MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sakamichi no Apollon »» Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

136 71.96%
4 out of 5: Liked it

37 19.58%
3 out of 5: It was OK

14 7.41%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.53%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.53%
Voters: 189

05-31-12, 9:43 PM

wow this was fricking' amazing! i was like yellig "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" ect the whole time at the computer prety loudly......the artuor is a troll for messing with us Q-Q,sooo goood i love Yuki Kodama for conflicting emotions

05-31-12, 10:56 PM

pretty good, i liked how they did the flashbacks cause i thought they were going to be horribly rushed but they did a good job o: i was kind of hoping they'd show some of muroi playing the sax and jun playing the trumpet but eh it's alright xnx

06-01-12, 1:11 AM

i love this anime

06-01-12, 2:08 AM

oh nOoOoO why is it always sen???? ; ___ ;
he has a best friend who randomly throws tantrums out of nowhere, the girl he likes didn't even bother w/ him, & now the girl who used to like him likes someone else
i will cry if he ends up liking ricchan after all this B(( DON'T EVEN GO THERE SEN

oh & yurika has an appointment w/ a gynaecologist?? i wonder why...

06-01-12, 2:17 AM

I really wish I hadn't read spoilers for this series after the third episode, because the tension created by this ever-changing love polygon is getting unbelievably high.

Granted, I don't exactly know how everything works out, but I know who ends up with who.

06-01-12, 2:54 AM

Y'know, I don't really care who ends up with who; just that Kaoru and Sentarou stay best buds, in the end. First love's a bitch, but there'll always be more fish in the sea.

06-01-12, 7:21 AM

is it too late for Sen? :(

06-01-12, 7:27 AM

Kaoru is like the me i nvr knew D:. I love the way he drops hints like a boss

Awesome Sig by Lailide

06-01-12, 7:41 AM

Uh oh, that's not go to end well...

06-01-12, 7:57 AM

A pretty good episode and in response to the ONE GUY saying this is better than "Steins;Gate", no, it's not. Not even near. The series is good but not up to that level. (>,>)

06-01-12, 8:23 AM

SYKGC said:
A pretty good episode and in response to the ONE GUY saying this is better than "Steins;Gate", no, it's not. Not even near. The series is good but not up to that level. (>,>)

it actually is. and exponentially a lot. you really can't underestimate the power of brilliantly-directed, well-written, and splendidly musically composed slice-of-life anime.

this and Usagi Drop are factually a lot better than S;G that even genre-boundaries-they-mustn't-be-compared-because-they're-different-shows couldn't disapprove. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

06-01-12, 10:46 AM

dbaranyi said:
Back to too much melodrama and not enough jazz...

meh. even though the jazz is one of the aspects of the show that makes it so fun and enjoyable, i believe it's a form of expressing their feelings that build up in all the teenage drama because it's so much more enjoyable and accurate than words and actions. it have a purpose but isn't really the central focus of the show.

06-01-12, 12:32 PM

Another great episode. Yurika is a great character. Imagine how hard it must have been for a girl in Japan in the 60's to try to live her life on her own terms.

Sentaro is heading for another heartbreak.
If you reply to one of my comments, please PM or write on my wall me so I can read/respond in kind. I won't bite, I promise.

06-01-12, 12:59 PM
Forum Moderator
Re the gynecologist: it's quite possibly a check up because she is becoming sexually active and needs a prescription for birth control. I know sexual mores in 60's North America, but I'm pretty sure there were some big differences in Japan at that time. Of course if she was pregnant abortions were an acceptable way of dealing with it, which is another reason to see a gynecologist.

For those who missed out, this was also the period of the sexual revolution (much more successful than Jun's comrades were in changing society). The birth control pill was being mass marketed and we were still more than a decade away from the AIDS epidemic, so a lot of social barriers were falling away. Amazing what removing the fear of unwanted pregnancies will do...

And lest we forget these are jazz musicians and hangers on we're talking about here. Jun's a communist and no doubt Richie would have ended up a beatnik if things hadn't changed. (Remember that beatniks actually took a great deal of their philosophy from Japanese Zen teachings, so the exchange went both ways.) I realize that it's the romantic polygon that drives this show, but I just love the social history (and for me nostalgia) of the period.
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student carrying a piece of toast in her mouth......rodac

Please don't feed the trolls!

06-01-12, 2:15 PM

Also would anyone happen to know when the next episode is being released? Weekly release day?

06-01-12, 3:31 PM

StonedAnime said:
Also would anyone happen to know when the next episode is being released? Weekly release day?

Every Thursday. This episode just came out yesterday.

06-01-12, 3:36 PM

KaitoDash said:
Oh Love, why so complicated?

exactly what i was thinking

06-01-12, 3:52 PM

Skelington said:
Wow Richie. Way to screw yourself over at the end there.
No kidding.

06-01-12, 4:52 PM

Funny enough, characters in this show love hurting themselves somehow.
"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie." - Lene Starfear

06-01-12, 11:00 PM

I have been overall impressed by this series as a whole

Makes me wanna finish Beck and Nana in a flash

If you give a review of mine a helpful, god saves a kitten.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices