Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2012 9:14 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Unlike last episode this one was more of relaxing things to come episode. Where the characters after having passed through all this ordeal shit last episode can finally relax.

That being said It was nice to see the team practicing in the spoiler
after all they need to shine their skills based on the most accurate memory from their last fight. While Koko looked really sexy in that outfit of her s in the spoiler
that was nice to see.

About the paintball game, oh man Lutz in the spoiler
really got it bad all over him. He would be dead with all those shots. The best part of it was how Jonahs was having his fun in the spoiler
now those faces could not be forgotten. Moreover Lutz was pretty much insulted by this or should I say embarrassed.

About the fan service, what better way to show the females relaxing after last episode? Why of course to fan service them. Whom I was surprised but fan service has always been a reliever in anime. Hence in the spoiler
a nice upgrade came with Koko and Sofia. I got sucked in. Koko's lustrous white tone on her legs showing more was really what was nice along with some Sofia. Sofia is really daring I see. Twice I see that she wears black underwear and that = to daring IMO as far as in terms of color coding and underwear go.

I did like Koko’s face in the following,

Those never fail. Along with Sofia’s in the spoiler
And this all more relief and comedy Moe at most.

It was very nice to introduce the PREDATOR system in the spoiler
a rather efficient machine there. No soldier needed to pilot it and it delivers weapon payload. DANGEROUS is all that needs to be said of this little machine.

Koko really lost here and obviously Sofia got too expressive here during the conference. However it was only trouble brewing around. The new girl in the spoiler
was trouble too, however her features and eye color were nice. Seems she might be another person like Koko in the same state of affairs as Koko herself.

About the park walk, it had 2 purposes. For one it proved some nice setup for a Jonahs x Koko in the spoiler
For 2 it was more of a purpose to settle things with Chocolade in the spoiler
that being of the diamond being given to her. Now Chocolade was very MOE in that part. Her charms showed much more with that clothing she wears. However my favorite part is the following,

Truly if Sofia was there it would amount to jealousy but she was not there. So it resulted in rather nice MOE blushes. However she better not talk of this cause she will have to deal with Koko being MAD let’s just say with those eyes and expression she is having.

About meeting 1, it was pleasant in the spoiler
however I keep thinking Koko had a poker face there and was not being honest with everything around the meeting. Still her facials were nice to see and the people were really well done.

About the sunset, IMO it was done rather nicely in the spoiler
this part served as a goodbye one but the sun’s light was well shown there along what it can do to show out group poses and individual poses. Jonahs was the most vibrant in that part looking at Koko.

About the airport, IMO it was done well in the spoiler
one can see the details and plane put out to show the setup in this part. Lehm was pretty cool there with his expressions so was the white guy with the glasses.

About Junk Food eating, well kind of obvious in the spoiler
chips? M&Ms? Yeah loads of junk food. What was nice to see there was the blushes exchanged between Sofia and Koko. Those were nice. One more thing reference to JAPAN’S POPULATION PROBLEM! In the spoiler
oh wow! I could not believe they remind people of that in the anime. I wonder if it has anything to do with bad eating habits? Where the segment concerns in question. Certainly going down to 259 000 is bad! Well it’s nice to know Koko sends out mail in the spoiler
with a laptop but even she should know that people can spy on her. They can intercept mails easily.

About the ride, the ride gave out some interesting background info of various proportions however in the spoiler
it’s clear that out new girl is scared and has doubts that she is to be killed. I already can see her anxious expression there. The person jogging near the car reminds me of a setup scout.

About Chocolade, oh man! HOT! In the spoiler
Chocolade with those clothing is HOT! Really nice show out in a different attire for her.

About Hotel going in, it was fine in the spoiler
well setup and shown. In general it was nice to see for setup and character interactions.

Meeting of the new girl, well that new girl in question was mighty nicely shown again in the spoiler
her meeting setup was very well detailed around the drinking area. It showed how outside was nicely depicted and most of all it amounted to SHIT HITS THE FANS in the spoiler
looks to me like a escalation of her fear from the previous part being the ride itself.

About Koko’s meeting with new girl, quite nicely setup and executed along with its shit happening in it. Let’s take it in 3 points.

A)The initial meeting and setup beforehand in the spoiler
was nice and simple. Koko prepping up and a nice walk towards the new girl with Sofia as back up for Koko.

B) SNIPER POSITIONS! In the spoiler
Lutz was very well setup. Notice the camo used. The Rifle is nicely done and the Scope really stands out nicely. The night vision setup is also done well. It’s how it really is IRL.

C) Finally the character and facials in the spoiler
were very rich and lovely to see. Between Koko and the new girl. Pleasant, MOE and most of all friendly.

That is until shit hits in the spoiler
seems like a girl was listening in with a mic that is used in spying purposes. It can get sound from far away like I was next to you listening. Well it all turns out good cause Lutz shoots the SOB who tried to cutthroat that girl. SOB he is for doing that. I live by the RULES of the Professional Movie: No kids! No women! so I am happy he was shot down.

About thee end of the episode, well it was pleasant in the spoiler
all ends nicely. The new girl’s smile was nice to see. Really good and more powerful than she usually shows in this episode. That being said onto the preview.

About the preview, FAN SERVICE and beach time in the spoiler
speculation revolve around Jonahs x Koko and Sofia swimsuit show off. IMO I think I need extra hearts. Koko’s skin will be fully out and that is a major stimulation for me! So problem for me. At least there is substance too. For one what up with this new guy here? Looks interesting to see since Koko goes LOCO here most likely being tied to him or his situation. Looks like more joking around from one of the boy towards Jonahs and that Koko eye! Well something is surely up for Koko to be like she is here. I however can’t wait to see her expressions in the spoiler
among the other many surprises to come.

In general nice relief/foreshadowing episode. Jorgumand once again delivers and I am happy with it in this episode. Might edit later.

BTW a MOE GIF of Koko in the spoiler
she sure is fun rolling around in bed.

End pic in the spoiler
is another nice group one.

Very random Image Stitch in the spoiler
might do the rest if I have time.
Yumekichi11May 29, 2012 11:42 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 29, 2012 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
this episode is too fast. it's slightly difficult to understand what's going on.
so, country A is Turkey and country B is Greece, is it?
May 29, 2012 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
kusushi said:
this episode is too fast. it's slightly difficult to understand what's going on.
Yes the sudden dual shift of countries might make it hard to recognize it. I am not sure of them but it makes sense in terms of distance and travel time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 29, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
lol at Lutz getting caught up in the traps and getting plastered with paintballs. Koko and Sofia looked mighty nice when they were running around in just their underwear.
May 29, 2012 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
Koko never ceases to amaze me, dem poker face

So, who here likes to play paintball? Well, that's what this episode starts off as. Honestly, I'm keen on trying it out as I've seen some of the matches live a few years ago and it was pretty epic.

Nothing much else to say on this episode as it's a bit of a relaxing one rather than filled with the weekly action packed ass kicking by ours truly, Koko.

Koko is so fucking loco :>
Stark700May 30, 2012 2:07 PM
May 29, 2012 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
And I thought I was the only one that couldn't quite understand what was goin on.
[right]

May 29, 2012 9:50 PM
Jun 2008
I think this is the part which makes me having difficult understanding even when I am reading the manga...All I understand is the Greece is a bad planner and unfaithful lol

Well, the atmosphere is enough to enjoy the Anime.

Chocolate is sweet =P
May 30, 2012 12:34 AM

Jul 2010
Hey! This American chick disrespects British food!
Any objections from British guys in MAL?

Koko the Thinker
May 30, 2012 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
A very rushed episode this time from Jormungand i guess it was not much importance. But im sure it was covered in more detail in manga, but i dont know for sure.

Most of us will be left confused a very underwhelmed by the little battle, but back to the basic's with the next episode it seems.
May 30, 2012 1:16 AM

May 2010
Game of cat and mouse this time Hmm..... Lutz was sick on them shots but still got owned by jonah haha.

Love the sound track for this ep

5/5
May 30, 2012 2:41 AM

May 2011
It's all about negotiation battle.

Less action, but good humor there.
May 30, 2012 2:44 AM

Oct 2011
truly excellent viewing this episode! business as battlefield=nice change of pace...this has really grown to be a show i look forward to every week...wasn't too sure at first as the first couple were only so-so, but this has grown into a great character driven action show with just the right amount of humor/psychosis thrown in..........
May 30, 2012 3:27 AM

Sep 2011
Nice episode, honestly thought that the snipers were the Dealer ladies, but instead it happens to be some random lady spying on them from some company.
May 30, 2012 4:59 AM
Jun 2008
total relax ep

johan total victory over lutz in paint battle.
koko meet actress-seller.
koko give chocolade a diamnod with blue eyes of doom in the back.
koko trying for deals but nope cause actress-seller got them.
going koko the thinker yep ideas coming in.
koko make random doing to run actress-seller & it works.
actress-seller want a koko meeting to make some deals.
all ok give some random snoopers yet koko's crew got them.
spare actress-seller & onwards to next job.

next ep more loco koko & johan swimming.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
May 30, 2012 5:09 AM

Jan 2012
Jonah owned Lutz lol. A pretty good episode. Looking forward to next one.

May 30, 2012 5:15 AM

Dec 2008
Summary : Capitalism, ho!

Also, don't mess with Koko. Seriously. Just don't. You'll have to say goodbye to most of your assets.

Chocolade seems more retarded in the anime.

Next is the Doctors arc! Oh god. If this takes more than 2 episodes I'm going to cry. Valmet's arc is after this one :( It better be part of S1.

May 30, 2012 7:31 AM

Jun 2009
Capitalism, ho!
Best part.

While i agree it was rather fast paced and hard to follow at times, it was a great episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 30, 2012 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
A bit weird to see the final confrontation between the actress when you know Koko won't die whatever a happens.
It wasn't even Sniper vs Snipers, but Snipers on Koko and her team on their Snipers.
May 30, 2012 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, I liked how their sniper did a banana-split when it was shot, that was awesome.
It was a strange kind of war, but nonetheless very interesting.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 30, 2012 9:59 AM
Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
kusushi said:
Yes the sudden dual shift of countries might make it hard to recognize it. I am not sure of them but it makes sense in terms of distance and travel time.

Agreed on both. Great episode, but really, the pacing could use a little normalization.
May 30, 2012 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
Lutz was awesome at the end of the episode.
May 30, 2012 10:58 AM

May 2012
Lutz was pretty bad ass at the ending. Nice shots! [But too bad Jonah beat him in the training...]

May 30, 2012 11:43 AM
Feb 2012
Oh Koko you smart little bitch.
That girl may be crazy as fuck but she's intelligent and cunning enough to compensate for it. I'll keep it short and simply say that I enjoyed this episode being about politics essentially. We also got some nice action bits which rounded up the episode pretty nicely. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 30, 2012 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
Koko outsmarting everyone was awesome, and Lutz was bad ass at the end, making up for getting owned by Jonah, guess close range just ain't his thing, he is more of a sniper; also like Chocolate's character, she may be a airhead but its a nice change to the rest of the cast
May 30, 2012 12:53 PM

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
kusushi said:
Yah indeed, Thats what I think too.
May 30, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
Boring as hell tbh
May 30, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
Another crazy woman appeared in this anime, this time in the face of an old woman
-.-" And she actually thought she could outsmart Koko.

Lutz is now my favorite male character in the show~ <3
The female is ofk Koko the LOCO.

May 30, 2012 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
Loved the killer robot shout-out to Asimov. Yes, it is indeed time to get your foot in the door before the berserker robot market is saturated...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 30, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:

That was by far one of the most adorable Jonah moments ever. <3

I liked this episode, though it wasn't as epic as the other ones.
May 30, 2012 5:57 PM

Feb 2012
Koko showed her who the boss is.

Loved the facial expressions in this episode, especially Koko's.

I also had a hard time understanding what's going on, I spent like 30 minutes or so for this episode. I did not once thought of Greece and Turkey, I actually didn't bother thinking about Country A and B but it could be different countries other than those two, right?
May 30, 2012 6:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice episode.

As expected the best episodes are the ones without retarded gunfights.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 30, 2012 6:50 PM

Nov 2009
Episode 8 Impressions and Screenshots:
http://randomc.net/2012/05/30/jormungand-08/
May 30, 2012 10:10 PM
Jun 2008
After 2 week of suffering.Finally... my internet is back online >.<

Summary
MorningGloryMay 30, 2012 10:18 PM
May 30, 2012 11:39 PM

Oct 2011
Only one more month to the official release (OST).

