Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2012 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watched this episode in dubbed. Damn it.
Feb 28, 2014 8:54 PM

Feb 2014
zakuro/mint is REAL
Nov 28, 2014 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
I love the relationship of Mint and Zakuro :)
Anime is my reality.
Oct 6, 2015 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
eh, so why was mint upset? the drama in this episode was pretty weird.
Feb 8, 2020 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
silverwalls said:
eh, so why was mint upset? the drama in this episode was pretty weird.
yeah, I totally didn't get what was going through everyone's mind... Especially Mint's, but also Zakuro acted in a very strange way, and Ichigo a bit too. There's a lot that needs explanation here
May 24, 2022 7:06 PM

Jan 2021
Should've just let her go tbh, find someone nicer. Mint's been a thorn in this show's side since episode 2. I don't know why she has to be such a bitch all the time. Just her sitting in the cafe drinking tea instead of working while everyone else is busting their ass to wait on customers really upsets me for some reason. I hate she just gets away with this. Like she has any room to talk about Ichigo being late. At least Ichigo is actually working and putting in effort.
Shrimp_TailMay 24, 2022 7:25 PM
Aug 23, 2022 12:15 AM

Apr 2016
Holy shit, this episode was actually fantastic. There's just sooo much here, the expressive character animation with only a few frames, the drama, the cinematography, the overarching feather motif relating to Mint, it's so GOOD.

Gosh, where do I even start? I guess with Mint's character arc throughout the episode. I really appreciate getting to see her more vulnerable side and that she's more than just a bitch. Seeing her learn to care about her comrades and learn the value of being a Mew Mew from Zakuro's act (and by the way, the twist she planned this out with Miki is fucking adorable) really hit me. It makes that pillowfight scene at the end all the more rewarding. These past few episodes have been really good with showing the main cast isn't two-dimensional, and I'm here for it.

I also need to say this has been a really fun episode for screencaps. Inserted below will be some highlights from the episode.

astrogonza said:
yeah, I totally didn't get what was going through everyone's mind... Especially Mint's, but also Zakuro acted in a very strange way, and Ichigo a bit too. There's a lot that needs explanation here

I had to rewatch the beginning of the episode to understand this. Looking back, it wasn't really said explicitly, but what I got out of her dream was that she's feels her expectations are too high (as seen with the parakeet talking to her and Mint saying "it's impossible) and is frustrated with herself but takes it out on her friends. As for Zakuro, she's an actress, and was doing a bit to get Mint to to knock some sense into her :P
QueenNothingAug 23, 2022 12:49 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Episode 11 Discussion

Mizore951 - Feb 3, 2011

4 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 17, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Episode 10 Discussion

Mizore951 - Feb 2, 2011

5 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Episode 9 Discussion

Hanon10 - Jun 9, 2010

5 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 13, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Episode 8 Discussion

Hanon10 - Jun 6, 2010

6 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 4, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Episode 7 Discussion

Mizore951 - Jan 23, 2011

5 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 23, 4:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.