MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (3) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 6 Discussion


May 18, 2012 5:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3162
Such a good episode! SO many little amazing scenes.

Trying to understand how this is, in anyway, less quality than past episodes. (Based on some people's opinions...)

It really showed some of the depth, past hurts, and interesting personalities of the characters.

Looking forward to next week....

Brother Jun looks like he's having a rough time... Yurika's gonna try to jump on THAT.

Again this episode flew by + I look forward to next week.
 
May 18, 2012 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
MusashiRose said:
Trying to understand how this is, in anyway, less quality than past episodes. (Based on some people's opinions...)


"Less quality than past episodes" doesn't mean much, anyway, when the first five episodes were very high-quality.

The only thing that irked me slightly was how quickly Kaoru retreated back into his shell, which is an unfortunate byproduct of this show being compressed into 12 episodes. So far, the script has been able to keep up with the fast pace, but at time like that, the fast pace turns drama into melodrama.
 
May 18, 2012 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
I really liked it, Kaoru was overreacting though. Still, his reaction is understandable. I really don't like the new guy, it's cute that he's obviously a Beatles fan and I'm sure he has great taste in music, but I just don't like the way he accomplishes things. He reminds me a bit of Kurumi from Kimi no Todoke, for example; usually I like characters like that but with this one, not so much.
 
May 18, 2012 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2252
The new guy is.. a little irritating but I can't comment much since we didn't see much of him yet.

Kaoru lashing out like that feels a bit weird but I think the scene on the bus was well done.
 
May 18, 2012 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
I really liked the fact that Kaoru started to change, so his rage ruined the good image and pissed me off a little. I hope that Sentarou will get rid of the new guy quickly. More jazz!
 
May 18, 2012 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5146
The new character doesn't really feel right for the time this series is set in. He behaves too "modern" in a way.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”
 
May 18, 2012 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2418
Kaoru acting like an angry kid really irritated me but during his monologues that he knew he was, I felt his sadness.

New character's design kinda irk me because of that fang. lol

Hope to hear some Beatles songs. :)

Was that Junichi in the ending? Interesting cliffhanger then.
 
May 18, 2012 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2382
Damn new guy. I knew he was up to no good. I think, with the entrance of Seiji, it brings out the awkward and almost possessive part of Kaoru. I can understand where he's coming from. If some random kid started prancing around and stealing MY friend, I wouldn't be too happy either. It wasn't very mature of him to freak out over it, though. But it's understandable - considering his character, and especially since we got that flashback of his past.
 
May 18, 2012 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 659
Wow, I really understand how Kaoru feels...
 
May 18, 2012 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that matsuoka's hair was blonde xD
Modified by arletti, May 18, 2012 9:29 PM
"Ad astra per alas fideles."
 
May 18, 2012 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 412
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

Modified by Reim_Seranth, May 18, 2012 1:33 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
 
May 18, 2012 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 43
Mmm, not my favorite episode so far, what it was quite good anyway. I didn't expected to see time flowing so fast, it took me by surprise. I'm starting to apreciate Kaoru. Not that I disliked him before, but I'm starting to like him as the main character.

The new character gave me the creeps. I disliked him from the very moment he appeared. Let's see if he can attract Sen to 'the dark side of music'. Rock? C'mon...

Also, who was the misterious character at the end of the episode? Jun after some months of slovenliness?
 
May 18, 2012 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Zilpzalp said:

No, that is wrong. It is not because of his gender, but because of this anime. You know the theme of the anime and that it has a more serious tone than your typical moe anime. Therefore, you just cannot trust a guy like that, because up until now, the anime always stressed the fact that every human has a dark side to them.

Seriously, if it was a girl most people would be like:
"SO CUTE!!", and maybe get annoyed at the end of the episode. As a guy he is just plain weird... There is no way people could trust it. :3
 
May 18, 2012 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 59
Man the lack of jazz is :(
 
May 18, 2012 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Ragix said:
This new character is annoying, yet very necessary all the same time. He SEEMS like a nice guy, and has good intentions, but at the same time those good intentions require bad actions.


Good intentions my arse. Seiji is nothing but a self-absorbed opportunist that relies on lying, "charm" and smooth-talking. He has good social skills, ergo, he can manipulate people to his favor - see Sen. Sure, he wants to help his so called "family" and even if they were poor how the frack does starting a band gonna help them out? If he really was serious about helping them, he'd get a job or two, period.

Lying to Sen about how Yurika feels and thought about the date, to a guy he just met, tells all I need to know about someone. He stinks loooooong way, and really needs to swim far to shore to get him out of the deep he's in.
 
May 18, 2012 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 675
That queer doesn't look poor to me honestly.
 
May 18, 2012 11:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 102
Wow, what an annoying gay brat :c good episode
 
May 19, 2012 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 200
I thought I was thinking too much feeling that the quality of this episode has dropped compare to those of the previous episodes.

Some scenes may had been cut away, towards the ending where Kaoru got angry(or maybe I'm wrong).

Based on Kaoru's flashback, he probably had a great friend like Sentarou. But due to some events, his friend left him explaining that it would only be temporary, similar to the situation in this episode, but had never returned nor send letters back to him like they had promised. Therefore Kaoru was angry and worried about losing another friend that he cherished so much. So I guess it is reasonable for Kaoru to behave like that. Since he never had any other friend until he met Sentarou.
 
May 19, 2012 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 252
I could tell by the tooth that the new guy would be scheming something.
I didn't like him :c
 
May 19, 2012 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1180
The episode wasn't that bad, like some said. We saw that Kaoru is still scared that he will lose Sentarou because of his past experiences & well... Yurika only cares about Jun.

I wonder what's going on with Jun though...
 
May 19, 2012 4:47 AM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3466
Characters with a tooth like that are never a good thing... His mannerisms are particularly annoying.

Kaoru is so angsty!
 
May 19, 2012 5:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2432
damn ended so quickly i guess that guy at the end was Jun!
 
May 19, 2012 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1332
Gilver said:
That queer doesn't look poor to me honestly.


was also thinking this! he's got that bully completely wrapped around his little finger. i don't think a bully would wanna stick around a poor guy :I two possibilities here: his claims about coming from a poor family aren't true, or he's just a sly bastard who knows how to manipulate everyone.
seems like the latter is already a well-established fact at this point though lol

ugh, kinda frustrated w/ kaoru but not b/c he went all RAGEQUIT!!! on sen, but b/c he's forcing him onto ricchan non-stop. sure, he means well b/c he wants the girl he likes to be happy but at the same time he doesn't have the right to tell sen who to like & not to like.
 
May 19, 2012 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 455
Seiji fuels some character development in Kaoru and Sentarou. It's nice to see those other sides of them. I guess it adds more realism to the show. And the more realistic it is, the more others can relate, right? Yeap, good stuff there.

But I don't like him. Just seeing him, ugh.

And I'm guessing the guy at the end is Jun? ;_;
[insert awesome signature here]
 
May 19, 2012 6:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5081
Hexagon love relationship...
its getting more complex but I will stick to Bon X Sentarou till the end.
 
May 19, 2012 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 770
Totentanz said:
This episode once again showed how refined every character is.
Seiji seems to be a quite flamboyant and manipulative guy, yet I think he's honest in regard to his family situation and his dream of becoming famous is most likely fueled by the wish to escape his narrow environment which is why he displays such an exuberant attitude.

It's a good thing that he brought out a different side from both Kaoru and Sentarou.
We see a softer side from Sentarou as he seems to feel compassion for Seiji as he can easily relate to the situation the slim boy mentioned

Despite being aware of his own irrational feelings Kaoru can't help but feel betrayed by Sentarou and sees Seiji as a threat to their friendship, having experienced how easily friendships can cease to exist. It shows how Kaoru still has a long way to go concerning social skills and that one has to be able to adapt to changes in one's life. Expecting him to have changed completely after making friends with Ritsuko and Sentarou would have been unrealistic.

While many seem to regard the new character as an unpleasant addition to this series, it's still a neccessary development to make Kaoru realize that one can't claim a monopoly for someone's friendship. Without doubt he will grow to a more mature person after this conflict.


That's more or less how I feel. I don't understand why people are whining over this guy. He just helps see that Kaoru is still the lonely kid from his childhood, and Sentaro is more or less the only person he ever had such a close bond to. It's understandable that he'd feel so threatened.

I can believe that Seiji comes from a poor family; when you live in poverty, it can really change you as a person.

The only annoying thing about him is that he treats music as a potential cash cow, instead of actually liking and appreciating music. Sentaro was a real musician and a real admirer of the arts. Seiji is just using it, as he is with everyone else.

It brings a new edge to the show. And while it's sad to say that it just doesn't quite as amazing as it did at first. I think it's instead turning itself more into a refined character drama, I can get behind this.
 
May 19, 2012 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4380
This gay boy is so annoying and colorful, just don't fit with the rest of the characters of this series, a really fail in my opinion.
 
May 19, 2012 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3020
wishbook said:
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

You got it right in the first sentence. The series is now so chopped up the scenes no longer makes sense anymore because the best parts, the discussions, the background information is being left out. Example, there was a whole scene about my Kauro's mom left him. It wasn't even touched upon in the anime. I'm about to take the rating down to an 7 or 8 because of this hack job.


We need to get all the WTFs we watched listed....please join and let the insanity reign!!!
WTF did I just watch? club
 
May 19, 2012 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
sbyrstall said:
wishbook said:
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

You got it right in the first sentence. The series is now so chopped up the scenes no longer makes sense anymore because the best parts, the discussions, the background information is being left out. Example, there was a whole scene about my Kauro's mom left him. It wasn't even touched upon in the anime. I'm about to take the rating down to an 7 or 8 because of this hack job.

I like that they cut that scene cause I found it to be very very stupid and overly melodramatic I am watching anime not telenovela.
 
May 19, 2012 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2060
danilo07 said:
I like that they cut that scene cause I found it to be very very stupid and overly melodramatic I am watching anime not telenovela.


But this episode was melodramatic to begin with.

No matter how you look at it, this problem is symptomatic of Sakamichi no Apollon being wrongfully compressed into one cour.
 
May 19, 2012 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1135
MissileSoup said:
I felt like the scene before the opening, with the wind breezing past Ritsuko's skirt was hinting at her feelings for Kaoru swaying.


For what it's worth, I definitely think so too.
 
May 19, 2012 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 412
Hakuromatsu said:
No matter how you look at it, this problem is symptomatic of Sakamichi no Apollon being wrongfully compressed into one cour.


I really hope that the next episode won't be compressed at all.

Its my favorite moment in the manga.

danilo07 said:
sbyrstall said:
wishbook said:
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

You got it right in the first sentence. The series is now so chopped up the scenes no longer makes sense anymore because the best parts, the discussions, the background information is being left out. Example, there was a whole scene about my Kauro's mom left him. It wasn't even touched upon in the anime. I'm about to take the rating down to an 7 or 8 because of this hack job.

I like that they cut that scene cause I found it to be very very stupid and overly melodramatic I am watching anime not telenovela.


No, that scene is actually very necessary. In the manga, Kaoru's mom is portrayed as a strong-hearted woman who struggles against all odds in her life. She swore not to cry in front of Kaoru, despite all of her sadness and despair.


In the anime she's just a typical irresponsible, weak mother who doesn't even try to hold her tears in front of her son, even if she know that by doing so would probably make her son sad and puzzled.
Modified by Reim_Seranth, May 19, 2012 12:15 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
 
May 19, 2012 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 412
Well, from my point of view, one of Seiji's creation purposes is for him to be 'the receiver of all fangirls hate and rage' within Sen x Bon shippers' community, so that both Yurika and Ritsuko may be spared from all the hate. :p
Modified by Luna_, May 21, 2012 12:07 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
 
May 19, 2012 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
wishbook said:
Hakuromatsu said:
No matter how you look at it, this problem is symptomatic of Sakamichi no Apollon being wrongfully compressed into one cour.


I really hope that the next episode won't be compressed at all.

Its my favorite moment in the manga.

danilo07 said:
sbyrstall said:
wishbook said:
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

You got it right in the first sentence. The series is now so chopped up the scenes no longer makes sense anymore because the best parts, the discussions, the background information is being left out. Example, there was a whole scene about my Kauro's mom left him. It wasn't even touched upon in the anime. I'm about to take the rating down to an 7 or 8 because of this hack job.

I like that they cut that scene cause I found it to be very very stupid and overly melodramatic I am watching anime not telenovela.


No, that scene is actually very necessary. In the manga, Kaoru's mom is portrayed as a strong-hearted woman who struggles against all odds in her life. She swore not to cry in front of Kaoru, despite all of her sadness and despair.


In the anime she's just a typical irresponsible, weak mother who doesn't even try to hold her tears in front of her son, even if she know that by doing so would probably make her son sad and puzzled.

Well having a loving, good,strong mother who wants to protect child but she can not cause society rejects her is cliche in melodrama genre.Being irresponsible and crying in front of you son is more realistic.
 
May 19, 2012 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 412
danilo07 said:
wishbook said:
Hakuromatsu said:
No matter how you look at it, this problem is symptomatic of Sakamichi no Apollon being wrongfully compressed into one cour.


I really hope that the next episode won't be compressed at all.

Its my favorite moment in the manga.

danilo07 said:
sbyrstall said:
wishbook said:
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

You got it right in the first sentence. The series is now so chopped up the scenes no longer makes sense anymore because the best parts, the discussions, the background information is being left out. Example, there was a whole scene about my Kauro's mom left him. It wasn't even touched upon in the anime. I'm about to take the rating down to an 7 or 8 because of this hack job.

I like that they cut that scene cause I found it to be very very stupid and overly melodramatic I am watching anime not telenovela.


No, that scene is actually very necessary. In the manga, Kaoru's mom is portrayed as a strong-hearted woman who struggles against all odds in her life. She swore not to cry in front of Kaoru, despite all of her sadness and despair.


In the anime she's just a typical irresponsible, weak mother who doesn't even try to hold her tears in front of her son, even if she know that by doing so would probably make her son sad and puzzled.

Well having a loving, good,strong mother who wants to protect child but she can not cause society rejects her is cliche in melodrama genre.Being irresponsible and crying in front of you son is more realistic.


Actually it would be better if she did intend to cry all out in front of Kaoru from the start, which makes her the 'irresponsible type' as you said. But what happened in the anime is, she cried in front of Kaoru unintentionally, which means that:

1. She failed in holding back her tears. That proves her to be weaker than her manga counterpart. In the anime it looks like she doesn't make any effort in holding back her tears at all. But in the manga it is clear that she is struggling inside.
2. The anime decided to show her shedding tears without any backing story to that. That's a plot hole, something that make us questions "Why?" but will never be answered. I prefer the story to be cliched but explained well, rather than it trying to be uniquely mysterious but leaving a plothole behind.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
 
May 19, 2012 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
wishbook said:
danilo07 said:
wishbook said:
Hakuromatsu said:
No matter how you look at it, this problem is symptomatic of Sakamichi no Apollon being wrongfully compressed into one cour.


I really hope that the next episode won't be compressed at all.

Its my favorite moment in the manga.

danilo07 said:
sbyrstall said:
wishbook said:
Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.


They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD


Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

You got it right in the first sentence. The series is now so chopped up the scenes no longer makes sense anymore because the best parts, the discussions, the background information is being left out. Example, there was a whole scene about my Kauro's mom left him. It wasn't even touched upon in the anime. I'm about to take the rating down to an 7 or 8 because of this hack job.

I like that they cut that scene cause I found it to be very very stupid and overly melodramatic I am watching anime not telenovela.


No, that scene is actually very necessary. In the manga, Kaoru's mom is portrayed as a strong-hearted woman who struggles against all odds in her life. She swore not to cry in front of Kaoru, despite all of her sadness and despair.


In the anime she's just a typical irresponsible, weak mother who doesn't even try to hold her tears in front of her son, even if she know that by doing so would probably make her son sad and puzzled.

Well having a loving, good,strong mother who wants to protect child but she can not cause society rejects her is cliche in melodrama genre.Being irresponsible and crying in front of you son is more realistic.


Actually it would be better if she did intend to cry all out in front of Kaoru from the start, which makes her the 'irresponsible type' as you said. But what happened in the anime is, she cried in front of Kaoru unintentionally, which means that:

1. She failed in holding back her tears. That proves her to be weaker than her manga counterpart. In the anime it looks like she doesn't make any effort in holding back her tears at all. But in the manga it is clear that she is struggling inside.
2. The anime decided to show her shedding tears without any backing story to that. That's a plot hole, something that make us questions "Why?" but will never be answered. I prefer the story to be cliched but explained well, rather than it trying to be uniquely mysterious but leaving a plothole behind.

You have wrong definition of plot hole here is little bit from wikipedia on it "While many stories have unanswered questions, unlikely events or chance occurrences, a plot hole is one that is essential to the story's outcome." Her back story was not needed for that episodes purpose which is Kaoru maturing and like I previously said it was a cliche.
 
May 19, 2012 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
Ahmer said:
damn ended so quickly i guess that guy at the end was Jun!


lanachan said:
Seiji fuels some character development in Kaoru and Sentarou. It's nice to see those other sides of them. I guess it adds more realism to the show. And the more realistic it is, the more others can relate, right? Yeap, good stuff there.

But I don't like him. Just seeing him, ugh.

And I'm guessing the guy at the end is Jun? ;_;


"Ad astra per alas fideles."
 
May 19, 2012 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 352
The only thing bad about this episode is Seiji's tooth. I can get over it but I would have liked it if it wasn't that exaggerated.I really like theses characters compared to those of other animes of the same genre.

Also, I wonder what happened to Jun at the end.
 
May 19, 2012 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 81
The tooth pissed me off so much.
 
May 19, 2012 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1028
That new kid may not be a bad person or anything, but I don't like that he's getting in between Sentarou and Kaoru's friendship.....

Poor Kaoru, I can understand where he's coming from, but leaving Sentarou like that broke my heart : (

I hope they fix things next episode...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

 
May 20, 2012 1:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2729
I dislike the changes that they made this episode, not bad, but too much melodrama (as far as I can recall it wasn't like that in the manga, was resolved way quicker and I prefer it that way)..
well, it was still good, but could have been better
 
May 20, 2012 2:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1046
I like how this anime deals with the characters emotions and development but I wish everyone stopped falling in love :s (I'm a romance anime fan but this is getting a little off) also that new guy...I dislike him already, i don't give a damn if his circumstances are real or a load of crap but I don't like the way he smooth talks his way through things
 
May 20, 2012 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3871
Fvcking gay! Is that new character a gay? I don't even know but he's annoying as shit. Damn.
 
May 20, 2012 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 117
The episode is pretty well, and well it brought out more from the characters especially Kaoru. I actually thought they were going to try and play a beetles' track, makes me excited to see if Sen would really go and play for the new guy.
 
May 20, 2012 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3020
sajpowell said:
The tooth pissed me off so much.
This is an issue I have with a lot of characters, not just this one. Why do many anime characters have incisors that stick out? They either look like dogs or vampires...and I know SnA doesn't have any vampires in it.


We need to get all the WTFs we watched listed....please join and let the insanity reign!!!
WTF did I just watch? club
 
May 20, 2012 5:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 640
Im impressed on how they cut some manga parts while that the story doesn't get so messed up... but also disappointed because this is an adaptation giving us a complete different scenario and characters personality from manga... the pace now is very fast... and degrading after each episode.. or maybe i just like manga more.
i cant rate this anime anymore... ill leave it to non manga readers.
Still continues to be one of best show this year!
Modified by huntx, May 20, 2012 9:44 AM
 
May 20, 2012 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Where the hell is the jazz? This show is going downhill.
 
May 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 292
So that's how emos used to be in the middle of the 20th century.
 
May 20, 2012 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 646
One couple... two couple... three couple...
We're halfway through the series and why the only romance that seems to be progressing is bromance?
Yaoi feelings...
 
May 20, 2012 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 30
I don't like gay characters appear in anime very much.
it's easy way to keep the story.
 
Top
Pages (3) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »