Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2012 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
With the decline in activity, I think I would attempt to spark discussion by reminding ourselves why we love Fate.

I'll start, Fate had remarkable character development from S1 to Strikers starting out as this shy, sort of mysterious girl to becoming very openly caring.
My vision is augmented.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 26, 2012 7:02 AM

Apr 2007
She is just so beautiful as a character. Tragic past, lonely childhood, unconventional upbringing and subsequent alienation from peers, a huge amount of sheer raw magical power, and an enduring and undeniable infatuation with Nanoha. She's someone that has been through so much, and yet always comes out a better person because of it. And to top it all off, she is absolutely gorgeous as an adult, and adorable as a loli. The Crème de la Crème of moe.

Because 4 lines of text isn't enough to describe Fate:

She's a character who has unwavering loyalty to a select few people(mostly Nanoha; and Precia in the first season)and I find that far more endearing than a character who tries to please and be friends with everyone. Sure, she's friendly to most people, but you can tell how much more certain people mean to her, compared to everyone else. And despite being a complete bad ass in battle she still retains a modest persona.

And the dream eater sequence in A's engraved into my mind a stricter criteria for what defines a good character, because I had never before seen such unbelievable development in such short a time. She gave up the past she always dreamed of for the friend she now has in the present. Give almost any other character that same opportunity, and they would almost certainly chose the past.

On a final note, I may not have brought up StrikerS Fate as much, but I love her all the same. I just feel nearly all of Fate's development happened during the first two seasons. By StrikerS she was already perfected, and put what she's learned to action. And it was glorious, but not something that can really be explained in Vivid detail. She kicks ass, okay!

Yeah, I'm just rambling now. D:
I could go on, but I've said my key points.
May 26, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
I haven't watched StrikerS as of yet, so I can only judge her based on the first two seasons.

The moment she appeared in the first season to challenge Nanoha, I knew there was something special about her. Every time she encountered and fought Nanoha, you could see the emptiness she had inside her. However, during the scenes with Arf and her mother, some of her true feelings seem to seep through. At the end of the first season, you can see just how loyal and willing she was. Despite the brutal abuse she took from her mother, and all the help she received from Nanoha prior to that, she was still willing to take her mother's side. That moment took me by surprise, and I also found it very touching.

The second season displays a more timid and tender side to her character that was only really present in the final events of the first season. While she was indeed a caring and loving character, that did not hamper her ability to kick ass during
battle. Able to go toe to toe with Signum.

The scene where she finally gets to reunite with her sister and mother was also bitter sweet. I usually do not get so emotionally whenever I watch anything, but I seriously felt happy for her that she was able to see them again.

Fate all around is just an awesome character. From my perspective, and many others here I bet, she is above everyone else. She has her strengths and weakness you could say, but that just makes her more of a believable character and someone you can't not admire. Fate is synonymous with goddess.
FateismMay 26, 2012 2:20 PM
[color=#993300]
"I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlCIPj1ZoM0]
[/color]
[/url]

May 26, 2012 7:31 PM

May 2011
Killuan pretty much said everything I wanted to say, >_>.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/262276410528449/
Facebook group for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series.
Sep 21, 2012 4:34 PM

May 2011
Killuan said:
She is just so beautiful as a character. Tragic past, lonely childhood, unconventional upbringing and subsequent alienation from peers, a huge amount of sheer raw magical power, and an enduring and undeniable infatuation with Nanoha. She's someone that has been through so much, and yet always comes out a better person because of it. And to top it all off, she is absolutely gorgeous as an adult, and adorable as a loli. The Crème de la Crème of moe.

She's a character who has unwavering loyalty to a select few people(mostly Nanoha; and Precia in the first season)and I find that far more endearing than a character who tries to please and be friends with everyone. Sure, she's friendly to most people, but you can tell how much more certain people mean to her, compared to everyone else. And despite being a complete bad ass in battle she still retains a modest persona.

And the dream eater sequence in A's engraved into my mind a stricter criteria for what defines a good character, because I had never before seen such unbelievable development in such short a time. She gave up the past she always dreamed of for the friend she now has in the present. Give almost any other character that same opportunity, and they would almost certainly chose the past.

On a final note, I may not have brought up StrikerS Fate as much, but I love her all the same. I just feel nearly all of Fate's development happened during the first two seasons. By StrikerS she was already perfected, and put what she's learned to action. And it was glorious, but not something that can really be explained in Vivid detail. She kicks ass, okay!

Damn, I have nothing to say than agree with this.
Sep 25, 2012 9:52 AM

Jun 2007
I believe the one thing that draws me to Fate is her level of perseverance, especially during the final battle of A's where she broke free of dream world imposed by the Book of Darkness. She could have allowed the past to drag her back, but kept going to thrive in the present and future.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Jan 9, 2013 4:41 AM
Nov 2011
Killuan said:

THIS.
I noticed a random thing: I change my taste in characters pretty often, however I have not removed Fate from favorites since I added her there. I just can't do it.
-___-
Jul 26, 2013 8:20 AM
Mar 2012
Here's something I posted over at animesuki, now it isn't just about Fate but does sum up why she is so great.

Fate, Hayate and Nanoha show us true heroism. Some people get this wrong, they think being heroic is about violence and physical strength. It isn't. Take Fate, despite everything she went through she is able to forgive, to show compassion and mercy. The same can be said of Hayate and of Nanoha who acts with her values of compassion and helping others at the forefront. In Strikers for example instead of killing Quatro, something many others might have done, she avoids the temptation and acts according to her principles even rescuing her. Fate didn't have to try and save Precia but she did. That is true heroism. The ability to follow your principles to show compassion even in situations like that is something we should admire. They refuse to give in to hate or anger. These three make fantastic role models it's a pity that the ones who get chosen in anime as role models are often the violent psychopaths whose only emotion is rage and who'se life approach is to grab whatever they want regardless of other people.
Jul 26, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2007
Pencil_P? That's Ironic. The internet doesn't feel so massive at times. :3
Jul 27, 2013 5:22 PM
Mar 2012
@ Killuan, you wouldn't also happen to go under the name of Demi at a certain forum where a certain character is rather less liked than most forums about the series this character is in?

Anyway how does one measure the size of the internet?
Jul 27, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2007
I am, but lets not talk about that part of the internet. :3

Well, meeting and recognizing some one under a different name in two different parts of the internet. Can't be too common. We do share a similar interest in a particular character, though. :3
Aug 1, 2013 12:46 PM
Mar 2012
For the benifit of people other than Killuan who already knows why I like Fate (and why am I not surprised you're the creator of this club) I will give a couple of my other reasons for liking Fate.

She is a tragic character done well. She has a tragic past but she isn't limited to it. Often when writers try to create tragic characters they focus so much on the tradegy they forget the character. Fate has a plight, it's an important part of what makes her tick but she isn't just her plight.

Alternative another issue with tragic backstories that she avoids is it brought out completely out of the blue and then forgotten about. For a tragic backstory to work it does needs to affect the character. There needs to be hints of it in how they act so even if we never find out exactly what happened it's clear something happened. Fate also does this.

So Fate is more than just a tragic past yet that the effects of that tradegy are clear.
PGitAug 1, 2013 1:10 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Fate Member cards ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2009

874 by AnimeRbdLover »»
Jan 4, 2016 3:13 PM

» Fate chan's figures/toys ( 1 2 )

yukik - Jan 17, 2009

57 by Killuan »»
Apr 29, 2015 6:30 AM

» Differences between Movie Fate and TV Fate

Archon_Wing - Jul 13, 2013

3 by Killuan »»
Mar 14, 2015 7:41 PM

Poll: » Favourite song from Nanoha Movie 2nd A's OST or Singles

SilentTruth - Mar 28, 2013

4 by Mini_Lancer »»
May 25, 2013 8:02 AM

Poll: » Favourite version of Fate (age) ( 1 2 )

xelloss - Jul 3, 2009

80 by DeletedAccount_ »»
Jan 9, 2013 4:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.