Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
May 18, 2012 6:28 PM

Arma, the map editor in those games are fun as hell to mess with

May 18, 2012 10:09 PM

The Condemned series is soooooo underrated. They are such great games. Horrifying if you play them at night, even more than games like Silent Hill. There's nothing creepier than the criminally insane.

May 28, 2012 9:45 AM

UndeadFrogzard said:
The Condemned series is soooooo underrated. They are such great games. Horrifying if you play them at night, even more than games like Silent Hill. There's nothing creepier than the criminally insane.

The first one is one of my most favourite horror games to date, the second one not so much. I loved the fact that you could complete the whole game without using a gun.

May 28, 2012 3:00 PM

Lost Planet

May 29, 2012 1:08 PM

Rival Schools

PowerStone

May 29, 2012 6:26 PM

.hack

Mega Man Battle Network (GBA)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 29, 2012 7:23 PM

The Shadow Hearts series

May 29, 2012 7:50 PM

world heros [ and Most SNK Fighters if you compere to capcom]
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

May 29, 2012 7:55 PM

Disgaea, best strategy game series I've ever played.

Has wayyyy more stuff than any final fantasy tactics and it's story and comedy can't be beat.

May 30, 2012 1:22 AM

zeroevade said:
Disgaea, best strategy game series I've ever played.

Has wayyyy more stuff than any final fantasy tactics and it's story and comedy can't be beat.

If it wasn't for the endless grind then I would've liked this game.

May 30, 2012 9:09 AM

Disgaea and Atelier Iris

May 30, 2012 9:28 AM

Dragon Age 2 - loved environments and customization and branchning choice with voice (hated first game)

Call Of Duty - all games after cod4 (I hate it because it has bad graphics)

Fable 3 - you could fart and dance lol really funny

Word of Warcraft - Lol so many human plays it. can't be bad no?

Legend of zelda spirit tracks - Best first game in the series I played and it has train.

Oblivion - best rpg ever everything is perfect with character personality and combat

Modified by GuZ, Jun 15, 2012 12:43 PM

May 30, 2012 9:29 AM

GuZ said:
Dragon Age 2 - loved environments and customization and branching story (hated first game)

Legend of zelda spirit tracks - Best first game in the series I played and it has train.

Oblivion - best rpg ever everything is perfect with character personality and combat

Eh, those games aren't underrated.

May 30, 2012 7:37 PM

Chrono

May 31, 2012 12:53 AM

WhichOneIsKirk said:

I heared people say they r bad. lol makes me mad very mad

May 31, 2012 5:37 AM

WhichOneIsKirk said:
GuZ said:
Dragon Age 2 - loved environments and customization and branching story (hated first game)

On the internet they are but no in real life.

May 31, 2012 8:20 AM

sleeplesstown said:
F-Zero?

Wut? Sure, F-Zero games aren't as commercially successful as Mario, Zelda, GTA, FIFA, etc. games, but how does that make them underrated? Most people that have played F-Zero games liked them and rate them pretty well. Looks like you're confusing underrated with underplayed.

May 31, 2012 10:53 PM

deathbatchickk said:
Lost Planet

I agree. LP2 is one of my favorite games. I'm so excited for LP3.

Jun 1, 2012 1:12 AM

GuZ said:
WhichOneIsKirk said:

I heared people say they r bad. lol makes me mad very mad

Bad=/=Underrated.
Also the majority of people rate those games high and they are extremely popular. By no means are any of those underrated. (Except maybe Dragon Age 2, which deserved all the hate it got in my opinion.)
Modified by FatherAnderson, Jun 1, 2012 1:18 AM

Jun 1, 2012 5:29 AM

FatherAnderson said:
Bad=/=Underrated.
Also the majority of people rate those games high and they are extremely popular. By no means are any of those underrated. (Except maybe Dragon Age 2, which deserved all the hate it got in my opinion.)

Indeed.
'twas nothing but a lame trolling attempt after all.

Jun 1, 2012 5:36 AM

The Sly Cooper series, for PS2, and the Custom Robo series.
Time waits for no one...

DrunkenBlowfish said:
Ho-oh, I'd imagine its like a Skittles flavored turkey.

Jun 8, 2012 1:08 PM

Katamari Damacy!

