Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Dec 14, 2013 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
Up until this point, I actually felt bad for Kariya...and now it's gone. The death scene was horribly creepy, and scared me a bit.

I did love the animation and music throughout this episode, especially during the Riders chase. Berserker Noble Phantasm is useful, wasn't expecting that. I wonder if he can turn into any servant, and not just the ones currently in battle.
Dec 14, 2013 11:02 PM

Aug 2009
Politoed said:
Up until this point, I actually felt bad for Kariya...and now it's gone. The death scene was horribly creepy, and scared me a bit.

But he didnt do something bad.At least not while he was able to think straight.
Dec 28, 2013 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
For a king of heroes, Gilgamesh isn't very heroic :|
Dec 28, 2013 11:38 PM

Aug 2009
LividDavid said:
For a king of heroes, Gilgamesh isn't very heroic :|
Thats small stuff compared to what Rider did in his life.

And hero=/=good person.
Feb 1, 2014 3:31 AM
Nov 2013
Damn, this show is becoming dark. Kirei is becoming more interesting each episode, and Kariya's mental collapse was haunting to watch, really well done. Too bad to see him drop out in such a way through, I did like him.
Feb 16, 2014 6:32 AM

May 2013
:(
Mar 6, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
SatanicBeaver said:
Damn, this show is becoming dark. Kirei is becoming more interesting each episode, and Kariya's mental collapse was haunting to watch, really well done. Too bad to see him drop out in such a way through, I did like him.

Haunting is probably the perfect way to describe what happened to Kariya. Even though he wasn't responsible for Tokiomi's death, his intentions and blood lust were written all over him. The body count keeps racking up each episode and it's getting harder to fight back the urge to cry.
Mar 18, 2014 10:03 PM
Apr 2011
kiritsugu was pretty harsh shooting shinji's dad (i think that's who it was) in the limbs when he had no involvement in the war or magic in general
Mar 18, 2014 10:37 PM

Aug 2009
MaxVdub said:
kiritsugu was pretty harsh shooting shinji's dad (i think that's who it was) in the limbs when he had no involvement in the war or magic in general
HE was vey involved in tormenting Sakura so yes he was involved.
He was trash just like his son was.
Mar 18, 2014 10:47 PM
Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

was that mentioned in heaven's feel? i thought it was mainly shinji and zouken. guess the whole damn family is evil then. also, i doubt kiritsugu knew that, or cared if he did.
Mar 18, 2014 10:57 PM

Aug 2009
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

was that mentioned in heaven's feel? i thought it was mainly shinji and zouken. guess the whole damn family is evil then. also, i doubt kiritsugu knew that, or cared if he did.
HE definitely didnt know about Sakura but if Kariya who left the family was now a Master why would Byakuya not be involved in the family business?Since he found him he definitely had done his research.Sucking as a magus doesnt mean he doesnt know anything.
Mar 18, 2014 11:52 PM
Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

HE definitely didnt know about Sakura but if Kariya who left the family was now a Master why would Byakuya not be involved in the family business?Since he found him he definitely had done his research.Sucking as a magus doesnt mean he doesnt know anything.

sucking as a magus? correct me if i'm wrong but shinji's dad wasn't a magus at all. he didn't have the talent, right?
Mar 18, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2009
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

sucking as a magus? correct me if i'm wrong but shinji's dad wasn't a magus at all. he didn't have the talent, right?

That's what I mean."Person that knows about the family business and magecraft, but cant use them a all" is a bit tedious so....
Apr 20, 2014 12:31 AM

May 2013
I just cant get enough of the ending song
Apr 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
wow this ep was so messed up loving this series right now
Yo
May 6, 2014 7:33 PM
Oct 2013
For a second I thought Kariya was going to rape Aoi. I was like, hell no that is not happening. Also, did Kariya like Aoi? I think it was hinting at that a little.
May 6, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2009
henderson1147 said:
For a second I thought Kariya was going to rape Aoi. I was like, hell no that is not happening. Also, did Kariya like Aoi? I think it was hinting at that a little.
Hinting?....Seriously?
May 7, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
Scenes like the last gives me an awkward feeling everytime
May 8, 2014 11:43 PM

Jan 2009
1. Epic motorcycle riding by saber

2. Talk about bad timing with aoi & kariya. Can't believe kariya killed her…

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 25, 2014 9:58 PM
Jun 2013
uhhh saber shouldint you have find it odd he had no horses the first time you saw him then had them all of a sudden the second time you saw him.I mean you would have notice him summoning them since it does make a big ol noise.thank god this road just happens to be empty lol. Oh dam dont mess with kiritsugu wife and was that shinjis pops or something?Oh shut up Aoi nothing you say matters.You didint even try to do anything about sakura being taken away.For a second I thought he was going to rape her thankfully he was just choking her.Dam I feel bad for kariya and him walking like that makes it worse.Though I kinda chuckle cause animation wise it was pretty funny to look at.
souledge94May 25, 2014 10:03 PM
Jun 7, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2012
Holy crap so dark

Kariya has had one of the worst lives I've seen in anime, which is saying something. What's intriguing is that his descent into insanity could be pointed to even the first episode. Despite the fact that she had chosen the other man, he was in denial and acted like Aoi and her daughters were actually HIS family. His desperation to save Sakura so they could "all have fun again", his suggestion that they run away together - what they saw as playing around in the park became far more than it should've to him, because he had never accepted Aoi's decision emotionally.

Aoi's cold rejection of the delusion he'd been trying to hold was the straw that broke him.
NinahJun 7, 2014 9:16 PM
Aug 24, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2009
I was sure it was a rape scene, the way it was shown..but nope :v!

I feel bad for Rin, but her mother was a bitch :>
Aug 25, 2014 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
Damn that was a good episode.. everything from the animation quality of Saber on motorycle/saber vs rider, that entire scene with kairya , tokyomi's body and his wife, and then Gil's and Kotmines comments afterwards.

why the duce did kiarya have to kill Rin and Sakura's mom!?! Even rewatching it this time, for some reason I forgot about that happening damn..

The first season had some meh-ish episodes, but 2nd Season of fate zero is just all killer no filler...
Aug 25, 2014 6:21 PM

Nov 2013
midnightblade said:
why the duce did kiarya have to kill Rin and Sakura's mom!?!
Obviously he is not in a good and sane state. It was a crazy thing he did on impulse.
Sep 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
One ep, one death? It's getting strangely repetetive. But I guess Kariya is now stripped of the remains of his humanity. In fact, perfect match for Berserker considering suffering they are going through. But I doubt Kotomine has any more interest in him right now as he already broke him completely and satisfied his curiosity. Maybe only as his tool. Now he only needs to comfort Rin and fulfill his promise to provide her consequent guidiance as her new patron.

Saber transforming her motorbike before felt a bit cheesy but the chase was animated well otherwise.
I just don't understand why did she let him go in the end (and why did she even fight him when she realized Iri was elsewhere).
Sep 4, 2014 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:

I just don't understand why did she let him go in the end (and why did she even fight him when she realized Iri was elsewhere).

Rider was heading to the castle to challenge her.By fighting she was able to destroy their only method of pursuing her.That was enough for her at that point.She doesnt know if he can use his RM so "giving up" on that and focuisng on Iri is a good choice.
Sep 4, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Rider was heading to the castle to challenge her.By fighting she was able to destroy their only method of pursuing her.That was enough for her at that point.She doesnt know if he can use his RM so "giving up" on that and focuisng on Iri is a good choice.

Oh, means of transport, right, I didn't realize they were so far away from the city (I know, Waver mentioned it). But still, Rider could simply steal some car passing by to get back to her. I would say that was very unresponsible from Saber (not to mention she didn't even tried to question him about Iri's location - as she still don't know that Rider was fake). Just theoreticaly, he could have threw her to his reality marble, and that would put others into disadventage, for example.
Sep 4, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
Rider cant boost vehicles like Saber.And a large paert of the road was destroyed thanks to both of them.
RM's dont work as mobile vaults so I dont see how that works even as a theory.
Sep 5, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
Zouken and Kirei, birds of a feather. That was brutal, poor Kariya.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 21, 2014 9:39 AM

Dec 2010
Fu** you Kirei, you son of a bitch. Though this prequel rather well explains Kirei's personality and reasons in FSN.
Sep 28, 2014 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
Honestly that woman deserved death. She loved a man who sold out his daughter for his love of magic. Her daughter had her life taken because of her husband's selfish reasons. She was mad at the only man trying to save her daughter? Sorry she deserved it.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 28, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
That man was the only one who understood why Sakura had to get away from Zouken. He never bothered to tell anyone else, so of course no one's gonna understand him. The worms inside him already destroyed his rational thinking. If his first priority was saving Sakura, he never would have intended to fight Tokiomi all the time.
Sep 29, 2014 2:03 AM

Jul 2007
^^^This this this
Sakura's pain and suffering was basically a way for him to replay his heroic delusions of NTR-ing the woman he loves from the man he wants to kill.

Kariya did not bother to explain what he knew about Zouken - no one else knew that. To Tokiomi, Zouken was a head of a family that cooperated with them for a long time and has been since dying away in magic. And thread of Magic Association ruining one sister's life seemed to great of a price. So it seemed rational to give her a chance be a head of another family, so even if both sisters would have to clash in future, both would have equal chances to survive.
Sep 29, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
so even if both sisters would have to clash in future, both would have equal chances to survive.
This isn't something a father should take pride in.
Sep 29, 2014 5:39 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
CookingPriest said:
so even if both sisters would have to clash in future, both would have equal chances to survive.
This isn't something a father should take pride in.

Giving both even chances > playing favorites and dooming one while saving the other.

In Tokiomi's eyes, what he did would mean that their OWN personality and conviction would decide their fates, instead of his control.

He was an idiot(again most of F.0 cast were) and delusional but he had right motivation in this. Sadly, just as Tohsaka hereditary geneology dictates, he made worst possible choices with least information because of it.

Do I like his choice? No. Do I excuse the way magi society handles matters? FUCK NO. But I can empathize with reasoning behind his actions far more than let's say with Kariya.
Sep 29, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2009
Then it boils down to who you can empathize with and for me it isn't Tokiomi.
Oct 5, 2014 5:39 AM

Jun 2014

Did you like not watch the episode, because zouken did not die.
Previously: BlueXRam
Jan 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Oct 2013
so... lemme get this straight... the previous episode discussion thread has a number of people wondering why Rider would kidnap Irisviel and kill Maiya because it was out of character for him to do something like that, while the local priests and other Fatefags were trying to argue why it is completely in character for him to do that DESPITE knowing full well he DIDN'T?

Essentially all the people questioning Rider were right that it is out of character, and he would not do something "dishonorable" like sneak attacking his enemy's loved ones - ones not even directly related to Saber, as Irisviel was not and is not Saber's master - as a means of threatening and pressuring them. In fact, all of Rider's actions in the series prove he would not use those kinds of "sneaky" battle tactics, as he has always chosen to attack his enemies head on. A hero like Iskandar uses tactics that ring of GLORY after all.

tl;dr Fatefags confirmed the worst

On another note, holy shit that ending. That was tragic and difficult to watch. Kariya is honestly both one of the most interesting and most pitiable characters in this series. Diving so deep into your own insanity that you kill the only person you truly love... powerful shit.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2009
Enslaving people is also part of GLORY.

Why would wits NOT be part of it?

FFS Rider isnt a saint of the battlefield.The only reason it would be OOC for him to do that is because he has to "teach her a lesson" not because kidnapping "not so unrelated" people close to Saber is sneaky.
Jan 3, 2015 5:55 AM

Oct 2013
Sneak attacks are almost universally not considered glorious. Enslaving them in front of her and openly mocking her lack of ability to stop him - that's glorious. But doing it without her even being around? That's some Assassin-tier shit.

And it's actually irrelevant because he didn't even do it.

RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2015 6:10 AM

Aug 2009
Jan 3, 2015 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
this episode.. just wow.

no words
Jan 3, 2015 10:31 PM

Nov 2013
Zadion said:
Wait what?

What does this have to do with what was being discussed?
Jan 3, 2015 10:39 PM

Mar 2013
It doesn't but it's true and it had to be said.
Jan 3, 2015 10:44 PM

Nov 2013
But there are a number of more suitable instances to say this, this isn't one of them. On the contrary, in this one we were making good discussion.
Jan 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Mar 2013
You keep telling yourself that.
Jan 4, 2015 2:40 AM

Aug 2009
SpaceHamster said:
If you're looking for some honorable warrior, you're looking for F/Z Lancer.

Ohohohohhahahaha.
Jan 4, 2015 5:25 AM
Jan 4, 2015 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
fst said:
It doesn't but it's true and it had to be said.

tbh

RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 4, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2007
Zadion said:
so... lemme get this straight... the previous episode discussion thread has a number of people wondering why Rider would kidnap Irisviel and kill Maiya because it was out of character for him to do something like that, while the local priests and other Fatefags were trying to argue why it is completely in character for him to do that DESPITE knowing full well he DIDN'T?

Essentially all the people questioning Rider were right that it is out of character, and he would not do something "dishonorable" like sneak attacking his enemy's loved ones - ones not even directly related to Saber, as Irisviel was not and is not Saber's master - as a means of threatening and pressuring them. In fact, all of Rider's actions in the series prove he would not use those kinds of "sneaky" battle tactics, as he has always chosen to attack his enemies head on. A hero like Iskandar uses tactics that ring of GLORY after all.

On another note, holy shit that ending. That was tragic and difficult to watch. Kariya is honestly both one of the most interesting and most pitiable characters in this series. Diving so deep into your own insanity that you kill the only person you truly love... powerful shit.

It is entirely in line to Rider's character. Whether it was rider or not does NOT matter.

It is something Alexander would do as he tortured to death and backstabbed his own family members and was beyond brutal.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.