MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toonami Block Returns to Adult Swim, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins to Air
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Toonami Block Returns to Adult Swim, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins to Air

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
05-27-12, 9:53 AM

WiikendWarrior84 said:
It's clear that AS is still testing the water with the Toonami revival but I don't expect a full support of it any time soon on their behalf. I certainly wish they would bring in something else besides just 2 new shows that are frankly hit or miss.

They've gone on record saying they have very little money for this, so little even that they don't have enough to bring Sara in. I think it's good that they even got two new shows. Not sure about Casshern Sins since I'm just not familiar with the series, but Deadman Wonderland was a good choice for the time being as a likely-cheap broadcast with a good hook and a lot of good action, even if its writing veers off course a lot.

05-27-12, 1:27 PM

Redfoxoffire said:
WiikendWarrior84 said:
It's clear that AS is still testing the water with the Toonami revival but I don't expect a full support of it any time soon on their behalf. I certainly wish they would bring in something else besides just 2 new shows that are frankly hit or miss.

They've gone on record saying they have very little money for this, so little even that they don't have enough to bring Sara in. I think it's good that they even got two new shows. Not sure about Casshern Sins since I'm just not familiar with the series, but Deadman Wonderland was a good choice for the time being as a likely-cheap broadcast with a good hook and a lot of good action, even if its writing veers off course a lot.

Indeed, though I'm not a fan of Deadman it was a very good choice to get viewers, hopefully will allow them to get the other animes they wanted liked P&S later on.

05-27-12, 1:57 PM

Deadman Wonderland was a great choice for them to air, remember that AS does not have the money to get big time anime shows at the moment. Right now they are just testing how it goes and Deadman Wonderland is an anime that even though its not amazing allot of people enjoy. Its very action packed so there is a wider audience for them to capture. Hopefully they will be able to get better shows in the future if everything goes well.

05-27-12, 5:07 PM

I don't get the big problem with Deadman Wonderland. Seems legit to me so far.

05-27-12, 8:22 PM

So far I can't complain. Greg Ayres voice will, as per usual, take time to get used to, but I think they nailed Makina and Tamaki's VAs. Shiro's is a nice fit too.

Also, they sorta wrecked the song, but I still couldn't help but type it out by ear.

Naughty birdie song is made
By pecking holes in trees
Willows, cedars, sycamores
And proud oaks reduced to cheese
Woodland gods all in a hoof
Have forever cursed your naughty beak
What it pecks it poisons well
Your food, your nest, even your young
Your friends now all fear you
But your tears ring clearly through the wood
Even as they taint the dew
Such a sad, sad, little birdie
Maybe one day this song will lift the curse and set you free

Can anyone confirm these are correct?

Edit: Oh right, if we're also discussing other ideas for Toonami shows, how about Soul Eater? The dub has been out for quite awhile and I think people might appreciate it more than FMA for the 2nd or 3rd time.
Modified by Rainec, 05-28-12, 6:39 AM

05-28-12, 2:25 PM

yeah thet should play better shows ,ive been wanting to watch both for awhile though,but serisly ONLY 2 "NEW" ONES!!

05-31-12, 2:25 PM

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-31/new-toonami-anime-ranks-no.1-in-young-adult-demographics

Cant believe it. People like being forcefed reruns and animes like Deadman.

05-31-12, 7:36 PM

Rainec said:
Edit: Oh right, if we're also discussing other ideas for Toonami shows, how about Soul Eater? The dub has been out for quite awhile and I think people might appreciate it more than FMA for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Even if the Soul Eater dub has been out for quite some time now, given that it's one of Funimation's largest properties, I would assume that they'd ask for a higher price for the broadcast rights for that one. Seeing as Toonami is extremely strapped for cash for the time being, they most likely could not afford Funimation's price...yet. But who knows. If Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins succeed, we may yet see Soul Eater and a whole lot more.

06-03-12, 9:32 AM

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece etc those "big one" would be too main stream

06-04-12, 4:10 AM

Woebegone said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-31/new-toonami-anime-ranks-no.1-in-young-adult-demographics

Cant believe it. People like being forcefed reruns and animes like Deadman.

Cant believe it. People like bitching at what people just watched.

06-04-12, 11:07 AM

LelouchZero said:
Rainec said:

Even if the Soul Eater dub has been out for quite some time now, given that it's one of Funimation's largest properties, I would assume that they'd ask for a higher price for the broadcast rights for that one. Seeing as Toonami is extremely strapped for cash for the time being, they most likely could not afford Funimation's price...yet. But who knows. If Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins succeed, we may yet see Soul Eater and a whole lot more.

The problem for Soul Eater is that the DVDs have been out for a while now and CN has already turned down the series when Funi first tried to get them to air it because it doesn't fit the block. How much SE would cost and how important a series it is to Funimation at this time is completely guesswork on your part.

06-04-12, 8:19 PM

Anime_Name said:
The problem for Soul Eater is that the DVDs have been out for a while now and CN has already turned down the series when Funi first tried to get them to air it because it doesn't fit the block. How much SE would cost and how important a series it is to Funimation at this time is completely guesswork on your part.

Soul Eater was turned down the first time around because it didn't fit the block? Really? I'm having quite a bit of difficulty seeing just how that'd be...

06-15-12, 9:36 AM

why would they pick greg ayres to voice ganta.......... god he sounds like a hamster

06-15-12, 2:37 PM

friendsweeper said:
why would they pick greg ayres to voice ganta.......... god he sounds like a hamster

I thought so too but I'm starting to get used to him now.

06-15-12, 2:44 PM

LelouchZero said:

Soul Eater was turned down the first time around because it didn't fit the block? Really? I'm having quite a bit of difficulty seeing just how that'd be...

Well Funi offered it up when they first got it and SE didn't get acquired by CN/AS...sooo you can think it fit all you like but someone in charge of programming disagreed at the time.

06-15-12, 2:56 PM

Casshern sins is so slow .-.

Muwahahhaha I am evil.

06-15-12, 2:59 PM

gregory003 said:
Casshern sins is so slow .-.

thats cuase madhouse cannot write a proper super hero story Casshern was not theres to mess with
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices