...

Jun 12, 2012 11:13 PM
News Team
Noooo, I liked her hair long, ffs.

Anyways, great episode again.
Modified by Stark700, Jun 12, 2012 11:26 PM

Jun 24, 2012 1:02 PM

Realizations. Well-portrayed. Good backstory for Jun BTW.

Great episode overall.

Pages (3) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »