MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Characters that made you drop anime
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Characters that made you drop anime

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
05-25-12, 6:46 AM

The guys from Green Green NEARLY made me drop it, nfi why I did not. That was back before I started dropping anime. The 'friends' from Maison Ikkoku very nearly made me drop it was well, though again I persisted. Those are the closest I have come to dropping a show specifically because of characters.
Worships Asparagus.

05-25-12, 7:05 AM

kanon-chan said:

-Chibi Usa of Sailor Moon SuperS.

I haven't watched all of SuperS subbed yet, but everyone seems to absolutely hate her. I think she's alright in previous seasons, but practically takes up the entire seasons here. Like she's a main focus of attention. Which is just stupid.

05-25-12, 8:31 AM

Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. I really need a strong main character or at least brilliant art or plot to keep me in tension while watching anime.
But Abel is such a dumbass. I just couldn't take it.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.

05-25-12, 8:31 AM

I can't get myself to watch what I'm missing of Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima, either finish Toradora, those over-tsundere got my nerves off (and I like tsunderes, just not the URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI type). Also having the same voice actress for all of them doesn't help me.

05-25-12, 9:33 AM

Tazusa Sakurano from Ginban Kaleidoscope
Karin from Karin/Chibi Vampire
Nina from Mamotte! Lollipop
Mikoto and Yuki from Over Drive
Zetsubou-sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Hikari from Special A

05-25-12, 9:39 AM

Every character from Gantz.

05-25-12, 11:04 AM

I dropped Fairy Tail because I just couldn't manage to like any of the characters and watching long series when you're not attached to any character is a pain.

Every character from most ecchi I've seen. Who needs personality when you have boobs and a short skirt (or a harem).

05-25-12, 11:48 AM

Started trying to watch Tsuritama but Haru is tempting me to drop.

05-27-12, 10:23 PM

Tsunderes.

I avoid watching anime with tsundere female character in it.
I DON'T WASTE MY TIME WATCHING ANIME I DON'T LIKE

English is not my native. Sorry for grammar errors. Feel free to correct me.

05-28-12, 1:45 AM

Most recently, it was Mahiru from Kamisama Dolls. She appeared just three episodes before the end, but after watching only one episode of her being an insufferable bitch, I couldn't watch any more episodes with her in it.

Also, in general whenever there is an overly violent bitchy tsundere character, she often makes me drop the show unless there is something else keeping me in it.

05-28-12, 4:41 AM

makoto itou of school days
nagase junichi of akane-iro ni somaru saka
karin of karin
characters of r-15 - i don't know why but it's first episode was too boring
characters of shukufuku no campanella - i don't know why ??
souichirou nagi of tenjou tenge

05-28-12, 9:14 PM

CCCrazyFangirl said:
Tsunderes.

I avoid watching anime with tsundere female character in it.

This. I always try to stick it out with tsundere series if I'm ever unfortunate enough to start one, but they always make it so hard for me to make it through each episode. xP

05-28-12, 9:40 PM

kentick said:

About Mirai Nikki, If you get a diary that can predict your own future, the first thing you do is go to a bet house, or at least not being so pussy...There are characters that are not brave but intelligent, there are characters that are brave but no intelligent, there are characters that are both (strange thing by the way) and after is this guy, who's a coward and an idiot, that only gets goods mark because of his "future diary". Oh my god, seriously, the power to predict your future and only uses it to avoid bullying (I was kinda surprise about it, the series put in a normal place to be bullied because of your good marks in an exam) and to get better marks...seriously, I hate this character...After you there is a yandere who is the idol of the school, ok this seems a lot of difficult to solve, but even with that, he is just a pussy.
Unless the guy is a genius, which he isn't, then he'd use the diary like any normal kid would do. I say genius, because he'll likely get caught in your bet house suggestion, then they'd steal his phone, use it instead. Actually, I was surprised the teacher didn't catch him cheating. It should be pretty easy since the guy was doing an awful job at trying to be discrete. It's ridiculously easy to criticize others for their action in an impossibly hypothetical scenario, but when it came down to it, his actions are not really that unrealistic. Annoying for you, maybe, but plausible.

What was hilarious was that he could drive. That was some lolwat material since there was never any preamble that he could do so. Yet he drives like a pro in one of those action film car chases. :/

05-28-12, 9:42 PM

Kira Yamato-Gundam Seed

05-28-12, 10:31 PM

Shirou from Fate/ Stay Night

05-29-12, 8:51 AM

Every character out of Clannad (except Sunohara)/ Air / Chobits

Almost made me drop the series:
Ichigo + Inoue
Naruto

“Human nature denies the past in order to justify the present. But do you believe there is anything in the present worth justifying?”

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

05-29-12, 9:51 AM

Characters that made you drop anime

None.
The topic doesn't make sense to me.

05-29-12, 9:54 AM

Naruto from naruto u.u
You know that place between sleep and awake?
That place where you still remember dreaming?
That's where I'll always love you,that's where I'll be waiting.

07-01-12, 9:55 AM

Jaden Yuki made me drop watching YGO GX.
Gotta Ketchum all!

07-01-12, 10:36 AM

Almost all the characters from Shakugan no Shana S2 besides Shana.
Their personalities are just boring.

I can't do anything, so I just casually indulge in life.
"If summer can show me dreams, then let's go to before you were taken away."

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices