Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 1, 2016 4:31 PM
Apr 2015
When they were wondering why Chitanda got angry been thinking through the whole episode she was on her period lol.
May 11, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2014
Basically those "sins" describes how our world works right now .
Though , on the way how it is interesting would make me a bit of a sinner .
Nah , its just a "spur-of-the-moment." thing . Don't bother .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2016 4:57 AM

Jan 2016
Well i lost my writing for this episode.. xD ops mostly tought tho it was interesting and funnyweird as well video for next was just perfect , a bath scene xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 6, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2016
I feel like the romantic side of the anime is beginning to show <3
Jun 21, 2016 9:03 PM

Jun 2016
Oreki definitely had a little acid trip there when the tiny angels showed up...

A subtle hint to Chitanda being "all over him"?
Still Level 0 but I'm trying my best
Aug 5, 2016 6:12 PM
Jan 2012
wow. As a single moment in math class generated something like a discussion of these. Oreki was smart, but I confess that it was very simple.
It was a very weak compared to previous episode.
Apparently the Chitanda is very good girl / pious to accept as well the teacher's error after Oreki explain it to her. Comedy at the beginning of the episode was good, but the middle and the end was average.
now realized at the end of each episode appears a different phrase in the footer; I think like to know all phrases.
because of title of episode. I wait more action and agressive moment,but he is very simple,moe and weak.
Nov 7, 2016 6:01 PM

Sep 2015
This was an okay episode not too impactful
Dec 20, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
Was I the only one who thought this episode was terrible. Like chitanda is bloody annoying, I just it's unrealistic for her nagging to go unnoticed. Like something as simple as the teacher making a mistake is needs solving? Like bloody hell, show is simply overrated. I just can't get over this episode. Everyone makes the show look so grand like it's actually that good but honestly the whole premise is bland and because I've watched so many other shows I know this. Does chitanda have him under a spell. None of these things add up
Jan 5, 2017 3:59 PM
May 2016
If anybody could identify the book Houtarou's reading in this episode, I'd be much obliged.
Feb 14, 2017 6:45 PM

Sep 2015
verdun said:
If anybody could identify the book Houtarou's reading in this episode, I'd be much obliged.

It appears to be 夏の災厄 (Natsu no Saiyaku, "Summer Disaster") by 篠田節子 (Shinoda Setsuko).

(Hint: the kanji input by radicals on Jisho.org is really useful for searching.)
May 30, 2017 10:36 AM

Nov 2016
Chitanda = cute

Mini Chitandas = cuteness overload

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2017 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
An enjoyable episode.

The Mini-Chitandas. 10/10

Nov 21, 2017 7:36 PM

Sep 2017
That was honestly kind of stupid. The math question 'mystery' really took me out of the episode.

First of all, adding a range adds a trivial level of difficulty to the problem, and I highly doubt that the 'smartest' math student would be unable to determine if any of the roots gave y values in the range, barring not understanding what the notation meant.

The real offender here is that the equation had only complex solutions, but there was a restriction on x s.t. x∈[0,3]... so there's no damn solution anyway!

Anyway, students and teachers alike can make mistakes while solving, or even writing questions down. There was no damn mystery here...
Apr 30, 2018 5:40 AM

Apr 2013
Oreki is seriously getting scared of Chitanda and I have to say she can be a bit annoying in her curiousness. Like wanting someone else to find out why she got angry? Even though the solution was pretty easy to see, especially since he looked at the class sign in the beginning.

Onsen episode incoming :>
Feb 8, 2019 10:41 AM

Nov 2017
nothing hapenned in this episode XD

Apr 4, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2015
enitre episode wasted of unimportant "math" problem. xDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 7, 2019 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't like the first episodes, then the whole thing about Chitanda's uncle caught my attention. Now I'm bored again :( Apparently it gets better with the festival arc or something? I'm waiting for it. I was expecting them to help the students or deal with the students or some stuff like that... Something more like Oregairu maybe? Still, I don't feel like the episodes take that much longer to pass. I check it when I'm bored and they're almost at the end. The pacing is slow, so it helps, I guess. But I'm still waiting to understand why the anime has such a high score, is so popular and why my friends like it so much. Let's see with the next episodes...
Aug 6, 2019 3:47 PM

Nov 2017
They really spent a good minute bantering lol. The mystery in this episode was the definition of mundane (not like that's a bad thing). Sometimes a fella needs to stop and find the beauty in everyday life. This episode did feel more like it was explaining Eru's disposition
Sep 17, 2019 11:18 PM

Aug 2015
ep 6 makes me worried about the state of teaching in Japan...are there a lot of teachers that can traumatize kids by yelling at them with impunity?

Chitanda looking for a reason to "let Omichi off the hook" feels like a kind of Stockholm syndrome or suggests anger is not supposed to be expressed by the subordinate (students, female) but the anger of authorities is allowed to have free reign. Similarly, the librarian's cynical reflection on the student activism in episode 5 is harsher on the students who "acted like their toys were taken way," rather than on the school authorities who persecuted Jun Sekitani.
Oct 2, 2019 8:04 AM

Feb 2017
This episode was so dumb; I know it came off the heels of the first big mystery being solved, but this mystery just felt pointless. It's a nice group of characters to follow but we didn't learn anything new about them or have any interaction that felt different from previous interactions.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Nov 27, 2019 5:26 PM

Jan 2015
I like how always Oreki wants to make a deduction to impress her rather than a logical deduction.
Jan 21, 2020 7:56 PM
Apr 2016
A pretty adorable episode this time, and spoke a lot about Chitanda's character!
Jun 7, 2020 7:55 PM

Aug 2019
that was a much calmer episode compared to the previous few.
we going from big mystery that involved peoples lives and future decisions to simple mishaps and such, which in my opinion, is a really good change of pace
but uhuuhuhhu MATH. That shit scares me. Math is just freaky to me, gives me intense PTSD to having to do simultaneous equations and shit.
Aug 29, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2020
You will think that this small mysteries that they are solving are just simple, petty, and boring. But the way they solve it are just simply impressive.

The animations are also great even the background music. Not just for this episode but also for the past five episodes.

Also if you will watch closely you will learn more about the characters. This episode revealed a little bit of Chitanda’s disposition and views. Hotarou’s wondering more about her character and personality simply states that.
SoraaaxiiAug 29, 2020 3:54 AM
Sep 3, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
If Chitanda was one of the 7 deadly sins she would be "Greed", she gets curious and doesn't drop the subject until she finds out what she wants to know
Sep 9, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 2020
i really enjoyed this episode, the art & sound direction are EVERYTHING

THIS is how you do a stoic, wallflower-type of character with range in his voice acting and not just a dead-pan preachy kind of MC ahem ahem

nakamura yuuichi brings oreki to life! lmfao at oreki just dead ass trying to stay out of it and chitanda all up on him.

chitanda was so moe as usual, also i loved their little discussion over the sins. fukube is such a likeable character, he's simply endearing.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 3, 2020 4:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
To quote our mc himself: “this is boring”

Yeah it’s all good the symbolism and stuff oh it’s so deep but you know what else is deep, this yawn I let out after 2 minutes of them deep into conversation. Not a trash anime by any means, I can see how this is good and well-loved, it’s just not for me. Or maybe watching it in 4x speed doesn’t help... although I can still follow along and understand it. Damn would this be slow if I watched it at regular speed

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 12, 2021 11:44 PM

Jun 2020
Chitanda got in a fight with a teacher Oreki heard all that screaming from the other room

I love how the chibi baby Eru that floods in Oreki's body It's just so cute when you look at it, Oreki is the answer for all of Eru's curiosity in this high school period or youth

Oreki thought he would have a soul mate but Eru was joking about that poor Oreki that day might not be the day and damn an angel Eru is so angelic

So a hot springs episode incoming
Jul 18, 2021 10:11 PM
Jan 2021
This was a really fun episode the mytery in this episode was just fine........

Overall i enjoyed the comedy aspect in this episode especially when chitanda said "i like to avoid getting tired" was really funny.
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM
Aug 2021
The solution of the mystery feels a bit underwhelming though, but at least we get to know more about Chitanda's character.
Oct 18, 2021 12:55 AM

Dec 2018
Yes, there's a reason behind everything but must you investigate literally everything in your club? like why did I get angry? why did the math teacher bring the wrong book? are you a robot? humans make mistakes, they have feelings and that's all there is to it.

I'm starting to lose interest in this anime
Nov 4, 2021 10:59 PM

Dec 2019
i make the same mistake with 'a's and 'o's in cursive lmao
it was an alright episode. hm i feel like i need some sort of excitement though. it's too dull v.v

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Dec 22, 2021 5:00 AM
May 2020
bruh just let oreki rest nigga damn
Jan 5, 2022 12:59 AM

Jul 2020
This episode was a bit confusing to follow. Ah whatever Eru being cute is all good
Jan 7, 2022 8:14 AM

Jul 2021
It's amazing, with ANYTHING Chitanda is curious, if I were Houtarou I wouldn't have enough patience.
asdasdsadad
Sep 4, 2022 3:32 AM
Apr 2015
quite entertaining
Sep 26, 2022 1:41 PM

Aug 2021
not too much going on in this episode but fun to see another mystery solved even if it was a pretty lame one
Dec 3, 2022 1:04 PM

Mar 2019
Nothing serious in this episode, just a relaxing after-school conversation, although Ibara did get quite mad at Fukube, lol. Chitanda's reaction was funny.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2023 7:40 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
If there is a thing called melodrama, then melomystery should exist, specifically to name the genre of this show.

The real mystery is how a teacher can berate his students because of his stupid mistake and shrug it off as if nothing happened.

Jul 25, 2023 10:32 AM
Jan 2022
Krissasaur said:
wow i HATE chitanda. i may have to drop it just because of her. this episode was pointless. whine whine whine omg shut up. just when it looked like it would get good, too. waste of flawless art, tbh.

Ah finally somebody else thinks like me, it's funny how people are saying stuff like chita da is the one carrying the anime for them while for me it's the opposite she's the very reason y I want to drop it,like girl calm down have u never heard of personal space and could u not bother someone else with ur ridiculous curiosities like so now a teacher can't make a mistake in piece like she's pushy and annoying,like she should learn went to back off.
Jul 25, 2023 10:40 AM

Dec 2009
Vicky9anime said:
Krissasaur said:
wow i HATE chitanda. i may have to drop it just because of her. this episode was pointless. whine whine whine omg shut up. just when it looked like it would get good, too. waste of flawless art, tbh.

Ah finally somebody else thinks like me, it's funny how people are saying stuff like chita da is the one carrying the anime for them while for me it's the opposite she's the very reason y I want to drop it,like girl calm down have u never heard of personal space and could u not bother someone else with ur ridiculous curiosities like so now a teacher can't make a mistake in piece like she's pushy and annoying,like she should learn went to back off.

Yea, I actually ended up dropping this anime after posting that, which is sad, because I was in LOVE with the art style. It's also so funny you replied to this 11 years later, because just yesterday I was talking with my friends about anime tropes I dislike, and I mentioned this anime as a prime example of characters that ruin it for me haha.

K R I S S
leo | usa | istp
dystopias, bright colors, unique animation

Jul 27, 2023 2:57 AM
Jun 2023
Nice episode of anime
Aug 16, 2023 8:47 AM

Nov 2020
Was this a filler episode? The only noteable things were mini Erus climbing on Hōtarō
Oct 16, 2023 5:59 PM

Oct 2022
Oof , Chitanda is curious over anything and everything. Lol , those little Chitanda demons nagging Oreki seemed pretty cute and funny.

Oct 16, 2023 6:00 PM

Oct 2023
lickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Oct 16, 2023 6:00 PM

Oct 2023
Reply to cableguyjay
Oof , Chitanda is curious over anything and everything. Lol , those little Chitanda demons nagging Oreki seemed pretty cute and funny.
@cableguyjay Are you cute in real life? PLease tell me. it's rather important.
Oct 21, 2023 3:02 PM

Dec 2022
Is someone working in order to provide their family considered greed, just because they need money to do so? I'd consider it altruism, more than anything.

Saying that, the conversations in this anime have decent flow to them.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.