Jan 2009
Title - Tony Takitani
Director - Jun Ichikawa
Year of Release - 2004
Duration - 76 minutes
Genre - Drama, Adaptation
IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420260/

Synopsis
Due to his Western name, Tony was shunned by other kids and spent a solitary childhood. Though gifted as an artist, his drawings lacked feeling, so as an adult, he carved a career as a technical illustrator. Then in middle age, Tony suddenly falls for a pretty young woman, Eiko Konuma, who visits him one day on business. Eiko is like an angel in Tony's daily existence, and for the first time in his life, he feels connected to the outside world. However, Eiko does have one fault: she's a clothing shopaholic. Confusion also begins to develop when it appears that Eiko has a double.

Stream: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODU3ODkxNzY=.html

Can be found on asiatorrents and other usual torrent sites.
ridojiriJun 5, 2012 5:00 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 22, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Saw this several years ago, I didn't care for it and it didn't leave much of an impression.
May 23, 2012 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
Funny you say that because I also completely forgot about this one and had to look it up again. The description sounded familiar but I still can't seem to recall anything other than I gave it three and a half stars on Netflix. Which also means that I must have liked something about it. So I watched the preview posted here and I remembered. It was a pretty depressing film with not really high high's or low low's. You could almost say the movie was morose. I think that was what I liked about it.
Sep 2, 2012 3:45 AM

Apr 2008
Orion1 said:
Funny you say that because I also completely forgot about this one and had to look it up again. The description sounded familiar but I still can't seem to recall anything other than I gave it three and a half stars on Netflix. Which also means that I must have liked something about it. So I watched the preview posted here and I remembered. It was a pretty depressing film with not really high high's or low low's. You could almost say the movie was morose. I think that was what I liked about it.

I watched this movie twice actually because I had forgotten that I had seen it once before. :) I liked it better with the second viewing, but that is probably due to the fact that I had learned it was based on the Murakami short story and it gave me the necessary tone and context required for seeing the film as more than just a really weird story. =]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Japanese film?

Sukamii - Jan 28, 2022

0 by Sukamii »»
Jan 28, 2022 9:52 PM

Sticky: » What was the last film you watched? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Touka - Mar 12, 2010

735 by Culex »»
Sep 29, 2018 9:53 PM

Sticky: » Movie, Director and Actor/Actress/Talent Spotlights [List + Suggestions]

13579wp - Aug 6, 2014

5 by JapaneseDaddy »»
Aug 25, 2018 10:45 PM

» Cinema of China/Korea.

TakeshiKitano - Aug 19, 2011

48 by PandaMaster99 »»
Aug 30, 2015 1:02 AM

» Director Spotlight #5: Sion Sono

Orion1 - Nov 1, 2012

3 by removed-user »»
May 27, 2015 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.