MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sankarea Episode 7 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sankarea »» Sankarea Episode 7 Discussion

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sankarea Episode 7 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

117 55.45%
4 out of 5: Liked it

45 21.33%
3 out of 5: It was OK

25 11.85%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

12 5.69%
1 out of 5: Hated it

12 5.69%
Voters: 211

05-17-12, 10:11 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode definitely so far was done well in terms of MOE and Ranko's past with Chihiro. I find they did Ranko's family rather very well. Ranko's past in terms of setup was colored brilliantly fine. In due part to the graveyard scenes.

About the beginning, it was very nice and smart to do the following setup in the spoiler
as Ranko runs so it shows she runs back the past. Perhaps to understand her mental state in regards towards Rea. She clearly showed hostile jealousy over her in the last episode. To that effect the setup starts back in the past with Ranko crying and being MOE in the spoiler
mainly due to a death. Now that was nostalgic to say the least. Seeing a family eating with Ranko observing them and seeing Ranko serve here that she looked stunning in that outfit. Her work place does look like your typical restaurant in Japan. Ranko was so lovely smiling here, WOW totally different aspect of her there. When she gets into a fight with Chihiro and the mother teases in the spoiler
it was very good for a setup. The mother of Ranko is so well done. It’s amazing really. Both are done finely and far better than in the manga.

The MOE and the relationship stemming from it was far more emphasized than the manga. Loli Ranko is a totally HNNNNNGGGGHHH very strongly and this episode clearly shows of Ranko's cute side as a kid.

It clearly shows that despite having issues, Ranko manages to get used to the horror movies of Chihiro in the spoiler
and I doubt anything but love made her strong in that sense.

That being said I find Ranko' comforting Chihiro as he cried was MOE itself. Such a strong scene emotionally. I did not think of Chihiro as that much of a cry baby but it shows he GREW SOME BALLS. He never cried like he did on that part except maybe for Babu TBH.

About flashback take 1, the first serious flashback is the official meeting between Chihiro and Ranko in the spoiler
I find it observing but more than anything that Chihiro was the one who gives out his hand to help Ranko out and that he even had BALLS from the start by taking Ranko’s hand. As such this is what made her see Chihiro in a different way. One of the most MOE of Ranko is in the following,

Like Rea in the hydrangeas, Ranko was cute during her loli age. The most significant next event is none other than in the spoiler
when Chihiro in fact does break down rather badly.
Ranko comforting him was another fortifier of their relationship. As it continues Chihiro is pretty depressed here over the whole thing. That IMO would be Ranko going away. That is shown in the spoiler
and the grandfather looked damn better there. One of the appreciation of how the mother looks is in the following,

Shows her nicely at her primed age. A few years after having Ranko. If you notice from the part of the present, she is kind fatter. Right?

About back the present take 1, one the nicest things when it happens is Chihiro's friend making fun of Ranko x Chihiro in the spoiler
going as far as teasing with his hands as a picture portrait. It was hilarious for its reactions from Chihiro and Ranko. Ranko also was happy around that part.

About the flashback take 2, the second part of the past was OVER 9000 OMG MOE I DIE! *heart stopped* *heart starts again* GOSH! Ranko so cute and with that skirt with those colors in the spoiler
it so went well with her. Her room OMG. So MOE also. Spooky = to Snoopy? I liked Ranko’s mother teasing out with a patting on the head of Chihiro and that Zombie mag is LIKE BOSS! Think of a kid reading horror for 18+. Now that takes guts. My parents caught me at 10 and banned me from it till 16 so Chihiro is one SOB lucky for his parents to get him this. The mother/daughter talk in the spoiler
showed more of Ranko’s hot mother and a nice talk with her.

The part in the spoiler
however continues the trend of relationship reinforcements. It’s obvious from a girl’s point of view that Ranko showing such strong attachments to the horror insanity of Chihiro surely goes back to THIS IS LOVE! For it cannot be anything else for a girl of Ranko’s age to drag along, especially that moron in the costume scared the crap out of her. Despite that we can see a 2nd enforcer in the spoiler
whom has to do with Ranko being given the BD. However it was more the fact he offered that he will protect Chihiro. I find that heartwarming to say the least. Finally if that was not enough the 3rd reenforce comes in. That of in the spoiler
none other than Chihiro holding hands with Ranko, watching a movie but more than anything that imaginary kiss! WOW! Now that show a lot with Ranko blushes.

About present take 2, the start of it was shocking. Chihiro x Ranko in the spoiler
along with more of his friend’s teasing or red faced jealousy.

About the REJECTION! YES! RANKO IS REJECTED in the spoiler
REJECTED TALK TO THE HAND STYLE! Oh the screaming of that part. Oh how delightful. As much I did get enticed in the episode of Ranko x Chihiro support, I cannot thank enough that a kiss has not occurred as of this episode, whom was close to happening. Well it did not! I am content with that.

About the preview, expect MASS fan service of Ranko in the spoiler
mass as in her breasts. Indeed #8 could be the best Ranko fan get of her. Other than that, Rea looks nice here and BABU OMG he looks like he is going to throw up here. Wonder WTF is up there. Lovely Mero is lovely here with her friends being introduced. Looks like
the father arc might start judging from his expression here. Can’t wait to see this lovely moment of Chihiro x Rea. Finally KYAAAAAAA in the spoiler
Rea is clothing shopping with Chihiro! Kyaaaa, fan scream is in for that one.

BTW Image Stitches and Image Dump are done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/05/image-stitches-and-image-dump-from.html
Nice ones of Ranko for the most but also Chihiro when he was a kid.

GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=442933
Obviously loads of Ranko.
Modified by Yumekichi11, 05-17-12, 8:34 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

05-17-12, 10:23 AM
News Team
Showing the relations between zombie main guy and his childhood girl, her mother wants them together. At first she doesn't like him for always liking zombie, but she fell in love with him. She almost kissed him, because zombie girl kissed him first.

No zombie girl this ep., but will resume next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

05-17-12, 12:19 PM

This episode took a detour from the manga to explain Ranko's past with Chihiro which I found was done pretty well. Looks like things get back on track for next episode.

05-17-12, 12:42 PM

Well, Ranko takes the stage this episode. Those cute little moe faces.

Take a trip down memory lane cause this episode is just that. We see some great background history of Ranko and what she was like during her cute little childhood years

Kawaii:

Spoilers' summary:

Well, they got along pretty well till they watched a movie like this:

Continued...

Great lighthearted episode ^_^

And yup...inb4 love triangle, zombie fight, and all that good stuff.
Modified by Stark700, 05-17-12, 8:59 PM

05-17-12, 12:50 PM

I think its more like Chihiro is saving his CD from the dog rather than saving Wanko from the dog lol

05-17-12, 12:57 PM

I must admit this episode was really well done. Oh, and ENGRISH dubbing in the Dawn of the Dead, was hilarious :D
About the preview... Do you know that Ranko's fanservice is in fact in oryginal material, but You won't find those in scanlations? So where is it? Those scenes were added alongside with the release of the second volume. Luckly Studio Deen didn't forget about those changes:)

05-17-12, 12:58 PM

I liked to see a little more back story, this way we get to understand Ranko some more. And I do feel sorry for her because I don't think she will win.

05-17-12, 1:14 PM

CanisTomek said:
I must admit this episode was really well done. Oh, and ENGRISH dubbing in the Dawn of the Dead, was hilarious :D
About the preview... Do you know that Ranko's fanservice is in fact in oryginal material, but You won't find those in scanlations? So where is it? Those scenes were added alongside with the release of the second volume. Luckly Studio Deen didn't forget about those changes:)
I am just wondering if they will do this scene from the manga:
very rich in colors. Like what will be the setup and tone of it. Should be amazing with the fan service part of Ranko from the preview.

05-17-12, 5:07 PM

Parents who promote incest... hehe o_o
Modified by Shih, 05-17-12, 5:10 PM

05-17-12, 5:11 PM

Shih said:

Have you watched MM? If so it shouldn't be surprising.

05-17-12, 5:27 PM

Shih said:
I have calculated that 1/4 blood relation is not significant thus why the parents do not consider close enough to be incest.

I do think that Chihiro still does not give a rat's ass about Ranko. He only likes Rea. It's also pretty ironic that for most girls not losing is being the first kiss of a guy and that Chihiro already had his. So Ranko LOST already as she will never be #1 kiss for Chihiro.

05-17-12, 5:38 PM

Whoa.. awesome story for wanko! I also had a great laugh at the ep8 preview in the end, lol

05-17-12, 5:42 PM

MorningGlory said:
I think its more like Chihiro is saving his CD from the dog rather than saving Wanko from the dog lol

^Well said, sir .
So as you're laughing at this fool tonight , let me rid myself of any line that I might use to trip you up .

05-17-12, 5:55 PM

Filler, and not a good one. I don't like Ranko in the manga and I like her even less here in the anime.

At least we get back to the story next week.

05-17-12, 6:56 PM

Yumekichi11 said:
Shih said:
I have calculated that 1/4 blood relation is not significant thus why the parents do not consider close enough to be incest.

I do think that Chihiro still does not give a rat's ass about Ranko. He only likes Rea. It's also pretty ironic that for most girls not losing is being the first kiss of a guy and that Chihiro already had his. So Ranko LOST already as she will never be #1 kiss for Chihiro.
So as you're laughing at this fool tonight , let me rid myself of any line that I might use to trip you up .

05-17-12, 8:44 PM

Huge fan of this episode. Love Ranko. Poor girl. Seeing her past and how she was in love with Chihiro from the start was crazy. Can't believe it, didn't even think she liked him!

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata

05-17-12, 8:45 PM

I really enjoyed this episode :3 I loved watching little Ranko and chihiro

05-17-12, 9:02 PM

If Chihiro's father is Wanko's father's brother, why do they have different last names?

I'd really like Wanko to win. I can only hope that Rea will eventually decay and forever stay dead. A little cousin on cousin wincest action will only make this series better.

GO WANKO!!!!

05-17-12, 9:03 PM

I honestly prefer Ranko over Rea but of course Ranko is gonna lose cuz the childhood friend always loses to the new girl...but Ranko's mom beats both of them :)

05-17-12, 9:05 PM

I smell a cat fight coming next episode.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices