MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

why Fate/zero sucks ?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero »» why Fate/zero sucks ?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
05-27-12, 11:19 AM

I watched the first 7 episodes of fate/stay night, and I didn't like it because it is boring and has too much dialogue

I read that fate/zero was better. So, I watched the first 2 episodes of stay/zero. Honestly, it is sucks even more. The first episode (47 min long) was full of boring and pointless dialogue. I got a headache after watching it. However, I did give it another try and watched the second episode, but the anime is still boring.

I like animes like Claymore, death note, code geass. And compared to those fate/zero sucks beyond comparison. I have to say that even ecchi animes like Seikon no Qwaser is more enjoyable than fate/zero.

What so good about this anime ? Does it get better ? or is the rest of the episodes are full of boring and long dialogues ? It is worth to watch the rest of the episodes if I didn't like the first two ?

05-27-12, 11:22 AM

I don't particularly like Fate/Zero, but the second season is infinitely stronger than the first and you're just asking to get ripped apart by judging something on two episodes.

05-27-12, 11:26 AM

Yes the first two episode are full of boring and long dialogues. That's why they aired both episodes at once so people could get it out of their system.

Of course, that boring and long dialogue is important if you cared about the actual plot and characters.

05-27-12, 11:28 AM

So because something is boring you immediately dismiss it as bad?

Kewl, man. Kewl.

05-27-12, 11:33 AM
Forum Moderator
I think it might be because since you didn't like Fate/Stay Night you might have this mindset you may not like Fate/Zero. You should try and continue watching maybe another 2-3 episodes of Fate/Zero and see if you can get into it has just a lot of dialogue in the beginning to get into the story.

I found Fate/Stay Night atrocious(Couldn't stand the main character) but I watched it all the way through as painful it may have been, watched Fate/Zero and I was quite pleased with the show!

We all have differing opinions and tastes though so it may be something you like or not.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Site & Forum Guidelines | MAL Guidelines | Report Abuse

05-27-12, 11:52 AM

if it didn't attract you by now, it's almost pointless. Once you are set on such opinion, chances it to be changed are almost zero. Better don't bother tbh.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu

05-27-12, 12:04 PM

Just do everyone a favor and drop it NOW. Least thing we need is more whiners in FZ threads.

05-27-12, 12:07 PM

Tiago97 said:
So because something is boring you immediately dismiss it as bad?

Kewl, man. Kewl.
what really pushes people to make these threads, like seriously just cause a show is popular that you dont like doesnt mean you need to be a white knight in shining armor coming in to prevent people from watching it

its just a opinion, the reason our lists are public is if people want to see them they can, we dont need these pointless threads thats only outcome is making the OP look like a fool

like i fucking despise kimi ga nozomu eien witha a passion, alot of people love it but im not going to bother creating a thread saying it sucks cause i know quality of a show is purely subjective and will stay that way and the people that enjoy it really cant care less what i thought of it
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

05-27-12, 12:10 PM

Lumathy said:
Just do everyone a favor and drop it NOW. Least thing we need is more whiners in FZ threads.

And less fan-boys/girls.

05-27-12, 12:11 PM

I don't get it. Is it really so hard for people to realize people can like/dislike what they do/don't? That's basically what all these "overrated" threads amount to. It's all right if the OP could actually make a solid argument but loaded words like "sucks" and "boring" make me, personally, not care.
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

05-27-12, 12:15 PM

why Fate/zero sucks ?

because it is boring and has too much dialogue

Do I get points?

05-27-12, 12:28 PM

Post-Josh said:
Lumathy said:

And less fan-boys/girls.

I'm saving time for OP here, he already gave FZ a chance and it's just not good enough for his taste (it sucks so much even).

05-27-12, 12:32 PM

Well, your loss. Noone will force you to watch something you don't like/enjoy.
There are a lot of anime which have a "slow" start but get better later on..

05-27-12, 12:41 PM

You say you like animes like Death Note and don´t like Fate/Zero?

05-27-12, 12:52 PM

That's one of what's great about Fate/Zero, the animation's quality and the visuals, top-notch. In the 2nd season the animations are way better than season 1, and contains more action.
Season 1 is mostly dialogue, some fights now and then like the one I've put above.
FZ and FSN are incomparable btw.

Edit:
Fate/Zero is about 7 heroes (aka Servants), each with his own legend (Kings, Knights, or Criminals), from different eras who collide in a war for obtaining a device that can make one wish come true for 7 people (aka Masters) who desire it, each Master is responsible for a servant.
This serie concentrates on the ideals (of most) of the heroes such as honor, pride and stuff like this (2 or 3 are just mad historic men, which makes the serie more interesting), and the ideals human traits of the people from our current time, such as betrayal, lying, greed and stuff like this. They're portrayed in an amazing way by dialogues, strategies and fights.
Modified by Candor, 05-31-12, 1:41 PM
<-- Derailer

05-27-12, 12:54 PM

otaxusburguer said:

They're different anime, in case you didn't notice.

05-27-12, 12:56 PM

Tiago97 said:
otaxusburguer said:

They're different anime, in case you didn't notice.

Is they are but they have a lot of dialogue

05-27-12, 1:27 PM

Yeah, Fate/Zero was dialogue heavy, lots of conflicting discussions between morals and the philosophies of all the different masters and servants. However, that's exactly why the show is so interesting, so when the servants take out their swords, you know what's going on inside their head, and most importantly WHY they are fighting.

But of course, not everyone appreciates that, and there are some that prefer their anime mindnumbing, pretty on the surface and lacking of any depth; and that's perfectly fine if you're into that sort of thing.
"The end of happiness, the beginning of truth."

05-27-12, 1:30 PM

SeraVerte said:
Yeah, Fate/Zero was dialogue heavy, lots of conflicting discussions between morals and the philosophies of all the different masters and servants. However, that's exactly why the show is so interesting, so when the servants take out their swords, you know what's going on inside their head, and most importantly WHY they are fighting.

Between you and the OP, I'm starting to think I watched some show competently posing as F/Z.

05-27-12, 1:47 PM

Um... Opinions? You haven't forgotten what that is, right?
Motorhead fan? Join: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=40023

Credit to Devilman01

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices