MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Can you recommend some manga????xxxxxxxxx
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Can you recommend some manga????xxxxxxxxx

#1
05-22-12, 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 21
I like manga generally but I don't like the genre most of the time and I ended up not reading manga at all so can you help me pick a manga???? this list would be the things I would want in a manga:
Pretty main character
Smart
Bad past if possible?
Romance in them
Main character could be a foreigner??
good ending!!!

Thanxxx if u could help meo ut!!
MY LOVELY SIGNATURE!!!!
 
#2
05-22-12, 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 153
Im not really sure what kind your looking for so ill just tell you some of my favorites.

Pandora Hearts
No. 6
D. Gray-man

I havent read that many so here are my favorites hope one you like :)

 
#3
05-22-12, 2:59 PM

Online
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4294
One Piece
Fruits Basket
Soul Eater
 
#4
05-22-12, 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5534
Main character a foriegner? Rare stuff. I can't think of any, unless a Japanese person being flung into another world counts.

Ouran Host Club
Oresama Teacher
Dengeki Daisy
Kiss Me, Kill Me
Obaka-chan, Koigatariki
 
#5
05-22-12, 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2274
Hmm... I'd recommend Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai mangas if your looking for:
Pretty main character
Bad past if possible?
Romance in them
Main character could be a foreigner??

Miu isn't a foreginer, but she has Russian blood in her... :/
 
#6
05-22-12, 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 691
What's this? Another chance for me to recommend Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai!? I must seize this opportunity.

Main character - Kodaka Hasegawa, his father is Japanese and his mother is English, which is the source of his blonde hair. Close enough to a foreigner, everyone assumes he bleached his hair though, so they don't realize.

Oh, and also: very slight romance, no ending yet, and he doesn't really have a bad past. So not exactly what you're looking for, but it's still really funny and entertaining. I'd highly recommend it.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
 
#7
05-22-12, 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1
Rosario + Vampire 1 and 2 both have some of those traits you mentioned. It is a really good series in my opinion and one of the best and one of my favorites. It gets bad rep for the terrible anime but the manga is 20X as good so I suggest you give it a try up to volume 7 or 6 because shit gets real in volume 6.
 
#8
05-22-12, 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 291
I second:
Ouran Koukou Host Club (Complete 18 Volume / 87 Chapter Manga)
Dengeki Daisy (Ongoing Manga)

I also recommend:
Millennium Snow (Complete 2 Volume Manga)
Pretear (Complete 4 Volume / 18 Chapter Manga)
Doubt!! (Complete 6 Volume / 28 Chapter Manga)
Saruyama! (Complete 8 Volume / 34 Chapter Manga)
Kitchen Princess (Complete 10 Volume / 50 Chapter Manga)
Hot Gimmick (Complete 12 Volume / 54 Chapter Manga)
Hadashi de Bara wo Fume (Complete 9 Volume / 57 Chapter Manga)
Shinshi Doumei Cross (Complete 11 Volume / 59 Chapter Manga)
Arisa (Ongoing Manga)
Kimi ni Todoke (Ongoing Manga) - Main character is smart and misunderstood.
 
#9
05-23-12, 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 21
njd09 said:
What's this? Another chance for me to recommend Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai!? I must seize this opportunity.

Main character - Kodaka Hasegawa, his father is Japanese and his mother is English, which is the source of his blonde hair. Close enough to a foreigner, everyone assumes he bleached his hair though, so they don't realize.

Oh, and also: very slight romance, no ending yet, and he doesn't really have a bad past. So not exactly what you're looking for, but it's still really funny and entertaining. I'd highly recommend it.


thanxx for recommending ;) n I think I'll enjoy the manga!!
MY LOVELY SIGNATURE!!!!
 
05-23-12, 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 21
Zerohero0520 said:
Rosario + Vampire 1 and 2 both have some of those traits you mentioned. It is a really good series in my opinion and one of the best and one of my favorites. It gets bad rep for the terrible anime but the manga is 20X as good so I suggest you give it a try up to volume 7 or 6 because shit gets real in volume 6.


thanxx for recommending ;) n I think I'll enjoy the manga!!
MY LOVELY SIGNATURE!!!!
 
05-23-12, 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 21
crysta1_dark said:
I second:
Ouran Koukou Host Club (Complete 18 Volume / 87 Chapter Manga)
Dengeki Daisy (Ongoing Manga)

I also recommend:
Millennium Snow (Complete 2 Volume Manga)
Pretear (Complete 4 Volume / 18 Chapter Manga)
Doubt!! (Complete 6 Volume / 28 Chapter Manga)
Saruyama! (Complete 8 Volume / 34 Chapter Manga)
Kitchen Princess (Complete 10 Volume / 50 Chapter Manga)
Hot Gimmick (Complete 12 Volume / 54 Chapter Manga)
Hadashi de Bara wo Fume (Complete 9 Volume / 57 Chapter Manga)
Shinshi Doumei Cross (Complete 11 Volume / 59 Chapter Manga)
Arisa (Ongoing Manga)
Kimi ni Todoke (Ongoing Manga) - Main character is smart and misunderstood.


OMG u totally get me!!! thanxx so much!!!!
MY LOVELY SIGNATURE!!!!
 
05-23-12, 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 253
mars
-Pretty main character (yep rei is very pretty ).
-Smart (no).
-Bad past if possible? (yeah very bad past to the point that he got a trauma from it).
-Romance in them (well its a romance manga).
-Main character could be a foreigner?? (dont remember i think he is foreigner).

historie
-Pretty main character(?)
-Smart (eumenes is one of the smartest character in manga history).
Bad past if possible? (yeah very bad past and nice twist in the story).
-Romance in them (a little).
-Main character could be a foreigner?? (yeah he is from persia).

vinland saga
-Pretty main character (well i think that he is cool more than pretty and the art is beautiful so most of the women characters are pretty and the men are cool and aaa manly?).
-Smart (no the main character isn't smart but there are other smart supporting characters ).
-Bad past if possible? (yep).
-Romance in them (no its an action manga about revenge).
-Main character could be a foreigner?? (he is a viking which means that he is from denmark,sweden or norway or sth like that).
Modified by jama91, 05-23-12, 3:10 PM
 
05-23-12, 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 291
starrysky123 said:
crysta1_dark said:
I second:
Ouran Koukou Host Club (Complete 18 Volume / 87 Chapter Manga)
Dengeki Daisy (Ongoing Manga)

I also recommend:
Millennium Snow (Complete 2 Volume Manga)
Pretear (Complete 4 Volume / 18 Chapter Manga)
Doubt!! (Complete 6 Volume / 28 Chapter Manga)
Saruyama! (Complete 8 Volume / 34 Chapter Manga)
Kitchen Princess (Complete 10 Volume / 50 Chapter Manga)
Hot Gimmick (Complete 12 Volume / 54 Chapter Manga)
Hadashi de Bara wo Fume (Complete 9 Volume / 57 Chapter Manga)
Shinshi Doumei Cross (Complete 11 Volume / 59 Chapter Manga)
Arisa (Ongoing Manga)
Kimi ni Todoke (Ongoing Manga) - Main character is smart and misunderstood.


OMG u totally get me!!! thanxx so much!!!!


No problem, I hope they help!
 
05-23-12, 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 801
• Kaichou wa Maid-sama(Ongoing Manga)

• Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun(Ongoing Manga)

 
05-23-12, 11:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 291
I second Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (Ongoing Manga).

I also recommend:
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (Complete 7 Volume / 35 Chapter Manga)
Special A (Complete 17 Volume / 99 Chapter Manga)
Sugar Sugar Rune (Complete 8 Volume / 43 Chapter Manga)
 
05-24-12, 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 175
hmm.. let's see...

*shinshi doumei cross (pretty, has bad past, + romance, nice ending)
*akuma to love song (pretty, hated in the past, +romance)
*obakachan, koigatariki (pretty girl, feared in the past, +romance)

http://12years.smackjeeves.com : READ MY ORIGINAL WEBMANGA!
 
05-25-12, 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 21
MasayahingArtist said:
hmm.. let's see...

*shinshi doumei cross (pretty, has bad past, + romance, nice ending)
*akuma to love song (pretty, hated in the past, +romance)
*obakachan, koigatariki (pretty girl, feared in the past, +romance)


Thanxx they r all gwd recommendation but I've already read them all ;P
MY LOVELY SIGNATURE!!!!
 
05-25-12, 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 21
crysta1_dark said:
I second Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (Ongoing Manga).

I also recommend:
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (Complete 7 Volume / 35 Chapter Manga)
Special A (Complete 17 Volume / 99 Chapter Manga)
Sugar Sugar Rune (Complete 8 Volume / 43 Chapter Manga)


Wow aren't u full of ideas!!! thanxx they r all gwd recommendation but I've already read them all ;P
MY LOVELY SIGNATURE!!!!
 
Top
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices