Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2012 11:16 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reika development this episode as she tries to decide what she really wants to do.

They did spice up the battle a bit with the whole quiz thing, lol.
emeth_asherMay 19, 2012 11:28 PM
May 20, 2012 3:56 AM

Apr 2009
That whole quiz thing, eh.

A main Cure not exactly exceling in academics is a given, but this time we have four of five Cures (supposedly in their second year of middle school) being unable to count up to ten.
May 22, 2012 7:15 AM

Nov 2008
Sae said:
That whole quiz thing, eh.

A main Cure not exactly exceling in academics is a given, but this time we have four of five Cures (supposedly in their second year of middle school) being unable to count up to ten.

This. The only question that looked half-challenging was the Tokugawa one, and maybe for Japanese that's a chump question and I don't know since I'm not from there, I dunno. But the first sentence everyone learns in English and addition shouldn't be a freaking challenge. Make them translate a poem or calculate basic algebra. That will also allow Reika to actually look smart, as opposed to being the one-eyed person in the blind kingdom.

On the positive side, it was actually a Reika episode, as opposed to the supposed Reika episode that was really about Candy. Well, if you leave aside how she learnt things from the other girls and gave them lessons, something no other episode has done so far. Love how Toei considers Reika so much of a side-character her episodes have to involve someone else too. Combined with Miyuki getting one more episode than the other girls no real reason, yeah, this isn't going to be their best season when it comes to balancing the girls.

At least it's not Suite, where Hibiki got her upgrade on a Kanade episode. Now that was a dick move.
May 22, 2012 8:06 AM

Oct 2011
Still better at balancing than Futari wa... that was traumatic with showing Nagisa all the time
ok more devastating was Pollun but that's different matter

Nice episode overall - it still goes into some different direction as other series
this time with this crazy quiz thing. You don't see that often ;)
Problem that I see here is that Reika (well Nao or Akane also a bit) is bland - but I hope that they will put up that "searching" thing in some other episodes, that would look nice (and somehow similar to HeartCatch - there was that thing also and nicelly done).

Next ep looks like comedy one - somehow I'm curious about it.
But give some normal fights :D
May 22, 2012 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
I think Peace just got flustered over a simple question she knew. Other than that, the quiz show was pretty cool.
May 22, 2012 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
Dalek-baka said:
Still better at balancing than Futari wa... that was traumatic with showing Nagisa all the time

Well, the first Futari wasn't THAT bad. A bit Nagisa-focused, but within limits; Honoka still had screentime and some episodes. MaX Heart was basically The Nagisa Show, and certainly much worse than this.
And Pollun was at least disliked in-universe too, unlike Candy who is loved because she's loved.

prismheart said:
I think Peace just got flustered over a simple question she knew. Other than that, the quiz show was pretty cool.

Yes, but that doesn't explain why the girls are so amazed at Reika getting it right. Nor the other girls all flubbing their questions.

The quiz thing was done in Suite too, except instead of 4 idiots and a "genius" girl, you had an idiot and 2 smart girls, which worked better. Less convoluted at least.
ZettaiRyouikiMay 22, 2012 11:32 PM
May 22, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2008
Seriously, wtf? Do they really want to make Yayoi ultra stupid? Come on, 1+2+3+4 is not a math problem, a 5 yo child should be able to solve it in 10 seconds!

Otherwise, great episode :D
May 22, 2012 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Quite a serious topic this time.

And WTF @ Yayoi not knowing how to do 1+2+3+4.
May 23, 2012 1:24 AM
Jun 2011
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Dalek-baka said:

Well, the first Futari wasn't THAT bad. A bit Nagisa-focused, but within limits; Honoka still had screentime and some episodes. MaX Heart was basically The Nagisa Show, and certainly much worse than this.
And Pollun was at least disliked in-universe too, unlike Candy who is loved because she's loved.

prismheart said:

Yes, but that doesn't explain why the girls are so amazed at Reika getting it right. Nor the other girls all flubbing their questions.

The quiz thing was done in Suite too, except instead of 4 idiots and a "genius" girl, you had an idiot and 2 smart girls, which worked better. Less convoluted at least.
do you think the next episode will have a diffrent fight since there will be 2 akanbes and not 1 like alweys and each of them have diffrent nose?
May 23, 2012 1:35 AM

Nov 2008
Hey, maybe they'll do something different with that.

Or just have Akane beat the regular one and then do the combination for the blue nose one.
May 23, 2012 2:28 AM
Jun 2011
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Hey, maybe they'll do something different with that.

Or just have Akane beat the regular one and then do the combination for the blue nose one.
it looks like only 3 decors left to get before the queen to apear so it will happen in episode 19 what do you think wil happen when she will apear in this episode?.and about pierrot by the clock numbers it seems he will apear in the first week of july.
Dec 23, 2012 3:49 PM

Aug 2011
Oh wow. I thought the quiz battle was great. Didn't expect that really. Although I didn't know all the answers to the questions myself, that math problem however... come on Peace!

Haven't seen a solo transformation in a while so I appreciated Beauty's full-screen process.

I think the show is doing a good job of keeping me interested and mixing up the structure a bit. The next ep looks like an example of this too, can't wait for more Sunny!
Jan 22, 2016 10:43 PM

Oct 2014
Today I learned that the most important reason to study is just in case someone comes up to you with a gun and says "I'm going to kill you if you haven't studied".
Sep 25, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
"What have I been studying for?" To defeat a quiz-based Akanbe ofc, dear Reiko. Really liked that fight!

Very nice episode for her and understanding what she wants to do, also some neat advices from her part to the other Precure! Using things they love as motivation to learn is very useful.

0-6-6 vs Cure Peace, how can I be this bad?
Feb 21, 2022 2:41 PM

Aug 2018
Everyone have their stuff they like and enjoy..
Happy, please.. Dog idiom.. ;P
Lines in the poem suit Beauty's situation.. Well, was intended.. ;P
Well, that's very smart from Reika to be able to find motivation to learn for others.. Maybe Reika will become a teacher.. But not necessary.. Reika has many things she's good at..
Feb 25, 2022 12:50 AM
Oct 2019
Beauty is probably gonna be one of my fav Cures ,at least favorite blue at this point
Apr 19, 2022 8:26 AM

Feb 2020
Lol. Yayoi didn't know how to do 1+2+3+4. That math problem was so easy.

Well, it was a nice character development for Reika.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 40 Discussion

Kaengel - Nov 25, 2012

10 by kitaaaa »»
Apr 13, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 3 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

31 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

29 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samuraitastic - Feb 4, 2012

57 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 6 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Mar 11, 2012

17 by ThorVermillion »»
Feb 24, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.