MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Your Genre Bests and Why. (Spoiler Tags if necessary Peeps)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Your Genre Bests and Why. (Spoiler Tags if necessary Peeps)

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
05-21-12, 12:46 PM

Action: Black Lagoon: most probably this, not my favorite genre to be honest.
--------------------
Romance: Toradora!: great story, very likeable characters and, of course, happy ending. Runner up: Ah! My Goddess
--------------------
Harem: Mahoraba: one person harem (it sounds complicated but it makes sense). Great characters - they are irritating but you can tell why they are like this. Romance is very slow to take, but main pair is lovely.
--------------------
Drama: Grave of the fireflies. Not favorite genre but this show is exceptional.
--------------------
Shounen: DragonBall. I can say that I like this genre but this show is my youth :)
--------------------
Slice of Life: Kaleido Star. It's brilliant - Sora is great leading character and they add cast of amazing side characters (Rosetta as number one). Optimistic and funny. Runner ups would be: Aria, Sketchbook and Tamayura - so basically works of SatoJun. All very very good but Kaleido Star is best of them.
--------------------
Sports: Saki. I don't like this genre but this one is an exception.
--------------------
Ecchi: Strike Witches. But not for ecchi part but rather for some historical details that appear here and there. Basically my least favorite genre. Runner up: Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: HeartCatch Precure. I was thinking about Nanoha A's but this one is a bit better. And it's funny as show targeted at kids is way more mature than many other Mahou Shoujo productions. Runner ups: Nanoha A's, Princess Tutu, Futari Wa Precure
--------------------
Comedy: Azumanga Daioh. Pure genius. Great characters, their interactions and, if needed, they know how to give some emotional punch. Best of it's kind.
--------------------
Yuri: Maria-sama ga Miteru. Ok it's not exactly this but I like this show. A bit of utopia but made in a way that while feeling a bit fake, you don't mind. Runner ups: Yuru Yuri and Simoun.
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

05-21-12, 2:36 PM

Action: Shakugan No Shana: I haven't seen alot of action, but i loved the fighting scenes in SnS.
--------------------
Romance: Toradora!: I want to go back in time, to watch Toradora for the first time once again. Very good characters!
--------------------
Harem: Kanon 2006: Not 100% sure that Kanon is a harem, but it seems like all the girls are into the main character so. One of the first anime i watched, loved it!
--------------------
Drama: Clannad AS: Do i need to say why? Also one of the first anime i watched. I can't seem to find anything that can match Clannad.
--------------------
Mystery: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: The whole show just grabbed me, in a weird way, i couldn't stop watching.
--------------------
Slice of Life: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: Made me laugh every episode, and that is impressive. The boys remind me of myself.
--------------------
Horror: Another: I don't find any anime to be scary, so i don't really see it as a horror anime. But it was kinda creepy!
--------------------
Sports: Haven't seen one yet! I used to be a sports freak, but had to stop due to some problem with my heart, so maybe i'll feel with the characters ( i know some of them have people ending up in accidents etc )
--------------------
Ecchi: Bake/Nisemonogatari: I didn't really watch them for the ecchi, as I'm not the biggest fan of fanservice that gets shoved down my throath. But damn, one of the best shows ever in the world of anime ( my opinion of course )
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: I was gonna add Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica here, BUT! There's a Mahou "shoujo" in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? aswell, and he ( yes, a boy being a mahou shoujo ), and i found that show hillarious.
--------------------
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

05-21-12, 2:53 PM

I'm just gonna say this now but ya'll should take off the "Mahou Shoujo" genre and simply replace it with Magic genre. Mahou Shoujo is more of a theme than it is a genre.

Also for those who've done it, Yuri is not the same as Shoujo-Ai. Same with Yaoi and Shounen-Ai. They're higher forms of the two, near or to the point of Hentai. Though some series do have both levels in their genres. Shoujo-Sect for example.

05-21-12, 5:58 PM

Action:Outlaw Star because it is high octane and every moment is a thrill ride from start to finish.
--------------------
Romance: Marmalade Boy is my favorite romance series, many kinds of romantic situations are explored in this series, even one featuring a teacher and a student.
--------------------
Harem: Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, quite a unique take on a harem where the MC has one girl who has the hots for him, to one other girl who has the hots for the title character, to an adorable shota trap who is also in love with the MC.
--------------------
Drama: Kanon 2006, in terms of drama, nothing beats Kanon 2006, as many scenes shake your emotions to the core.
--------------------
Shounen: s-CRY-ed, for at 26-episodes, you get your shounen fix without having to devote too much of your time to a series that runs for what it seems like it is endless.
--------------------
Mystery: Perfect Blue is my pick for a mystery anime, especially for the who-don-it moments that occur throughout the movie when grisly murders occur.
--------------------
Slice of Life: Kimagure Orange Road is my favorite slice of life, things get interesting when you have a hottie like Madoka Ayukawa spice up things and two cute twin sisters playfully show off their esper abilities, although at akward at times especially if it involves their family's pet cat.
--------------------
Seinen: Senkou no Night Raid, I loved this particular series for its' realistic loking character designs, to the thrilling story, and the wonderful cast of adult main characters
--------------------
Horror: Another, I enjoyed this particular series as it sent chills up my spine at every horrific turn. The overall tone created that edge of your seat tension, especially with those grisly deaths.
--------------------
Sports: I've only seen Touch as far as sports anime is concerned, it did well in this field with the unexpectancy of how the games are played out, especially when Tatsuya was playing the game.
--------------------
Ecchi: Bakuretsu Hunters, it provided just enough to tittilate and not overwhelm that it would interfere with the story. Tira and Chocolate Misu in their transformed states make for two, hot and sexy sisters.
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: New Cutey Honey for sure, a wonderful blend of violence and ecchi transformation scenes, a great take on the old 70's classic series that began mahou shoujo.
--------------------
Mecha: I love quite a few Gundam shows, but my favorites go to Gundam Wing and Gundam Unicorn for having both awesome stories and sensational looking mecha.

05-21-12, 6:05 PM

Action: DragonBall (was the first series i have seen and i'm not that into action.)
--------------------
Romance: well this is my favorit genre so yeah can't realy say wich one is my top fav (those include clannad AS, H2o, ef, toradora and lot's more)
--------------------
Harem: Shuffle!
--------------------
Drama: pure drama i would have to say gunslinger girl
--------------------
Shounen: eeeeuuuuhhhmmm... blank
--------------------
Mystery: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
--------------------
Slice of Life: Minami ke
--------------------
Seinen: oh gosh, i don't realy pay attention to shounen/seinen realy...
--------------------
Horror: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/another
--------------------
Sports: Suzuka (again a romance haha)
--------------------
Ecchi: maburaho (think this one will fit)
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: lyrical nanoha (would want to say madoka but love it for other things then it beeing MS)
--------------------
Mecha: Mobile Suit Gundam W (actualy the only mecha/gundam i finished and liked watching)
--------------------
Historical: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (watching it right now and i'm hooked)
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

05-21-12, 6:49 PM

Action: Darker than Black. The characters are really interesting and mysterious.
--------------------
Romance: Candy Candy. Also the most melodramatic romance I've seen.
--------------------
Harem: I'm not realllly a fan of harem. If reverse harems are included I choose Fushigi Yuugi. If not, I choose School Days.
--------------------
Drama: Lady Georgie.
--------------------
Shounen: GaiGaoGar. Sooo much manliness.
--------------------
Mystery: Ghost Hunt. Quite interesting mysteries.
--------------------
Slice of Life: Candy Candy or Lady Georgie. Can't think of any others I love, I'm not big on this genre, unless it's 'slice of melodramatic life'.
--------------------
Seinen: Hard to say... I don't think I have a favourite seinen series.
--------------------
Horror: I can't think of any good horrors either. It's hard to say which anime are horror genre...
--------------------
Sports: Major. I never thought a sport anime would end up in my top ten~
--------------------
Ecchi: Maybe Sumomomo Momomo... it's pretty hilarious. I'm not really a fan of this genre though.
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: Either Princess Tutu or Full Moon wo Sagashite. It's really hard to say which I prefer.
--------------------
Mecha: Code Geass~ I really like all the twists and turns and melodrama~
--------------------

05-21-12, 7:58 PM

Action: Black Lagoon: I think this is the badass show of the century, especially since censorship is more likely to rise than decline.
--------------------
Romance: Kaichou wa Maid Sama: I just really like Misaka's personality and Usui complements it very well.
--------------------
Harem: Sekirei: this show really needs 100 episodes. It actually has a cool plot behind it on top of a good cast.
--------------------
Drama: Dunno if Angel Beats counts, but I prefer it over all the other Key anime.
--------------------
Shounen: One Piece: over 500 episodes and I'm still not bored just because the One Piece world is so vast that the author can come up with any arc he wants.
--------------------
Mystery: UN-GO: last episode was epic.
--------------------
Slice of Life: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: I love every character in this show.
--------------------
Horror: Elfen Lied: I don't watch much horror anime in general, plus nothing I've seen was actually scary, but I'd say this is one of the more scary ones.
--------------------
Sports: One Outs: great psychological tricks in it, makes it interesting even if you don't care at all about baseball.
--------------------
Ecchi: High School of the Dead: an unbelievable amount of fanservice, needs more episodes cuz the zombie apocalypse thing isn't done as often as I would expect it to be.
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS: FATE TESTAROSSA
--------------------
Mecha: Full Metal Panic!: it has a good amount of romance and comedy mixed in, complements the mech fights nicely

Seinen and Shoujo are hard for me to categorize so I won't pick a favorite for these.

05-21-12, 10:14 PM

I haven't watched that much yet, so not that many genres for me.

Action: Mouretsu Pirates is really one of the only action anime I've watched, but I really like it. The characters are awesome, the breaks in the action are really well done, and the battles are pretty intense.
--------------------
Romance: Clannad - After Story is one of my all-time favorites. It's so sad, and it had a great romance, even if you never get to see the main characters kiss, ever.
--------------------
Harem: Rosario + Vampire hooked me immediately. Watched both seasons in two days. That's not something I normally do at all. Loved it. Kurumu-chan had no chance, but I still think she's the best. Really, all the girls except for Yukari were great.
--------------------
Drama: Clannad - After Story again. The damn series had me in tears. Enough said.
--------------------
Shounen: Claymore. Haven't finished watching DBZ yet, and it might win me over, but for now, Claymore. Emotional, disturbing, gory, action-y, and it has girls with swords. And Teresa. I'm upset just thinking about it, such a great story. I only wish I could've had more.
--------------------
Mystery: Bakemonogatari by default, I searched my list for mystery and this was the only anime I had. However, it still sets the bar high. It took me 11 episodes to get hooked. But when I did, my mind got blown. Love the romance, even if I don't love the girl. Very interesting characters, and just something I really enjoyed. Weird as fuck though.
--------------------
Slice of Life: Don't even need to search, it's Lucky Star. It's the Seinfeld of anime, and Seinfeld is the funniest show I have ever seen, so that would be a massive plus for me. All four girls are some of my favorite characters, and the moe levels in general are just through the roof. Lucky Channel made my life complete as well. Absolutely love this anime.
--------------------
Seinen: If Puella Magi Madoka Magica counts as seinen, then it wins by default. Hell, I only have 4 seinen anime on my PTW list, and it's got 232 things on it. However, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is my favorite anime, so that's the real reason it's here. What can I say about it that hasn't been said before? I laughed, I cried, I went "oh shit" like 50 times, people died, and I loved every single minute of it. I can't wait to see what anime can knock this off my top spot.
--------------------
Horror: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia doesn't really count as horror, but it's the closest anime I've got. And I have only one horror anime on my giant PTW list! Not something I've gotten into yet, but Tasogare is 7 episodes in and it is on track for a 10 from me. I anxiously anticipate each Sunday, waiting for my next dose of Yuuko. And the most recent episode completely turned the whole damn story on its head, and I'd definitely call what happened a horrifying turn of events. Such a wonderful anime.
--------------------
Sports: Again, not a lot of this genre on my list. However, Kuroko no Basket takes it easily. Much like Tasogare, I expect to give this a 10. The actual games are so exciting, and very unrealistic, which makes them even more exciting! I love Kuroko - I just think he's an awesome character, and he just makes you want to cheer for him. Kagami too. A pure adrenaline rush.
--------------------
Ecchi: Another genre I don't have much of, but Haganai has to go somewhere. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai tells a story that I positively adore - first I read the manga and died of laughter and happiness, then I died again after watching the anime, and as I slowly read the light novel, I die again. The idea of the Neighbor's Club is just fucking awesome, and Sena is easily my favorite lady in terms of sex appeal and moe. Every character in this anime is just perfect to me, and it is the funniest anime and manga series that I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Or at least it was, until I started watching Gintama.
--------------------
Mecha: Mobile Suit Gundam. Okay, it's another default for me, and I have only seen 5 episodes, so I can't say much. However, I think the fights are pretty cool, and it's mildly interesting. I'm not hooked yet, though.
--------------------
Comedy: Gintama, Gintama, Gintama. You know a show is truly impressive when you have only seen 14/201 episodes, not including the specials and the 51 episode sequel, and you can honestly say that it is the funniest anime you have ever seen. This show is capable of cheering me up almost instantly, and again, all of the characters are awesome. Especially Gintoki. Such funny situations and of course, an amazing boke-tsukkomi connection between Gintoki, Kagura, and the lone tsukkomi, Shinpachi. I love the boke-tsukkomi style of humor so much - it's hard to fuck up, honestly. Amazing show.
--------------------
Yuri: Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi. I love tsunderes, and even though you can't really tell that Reo is a tsundere from this OVA, the damn anime was so good that I promptly downloaded the visual novel, which was the first time I had ever played a visual novel, and enjoyed the hell out of it. And this is a hentai. I still can't believe it. The art style is exactly my kind of thing, very clean and very very cute, and the relationship between Reo and Mai is just something I really enjoyed, even though it was obviously way more fleshed out in the VN. Still, this OVA was much better than I expected, and it wasn't weird at all, which is impressive for a hentai. Left me with a good feeling.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata

05-21-12, 10:20 PM

Flaxman said:

Mystery: Guilty Crown: The mystery is figuring out how this piece of crap ever got made.

Oh god, you make me laugh so hard! You totally just speaks my mind.

CrimsonLight said:

Harem: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. I dislike harems in general but this one I simply liked. There's no particular reason.

This is another mystery to me as well, I generally dislike harems but I am particularly fond of this one. Despite the lolis, deres and whatever else, it actually keeps me watching.

Action: FMA: Brotherhood. This is definitely one of the anime where I didn't try to skip any of the fighting scenes. I enjoyed all the fight scenes, they are all not repetitive. Although Jormungand is growing on me but it is still not finished yet so I can't judge it.
--------------------
Romance: Ano Natsu de Matteru. AnoNatsu really left me feeling alot. I really love how the ending was presented. No words implied, no final scene that shows the couple. But when you see the last scene, awww. Toradora is actually one of the greatest romance out there but, it just didn't left so much emotions in me than AnoNatsu.
--------------------
Harem: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Like what I mentioned above, generally dislike harem but I am actually fond of this one. Must be that two girl protagonists. I think their friendship was actually portrayed very nicely.
--------------------
Drama: CLANNAD: After Story. I cried at every single arcs. Every single one of them.
--------------------
Mystery: Must be Guilty Crown.. I must admit I don't watch much mystery and to me, Higurashi and Another doesn't really count as a mystery. Its more towards the thriller horror end I guess.
--------------------
Comedy/Slice of Life: Nichijou. Nothing beats Nichijou. Arawa Keiichi is just a genius.
--------------------
Seinen: Madoka. Magical girls are definitely not what they seem to be. Its like saying Happy Tree Friends is a cartoon for kids.
--------------------
Horror: Another. Final destination with a story! It actually really has a story and it left me feeling something.
--------------------
Sports: Is Chihayafuru counted? I thought it was actually really great. Who knew a game of cards can spent so much of your physical strength and left you breaking in sweat?
--------------------
Ecchi: I generally don't pay much attention to these but I guess its Strike Witches. I mean every single second when a character shows up you would have no choice but to notice they are not wearing any pants. I mean, they could actually fly in the air with so much wind and not feeling cold in the legs? Anyway, Strike Witches is actually one of my favourite, just love the girls with guns. And all the characters are definitely lovable.
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: Madoka. Despite being not what it seems, it is still called Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Magical Girl Madoka of the Magus.
--------------------
Mecha: Code Geass. Nothing as exciting as hailing all Britannia.

05-22-12, 3:37 PM

Action: claymore, real fights should have body parts flying some where, this is a pretty good example of it.
--------------------
Romance: clannad (both seasons), a monumental series that anyone who enjoys the romance genre should watch
--------------------
Harem: infinite stratos, got to lovable characters to make a harem
--------------------
Drama: angel beats!, the point is to feel something for the characters, i still cry watching this
--------------------
Shounen: fma:brotherhood, prime example, a great show too
--------------------
Mystery: shiki, vampires on a much more interesting level than twilight
--------------------
Slice of Life: usagi drop, daily life of a kid and her say uncle, really layed back, how a slice of life should be
--------------------
Horror: higurashi, at least the first season was a true horror, blood and gore all the goodies
--------------------
Mech: it's hard to choose because code geass had a better story though the mechs in gundam 00 were just as good.

05-22-12, 4:49 PM

Action: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
---------
Adventure: Spice and Wolf. Their journey and chemistry between the main characters makes this the best adventure anime I've seen.
-----------
Comedy: Ranma 1/2, actually Ouran is my number one, but I mention it in another category and Ranma 1/2 is a strong number 2.
------------
Drama: Grave of the fireflies. The saddest movie I've ever seen.
-------------
Fantasy: Twelve Kingdoms.
----------------
Harem: Clannad. Both good comedy and drama and a good male lead.
--------------
Horror: Another, since I'm mentioning Higurashi in mystery.
----------------
Mahou Shoujo: Princess Tutu. It's much better than it sounds. More of a fantasy it breakes stereotypes. Inspired by many fairytales and good characters and plot, Give it a few episodes before it really starts to shine. Mahou Shoujo Madoka is a strong number two.
-----------------
Mystery: Higurashi. It was really interesting.
---------------
Reverse Harem: Ouran High School Host Club. Makes fun of stereotypes often found in reverse harem and shoujo series and incredibly funny.
---------------
Romance: Kimi ni Todoke. So incredibly sweet and beautiful.
----------------
Sci-fi: Steins Gate.
-----------------
Shoujo: Skip Beat! Funny, with strong female lead.
---------------
Shounen: Fairy Tail. Really funny, interesting characters and cool fighting scenes.
---------------
Slice of Life: Aria. It was what made me like the slice of life genre.
----------------
Thriller: Death Note. Had me hooked from the first episode.
-------------

05-22-12, 6:41 PM

--------------------
Action: Katekyo Hitman Reborn...I absolutely disliked it at first and considered dropping it but after the first few episodes was hooked on the story and characters...though I really can care less about Tsuna I really enjoy most of the other characters.
--------------------
Adventure: Probably a tie between a few of my favorite series but I would have to go with Hunter x Hunter...it has always been a favorite anime of mine ever since I was younger.
--------------------
Comedy: Yakitate Japan! It's absolutely the funniest anime that I have seen, the characters and parodies are simply hilarious. A lot of people don't even give it a try because they only think it's about making bread.
--------------------
Demons: Yu Yu Hakusho. One of my top favorites as well. Great characters, great story line and an awesome classic! One of the best Shounen Series out there.
--------------------
Drama: Gankutsuou...beautiful art, beautiful characters and a sad angst ridden story to go with it...
--------------------
Ecchi: Not really a fan of this genre but I have seen a few series that were great which had quite a few ecchi scenes in them and Bakuretsu Hunters really is one of my favorites because the two main female characters just make it too funny.
--------------------
Fantasy: Saiyuki...the character Sanzo really makes this anime one of my favorites.
--------------------
Game: Hikaru no Go...I can't say enough great things about this series..I wish there were more out there like it!
--------------------
Gender Bender: Rose of Versailles...Oscar FTW one of the best female characters in anime existence!
--------------------
Harem: Kyo Kara Maoh!...I view it as a harem lol and it's not a reverse harem because it's not all guys and one girl it's all pretty men...good times...Mostly I enjoy this series because of Wolfram and Gunter.
--------------------
Historical: Hetalia as a joke...lol I really don't view it as historical, more of a parody but that is the only one I could think for this one atm...
--------------------
Horror: Petshop of Horrors...The manga was only adapted with a few ovas but they were great, the manga of it is amazing though! The darkness aspect, the murders etc. Count D is just so mysterious yet funny at the same time.
--------------------
Josei: 07 Ghost...though I wish more of the manga was adapted into the anime it was still great and seeing the comedic relationships between Frau and Teito just make it so much better.
--------------------
Kids: Card Fight Vanguard...Card Games FTW! Actually pretty mature for a card battling anime...great characters, great plot etc.
--------------------
Magic: Slayers...Lina and Gourry make an adorable couple and Zelgadis and Xellos are great characters! Really enjoy the magic and spells of this series.
--------------------
Mecha: Gundam Wing...mostly for nostalgia reasons...yay Toonami!
--------------------
Mystery: Durarara!! Though mystery might not be it's main genre, I still view it as a mystery anime...and an amazing anime at that...the relationships between all of the characters, the unique aspect of the plots etc.
--------------------
Psychological: Monster...Johan is one bad ass mofo..lol.
--------------------
Reverse Harem: Most of these genres I think are pretty bad, I have a few on my watch list that look like they might be worth a watch but right now I would have to go with Fushigi Yuugi. Most of the characters are likable minus a couple and I really like the fantasy plot.
--------------------
Romance: I know it's another reverse harem and there isn't that much romance in it but I will have to go out Ouran High School Host Club...Haruhi is just adorable.
--------------------
Samurai: Peacemaker Kurogane...such a great but dramatic series, with exceptional characters.
--------------------
School: Haven't seen that many of this genre but Great Teacher Onizuka is awesome...just because of Onizuka without him it just wouldn't be the same.
--------------------
Sci-Fi: Terra e... Everything about this anime is amazing. The Art the characters and plot.
--------------------
Seinen: xxxHOLiC... Yes I even don't mind the noodle people haha...Love the dark atmosphere of this anime the characters especially Yuuko.
--------------------
Shoujo: X...the most non Shoujo, Shoujo ever...love it! Very dark and a whole lot of drama and angst.
--------------------
Shounen Ai: Yami no Matsuei...teeny tiny touch of Shounen Ai but it's a lovely series with an amazing supernatural aspect.
--------------------
Shounen: One Piece...love the whole friendship aspect between all of the characters, one of the most enjoyable series that I have seen.
--------------------
Slice of Life: Ookiku Furikabutte...A Sports and Slice of Life series but it can count as both. Really it's one of the most realistic series that I have watched, realistic plots and really likeable characters.
--------------------
Space: Legend of the Galactic Heroes...Mature series, mature characters, great all around.
--------------------
Sports: Probably one of the hardest to choose because this is really one of favorite genres. But I would have to pick the Prince of Tennis. It's just so over the top it's just hilarious and the characters in the series are some of the funnest that I have seen.
--------------------
Super Power: Tiger & Bunny. One of the most unique series that I have ever seen. I watched one episode and was completely hooked, really more people need to give this anime a chance.
--------------------
Supernatural: Tactics...I really enjoyed this series the demons, the mythology etc
--------------------
Yaoi: Hard to pick this one because all the ones that were made into anime adaptions were completely horrible but Ai no Kusabi is one of the best...the really unique sci-fi plot makes it a favorite.
--------------------
Modified by Abbyrose, 05-22-12, 7:03 PM
BBC Code....why u no work!?

05-22-12, 11:32 PM

Action: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Everything about this series was just about perfect for me. Storyline, characters, music, art, animation, action scenes, the emotion, it was all just plain fantastic. The action scenes in particular were very well done.
--------------------
Romance: Clannad ~ After Story: No other couple has made me feel the true love between two characters like Tomoya and Nagisa did. I mean, they were just so genuine and how they showed their affection, although with the general anime over-the-top embarresment flair, felt so realistic. Just the little things they would do together and say to each other, I could honestly say I could see two people acting like that.
--------------------
Harem: Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? : What can I say, something about this series just clicks with me. I love the humor, it always makes me laugh, and Ayumu is a great harem lead. For once, it's a guy I could see falling for. Hell, if he was real, I'd probably fall for him :P
--------------------
Drama: Mawaru Penguindrum: One of my all time favorite series and one of the best dramas I have seen. The characters developed and interacted very well with one another and the overall feel of the series was very well done.
--------------------
Shounen: Durarara!!: My favorite series of all time. I adore DRRR!!, plain and simple.
--------------------
Mystery: Kara no Kyoukai: Easily my favorite anime films and I found the manner in which the story was told to really make the mystery stand out more. I adored the dark and forboding feeling of the series and the storyline was intense.
--------------------
Slice of Life: 5 Centimeters Per Second: Because there is no anime that showcases real life better then this one.
--------------------
Seinen: Black Lagoon: AWESOME series. A very mature cast and feel as well as just an overall badass factor.
--------------------
Horror: Monster: Johan. Do I need another reason?
--------------------
Sports: Big Windup!!: Considering this series took someone like me, who hates watching baseball, and made a game totally fascinating to watch... Well, it was a success.
--------------------
Ecchi: B Gata H Kei: Now there was a hilarious ecchi series done right!
--------------------
Mahou Shoujo: Cardcaptor Sakura: A true classic.
--------------------
Mecha: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Loved the spirit and spunk this series showed.
--------------------
Humor: Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu: There is no series that has ever made me laugh this much.
--------------------
Shoujo: Ouran High School Host Club: A fun and hilarious series to watch.
--------------------
Josei: Chihayafuru: No competition here, this one is high and above my favorite josei.

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices