Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 26, 2012 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
shanimebib said:

I never realized that Shinji was Zouken's relative. Now it all makes sense. But I wonder whether he went through the same bug treatment as in the cases of Kariya and Sakura.

Nope he was as useless as his father,no reason for training.But he ,as you know ,
Yeah I heard that shit in the spoiler. Should they make that into the movie such as the shocking parts of Kara no Kyoukai I heard of in regards to your spoiler one part of then RAGE OVER 9000 at those parts in that movie as they happen. It I think it might top off or on PAR with UBW part of heart ripping is all I will say to not spoil it.

But TBH I don't think UBW heart ripping will ever be beaten for me. Try 30 minutes being traumatized like having rabies on the floor? Yeah good thing the shock did not KO me from emotional toll. That was long ago though.

What movie?As for UBW thats the reason I hate Gil even if he is a great character in general.His victim is my #1 anime girl(on par with Nagato Yuki)
Well you never know how they will do HF. Movie or TV series. Obviously all are saying 26/24 episodes series. Where I would prefer 26 episodes.

FINALLY! Have I found a person that hates Gilgamesh for the same reasons? MARVELLOUS! You are indeed the first one to hate Gilgamesh for the same reason as me. Others just did not or never mentioned to me those reasons.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 26, 2012 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
Ye, Saber is so alpha on that badass bike of hers, even Rider thinks so ^_^
May 26, 2012 4:46 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
shanimebib said:

I never realized that Shinji was Zouken's relative. Now it all makes sense. But I wonder whether he went through the same bug treatment as in the cases of Kariya and Sakura.

Nope he was as useless as his father,no reason for training.But he ,as you know ,
Yeah I heard that shit in the spoiler. Should they make that into the movie such as the shocking parts of Kara no Kyoukai I heard of in regards to your spoiler one part of then RAGE OVER 9000 at those parts in that movie as they happen. It I think it might top off or on PAR with UBW part of heart ripping is all I will say to not spoil it.

But TBH I don't think UBW heart ripping will ever be beaten for me. Try 30 minutes being traumatized like having rabies on the floor? Yeah good thing the shock did not KO me from emotional toll. That was long ago though.

What movie?As for UBW thats the reason I hate Gil even if he is a great character in general.His victim is my #1 anime girl(on par with Nagato Yuki)
Well you never know how they will do HF. Movie or TV series. Obviously all are saying 26/24 episodes series. Where I would prefer 26 episodes.

FINALLY! Have I found a person that hates Gilgamesh for the same reasons? MARVELLOUS! You are indeed the first one to hate Gilgamesh for the same reason as me. Others just did not or never mentioned to me those reasons.

Are they ever going to do HF? I don't see any news. But if they do, I hope it will be done by ufotable. and even better if the do fate/hollow as well.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 26, 2012 4:49 PM

May 2009
shanimebib said:
Are they ever going to do HF? I don't see any news. But if they do, I hope it will be done by ufotable. and even better if the do fate/hollow as well.
Nothing has been announced. It's just wishful thinking as of yet.
May 26, 2012 4:52 PM

Aug 2009
shanimebib said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
shanimebib said:

nononono no one said that they will animate HF."IF" they animate it.

Yumekichi fix your previous post a bit or else many will misunderstand.

And FHA has saber but not
May 26, 2012 5:04 PM

Apr 2011
THE VOICE ACTING DURING THAT STRANGLE SCENE WAS TOP FUCKING NOTCH!!!
5/5 10/10
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
May 26, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2011
Ah the fight just so short there.

And oh boy, looks like Kirei just succeeded his plan one by one
May 26, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2012

Argh, I know for sure what's FHA/ UBW and all fate series and who are the characters but what's HF, could you tell me? I know it's offtopic yet I'm confused, HF? anyone?
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
May 26, 2012 5:22 PM

May 2009
TheWitcher said:

Argh, I know for sure what's FHA/ UBW and all fate series and who are the characters but what's HF, could you tell me? I know it's offtopic yet I'm confused, HF? anyone?
HF is Heaven's Feel - The last route of the Fate/stay night VN.
May 26, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:
TheWitcher said:

and the most fitting route for a Fate/zero sequel IF ufotable(After FZ i believe HF will bring even more profit to tthem)gets the rights for FSN from deen.Also offtopic but can someone explain how the rights on a show work?Dont they expire or something?
answer here or in my profile whatever works for you
ssjokgMay 26, 2012 5:34 PM
May 26, 2012 5:43 PM

Apr 2012
The chase with rider is badass.
May 26, 2012 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
stAtic91 said:
TheWitcher said:

and the most fitting route for a Fate/zero sequel IF ufotable(After FZ i believe HF will bring even more profit to tthem)gets the rights for FSN from deen.Also offtopic but can someone explain how the rights on a show work?Dont they expire or something?

"IF" ufotable really does animate HF I hope they do something out of the ordinary and include

in the bluray
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 26, 2012 5:59 PM
Jun 2007
Damn that Kariya scene...he's so messed up right now. I think I laughed a bit too much at Gil's reaction lol. HF series with FZ quality would be amazing. If they end it where FSN starts off then I really hope a HF series come out. Along with a FHA animated series then my life will be complete.
May 26, 2012 6:01 PM

Apr 2012
Shiyo said:
Damn that Kariya scene...he's so messed up right now. I think I laughed a bit too much at Gil's reaction lol. HF series with FZ quality would be amazing. If they end it where FSN starts off then I really hope a HF series come out. Along with a FHA animated series then my life will be complete.

It would be really sad if we get a F/HA adaptation before we get to play it lol...
full patch in 2050...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 26, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
stAtic91 said:
TheWitcher said:

"IF" ufotable really does animate HF I hope they do something out of the ordinary and include

in the bluray

you might have forgotten something....oh wait you didnt.Let them start with the true end .After that I dont have any problem with them animating all the bad ends
May 26, 2012 6:09 PM

Feb 2011
Almost time for rider vs archer?

Can't wait!
May 26, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Although I thought
would have been more emotional, it felt kind of bare.

Kariya's in the right on this one;
If she dies too and not simply knocked out from being choked, I'd be very satisfied with the outcome. And who the hell is she to accuse him of murder? She didn't even see it happen. It's like walking in a room with a dead guy and a man in a suit standing next to him, only to say "You killed him!" when really it could have been the detective overseeing the case of the dead guy.

But it's really too bad Kariya didn't get to do him in himself. He deserved a lot worse than simply being impaled.
Estoy_GordoMay 26, 2012 7:07 PM
May 26, 2012 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
4kicks said:

Kariya's in the right on this one;
If she dies too and not simply knocked out from being choked, I'd be very satisfied with the outcome. And who the hell is she to accuse him of murder? She didn't even see it happen. It's like walking in a room with a dead guy and a man in a suit standing next to him, only to say "You killed him!" when really it could have been the detective overseeing the case of the dead guy.

But it's really too bad Kariya didn't get to do him in himself. He deserved a lot worse than simply being impaled.

Are we watching the same anime? Or are you just trolling. I sincerely hope that you didn't seriously mean what you just said.
BloodRequiemMay 26, 2012 6:35 PM
May 26, 2012 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
besides chase scene which i wish was longer..fuck this episode T_T Kariya really has lost it all pretty much..i hope he makes Kirei suffer too!
May 26, 2012 6:36 PM

May 2012
4kicks said:
And who the hell is she to accuse him of murder? She didn't even see it happen. It's like walking in a room with a dead guy and a man in a suit standing next to him, only to say "You killed him!" when really it could have been the detective overseeing the case of the dead guy.

Seriously? 1. She knew Karyia hated them both for what they did to Sakura 2. How would you react seeing your wife/husband in front you dead just next to the person who hates him/her and fights her/him in a death tournament like Holy Grail War? I bet you'd just calmly greet him and ask who did that? More than that: Karyia didn't even insist on saying that he didn't kill him, the idiot got mad and wanted to kill her too.
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
May 26, 2012 6:40 PM

Dec 2007
Would have been more fitting if he raped her instead but oh wells. Kariya is such a tool.
May 26, 2012 6:48 PM

May 2009
10/10, would fap again. That V-MAX, soundtrack, church scene, fabulous Gil and wine sampling Kirei. This entire episode, really.
May 26, 2012 7:10 PM

Oct 2010
Day2Dream said:
Would have been more fitting if he raped her instead but oh wells. Kariya is such a tool.
I think it would have been better if Aoi somehow did escape with Rin as in USA or something.

Should have never stayed around the area itself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 26, 2012 7:12 PM

Jan 2008
TheWitcher said:
4kicks said:
And who the hell is she to accuse him of murder? She didn't even see it happen. It's like walking in a room with a dead guy and a man in a suit standing next to him, only to say "You killed him!" when really it could have been the detective overseeing the case of the dead guy.

Seriously? 1. She knew Karyia hated them both for what they did to Sakura 2. How would you react seeing your wife/husband in front you dead just next to the person who hates him/her and fights her/him in a death tournament like Holy Grail War? I bet you'd just calmly greet him and ask who did that? More than that: Karyia didn't even insist on saying that he didn't kill him, the idiot got mad and wanted to kill her too.

Makes sense. Point taken. Doesn't change the fact that he did love her, and felt even more betrayed when she essentially rejected him in the end, for lack of a better word.
May 26, 2012 7:20 PM

Sep 2007
Saber didn't even bother asking Rider where Irisviel is. ಠ_ಠ
May 26, 2012 7:22 PM

Nov 2008
Excellent episode the series never dissapoints, that final was very sad and very well displayed.
4 episode remain.
May 26, 2012 7:30 PM

Sep 2010
TheWitcher said:
More than that: Karyia didn't even insist on saying that he didn't kill him, the idiot got mad and wanted to kill her too.

He snapped because of the stress and the worms consuming him, or do you think anyone would stay sane after that?

4kicks said:
Makes sense. Point taken. Doesn't change the fact that he did love her, and felt even more betrayed when she essentially rejected him in the end, for lack of a better word.

It was more than that. He is going to die because he wanted to save her daughter and she has the nerve to blame him about Sakura situation, accusing him he never loved anyone.

True Aoi was grieving, but hell I would have bitchslapped her. Hard.

Although, Kariya did got out of hand was because he was actually insane at that point.
May 26, 2012 7:38 PM

Jul 2011
Fate/Zero does drama right, and inadvertently, horror. There's often the discussion of the "correct" music to play during dramatic scenes, in Clannad's case, it was with extremely memorable and effective songs, in Another's case, it was with cliche, horror music. The former succeeded while the latter failed miserably; Fate on the other hand, embraced silence. There wasn't a memorable OST playing, but rather, a dramatic, deafening silence that afflicted the viewer with trepidation as to what would occur next. It worked extremely well.
May 26, 2012 7:39 PM

Jun 2011
holy shit this episode makes up for the past few somewhat mediocre episodes. :D

5/5

So tragic....
May 26, 2012 8:02 PM
Dec 2007
Thess said:
TheWitcher said:
More than that: Karyia didn't even insist on saying that he didn't kill him, the idiot got mad and wanted to kill her too.

He snapped because of the stress and the worms consuming him, or do you think anyone would stay sane after that?

4kicks said:

It was more than that. He is going to die because he wanted to save her daughter and she has the nerve to blame him about Sakura situation, accusing him he never loved anyone.

Although, Kariya did got out of hand was because he was actually insane at that point.
This... Aoi blamed kariya because the Matou took Sakura from her. He blamed Kariya for something TOkiomi and Zouken decided on their own, something Kariya himself opposed and was trying to fight against. She Blamed the one person who was on Sakura's side. If that's not unjust and derserving of anyone's anger then I don't know what is. Besides, Aoi had seen Kariya's condition and how he pledged he would return their happy days. Did she seriously think he would destroy his body and mind to this degree just to please Zouken and for no other reason, or just to kill Tokiomi? His mind degenerated to the point all he thought was to kill Tokiomi yes, but the start of it all was Sakura and her safety.

And the Zouken/Kirei conversation is such a treat for Fate/Stay Night readers. It's a total tease of a certain Heaven's Feel scene.
Leon-GunMay 26, 2012 8:05 PM

May 26, 2012 8:04 PM
Mar 2012
This episode was great. Almost as good as when Ryuunosuke was in it
5/5
May 26, 2012 8:21 PM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Thess said:
TheWitcher said:

4kicks said:

This... Aoi blamed kariya because the Matou took Sakura from her. He blamed Kariya for something TOkiomi and Zouken decided on their own, something Kariya himself opposed and was trying to fight against. She Blamed the one person who was on Sakura's side. If that's not unjust and derserving of anyone's anger then I don't know what is. Besides, Aoi had seen Kariya's condition and how he pledged he would return their happy days. Did she seriously think he would destroy his body and mind to this degree just to please Zouken and for no other reason, or just to kill Tokiomi? His mind degenerated to the point all he thought was to kill Tokiomi yes, but the start of it all was Sakura and her safety.

And the Zouken/Kirei conversation is such a treat for Fate/Stay Night readers. It's a total tease of a certain Heaven's Feel scene.

I am not sure that Aoi's betrayal caused Kariya to go insane and 'kill' her. He was already betrayed by her, at least in his mind, when she choose Tokiomi over him. I would claim that Kariya had been insane (or has been losing his sanity) since the beginning of the series. After all, what sane person would possibly believe that Zouken would free Sakura if Kariya participates in the war, which he knows he has almost zero chances of winning. What sane person would attack Tokiomi with the fleeting chance Tokiomi would free Sakura from Zouken. WHAT SANE PERSON would bottle up all his emotions like a ticking time-bomb. Thinking Kariya under this perspective clarifies his choice of servant, the insane berserker--who might have actually had similar experiences.

In addition, if I assume that the servants and master are meant to complement each other, then Kirei's change in perspective complements his change of servants. All the knots are tied together.
May 26, 2012 8:27 PM

Apr 2007
Oh Kariya, what a sad sad man you are. Never figured he'd kill Aoi, intentional or not. Also really hated the rage/depressed face she made before getting strangled. It looks so unnatural, ugh.

I can't help feeling disappointed with the confrontation between Rider and Saber. Obviously Saber wanted to go find who really kidnapped Iri and Saber 'wakes up' from her dream or whatever in FSN so Rider shouldn't need to bother, but still. That's it? Not even much conversation between the two. Hopefully the next battle won't be so disappointing.
May 26, 2012 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
Man Kariya completely lost it and Somehow rider survives that excaliblast (didn't think it was possible), but I don't expect him to last much longer sadly.

oh yeah and almost forgot why the hell did Saber just leave the fight with Rider instead of asking him where iri was? Did she just think he wouldn't tell her or did she somehow figure it wasn't actually Rider?
EOTWMay 26, 2012 8:51 PM
May 26, 2012 8:49 PM

Apr 2012
On a side note, I remember Kirei mentioning that it was by coincidence that Saber met up with the real Rider. I wonder what he had in plan if Saber tracked 'Rider' (i.e. Berserker in disguise) to Kariya and Kirei.
May 26, 2012 9:09 PM

Aug 2011
Pooooor Kariya D;
May 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2009
That Kariya/Aoi scene definitely felt like a rape scene. The animation of her body, combined with a bit of imagination, made the scene very compelling.
May 26, 2012 9:43 PM

Dec 2011
I loved that bike chase! Saber is epic as always.

Im suprised that Berserker had such an ability like that. Kariya has no one left that cares about him. He choked the only woman he loved, what a shame.
May 26, 2012 9:46 PM

Feb 2009
EOTW said:
Man Kariya completely lost it and Somehow rider survives that excaliblast (didn't think it was possible), but I don't expect him to last much longer sadly.

oh yeah and almost forgot why the hell did Saber just leave the fight with Rider instead of asking him where iri was? Did she just think he wouldn't tell her or did she somehow figure it wasn't actually Rider?

She didn't actually Excaliblast him in the LN.
It wasn't really that clear in the episode either but she realizes she was tricked:

May 26, 2012 9:53 PM

May 2011
The animations in the bike scene were pretty legit, though they did not come out that great in sill pixels unfortunately, I will add to my gallery regardless. It's a shame the fight against Rider wasn't what I wanted it to be. :(

The scene at the end was alright, facial expressions needed a little bit of tweaking, but it served its purpose. Gilgamesh showing up was fucking awesome!
May 26, 2012 10:29 PM

Mar 2011
lol Kirei why so awesome?

And Kariya snapped (finally). Kariya is definitely my favorite master in this war but I feel like the anime hasn't done him justice, he had not enough screen time really. The scene with Aoi in this episode was done well though, It was painful watching him like that.

Is Ea next ep already? Damn my body not ready
May 26, 2012 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
episode 21

i like Rider now with this episode being King of Conquest means not destroying or degrading an opponent but to win/rule over them, that proves how strong and how confident he is, since we all know in a war/battle/fight its always been much easier to destroy or degrade the enemies

the race is very well done too, that awesome moment when my jaw dropped and i only realize the jaw dropping after all the action

the last part is tragic though, Karia killed his love interest due to him being blind by doubt/fear at that moment, it goes to show you how intense/extreme emotion can easily make someone have poor judgement and become a slave of their bad emotion/instinct, what i hate though is that they made that choking scene look like rape/sex it kinda ruined the moment of tragic for me a little bit since i also felt lust at that scene too
May 26, 2012 10:51 PM

Aug 2008
Kariya's life sucks. Better die than living.
May 26, 2012 10:55 PM

Aug 2008
Dat bike + swordbeam attack = highlights for me this ep.

Drama is gud too :)
May 26, 2012 10:56 PM
May 2010
Kariya's finally snapped. I mean, knowing your days are numbered because your whole body is infested with parasites? Your own father poking fun at your misery? Being told by that one person you sacrificed so much for that you haven't even loved anyone? Anyone would probably become a little unhinged. Especially someone like Kariya who's gone through so much. :|

It kind of felt lacking though. Although the scene itself was pretty intense, I felt like it could have been done better.
May 26, 2012 10:59 PM

Mar 2011
KaitoDash said:
Kariya's life sucks. Better die than living.

Being Lancer is suffering...
Being Kiritsugu is suffering...
Being Kariya is suffering...
etc..
May 26, 2012 11:25 PM
Dec 2007
dio_brando86 said:
EOTW said:

It wasn't really that clear in the episode either but she realizes she was tricked:

I think it's easy to put two and two together and realize she didn't charge up the attack completely. Rider's assertion of her attack was not wrong at all, he could have viably rushed her with his chariot while she charged the attack with the necessary force to kill Rider or incapacitate him. SHe basically just sent out a strong enough blast to destroy the Chariot and left after realizing something was at odds. Since Rider was acting as oblivious and grandiously "dumb" as usual she wouldn't bother wasting time asking him questions he likely had no answers for (especially since it could lead to further confrontation, she didn't defeat him or even injure him much but merely took out one of his weapons) and instead kept the search.

May 26, 2012 11:48 PM

Jul 2011
Leon-Gun said:
dio_brando86 said:
EOTW said:

I think it's easy to put two and two together and realize she didn't charge up the attack completely. Rider's assertion of her attack was not wrong at all, he could have viably rushed her with his chariot while she charged the attack with the necessary force to kill Rider or incapacitate him. SHe basically just sent out a strong enough blast to destroy the Chariot and left after realizing something was at odds. Since Rider was acting as oblivious and grandiously "dumb" as usual she wouldn't bother wasting time asking him questions he likely had no answers for (especially since it could lead to further confrontation, she didn't defeat him or even injure him much but merely took out one of his weapons) and instead kept the search.

I mean I think they should've have put in Saber's inner monologue that mentioned that they were heading to the castle because that would make things more clear. They left out the why (why saber withdrew) so to speak and kept the what (of course the what needed to be there though). It's not really important I just think it would've added a tiny bit more clarity to the scene. Also, not sure how we're supposed to assume Rider's assumption of Saber's NP is right I mean the blast looked legit (lighting up the town). I was just surprised he was unscathed, but she held back on him huh? Was it because she didn't want to waste anymore time with Rider once she figured out something was up and she merely immobilized him?
May 26, 2012 11:50 PM

Aug 2010
The race between Saber and Rider was amazing. So I'm guessing Saber realized that Rider wasn't the one who kidnapped Irisviel. I feel bad for Kariya his life just full of suffering. I liked how Gilgamesh came in the ending of the episode, I didn't expect to see him. Overall it was a great episode, and it looks like next week will be the start of Gil and Riders battle.
May 26, 2012 11:55 PM

Sep 2010
dio_brando86 said:

Yes, she did.

If the hilt of her precious sword had still been in her hand, then she would definitely have been certain of victory; facing the golden radiance that Rider raised, there was only one thing that she could shout out, one true name.

“Ex—“

In the moment that the rushing incarnation of thunder was about to trample upon Saber’s small frame—

“Calibur!”

Golden lightning, as if radiating countless comets, made the night as bright as day.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.