Mikoto and Yuki from Over Drive
Zetsubou-sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Hikari from Special A
May 25, 2012 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Every character from Gantz.
May 25, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2011
I dropped Fairy Tail because I just couldn't manage to like any of the characters and watching long series when you're not attached to any character is a pain.

Every character from most ecchi I've seen. Who needs personality when you have boobs and a short skirt (or a harem).
May 25, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
Started trying to watch Tsuritama but Haru is tempting me to drop.
[right]

May 27, 2012 10:23 PM

Jan 2010
Tsunderes.

I avoid watching anime with tsundere female character in it.
May 28, 2012 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
Most recently, it was Mahiru from Kamisama Dolls. She appeared just three episodes before the end, but after watching only one episode of her being an insufferable bitch, I couldn't watch any more episodes with her in it.

Also, in general whenever there is an overly violent bitchy tsundere character, she often makes me drop the show unless there is something else keeping me in it.
May 28, 2012 4:41 AM
May 2012
makoto itou of school days
nagase junichi of akane-iro ni somaru saka
karin of karin
characters of r-15 - i don't know why but it's first episode was too boring
characters of shukufuku no campanella - i don't know why ??
souichirou nagi of tenjou tenge
May 28, 2012 9:14 PM

Sep 2009
CCCrazyFangirl said:
Tsunderes.

I avoid watching anime with tsundere female character in it.

This. I always try to stick it out with tsundere series if I'm ever unfortunate enough to start one, but they always make it so hard for me to make it through each episode. xP
May 28, 2012 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
kentick said:

About Mirai Nikki, If you get a diary that can predict your own future, the first thing you do is go to a bet house, or at least not being so pussy...There are characters that are not brave but intelligent, there are characters that are brave but no intelligent, there are characters that are both (strange thing by the way) and after is this guy, who's a coward and an idiot, that only gets goods mark because of his "future diary". Oh my god, seriously, the power to predict your future and only uses it to avoid bullying (I was kinda surprise about it, the series put in a normal place to be bullied because of your good marks in an exam) and to get better marks...seriously, I hate this character...After you there is a yandere who is the idol of the school, ok this seems a lot of difficult to solve, but even with that, he is just a pussy.
Unless the guy is a genius, which he isn't, then he'd use the diary like any normal kid would do. I say genius, because he'll likely get caught in your bet house suggestion, then they'd steal his phone, use it instead. Actually, I was surprised the teacher didn't catch him cheating. It should be pretty easy since the guy was doing an awful job at trying to be discrete. It's ridiculously easy to criticize others for their action in an impossibly hypothetical scenario, but when it came down to it, his actions are not really that unrealistic. Annoying for you, maybe, but plausible.

What was hilarious was that he could drive. That was some lolwat material since there was never any preamble that he could do so. Yet he drives like a pro in one of those action film car chases. :/
May 28, 2012 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
Kira Yamato-Gundam Seed
May 28, 2012 10:31 PM

Feb 2012
Shirou from Fate/ Stay Night
May 29, 2012 9:51 AM

Sep 2010
Characters that made you drop anime

None.
The topic doesn't make sense to me.

May 29, 2012 9:54 AM

May 2011
Naruto from naruto u.u
''I was dead serious''

Jul 1, 2012 9:55 AM

May 2012
Jaden Yuki made me drop watching YGO GX.
WICHTIGE UMFRAGE zum Thema Anime/Manga/Japan/...
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/umfragen/85928/
Bitte macht mit, falls ihr es noch nicht getan habt.
DANKE! ^^
Jul 1, 2012 10:36 AM

Oct 2011
Almost all the characters from Shakugan no Shana S2 besides Shana.
Their personalities are just boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
Haru from Accel World.

Couldn't stand seeing a fat blob 1/4 the size of other characters while the other characters are normal. Also couldn't stand the fact that this blob somehow became a love interest. I wouldn't mind it as much if Accel World didn't take itself seriously and was a highschool comedy where fat blobs were the norm, but sadly that's not the case.
Jul 1, 2012 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
Every Character in Gundam SD Force!
Jul 1, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
naruto becease of naruto.
one piece because of the main characters in the first episode.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 1, 2012 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
Watanuki - xxxHolic
Luffy, Usopp, Chopper - One Piece
Kintaro - Golden Boy
Desert Punk - Desert Punk
Jul 1, 2012 11:13 AM
Jul 2012
Serena Tsukino=sailor moon

I do like the series, but it was way to much focus on her and her happiness, and the other scouts were left just to be her servants.
Jul 1, 2012 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
Everyone in K-On.
Jul 1, 2012 12:50 PM

Mar 2008
most of the time i force myself to continue watching..

naruto, sakura, sasuke - naruto

hetalia axis powers - urgh.. don't even get me started..

shakugan no shana II - mainly kazumi and yuuji also started to annoy me
Jul 1, 2012 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
Alto made me not want to watch the macross frontier movies.
Jul 1, 2012 7:02 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
None. Too shallow of a reason to drop an anime IMO.
Jul 1, 2012 7:06 PM

Jul 2010
BatoKusanagi said:
None. Too shallow of a reason to drop an anime IMO.

Indeed.
Jul 1, 2012 7:09 PM

Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
Chihaya made me drop iDOLM@STER
Yamada, Satou, and Souma made me drop Working!!
Azu-nyan made me drop K-ON!
Chitanda made me drop Hyouka
Ken made me drop Seitokai no Ichizon
Shizuo made me drop Durarara!!
You're sarcasm got me there at first.
Jul 1, 2012 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
Yuuji from Shakugan no Shana this is the most stupidest anime character I have ever seen in my whole time watching anime. He never notices that the 2 main girls love him in the most obvious points when they`re jealous. He made me drop it atm i`m just baring with it on season 2. He bugs me so bad that I want to throw my new computer out of the window. On the side of that he doesent even show any emotions AT ALL...
SasoraJul 1, 2012 7:24 PM
Jul 1, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2010
Its funny to read how people drop series because of my favourite characters xD
Jul 1, 2012 7:24 PM
Feb 2012
the only character that ever made me drop an anime was miura in bakuman, to this day i still hate that guy
Jul 1, 2012 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
GuZ said:
I have yet to drop a show for good, but some MCs single-handedly made me hate/dislike shows that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Those three perverts in Green Green weren't main characters, but I just can't go without mentioning them. They got at least as much on-screen time as the actual MC so they should pass anyway.

The little kid in Kanokon. He never did anything in the show except being a pussy and get sexually assaulted. Oh, and his voice.

Some other mentions, but not nearly as extreme
Elfen Lied
Amagami SS+ plus
Final Approach
Zero no Tsukaima (the last few seasons anyway)

Ahhahaha "All he did was get sexually assaulted." That bugged me that he didnt show interest besides pity if that was me woow.. And his art style is idiotic considering he looks like a lolicon or a chibi version but is a damn highschooler.
Jul 1, 2012 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
I ALMOST dropped Haiyore! Nyaruko-san because of Mahiro, he's a horrible MC.
Jul 1, 2012 7:38 PM
Apr 2010
ZiGGuRaT said:
Yuuji from Shakugan no Shana this is the most stupidest anime character I have ever seen in my whole time watching anime. He never notices that the 2 main girls love him in the most obvious points when they`re jealous. He made me drop it atm i`m just baring with it on season 2. He bugs me so bad that I want to throw my new computer out of the window. On the side of that he doesent even show any emotions AT ALL...

I'm assuming you've never watched harem anime before.
Jul 1, 2012 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
NiN10d0h said:
ZiGGuRaT said:

I'm assuming you've never watched harem anime before.
Jul 1, 2012 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
The main character of Highschool DxD sort of. After Seikon no Qwaser i felt i should give ecchi series a chance before ignoring them completely. I watched the first episode disturbed by the lead. I know it's normal for a teenage boy to be kind of a pervert, but he was just terrible...ugh. Disgusted me.
In the end i used my hate for him as a reason to drop it next to it's stupid-sounding plot and the fact that i couldn't really watch it in my room (i live with siblings) considering all the fanservice and nudity.
Jul 1, 2012 8:11 PM

Jun 2012
Fuko Ibuki of Clannad. I don't see a reason why she exists. It made the anime confusing, in my own point of view.

Jul 1, 2012 8:27 PM

Dec 2011
Yuki is definitely the reason why I've had Mirai Nikki on hold for like over half a year.
I had Bokura ga Ita on hold for a long ass time too before I finished because of the female mc.
Jul 1, 2012 8:34 PM

Dec 2011
BelldandyMai said:
Fuko Ibuki of Clannad. I don't see a reason why she exists. It made the anime confusing, in my own point of view.
I just spent the day watching the first season, and by golly she was a fun character. Especially after the wedding.

I can't think of a circumstance where i've actually dropped a show because of a character. It's usually just because the show sucks.
Jul 1, 2012 11:17 PM
Jun 2012
I was probably about to drop it soon anyway due to all its fillers and no plot.

I don't even remember the name of the characters.

All I know is, I saw pirates in Naruto one day shooting cannon balls at Naruto's small ship, and I hit the exit button on my browser. Too bad. I really liked Lee.
Jul 1, 2012 11:41 PM

Oct 2011
Shu from Guilty Crown. Although there is a plethora of reasons to drop Guilty Crown, I think he was the driving force in it finally getting dropped.
Jul 2, 2012 12:15 AM
Jun 2012
mitch3315 said:

Shizuo made me drop Durarara!!

Dude , he's your damn icon lol .
Anyway , Saya made me drop Blood + .. It had potential but she was so un protagonist like .
Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil ? - Lelouch vi Britannia
Jul 2, 2012 2:03 AM

Apr 2012
You guys should say why they made you drop the show in a spoiler or something if you didn't. I'm curious as to why because I have never hated a character or show enough for me to drop it. I feel its unfair and i might be dropping a potentially good show but i might just be too patient.
Jul 2, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
lordzeru said:
Shu from Guilty Crown. Although there is a plethora of reasons to drop Guilty Crown, I think he was the driving force in it finally getting dropped.

I thought the same at first as well but when you keep on watching there will be

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jul 2, 2012 2:27 AM

Mar 2008
Zero inspired me to drop Vampire Knight.

Most other cases in which I dropped a series was because I disliked every character. Even one good character can be enough for me to watch a series, assuming they appear often enough.

The main characters of Mirai Nikki and Neon Genesis Evangelion really made me want to drop those anime, though. Or kill them. But the other characters helped me endure them until the end.
Jul 2, 2012 2:49 AM

Jun 2012
GuZ said:
The little kid in Kanokon. He never did anything in the show except being a pussy and get sexually assaulted. Oh, and his voice.

This is probably the main reason I dropped it too, though I didn't really like the plot all that much either. Also:

Haruhi made me drop that melancholy show.

I have it on stalled, but Amagami SS's male lead made me do so. And other than Monster, I'm not guaranteed to actually go back to anything on my stalled list.
Jul 2, 2012 2:53 AM

Feb 2012
Everyone in Aquarion Evol
Jul 2, 2012 8:50 AM

Oct 2011
Koolman511 said:
I thought the same at first as well but when you keep on watching there will be

I somehow doubt there is enough development of any kind in the final chunk of episodes I had left to change my mind that the serious blew more than a hooker on a Friday night.
Jul 2, 2012 9:18 AM

Jan 2010
I started Jormungand, and I did watch it 4 episodes, and then I just stopped. Yeah, all the characters look ugly but I can handle that thing if the characters natures are interesting, but in Jormungand, there were only typical, annoying and boring characters.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! The main character, I just don't like girls who are annoying.

But the biggest annoying character is in Monochrome Factor, she is Suzuno, Aya. She just do watch she wants, yell and hit others without reasons. I just can't handle characters that do that.
But I'm always thinking back, that maybe someday I can handle her and watch the anime. Because I believe the anime is worth of watching. And so it is sad that some character can ruin it.
Jul 2, 2012 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
I guess there a lot of people who think dropping anime basing on hatred characters is a nonsense, but I dont know...I just care toomuch about the characters to see an anime, for example there are a lot of animes whose plot sucks and only are really good because of the characters design (For example "The World God Only Knows")...

I dont know, like I said I guess it depends on how much important do you consider the characters in anime dropping...

By the way, I agree with Sephiex, that Vampire Knight is..just...Twilight in anime, and I hated that kind of characters...Of course, the same as Mirai Nikki or EVA...

About kanokon, firstly is a soft hentai or hard ecchi, who sucks. But yes, maybe if they put a guy with some guts and not a pussy wimp, I could finish it...I also must say, that is a Shotacon series, and I hate them. Also with Lolicons...
Jul 2, 2012 9:22 AM

Jun 2012
That chick from this idol anime that had yellow eyes...

very scary.... (the yellow EYES!)
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jul 2, 2012 10:52 AM
Sep 2010
Hunny senpai from Ouran Host Club.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 4 hours ago

6 by traed »»
42 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 55 minutes ago

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

51 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 5 hours ago

8 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

98 by traed »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.