MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 6 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sakamichi no Apollon »» Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 6 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

102 57.95%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 21.59%
3 out of 5: It was OK

29 16.48%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 3.41%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.57%
Voters: 176

05-18-12, 5:47 AM

Such a good episode! SO many little amazing scenes.

Trying to understand how this is, in anyway, less quality than past episodes. (Based on some people's opinions...)

It really showed some of the depth, past hurts, and interesting personalities of the characters.

Looking forward to next week....

Brother Jun looks like he's having a rough time... Yurika's gonna try to jump on THAT.

Again this episode flew by + I look forward to next week.

05-18-12, 6:42 AM

MusashiRose said:
Trying to understand how this is, in anyway, less quality than past episodes. (Based on some people's opinions...)

"Less quality than past episodes" doesn't mean much, anyway, when the first five episodes were very high-quality.

The only thing that irked me slightly was how quickly Kaoru retreated back into his shell, which is an unfortunate byproduct of this show being compressed into 12 episodes. So far, the script has been able to keep up with the fast pace, but at time like that, the fast pace turns drama into melodrama.

05-18-12, 8:41 AM

I really liked it, Kaoru was overreacting though. Still, his reaction is understandable. I really don't like the new guy, it's cute that he's obviously a Beatles fan and I'm sure he has great taste in music, but I just don't like the way he accomplishes things. He reminds me a bit of Kurumi from Kimi no Todoke, for example; usually I like characters like that but with this one, not so much.

05-18-12, 9:02 AM

The new guy is.. a little irritating but I can't comment much since we didn't see much of him yet.

Kaoru lashing out like that feels a bit weird but I think the scene on the bus was well done.

05-18-12, 9:08 AM

I really liked the fact that Kaoru started to change, so his rage ruined the good image and pissed me off a little. I hope that Sentarou will get rid of the new guy quickly. More jazz!

05-18-12, 10:10 AM

The new character doesn't really feel right for the time this series is set in. He behaves too "modern" in a way.
If you reply to one of my comments, please PM or write on my wall me so I can read/respond in kind. I won't bite, I promise.

05-18-12, 10:26 AM

Kaoru acting like an angry kid really irritated me but during his monologues that he knew he was, I felt his sadness.

New character's design kinda irk me because of that fang. lol

Hope to hear some Beatles songs. :)

Was that Junichi in the ending? Interesting cliffhanger then.

05-18-12, 11:46 AM

Damn new guy. I knew he was up to no good. I think, with the entrance of Seiji, it brings out the awkward and almost possessive part of Kaoru. I can understand where he's coming from. If some random kid started prancing around and stealing MY friend, I wouldn't be too happy either. It wasn't very mature of him to freak out over it, though. But it's understandable - considering his character, and especially since we got that flashback of his past.

animelist ‚óŹ blog

05-18-12, 12:29 PM

Wow, I really understand how Kaoru feels...

05-18-12, 12:33 PM

there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that matsuoka's hair was blonde xD
Modified by arletti, 05-18-12, 9:29 PM

05-18-12, 1:11 PM

Dammit......................The scenes that I anticipated aren't included at all.

They chopped off SO many scenes in this episode, a total of what could be 5 minutes of additional scenes. It annoyed the hell outta me, hence this episode is the worst episode so far, with too many omitted scenes and downgrade animation in terms of drawing detail, plus the melodrama between Kaoru and Sen. There are also weird transitions between scenes, such as when Kaoru throw away his clams. Suddenly in less than a second he is walking away from Sen. It's like watching a video in a 4x fast forward mode.

Overall this episode sucks.

2/5

weeknd said:
there was a couple parts skipped that were in the manga but that's normal nowkdls; xnx it was pretty good though o:

and i also thought that nobuhiko's hair was blonde xD

Yeah me too. Because Sentarou's hair is colored gray in the manga, I thought Seiji's white hair would be blonde-colored in the anime. But maybe its not too realistic for a Japanese to have blonde hair in 60's.

Modified by Reim_Seranth, 05-18-12, 1:33 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)

05-18-12, 2:49 PM

Mmm, not my favorite episode so far, what it was quite good anyway. I didn't expected to see time flowing so fast, it took me by surprise. I'm starting to apreciate Kaoru. Not that I disliked him before, but I'm starting to like him as the main character.

The new character gave me the creeps. I disliked him from the very moment he appeared. Let's see if he can attract Sen to 'the dark side of music'. Rock? C'mon...

Also, who was the misterious character at the end of the episode? Jun after some months of slovenliness?

05-18-12, 4:28 PM

Zilpzalp said:

No, that is wrong. It is not because of his gender, but because of this anime. You know the theme of the anime and that it has a more serious tone than your typical moe anime. Therefore, you just cannot trust a guy like that, because up until now, the anime always stressed the fact that every human has a dark side to them.

Seriously, if it was a girl most people would be like:
"SO CUTE!!", and maybe get annoyed at the end of the episode. As a guy he is just plain weird... There is no way people could trust it. :3

05-18-12, 6:17 PM

Man the lack of jazz is :(

05-18-12, 8:45 PM

Ragix said:
This new character is annoying, yet very necessary all the same time. He SEEMS like a nice guy, and has good intentions, but at the same time those good intentions require bad actions.

Good intentions my arse. Seiji is nothing but a self-absorbed opportunist that relies on lying, "charm" and smooth-talking. He has good social skills, ergo, he can manipulate people to his favor - see Sen. Sure, he wants to help his so called "family" and even if they were poor how the frack does starting a band gonna help them out? If he really was serious about helping them, he'd get a job or two, period.

Lying to Sen about how Yurika feels and thought about the date, to a guy he just met, tells all I need to know about someone. He stinks loooooong way, and really needs to swim far to shore to get him out of the deep he's in.

05-18-12, 10:26 PM

That queer doesn't look poor to me honestly.

05-18-12, 11:08 PM

Wow, what an annoying gay brat :c good episode

05-19-12, 12:29 AM

I thought I was thinking too much feeling that the quality of this episode has dropped compare to those of the previous episodes.

Some scenes may had been cut away, towards the ending where Kaoru got angry(or maybe I'm wrong).

Based on Kaoru's flashback, he probably had a great friend like Sentarou. But due to some events, his friend left him explaining that it would only be temporary, similar to the situation in this episode, but had never returned nor send letters back to him like they had promised. Therefore Kaoru was angry and worried about losing another friend that he cherished so much. So I guess it is reasonable for Kaoru to behave like that. Since he never had any other friend until he met Sentarou.

05-19-12, 12:56 AM

I could tell by the tooth that the new guy would be scheming something.
I didn't like him :c

05-19-12, 2:41 AM

The episode wasn't that bad, like some said. We saw that Kaoru is still scared that he will lose Sentarou because of his past experiences & well... Yurika only cares about Jun.

I wonder what's going on with Jun though...

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices