MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Deadman Wonderland on HIATUS

Pages (2) -0.2 0.8 [1.8]
08-17-12, 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 520
Good thing I went here and there before starting reading this manga :/
Hunter X Hunter's infamous numerous hiatuses killed my love for that manga ><

And seeing that Deadman Wonderland has some similarities with Mirai Nikki, but its anime adaptation is not so good (seems like Claymore/Gantz in a sense, as the manga is ongoing that seems logical)

Anyway, off to read Hoshi no Samidare then =p

Let's hope this author will "deliver" soon ^^

 
08-18-12, 12:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
waalex11 said:
thanks for understanding ^^


Anytime
 
08-18-12, 4:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
let me know if there is any news on the mangaka's condition, and the progress of dw
 
08-19-12, 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
We'll all see once the next chapter finally comes out x3
 
08-20-12, 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1872
It takes 9 months usually for the baby to be born. Its been 5 months or so. Even after the baby is born they're probably not going to start right off the bat. Sad face :(
 
08-21-12, 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1477
I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapter.
 
08-30-12, 7:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
I hope it won't end like Nana's Hiatus :(
 
08-30-12, 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
xumi said:
I hope it won't end like Nana's Hiatus :(

how did Nana's hiatus end?
Was it suspended, cancelled, or the author passed away?
 
09-28-12, 1:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 133
Well, the last chapter's translation came out in January... so the baby should be born already.
Now I think she may have a couple of months because the baby is... well, a baby and all that.
And for God's sake, I know it must be really hot to bang the writer of Deadman Wonderland, but please don't do it again! xD
 
09-29-12, 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 19
Why can she not write and draw in her free time? The baby isn't crying for 9 months and then after it's born she can find the times when it's sleeping... -_- I'm sorry if it's rude to the author. I just really like DW!!!
 
10-06-12, 11:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
sminkle said:
Why can she not write and draw in her free time? The baby isn't crying for 9 months and then after it's born she can find the times when it's sleeping... -_- I'm sorry if it's rude to the author. I just really like DW!!!

I don't blame you, I feel the same way not understanding why it (shouldn't be) so hard to write and continue a manga just because of a baby.
 
10-08-12, 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Dem epic bumps

HAO LONG U R ON HIATUS/
 
10-12-12, 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5412
waalex11 said:
sminkle said:
Why can she not write and draw in her free time? The baby isn't crying for 9 months and then after it's born she can find the times when it's sleeping... -_- I'm sorry if it's rude to the author. I just really like DW!!!

I don't blame you, I feel the same way not understanding why it (shouldn't be) so hard to write and continue a manga just because of a baby.

Holy shit, how can you still not get it?
 
10-13-12, 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
it just 'shouldn't' be if she tried but whatever she can do whatever the heck she wants to do xD
her choice
 
10-19-12, 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 89
Fuck it.....I'm just gonna think this bitch died while delivering her kid to make myself forget about DW.
 
10-24-12, 7:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
One question...How she makes money?
 
10-24-12, 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 566
I hope they continue it 'cause I want a Season 2 Anime :)
 
10-24-12, 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
Kirito-Dragneel said:
I hope they continue it 'cause I want a Season 2 Anime :)
you think its possible when after where the anime left theres a lot to do with the characters in the manga that they erased their existance completely in the anime?

... I don't think so, sadly ><
 
10-24-12, 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 566
waalex11 said:
Kirito-Dragneel said:
I hope they continue it 'cause I want a Season 2 Anime :)
you think its possible when after where the anime left theres a lot to do with the characters in the manga that they erased their existance completely in the anime?

... I don't think so, sadly ><


I haven't read the manga, I just want MOAR! :P
 
10-24-12, 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
oh then you should definetely read it! ^^
 
10-26-12, 3:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 18
Just some tidbits of info.

her twitter: https://twitter.com/kataoka_syouten
(in Japanese so the Google translation is a bit rough)

a tweet from oct 21:
"life Kataoka @ Kataoka_syouten
As powerful as I want to apologize ...! Were cheers for good work! RT @ Sazanamiyacco three works:. I drew exactly 100 pages in a month and 50,20,30. I think I was crying. Thanks to the cooperation of many people as well. Fufu."

Progress?

Btw i think she has already given birth. Found a pic in her twitter photos of a baby.

also from her website: http://kataokajinsei.jugem.jp/
there was a post that said something about work stability.
 
10-26-12, 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 16500
h4ff said:
Something about the illustrator being pregnant.
Didnt see if they publish again, leave for pregnency is only 14 weeks though


She knocked up? o.O really..
 
11-01-12, 4:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
So she was really pregnant? no other problems? Because I saw some other disheartening rumors like the company dropped it or some shit.

So she's still on maternity leave? Assuming she was about 3 months pregnant when she put it on hiatus, it shouldn't be TOO much longer til she's settled in, a few more months at worst.
 
11-02-12, 1:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
I_Love_Kissxsis said:
So she was really pregnant? no other problems? Because I saw some other disheartening rumors like the company dropped it or some shit.

So she's still on maternity leave? Assuming she was about 3 months pregnant when she put it on hiatus, it shouldn't be TOO much longer til she's settled in, a few more months at worst.


I heard she may pick back up in January, but I don't know how reliable my source is :/ sorry I couldn't be of more help.
 
11-04-12, 1:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2397
Ooooh, pregnant, no-pregnant or anything else - I don't really mind what the problem exactly is,
but I want to read the manga further. I missed it. T__________T
Hope next chapters will appear soon!
 
11-06-12, 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Daika-san said:
Ooooh, pregnant, no-pregnant or anything else - I don't really mind what the problem exactly is,
but I want to read the manga further. I missed it. T__________T
Hope next chapters will appear soon!


don't we all T~T
 
11-20-12, 2:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1782
There must be something else because I have never heard of a 10 month pregnant leave.


 
11-24-12, 5:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 25
cadu_ said:
There must be something else because I have never heard of a 10 month pregnant leave.


Maybe she got knocked out by a freacking whale. jk

I'm glad that the baby already born, and I trully hope it continues on january
<img src="http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt83/shinminami/Durarara_signature_.png" />
 
11-29-12, 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 346
Sixth said:
akn791425 said:
Shit if it's so easy to do so lets see you try to do what she is doing.


I'm saying it's easy enough for a pregnant lady to do. It's NOT physically taxing.


She also has to care for the baby.
 
11-29-12, 7:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 346
Zhou said:
Some of you apparently don't realize that Kataoka's job needs her to be creative, a woman's hormonal balance is messed up during pregnancy and even after delivering the baby, how the fuck do you expect her to focus on writing?!
Also, we are nearing the conclusion, no one wants a fucking badly written ending and she can't possibly deliver that right now.


I agree.
 
12-02-12, 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1262
Rayla said:
Zhou said:
Some of you apparently don't realize that Kataoka's job needs her to be creative, a woman's hormonal balance is messed up during pregnancy and even after delivering the baby, how the fuck do you expect her to focus on writing?!
Also, we are nearing the conclusion, no one wants a fucking badly written ending and she can't possibly deliver that right now.


I agree.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
 
12-11-12, 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1583
wtf, she was pregnant :D
Thanks guys didn't expect such kind of cause, lol
Tommk said:
Rayla said:
Zhou said:
Some of you apparently don't realize that Kataoka's job needs her to be creative, a woman's hormonal balance is messed up during pregnancy and even after delivering the baby, how the fuck do you expect her to focus on writing?!
Also, we are nearing the conclusion, no one wants a fucking badly written ending and she can't possibly deliver that right now.


I agree.


Yeah, don't want a bad end :(
Anyway hope it continues in the following year :p
 
12-12-12, 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2
cadu_ said:
There must be something else because I have never heard of a 10 month pregnant leave.


here in germany you get your pergnancy leave paid for at least 12 month. since the living standard in Jap is equal to Ger i think it wont be that odd if they got also 12 month there.

also that would suit the rumors about a revival in january cause the last chapter aired somthing around january/february 2012
 
12-13-12, 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 19
MarZeL said:
cadu_ said:
There must be something else because I have never heard of a 10 month pregnant leave.


here in germany you get your pergnancy leave paid for at least 12 month. since the living standard in Jap is equal to Ger i think it wont be that odd if they got also 12 month there.

also that would suit the rumors about a revival in january cause the last chapter aired somthing around january/february 2012

It is weird because U.S. has no maternity leave laws, only depends on what your boss gives you. Even then, only a few months in my experiences. I hope the manga comes back and has a really emotional end because it is so far my favorite manga~
 
12-13-12, 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5412
Kataoka updated her blog, here is the gist of it:

She had her baby in July, it's a boy and he is healthy, congrats!

About DW, she said her vacation is going to end soon and I'm not 100% sure about the next but it sounds like she worked inofficially during her vacation.

She apologizes for the long wait and thanks everyone who waited so long, she also thanks everyone who said kind words to her and she asks us to wait a little bit longer, she is going to give it her all.
Modified by Zhou, 12-13-12, 3:26 PM
 
12-13-12, 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
Thanks Zhou for the update ^^
 
12-13-12, 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 167
This is great news! I'm so happy for her and can't wait for a new chapter!
 
12-16-12, 3:55 AM

Online
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 263
Its weird to think it's been almost a year since the last chapter lol.
 
12-16-12, 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 27
so..
any news?
 
12-26-12, 5:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 169
she's pregnant so it'll take a while.


"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
 
12-26-12, 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5412
It's worth being shown to as many as people as possible on MAL, so I submitted the news, hopefully it will get aprroved.


Anyway, Kondou Kazuma updated his blog:







Deadman Wonderland is back and will resume on January 26, fuck yeah.
 
12-26-12, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5974
I read somewhere that it's the last arc too. Is it mentioned in that picture?
 
12-26-12, 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5412
Candor said:
I read somewhere that it's the last arc too. Is it mentioned in that picture?

Yeah, it's the last arc:

"Saigo no kânibaru ga, hajimaru." (top left corner)

"The final carnival begins."
Modified by Zhou, 12-26-12, 9:40 AM
 
12-26-12, 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
wooooo!~ Aw man I can't wait! January 26 tabarnak! x3
thank you once again Zhou for the great info.
 
12-26-12, 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 490
People, finally our prays have been listened

The February 2013 issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shōnen Ace magazine announced on Wednesday that Jinsei Kataoka and Kazuma Kondou's Deadman Wonderland survival action manga will be returning from hiatus on January 26 in the magazine's March issue. The announcement also revealed that the newest chapter will begin the manga's final arc. Kondou also announced the news on his Twitter account on Wednesday and posted a preview image.

The series took a break in April after Kataoka announced her pregnancy. Kataoka revealed on her blog in November that she gave birth to a healthy baby boy in July and would return to the series soon.

Source: Anime News Network
 
01-01-13, 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
I need for there to be people out there quick to translate.
 
02-15-13, 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 416
Scanlators translate the worst mangas and leave the best manga unscanlated -_-!
 
02-15-13, 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5423
Lol, thats true sometimes.

But at least chapter 52 is out and Deadman Wonderland is back in action!
I read the latest new chapter. ^^
 
Top
Pages (2) -0.2 0.8 [1.8]
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy