Forum Settings
Forums

Original Anime 'Vividred Operation' Announced [Update Aug 28]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2012 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
FUN said:
RyanSaotome said:
Antanaru said:
RyanSaotome said:
Antanaru said:
A-1 is as good as dead for me for what they did to SAO so I couldn't care less even if it's an original anime.

Dude, SAO isn't even out yet.
No kidding, I had no idea.

Look at the character design. That's enough for me.

You mean how they improved them in nearly every way?

I personally think they look way too young and somehow "weak"

@topic: I was about to say I'll watch it, but then I noticed it's from A-1..
maybe I'll watch it later on, still sounds somewhat interesting

Well, the female characters look cuter and more attractive to me than the original novel designs, and thats what matters to me. If I'm going to be watching a show with many female characters, having them look good is important.

May 29, 2012 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
If their shorts are that short on a regular basis, will watch.

May 29, 2012 12:37 PM

Jan 2010
for me...not interesting :(
May 29, 2012 12:54 PM

May 2009
SourceCard said:
Aren't those just really short/tight pants?

They are, just goes to show how fixated they are on the girl's lower region if that's the first thing they notice.

I'll give this show a try, though I do hope that the mecha talked about isn't going to have a prominent role. I generally don't like shows with mecha and I don't want to pass this up just because of that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2012 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
May 29, 2012 1:45 PM

Sep 2011
Will probably watch...
May 29, 2012 4:34 PM

May 2011
Looks sweeeeeeet. Cute girls doing mecha stuff, I am in.
May 29, 2012 6:41 PM

Mar 2009
Sounds awful. Will probably not watch.
May 29, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2011
Sci-fi action? I'm in. 14 year old girl with no pants? Uh... I'll have to rethink this.
May 29, 2012 8:06 PM

Oct 2009
Can't wait! Strike Witches was awesome and I'm hoping this will be too. Haters gonna hate.

Also, it's really dumb to hate a studio just because of the character designs (for a show that's not even out yet!). I would say that A-1 adapted the designs pretty well for TV. In fact, A-1 Pictures is awesome! They're my favorite studio. Always churning out quality entertainment with great animation non-stop. Vivid Red Operation will be no different.
May 29, 2012 8:11 PM

Oct 2009
why A-1 picture? I know they make fanservice & moe once and while just make money, but this kind? I just surprise that A-1 is one of my favorite studio that don't really work on anime with 14-years-girls wearing those type of clothes.

Confucius said:
Do little girls nowadays seriously dress like her?

My sister's ex friend, just dress like that, she also turned bi and pervert just by watching an ecchi anime. Now I think about it lot teenage girls watch ecchi animes think it's good idea to dress like that, turned bi/les and pervert over it.
AutumnDreamMay 29, 2012 8:15 PM
I have poorly English grammar, so for give me. I still learning.
-....Loading.....
May 29, 2012 8:18 PM

Oct 2010
thej said:
who needs pants, anyway

dem shortz

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

May 31, 2012 7:03 AM

May 2012
probably will skip...
May 31, 2012 7:59 AM

Aug 2011
A-1 bashing in this thread makes me die a little on the inside, A-1 > haters.
Jun 1, 2012 7:34 AM

Jun 2011
May be the greatest anime of all time.
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.
Jun 1, 2012 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
hmmmmm not my favorite
Jun 2, 2012 10:58 AM
Apr 2009
Do want well watch this
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Jul 27, 2012 6:31 AM
Jun 2011
Maybe.
Aug 28, 2012 4:14 AM

Feb 2008
Update Aug 28
According to Dengeki G's magazine, Vividred Operation will be aired from January 2013.

Source: Scan of Dengeki G's magazine
Aug 28, 2012 8:16 AM

Apr 2011
Why the hate on A-1? I think they do a good job with idolmaster and Anohana.

Character designs definitely look attractive. So I might probably watching this.
Aug 28, 2012 8:49 AM
Feb 2012
Alright, I'm in. Sounds damn sweet.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 28, 2012 8:52 AM

Aug 2011
Magito said:

Character designs definitely look attractive. So I might probably watching this.

And Working!! Uchuu Kyoudai, Tsuritama...

A-1 > Haters.
Oct 11, 2012 2:23 AM
Sep 2012
update from the official site

Concept by Hidari (Fractale,Sasami@ganbaranai) and Redjuice (Supercell,Guilty Crown)

and visuals
Oct 11, 2012 3:58 AM

Sep 2012
The key thing to know about this anime, according to staff interviews I read, is

STRIKE WITCHES
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 11, 2012 5:24 AM
Sep 2012
^ yup. this could be THE anime for 2013 winter
Oct 12, 2012 7:17 AM

Jun 2011
bippo said:
update from the official site

Concept by Hidari (Fractale,Sasami@ganbaranai) and Redjuice (Supercell,Guilty Crown)

and visuals

Their shorts are so tight, even their *beep* is shown o.o?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 12, 2012 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
Natsu12345 said:

Their shorts are so tight, even their *beep* is shown o.o?

From the staff interview, that precisely is the selling point of this anime, just like Strike Witches.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 1:23 PM

Nov 2011
If this is anything like strike witches, its going to be great.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 20, 2012 6:49 AM
Sep 2012
PV
Dec 19, 2012 5:42 PM
Jan 2012
Will watch this for the redjuice and chihaya look-alike.
Jan 7, 2013 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
Wasabi said:
Same director of Strike Witches. Of course there will be 14 year old girls with no pants. Why am I not surprised.

No pants? Where?

mitch3315 said:
Magito said:

And Working!! Uchuu Kyoudai, Tsuritama...

A-1 > Haters.

and Magi, Fairy Tail...

Anyway, will watch since I really loved the Strike Witches Movie
Jan 8, 2013 4:41 AM

Sep 2012
Trailer for 1st episode is out: http://www.vividred.net/next/

You can also check the seiyuu talk corner where seiyuu talked about things right after they finished dubbing for the episode featured in the trailer.

One thing that is particularly intriguing is the seiyuu for Momo Isshiki, the younger sister of the main lead, is never announced but it is clear that she will speak right from episode 1. So who is the seiyuu? Would it be a promotion for a new seiyuu or a big surprise with a well-known seiyuu?
symbvJan 8, 2013 4:54 AM

Jan 8, 2013 5:39 AM

Jul 2011
I plan to watch this anime because of the hype around it but these bottom shots which appeared in almost every PV i have seen really turn me off. Having not watched SW, i'm curious what kind of show people are expecting here.
Jan 8, 2013 5:43 AM
Aug 2011
PV Ep1 is on YT

Jan 8, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
dreznovk said:
I plan to watch this anime because of the hype around it but these bottom shots which appeared in almost every PV i have seen really turn me off. Having not watched SW, i'm curious what kind of show people are expecting here.
Ha ha the staff clearly stated early on that one key thing that this anime makes its appeal is THE BOTTOM !! The posters that came out so far often features the hot pants and the bottoms prominently. Heck, even the seiyuu of the main cast, when asked on TV what they think are the main attractions of the show, mentioned, among other things, THE BOTTOM!! I wonder why all the hype you read about this anime seems to fail to mention about that.

That said, the reactions by fans for the trailer did not always mention that. In fact only a small part of the comments is about that, so it can be said that the anime is attracting people by different ways, though THE BOTTOM will always be a key part of this anime. At the end it is something you have to judge for yourself - whether you look past it and see if there are other aspects that appeal to you or you let it stop from enjoying the anime.
symbvJan 8, 2013 6:39 AM

Jan 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
Ha ha the staff clearly stated early on that one key thing that this anime makes its appeal is THE BOTTOM !! Heck, even the seiyuu of the main cast, when asked on TV what they think are the main attractions of the show, mentioned, among other things, THE BOTTOM!! I wonder why all the hype you read about this anime seems to fail to mention about that.

That said, the reactions by fans for the trailer did not always mention that. In fact only a small part of the comments is about that, so it can be said that the anime is attracting people by different ways, though THE BOTTOM will always be a key part of this anime. At the end it is something you have to judge for yourself - whether you look past it and see if there are other aspects that appeal to you or you let it stop from enjoying the anime.

Well, i didn't expect it to be that popular since i don't particular interested in this anime in the first place and most of time when it being mentioned, i saw only negative (at least from the sites i usually read). Not a big fan of THE BOTTOM (fictional anyway) but i guess i will find out myself whether i can overlook it.
Jan 8, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
dreznovk said:
Well, i didn't expect it to be that popular
Just to give you some extra information, back in December when all the anime for this Winter season were announced and key visuals and trailers started to come out, there was a poll taken in 2ch Sales Thread forum about the expected sales for the season's anime, and Vividred (now commonly referred in Japan as ViviPan -- of course PAN stands for Hot PANts) easily took the top spot. Just goes to show how much expectation are set for this show (and sight set on THE BOTTOM lol).

Jan 8, 2013 7:30 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
dreznovk said:
Well, i didn't expect it to be that popular
Just to give you some extra information, back in December when all the anime for this Winter season were announced and key visuals and trailers started to come out, there was a poll taken in 2ch Sales Thread forum about the expected sales for the season's anime, and Vividred (now commonly referred in Japan as ViviPan -- of course PAN stands for Hot PANts) easily took the top spot. Just goes to show how much expectation are set for this show (and sight set on THE BOTTOM lol).

Ah, maybe i should be more specific here, i meant 'didn't expect THE BOTTOM to be that popular' since i though it was just some bonus for the fans rather than one of the show's main attractions and some people like to troll this show because of THE BOTTOM. (lol can't stop uppercase the word). It's precisely because ViviPan is the most expected show on 2ch that got me interested in checking it out.
Mar 2, 2013 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
Shih said:
Oh god, no pants (again)?

don't gave him any idea
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
42 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.