Jun 8, 2012 1:26 PM

All Nippon Ichi RPGs, the Shining Force games, Growlanser serie, all Sakura Taisen games...

Jun 10, 2012 9:57 PM

Flavio_Branford said:
All Nippon Ichi RPGs, the Shining Force games, Growlanser serie, all Sakura Taisen games...

I like your taste of genre, too many s/trpgs are underrated. I didn't think Sakura Teisen had more then one translated game?

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara are my favorite side scrolling beat em' ups, I don't they got alot of attention.

I second Rival Schools, Bloody Roar was pretty solid too. Sequels please.

Jun 10, 2012 10:46 PM

Hmm... Timesplitters.

Jun 11, 2012 2:13 AM

The Legacy of Kain, best voice acting in a game evurr.

Jun 11, 2012 3:31 AM

Goblinorrath said:
Flavio_Branford said:

I like your taste of genre, too many s/trpgs are underrated. I didn't think Sakura Teisen had more then one translated game?

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara are my favorite side scrolling beat em' ups, I don't they got alot of attention.

I second Rival Schools, Bloody Roar was pretty solid too. Sequels please.

Some obscure series are underrated because they were not released in Europe/USA, the Sega Saturn and PC Engine have a lot of good games but all underrated ...I love both PC Engine and Saturn because both have a lot of obscure JRPGs and Shmups.

Jun 11, 2012 4:03 AM

Dragon slayer
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

Jun 11, 2012 5:03 AM

I'd say Atelier/Mana Khemia.

Jun 11, 2012 5:58 AM

F-Zero is single best futuristic racing game uncontested Emperor of awesomeness and has best feeling of speed ever and shits all over it's competition. I have to keep going. Wipeout is infinitesimal small speck of dust compared to F-zero it's like comparing the Sun to Canis Majoris here's the quote to better represent what I think of F-zer0:
"To illustrate, if Wipeout were replaced by F-Zero, its radius might extend beyond the orbit of Saturn (about 9 AU). Assuming the upper size limit of 2100 wipeouti radii, light would take more than 8.5 hours to travel around F-zero's circumference, compared to 14.5 seconds for the Wipeout. It would take more than 1.2×1016 Earths to fill the volume of F-zero, of which the average volume F-zero) is 1.414×1037 cubic meters."

That's how fucking good it is and NO ONE cares about it.

Edit:Someone cares on the first page but MY POINT STILL STANDS
Modified by JonyJC, Jun 11, 2012 10:47 AM

Jun 11, 2012 11:10 AM

Question.

If the series has been popular enough to warrant a "franchise," doesn't seem like it could really be all THAT underrated right? It has to at least be popular in some parts of the world. Or at least was popular enough at some point.

Anyway, as far as the US goes, I would say the DJ MAX series, just doesn't seem to have caught on here. :(

Jun 13, 2012 1:58 AM

Disgaea is highly underrated

Jun 13, 2012 7:05 AM

Jigero said:
Armored Core gets trounced by reviewers because they are usually too stupid to figure it out or no where near fans of it and just review like it's every other third person shooter out there.

I second this. AC is my favourite game series, although I don't like the PS3/360 ones very much, the earlier ones are great. AC was always practically unheard of and got bad reviews.

Jun 13, 2012 7:22 AM

WhichOneIsKirk said:
GuZ said:

Agreed, and I find Fable III to be overrated. Compared to Fable and Fable II it was complete rubbish.

And CoD is EXTREMELY overrated! That franchise is horrible.

As for Oblivion... it's actually pretty famous. But it does live up to its fame.

Jun 13, 2012 7:54 AM

Fallout

Jun 13, 2012 12:56 PM

Palmieri-sama said:
Fallout

I agree. Fallout: New Vegas is especially underrated. I hear a lot 3 a lot though.

I think that FarCry is underrated. It's actually a pretty good, realistic game.

Jun 13, 2012 1:12 PM

HowlMirror134 said:
Agreed, and I find Fable III to be overrated. Compared to Fable and Fable II it was complete rubbish.
I didn't like any of the Fable games actually, but I agree, the last one went beyond terrible.

HowlMirror134 said:
Overrated yes, horrible no. The way they release one game every year without barely even taking to time to rehash the map design or graphics is absolutely despicable though.

HowlMirror134 said:
As for Oblivion... it's actually pretty famous. But it does live up to its fame
I personally thought that was horribly overrated as well and it just fell completely flat in comparison to its predecessors and took far too many superficial step backwards for convenience' sake.
Modified by GuZ, Jun 13, 2012 1:18 PM

Jun 13, 2012 1:13 PM

HowlMirror134 said:
Palmieri-sama said:
Fallout

I agree. Fallout: New Vegas is especially underrated. I hear a lot 3 a lot though.

most long time fallout fans fucking despise fallout 3, some hate new vegas but i felt that game captured the feeling off fallout 3 missed entirely, but still fallout 1 and 2 is where its at
JizzyHitler said:
Only pretentious fucks quote themselves
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 13, 2012 2:51 PM

HowlMirror134 said:
Overrated yes, horrible no. The way they release one game every year without barely even taking to time to rehash the map design or graphics is absolutely despicable though.

I agree that it is despicable to release a new game every year, especially since the quality is low. But, I find them to be horribly unrealistic war games. Which is why I used the phrase 'that franchise is horrible'.

Jun 15, 2012 1:28 AM

Palmieri-sama said:
Fallout

Agree!

HowlMirror134 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
most long time fallout fans fucking despise fallout 3, some hate new vegas but i felt that game captured the feeling off fallout 3 missed entirely, but still fallout 1 and 2 is where its at

I enjoyed the first two, but handing the franchise over to Bethesda wasn't entirely bad, though. New Vegas was good IMO.

Jun 15, 2012 2:58 AM

Abbyrose said:
The Shadow Hearts series

This...
JonyJC said:
F-Zero is single best futuristic racing game uncontested Emperor of awesomeness and has best feeling of speed ever and shits all over it's competition. I have to keep going. Wipeout is infinitesimal small speck of dust compared to F-zero it's like comparing the Sun to Canis Majoris here's the quote to better represent what I think of F-zer0:
"To illustrate, if Wipeout were replaced by F-Zero, its radius might extend beyond the orbit of Saturn (about 9 AU). Assuming the upper size limit of 2100 wipeouti radii, light would take more than 8.5 hours to travel around F-zero's circumference, compared to 14.5 seconds for the Wipeout. It would take more than 1.2×1016 Earths to fill the volume of F-zero, of which the average volume F-zero) is 1.414×1037 cubic meters."

That's how fucking good it is and NO ONE cares about it.

Edit:Someone cares on the first page but MY POINT STILL STANDS

This too.
SergioSource said:
The Legacy of Kain, best voice acting in a game evurr.

This wins over everything else in my opinion.
Adolebit said:
Hmm... Timesplitters.

This was pretty crap, but yes, quite underrated for how many games it has out.

From me, I felt that Valkyrie Profile was quite underrated. I don't know why, but that's how it felt, even with Liam O'Brien in Silmeria.
Modified by Immahnoob, Jun 15, 2012 3:05 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Jun 15, 2012 11:56 AM

Metal Arms

bloody awesome game.

Jun 15, 2012 12:32 PM

Createthebox said:
Valkyria Chronicles? At least over here in the west.

Pretty good games (at least the second one, I haven't played the first one) although I never did actually beat it for some reason.

UndeadFrogzard said:

These are two that others have mentioned that deserve it.

Jun 19, 2012 8:53 AM

Not the most underrated, but definitely not as popular as it could've been.

Chrono Cross - PSX

Jun 19, 2012 8:56 AM

Baten Kaitos could use a bit more love

~I know you are out there somewhere~

Jun 19, 2012 11:13 PM

Lunar series. Just 1&2. Especially the PSX remakes. Those were masterpieces.
ASUS P8Z77-V//Intel Core i7 2700K OC'd @ 4.8Ghz//2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 in RAID0//500GB Western Digital//1.5TB Samsung Green//500GB Seagate External//2TB Seagate Exernal//16GB Kingston HyperX DD3 2133//MSI Geforce GTX 570//Cooler Master HAF 932 (Blue)//XFX Pro 750w Modular// Corsair H100 4 Fans Push+Pull//24" ASUS VG248 1080p 144hz//47" Philips LCD HDTV 1080p

Pages (2) « 1 [2]