Ep was fine ;p.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2012 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Yumekichi11 said:
kusushi said:
Yah indeed, Thats what I think too.
yeah i was kind confused with all this but it was a good episode and koko continues to be a boss!,and Lutz seems pretty cool plus he made flowers out of those sinpers barrels !
May 31, 2012 5:21 AM

Oct 2010
Koko is the best anime character this season period.
May 31, 2012 9:09 AM

Dec 2010
this anime reminds of so much of call of duty xD (uav, predator, hind, etc.)

anyone noticed that the newspaper valmet was eadong said "Bolt beaten in Stockholm"? xD
May 31, 2012 9:23 AM

Nov 2009
The first part with Lutz and Jonah was pretty fun and I was sure that we would see more action from Lutz next. This country A and B thing and the deal was a bit confusing but it was a brilliant episode. I loved the use of background music in the last scene.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
May 31, 2012 11:36 AM
Jan 2011
Man, Jonah is really a street smart brat.

Trivia:

Last December 2011 Iran was able to get its hands on Americas most advance UAV the RQ-170, according to the CIA the said drone malfunctioned, but other sources states, that Iran was able to hack into the drone's software. It is the same UAV used for hunting down Osama Bin Laden.
May 31, 2012 1:49 PM

Dec 2008
Latter half of the episode was confusing as fuck. I need that OST.
May 31, 2012 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
I actually don't mind the erratic pacing of the show. But honestly, 2 gun shots the entire episode? (Paint doesn't count)
May 31, 2012 9:59 PM

Dec 2011
I thought this arc will finish in two eps.
But yes, this story was done in one episode.
Koko is just very impressive. What madness. Insane intelligence.
I am loving her even more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2012 3:16 AM
Jun 2008
TBH... I don't understand why so many people say Koko out smart Amaria in this episode....
I think Koko is a bit cruel in this episode(She is always cruel when Jonah isn't around..), but she later show some sympathy to Amaria at the end.

yeah, the op song is available to download now ^.^
MorningGloryJun 1, 2012 3:55 AM
Jun 2, 2012 1:11 AM

Jul 2011
Good episode it kind of reminded me of Horizon. Interesting political conversations under a light tone but hardly knowing what the fuck was going on till i re-watched the episode.

MorningGlory said:
TBH... I don't understand why so many people say Koko out smart Amaria in this episode....
I think Koko is a bit cruel in this episode(She is always cruel when Jonah isn't around..), but she later show some sympathy to Amaria at the end.

yeah, the op song is available to download now ^.^

Well she was, she orchestrated a sort of miniature arms race for her model of the UAV through her foresight and manipulating certain circumstances.

At the end of the day it was all business, Amaria was also playing dirty by leaking information to the Italian press that her Predators were American imports and sweet talking the representatives into exclusively making deals with her. It was poetic justice when they all came running back with their tails between their legs even Amaria at the end.

She went toe to toe with ms loco and almost got completely ko'd.
Jun 2, 2012 2:44 AM
Jun 2008
ImagineThat said:
Well she was, she orchestrated a sort of miniature arms race for her model of the UAV through her foresight and manipulating certain circumstances.
.... she simply sell her product to other country(where Amaria haven't touch yet) while buying all the stock of EAE company(Euro Arial Engine).
Its makes me wonder how can HCLI takeover that entire company. How powerful is HCLI is? 0.0"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeover
Jun 2, 2012 6:10 AM

Jul 2011
MorningGlory said:
.... she simply sell her product to other country(where Amaria haven't touch yet) while buying all the stock of EAE company(Euro Arial Engine).

That was the beauty of it for me, she made them look like small timers who were not believing there own hype.

Its makes me wonder how can HCLI takeover that entire company. How powerful is HCLI is? 0.0"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeover

Well arms dealers profit big time from war and of course a whole lot of money is pumped into it. When you see some of the estimative figures that has so far been spent on the war on terrorism by certain countries, its both staggering and mind boggling. I think i know what you mean though, the HCLI really don't look or act the part that you would tend to associate with a multi billion dollar rated company. Especially when you consider how small her team is.

To be honest that's probably why i'm enjoying this anime so much. I'm not ashamed to say that i prefer it when the characters have personality and are not so cut and dry.
Jun 3, 2012 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
Sweet, the full OP is now available. I'm happy now.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 3, 2012 12:32 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed this episode.... illustrated the intelligent/mind tactics of an arms dealer... not the all out brawls we've seen (although I enjoy those too).

As usual... Valmet was awesome.
Jun 3, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2011
This episode was a little hard to follow, but I liked the character interactions.
Jun 3, 2012 5:44 PM

Jan 2012
I only liked the pre-opening part... the rest was just blablabla... :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

164 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.