Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 21, 2012 10:53 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A real emotional rollercoaster for Nyaruko there...

Nyaruko's reaction to Mahiro telling her that he doesn't like her

There weren't nearly as many ridiculous jokes as usual, which I think is a good thing (though of course anyone else is entitled to disagree). Even Nyaruko started acting sensibly at the end there.

And at the end of it all they seem closer than ever before, although Mahiro is still reluctant. I had been thinking that Mahiro would just reject Nyaruko outright but maybe we'll see them actually get together by the end of the series?
kuuderes_shadowMay 21, 2012 10:59 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 21, 2012 11:22 AM

Jul 2010
Man, Nyaruko deserves better than that. I just hate how Mahiro is so up tight. People say he's being cautious, but I think he's just being a complete ass about it.

The scene with Kuuko "pleasuring" herself was very ero.

Dat evil smile.
Elite60May 21, 2012 11:41 AM
May 21, 2012 11:45 AM

Dec 2010
Mahiro=worst MC of the season T_T

That aside episode still was good, had its lol moments with dat evil smile, also Nyaruko turning white to get him to do what she wants XD
May 21, 2012 12:01 PM

Nov 2008
Mahiro didn't get his cherries popped after all, Nyaruko got forked to the wall.

Kuko was playing video games on a Sharp Twin Famicom, I used to play games at an old friends' house who had one.

Mahiro, you must have some serious plot armor +9999 because you should be dead after hurting her feelings that bad. Heck he should have been dead the first time he stabbed her with a fork, you don't stab nice girls. He is the most hated MC ever, even the wimpy and dickish MCs treat their girls right. If he can't treat a nice girl like her right, who's to say he would treat any other lady that likes him right.

Ep gets a 5

Mahiro gets a -9999/5

May 21, 2012 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
Why people don't like Mahiro XD
come on :D he is surrounded by, at least, 3 things that can bring anyone to insanity just by looking at them. And he knows this, while not having some tentacle-Wagner-suicidal fetish.
So being cautions is second best thing he can do, first one is to run as far as you can.
And he remains sane - as one character there, even his mother went into baby territory (great scene BTW)

also making progress in romance... I don't know if I would like it
as it would turn into some family show with babies all along ;)

but it was very cute episode despite series insanity... it simply worked in being awwwwwwww :)
May 21, 2012 12:46 PM

Sep 2009
Mahiro is just a real tsundere. If he would be a girl, people won't react so negatively.

I'm curious. They'll add more romance in later eps or is this just another troll ending like in most of the eps
May 21, 2012 12:57 PM
Jan 2011
Stupid Mahiro, why first he didn't got his cherries popped then he tell Nyaruko to beat it.
May 21, 2012 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
Dalek-baka said:
come on :D he is surrounded by, at least, 3 things that can bring anyone to insanity just by looking at them. And he knows this, while not having some tentacle-Wagner-suicidal fetish.
So being cautions is second best thing he can do, first one is to run as far as you can.
And he remains sane - as one character there, even his mother went into baby territory (great scene BTW)

but it was very cute episode despite series insanity... it simply worked in being awwwwwwww :)

I and virtually anyone that posts in this topic would throw caution to the wind and get some if they were in his situation. I know I would and it's not due a fetish, would you deny a cutie some loving if she's practically begging for it, well common sense says no.

May 21, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode.

It cut down on the general insanity and references, but had quite a bit of fapservice... erm, fanservice.

I found it quite funny (and heartwarming) to see mahiro get along with Nyarlko when she isn't acting like some ADHD patient on coke. But I'm pretty sure that phase will be over soon~ish.

NSFW screenies for the wicked =)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 21, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2011
Fight on Nyaruko-san, he's beginning to weaken....

There actually seemed to be some relationship development in this episode--unexpected but strangely satisfying. Since Nyaruko-san is one of the few anime heroines who could actually give Mahiro 30 babies to raise, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 21, 2012 1:48 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, Mahiro was kind of a dick there for a second.
May 21, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
I don't want to believe that the stupid forks saved him in that situation, oh man, how great it would've been if they actually had done it.

Shit went down when he told her he hates her (he did say that in Japanese, not he doesn't like her but that's just me). The hot mom changed his mind, Mahiro is just too stupid and I wonder what a person his father is. Loved the faces of Kuuko and Hastar when they waited in the shop with Mahiro's mom and Kuuko masturbating earlier was a great sight.

Cliffhanger at the end, how will Mahiro react or will they just leave it at that?

Super Mario Bros. reference!
May 21, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2011
Hoppy said:
I and virtually anyone that posts in this topic would throw caution to the wind and get some if they were in his situation. I know I would and it's not due a fetish, would you deny a cutie some loving if she's practically begging for it, well common sense says no.

So that he would go along the path of having a family :)
which in real life looks a bit like this ;)
Dalek-bakaMay 21, 2012 2:16 PM
May 21, 2012 2:16 PM

Mar 2011
Worst main character I've seen in a long time.
May 21, 2012 2:34 PM

Mar 2012
The crowning moment of this anime is when mahiro told Nyarko off, i was hoping it would stay that way but nope, he's getting guilt tripped into a relationship. I don't see why so many people have a problem with mahiro, i mean yes there is some hottie all over him BUT no matter how hot someone is, if they're crazy you do not involve with that person. Nyarko is fucking nuts, clingy and obsessive and any normal sane person would not involve themselves with a girl like that.
May 21, 2012 2:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
That opening scene - I laughed so hard it hurt.
May 21, 2012 2:46 PM

Oct 2010
Another rather serious Mahiro x Nyaruko episode. I rather am happy of the following,

No sex and Nyaruko got pawned by the forks.

About the fan service, oh dear for me all that mattered was Cthuko in the spoiler
those MOANS! The actions were obvious jerking one’s privates. Right. Well pretty upped. The white swimsuit part was nice too.

I have to admit that Mahiro’s mother in her swimsuit in the spoiler
was pretty hot! I liked her in it.

Obvious Super Mario Brothers reference in the spoiler
notice the ? And bricks around
along with Nyaruko jumping like Mario.

About Mahiro, I find Mahiro in the spoiler
To have rather nice rich expressions. For one in being smart to hide under umbrella from Nyaruko and his surprise. Still can’t believe the mother is OK with all this. I do believe she knows the true form of those girls. As a hunter it would be her duty.

The beach had some pretty nice swimsuits in the spoiler
however it was fun to see Mahiro’s friends eat stuff they don’t know the ingredients may be from another planet, yet liked the taste of it.

Mahiro’s mother in the following spoiler
had some expression there along with her teasing. However the best was Mahiro’s expression in the following,

Now that was quite EPIC! BEST EXPRESSION! Hands down in the series so far.

People might not know but when after the 2 critters watch and Nyaruko stared into Mahiro in the sunset. Calling it now! BGM is of MARMALADE BOY OST:

I am sure it’s remix. I was like O_O cause it totally did not fit the nature of the characters in terms of Nyaruko not being human, however it did fit the romance part.

Finally the video game console in the spoiler
had some rather resemblance to NES. The controller at least. Xoth drama was exaggerated seriously. I also though the pregnancy would result in some monstrosity or something MOE but not sure of it.

About the preview, I shall put it in 2 points:

A) Mahiro and that big ass sword with the skull in the spoiler
DAMN! Want to know WTF is going to happen to him there.

B)Tamao in the spoiler
KISS? Kiss? Shit! Want to see!

BTW Intermission in the spoiler
really shows Nyaruko depressed rather well.
Yumekichi11May 21, 2012 3:00 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 21, 2012 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
About the preview and the pulling sword from under the skirt thingy... that's not the the uniform of their school. In fact, from what little I have seen of it, it looks quite a bit like the School uniform from Haruhi. Just saying.
WordsmithMay 21, 2012 3:06 PM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 21, 2012 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
Wordsmith said:
About the preview and the pulling sword from under the skirt thingy... that's the the uniform of their school. In fact, from what little I have seen of it, it looks quite a bit like the School uniform from Haruhi. Just saying.
I am eager to find who is it and if it is Tamao herself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 21, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
Mahiro is such a little bitch. Nyarko for the win.
May 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Oct 2011
Well, it's a first step for the two of them.
May 21, 2012 3:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
I and virtually anyone that posts in this topic would throw caution to the wind and get some if they were in his situation.

Not hardly.

Hoppy said:
would you deny a cutie some loving if she's practically begging for it, well common sense says no.

If I knew what Mahiro knows about what she really is, then I'd be looking for a really deep hole and bury myself in it to hide.

I'm not saying he could never learn to love her (and I assume that is where this is going) - but even within the bounds of this silly (but hilarious) story it should take a lot of time for her to convince him she's not some day going to sprout tentacles and suck his brains out through his eye sockets.
CratexMay 21, 2012 3:20 PM
May 21, 2012 3:23 PM
Aug 2010
Well, I'm so glad the MC finally showed his true colors...

He's just a raging homosexual....not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

Kuuko was just lovely in this episode, truly the best character in this show.

Nyaruko ultimately is not the best because of her TERRIBLE taste in males.

Seriously though, this was one of the worse "beach episode" I have ever seen, NO ecchi, no comedy, an MC who is such a pain to hear and see and has absolutely no redeeming qualities, and worse of all, our beloved heroine is actually attracted to this piece of shit character.

*Sigh*

Nyaruko deserves to be in a better show, this is just a bad anime with two very good female characters.
May 21, 2012 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
Another lovely episode, Cthuko was hotter than ever.

May 21, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
Mahiro is such a fucking killjoy, I swear =/
May 21, 2012 3:58 PM

Jan 2008

Mahiro, why you such a pussy.
May 21, 2012 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Mahiro is just a real tsundere. If he would be a girl, people won't react so negatively.

This^ lol
but.. not a fan of tsunderes (unless they're the type who go full out S ... but.. thats just me -brick'd-)

Good episode.. poor Nyaruko.. xDD

well.. Kuuko is starting to get a bit cute for me now..

-brick'd by Kuuko fans- ; v ;~ lol
May 21, 2012 4:09 PM

May 2012
meh...episode was pretty boring.

Really feel bad for Kuuko though.

Mahiro's reactions were pretty normal. Though, I'd likely not say something that mean (kirai is basically hate. Dai kirai would be loathe. Sukijyanai would be more like 'do not like'. CR's subs were not very good on showing the amount of seriousness to this one.), but I understand why he got to that point. She didn't even give him a chance to think. Or just enjoy things.

Kuuko's got the worst lot. Hasuta's got that fake 1000000 year promise at the very least. Kuuko got nothing.

Ah well. They better stop being so serious. For the way the relationship;s are in this show, I'd rather ti just be really nonsensical.
May 21, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2008
Dalek-baka said:

It's a parody and an anthropomorphism anime. Nyaruko and co are very similar to human and aren't the big monsters from the original lovercraft's stories. They aren't monster in human disguise that can transform in a monster-like appearance whenever they want, they are what they look like and that's it.

That's why Mahiro's reaction is so badly seen by the regular viewer. He himself admit that he doesn't beleive that Nyaruko like him and think she is just messing around, hence why he is on the defensive. (With some other reason like he's young and not into romance stuff yet. He's also a big tsundere)
Nyaruko may come from another planet/galaxy but she is definitively very alike to him.

The same way Upotte's character are modeled after gun, Nyaruko's character are modeled after the monster from lovercraft's stories.It still doesn't change that in their respective universe (Upotte and Nyaruko's anime) they are normal looking human girls that does human looking things and live human looking lives and are as much human as everyone else since it's ... an anthropomorphism anime
May 21, 2012 4:35 PM

Sep 2009
Mahiro isn't very nice to Nyaruko saying he hates her even though she saved him and is nice to him; she should go find a better person to protect and be around with.

Nyaruko, you can do better than that jerk.

Mahiro, you should go hide in a hole somewhere.

May 21, 2012 4:36 PM

Dec 2011
The best ep so far. I loved the ending, its somehow romantic between the two. Chances are they won't be in relationship at the end of the anime tho. I don't really see it happening.

Seems like Shantak-kun got himself a girlfriend. Anyone know what it was?
May 21, 2012 4:37 PM

May 2012
xuezhi said:
Mahiro isn't very nice to Nyaruko saying he hates her even though she saved him and is nice to him; she should go find a better person to protect and be around with.

Kuuko :D
May 21, 2012 5:00 PM

Aug 2011
I think if Mahiro is a normal MC who can easily accept such a cutie like Nyaruko than the anime will definitely turn into hentai anime :D. Beacause Nyaruko cling and has a perverted mind so the MC should be like that to balance the anime :D
May 21, 2012 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
sekuhara said:
I think if Mahiro is a normal MC who can easily accept such a cutie like Nyaruko than the anime will definitely turn into hentai anime :D. Beacause Nyaruko cling and has a perverted mind so the MC should be like that to balance the anime :D

I would totally be okay with this turning into a Hentai.
The real forms of Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu and Hastur gangbanging Mahiro. Oh god.
May 21, 2012 5:40 PM
Oct 2010
mahiro such a douche to her :( fgt

nyaruko @ teh end HNGGGGG

ep needed more trap
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 21, 2012 5:54 PM

Jun 2011
I hate Mahiro.
May 21, 2012 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
No comedy + unconvincing romance = boring episode

The creative team behind this rom-com are forgetting to tell us one important thing:

Why are we supposed to care about these characters?

Now, will the series get back to comedy, action, and entertaining etchiness, or is this just going to turn into a long, bad dream?
May 21, 2012 6:23 PM

May 2012
dbaranyi said:
No comedy + unconvincing romance = boring episode

The creative team behind this rom-com are forgetting to tell us one important thing:

Why are we supposed to care about these characters?

Now, will the series get back to comedy, action, and entertaining etchiness, or is this just going to turn into a long, bad dream?

Yeah, I'm kinda worried here. But maybe that's just my bias because I want Kuuko to be happy?

I know that sort of reasoning is why I was being so hard on Fukune for so long. Though, i don't see a Tsukuru being given to Kuuko sadly...
May 21, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2010
I had a feeling Nyarko would be "spooned" to the bed. XD

May 21, 2012 7:23 PM

May 2010
he made nyanuko lose he mind, who da hell can you not like that? dudes stupid, anyway was a kinda boring ep beside a laugh or 2, there was some plot like nyanuko seriously telling mahiro that she love him but other then that was boring
May 21, 2012 7:31 PM

May 2012
Hydnlife said:
he made nyanuko lose he mind, who da hell can you not like that? dudes stupid, anyway was a kinda boring ep beside a laugh or 2, there was some plot like nyanuko seriously telling mahiro that she love him but other then that was boring

Well she pretty much made him lose his mind in the first place. And he just really said what he felt. It's a classic thing in an anime, where a girl acts like the world is over, and suddenly the guy falls in love with her and blah blah blah.

Coulda been handled much more interesting I'd say. First of all, Nyarko needs an actual rival like she did in the flash shorts. It's just too easy for her. Probably part of what makes it not as interesting once they strip away the zaniness of it. If they had just kept the episode as zany I think things would have been much better. Things just got too serious, considering how whacky the entire show has been, even all the flash shorts.
May 21, 2012 7:53 PM
Oct 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Dalek-baka said:

It's a parody and an anthropomorphism anime. Nyaruko and co are very similar to human and aren't the big monsters from the original lovercraft's stories. They aren't monster in human disguise that can transform in a monster-like appearance whenever they want, they are what they look like and that's it.

That's why Mahiro's reaction is so badly seen by the regular viewer. He himself admit that he doesn't beleive that Nyaruko like him and think she is just messing around, hence why he is on the defensive. (With some other reason like he's young and not into romance stuff yet. He's also a big tsundere)
Nyaruko may come from another planet/galaxy but she is definitively very alike to him.

The same way Upotte's character are modeled after gun, Nyaruko's character are modeled after the monster from lovercraft's stories.It still doesn't change that in their respective universe (Upotte and Nyaruko's anime) they are normal looking human girls that does human looking things and live human looking lives and are as much human as everyone else since it's ... an anthropomorphism anime

they ARE monster in human disguise, see her brother in episode 3? he was totally transformed into the bloody tongue form of Nyarlathotep there, and in the light novel ,Nyaruko admits that she thought long and hard before she came up with her current form (the one we're seeing) because she wanted it to be attractive to Mahiro
May 21, 2012 8:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hoppy said:
Dalek-baka said:

I wouldn't do it. Not everyone is sex-depraved.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 21, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
damn Mahiro..everytime i tried to enjoy this episode he just kept bringing it down

needs less Mahiro and more Kuuko! :D
May 21, 2012 9:14 PM

Nov 2008
I actually like Mahiro...except for when he told Nyarlko he didn't like her..there I just wanted to slap him, cause he was been a jerk.

But otherwise, him not accepting Nyarlko's advances seems pretty normal to me, since it shows he at least respects her enough not to follow along. He just met her, and she's already all over him, so up until now he seems like a pretty decent guy and what guys should do if a girl does that, unless all they want to do is get some, which is sometimes very much the case.

The date was awesome, and it shows that as long as Nyarlko doesn't act all crazy and love deprived, then they are really good together.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 21, 2012 10:34 PM

Aug 2010
I have had problems with the last one or two episodes, but this one delivered once again! Not only did I get quite a few laughs, Mahiro finally showed some dere and their relationship progressed a little (loved the BGM during the sunset scene). 5/5. From the preview it looks like Haruhi references time.

Ps: the second show this season to feature a girl masturbating to another girl...This pleases me.
Mogami-kunMay 21, 2012 10:39 PM
May 21, 2012 11:00 PM

Jul 2009
now imagine the gender change version, and you'll see how scary of a situation Mahiro is in. :P
May 21, 2012 11:01 PM

Nov 2010
Mahiro stepping up his tsun to a whole new level, little fanservice, not enough Hasuta, other than Kukko's fantasies there was almost no interaction between her and Nyaruko.

It's like all the components were set out for a wonderful beach ep, but no one was told there was some assembly required.
May 21, 2012 11:13 PM

Jan 2012
Dalek-baka said:

I'm glad someone thinks this way.. While everyone is calling Mahiro an asshole, you have to keep in mind that all 3 of them are aliens in disguise. I'm all for Mahiro x Nyaruko, that doesn't mean Mahiro should instantly fall hard for Nyaruko. There needs to be a progression especially when she's a mysterious alien.
May 21, 2012 11:30 PM

Aug 2008
Nyaruko is damn cute. She may want to change her approach. This feminine Nyaruko is shaking Mahiro.

But well, I agree that Mahiro should go to hell.
Saying he hates her was going to far considering she saved him and his mom again and again.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kuuderes_shadow - May 7, 2012

116 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Mar 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 23, 2012

119 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Mar 14, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 9, 2012

257 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Mar 10, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 25, 2012

159 by datshiicray »»
Aug 13, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - May 28, 2012

165 by akivn2023 »»
May 7, 2023 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.