Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of revisionist history there... Fidel was never that popular...

But more importantly, no Lupin = less fun, and Fujiko's un-suntanned boobs can't make up for that...
May 17, 2012 5:33 AM
Jun 2008
well give quite um i don't know ok then ep.

give started with fujiko get whipped then rescue by a fiadel lookalike due some kind opereation involve fujiko teaming with goemon involve prevent ww3 or something.

with fujiko undercover as a reporter sure hijack other country wondering on fiadel & ticking clock overall goemon to the rescue slash the missile catch fujiko & fiadel.

all thet get fiadel to the UN while fujiko on beach get tan & exposed with wish find place where fujiko belong.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
May 17, 2012 6:00 AM

Jan 2008
Quite a boring ep. I don't have nothing against more serious approach but the story didn't pique my interest and Goemon's presence felt kinda forced. But Fiedel was a one sexy beast.

That's my two cents, waiting for future episodes.
May 17, 2012 6:19 AM

May 2010
So this Episode Starts out with Fujiko getting beat, how dare they damage such a fine woman,

Anyways so we have Fujiko Dress up as a reporter "Aka april from ninja turtles' on the roof with Fidel, look back and see what im talking out haha

So we have Fidel Castro type scenario didnt like this ep some much.

But Fujiko, at the end made up for it, wouldnt be an episode without at lease one Nude Fujiko and her Nice Tanline boobs >.>
May 17, 2012 7:09 AM

Jan 2009
i did not like this episode much since i got poor knowledge about history
May 17, 2012 8:29 AM

Feb 2012
So the Cuban Missile Crisis was averted by a samurai riding a biplane? And Alaska was Communist? I really need to brush up on my history.

Apart from this episode having an absurd concept, the animation budget seems to be in a sorry state of affairs.
May 17, 2012 9:05 AM

Mar 2009
LOL Fatlantic ocean...

Goemon is so cool in this episode :D
May 17, 2012 11:37 AM

Jan 2011
Conflated Fidel and Che a little bit there in terms of rock star status (Che Guevara still is a popular poster decades after his death), but a fascinating episode none-the-less. And I certainly believe that Mine could start or end a third world war without breaking a sweat...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 17, 2012 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
Funny episode xD
May 17, 2012 11:59 AM

Feb 2012
That's how I remember Goemon, doing crazy stuff with his katana.

It was too bad that we learned almost nothing about Fujiko's character in this episode.
May 17, 2012 12:55 PM

Apr 2009
j0x said:
i did not like this episode much since i got poor knowledge about history

I didn't like it even more since I have some knowledge regarding that period of time...

No Lupin, no stealing, no action. 2/5 - the worst episode thus far.

May 17, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was just okay. Outside of its (laughably) revisionist history scenario it had nothing going for it, except maybe Goemon cutting those missiles and a plane towards the ending. That wasn't enough to make this interesting though.
Ara ara.
May 17, 2012 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
What the Cuban Missile Crisis? This episode was interesting if only to see Goemon prevent a nuclear war. I don't remember if it was the most ridiculous thing Goemon has done, but it certainly had the biggest consequence.

Not that an episode loosely based on history was a bad idea, but Fujiko and Goemon were awkwardly written in, even with minor roles. Dai Sato's scripts in this show have been quite disappointing.
MissileSoupMay 17, 2012 3:42 PM
May 17, 2012 5:37 PM

Mar 2012
Goemon coming out of nowhere and cutting those missiles, preventing World War III in the process was funny. Pretty much the only reason he was in this episode. That and the whole revisionist history thing they had going on here.

Other than that, this episode was okay I guess. Didn't do much for me. We at least got to see Fujiko with her tan-boobs.
May 17, 2012 6:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
It was a parody of history, not revisionist history.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 17, 2012 8:40 PM

Dec 2010
So much time wasted on establishing a setting that only led to a subpar airplane scene and will be all forgotten about next week. Worst episode again, it's going downhill after such a promising start.
May 17, 2012 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
^the last episode was great, as was the one before that. true, nothing has topped episode 1, and this episode was probably the weakest, but all the others have been good so i dont know what you're complaining about. Especially considering this show stands out as completely unique and a breath of fresh air in the stagnating anime industry
May 18, 2012 3:13 AM

Oct 2011
BigSimo said:
^the last episode was great, as was the one before that. true, nothing has topped episode 1, and this episode was probably the weakest, but all the others have been good so i dont know what you're complaining about. Especially considering this show stands out as completely unique and a breath of fresh air in the stagnating anime industry
i agree with the above completely! decent episode, but not as good as the others...overall this show is a diamond in a field of coal...
May 18, 2012 6:16 AM

Feb 2010
octal9 said:
BigSimo said:
i agree with the above completely! decent episode, but not as good as the others...overall this show is a diamond in a field of coal...

YUP.

I still enjoyed this episode... I like when history is parodied.

And yeah, Fidel was sexy as a MF this episode.
May 18, 2012 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
A good episode overall. I agree that it is probably the weakest of them all but still enjoyable.
May 18, 2012 12:50 PM

Apr 2009
Blackiris said:
no stealing, no action.

I think there was action. It's most tactical battle whit air jets and nukes but it has tension.

And about the stealing. Fujiko just stole Fidel, if she didn't then the WW III begin.

"There's no such thing as a coma. He is surly previewing the afterlife." by
May 18, 2012 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, that's cool, I was just learning about the Cuban Missile Crisis last week in Socials class.

It bugged me how the airplane stuff was so not legit. How can a sword cut through two missiles AND the shell of a plane? And how could that samurai guy maintain his balance? Not to mention there's probably little to no oxygen up at that level... Okay, I'm going to stop nitpicking; it's anime.
May 18, 2012 11:26 PM
Apr 2011
I find the history part of the episode uninteresting even though it is based on an actual historical event. I have no prior knowledge to it nor do I have interest learning about it. Also...

MissileSoup said:
Not that an episode loosely based on history was a bad idea, but Fujiko and Goemon were awkwardly written in, even with minor roles. Dai Sato's scripts in this show have been quite disappointing.
May 19, 2012 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
itsvero said:
How can a sword cut through two missiles AND the shell of a plane? And how could that samurai guy maintain his balance? Not to mention there's probably little to no oxygen up at that level... Okay, I'm going to stop nitpicking; it's anime.

Uh, You really need to watch some of the Lupin movies. This is Goemon, it's what he does. In fact he is being rather tame with his sword in this show. He hasn't cut any buildings in half yet or giant holes in the ground.

Back to the episode though, It was pretty weak; Fujiko gets into a plane then Goemon slices two missiles in half; episode over. Lame.

In fact this show overall is pretty weak. Not enough Lupin in his own show and if your going to focus on Fujiko, she needs to do more than just stand around and be sexy, which itself is a little hard to do with the retro animation style.
May 19, 2012 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
endlessabyss said:
I find the history part of the episode uninteresting even though it is based on an actual historical event. I have no prior knowledge to it nor do I have interest learning about it. Also...

It wouldn't hurt you to learn a little bit about it - it was as close as the world ever got to total nuclear war...
May 20, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2009

BS!
BS!
BS!

I have been very lenient with the impossible stunt of this show, but this Samurai cutting missiles on the back of a plane is just too much BS for me!

BS!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2012 1:56 PM

Jun 2010
May 20, 2012 3:27 PM

Mar 2009
<3 this show.
May 22, 2012 2:04 AM

Feb 2012
I found it pretty interesting, and Fujiko's boobs definitely made up for the lack of Lupinity, lmao.
May 23, 2012 9:23 AM
Jan 2009
dbaranyi said:

Oh, yes he was!
May 25, 2012 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
This is the most boring episode. But, I like Gaemon. He's cute. :)
My anime collection - Anime Re-Encode
May 28, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
dbaranyi said:

But more importantly, no Lupin = less fun, and Fujiko's un-suntanned boobs can't make up for that...

That's because it isn't Castro. ;) Names have been changed to protect the guilty or are weak in western history.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 12, 2012 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
This was horrible. I found myself cringing when Goemon neutralized those missiles with his sword. How is that even possible?

And why does there have to be a scene in every episode with Mine's breasts showing? There are other better ways to make her look seductive without overly sexualizing her.
Oct 14, 2012 1:48 AM

Jan 2010
omg, Cuban Missile Crisis O____o""
again in the episode didn't show Lupin =(
again boobs Mine Fujiko ><""
boring episode ((
Dec 2, 2012 1:10 PM

Apr 2012
"A samurai cut a missile?!"

Yeah dude, I don't get it either.
Nov 1, 2013 6:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Guys, that wasn't Fidel. That was Che Guevara with just a bit of Fidel sprinkled on him. In any case, a bit of a weird revision of history chapter. The moment when Gaemon shows up on top of the plane slicing missiles up was a bit of face palm moment I must admit.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
I liked this way better than the last episode. The changed names made me laugh, too.

I don't get why people complain about the missile slicing. It's not Lupin III if it isn't in some way absurd.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Feb 1, 2015 4:17 PM
Mar 2011
Pseudo-historical characters are a part of Lupin series (This time we had Che). I think that's the reason why it was included here (and in my opinion these episodes tend to not be the best, as it is the case here). But when we have an episode without Lupin, it doesn't feel right. Also the drawing style was bad this episode.
May 9, 2015 2:20 AM

Jan 2012
I wasn't really feeling this one honestly, it was kinda boring. Which is ironic given my interest in history. Goemon's always been my least favorite of the Lupin regulars so just him and Fujiko struggled to keep my interest. All the jumping around in time didn't really help either.
Nov 10, 2016 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
Geopolitics, TOP KEK. South America is fucking massive, makes me wonder if the country from Michiko and Hatchin is in there too lolol

Carib= Cuba with the name of the original tribe of the island.

Fidel Castro's position with Che Guevara's appearance and backstory.

Oblong office of Yamerica (Y from Yank presumably?)

Communist with crescent moon (ironic as USA was similarly placing missiles in Turkey)

Epic Goemon on the biplane

Krushchin (Krushchev +Stalin) probably sent his subordinate to the gulag after that.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 31, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
Strange episode again, quite ridiculous.
It's just Fujiko seems to be everywhere and the timeline is confusing. I'd like it more if it wasn't so episodic.
RediceRyanDec 31, 2016 4:42 PM
Oct 25, 2017 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
WTF! Who whipping Fujiko? I want to whip Fujiko.
Who is that guy?
Princesa?
lol Fiadel Kestro.
Goemon is back.
Damn. She got hit in the face.
Goemon on top of the plane....slicing missiles. LOL
Goemon prevented WW3. Holy shit!
Fujiko oppai. Dem nipples.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 6, 2018 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Nice episode!

No Lupin, No Jigen. I'm guessing both will appear in the next episode.

Lol Goemon cutting those missiles on high altitudes while carrying both Fujiko and Kaestro.

He even prevented World War III!!!!

Fujiko's boobs are so nice!
Feb 3, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2011
I'm starting to hate that they changed the dynamic between Goemon and Fujiko so much. There's really no need for most of the main cast to be in love with her.
Mar 30, 2019 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
So this is based on the real Fidel Castro during Cold War

"A samurai cut a missile", a sentence I never thought I'd hear xD

While Jigen is close to the original
Goemon stay in love with Fujiko
Without knowing what kind of monster Fujiko is :P
"Signature removed"
Sep 6, 2019 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
The structure of this one kind of annoyed me at first, going back and forth between the past and the hijacking incident, but it was really cool. Fujiko and Goemon met again, and they worked together to prevent a worldwide conflict.
Jan 8, 2020 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Goemon on that plane, tho. Most accurate portrayal of historical events.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2022 9:24 PM

Apr 2016
This has been the silliest episode so far and I assume Mine sensed the episode was ending so she must have thought "the girls need some air" -3-
Sep 24, 2022 4:23 PM
Dec 2013
Tiago97 said:
I'm starting to hate that they changed the dynamic between Goemon and Fujiko so much. There's really no need for most of the main cast to be in love with her.

They didn't change anything. This episode is set before episode 5 of Lupin Part I, where Fujiko is Goemon's girlfriend. He only got fed up with her bs after seeing her backstab guy after guy for her own goals.
(I know applying continuity to Lupin III is kinda futile, but this is coherent with Green Jacket stories so far.)
Jul 2, 2023 2:25 PM
Mar 2021
Pior episódio de uma série do lupin III

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

octal9 - Apr 19, 2012

57 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 8, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Apr 11, 2012

65 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

samuraitastic - Apr 4, 2012

141 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 5, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

m0xxxy - Jun 28, 2012

83 by removed-user »»
Jan 23, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

busterbeam - May 9, 2012

57 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.