Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2012 10:29 PM

Jan 2012
This topic on fixing your covers part of our Customizing your list section and Tools and Tips section.

All Cover Generators
Blink! * Genku * MalCat * Fellow Writer * MAL-Image * MAL Tool

Download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ony3dc15uf4t5rq/Genku_v1_95.zip?dl=0

Look for tutorial here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=609801

Requirments:

P. S. if you liked the program, please give feedback to do it better!
Shishio-kunJun 29, 2017 6:32 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 16, 2012 2:29 AM

Apr 2009
Eh, good job. I guess it's more user-friendly than mine with your GUI plus it doesn't need that java shit.

But I think it needs a big improvement: the ability to regenerate your list faster the second time by reloading a css. It's what mine does, if you already generated a CSS it'll remove deleted entries and add new ones but won't lose it's time looking for the links of the already generated entries.
Makes it fast to update your css file.

Also MAL doesn't allow to display the &status=7 page for lists with more than 1500 entries so you should retrieve entries from &status=1, &status=2, &status=3, &status=4 and &status=6.

And I'm not sure it's a good idea to put the entry's name in the CSS as it only makes it bigger. I don't think it's a file you should read after it has been generated so I actually think it's useless.

I hope it helps
u531355May 16, 2012 10:52 AM
May 16, 2012 1:02 PM

Feb 2010
Wow thats cool, thanks for posting.

If you update this and take out entry name generation please leave a link to this original one. That way people have the option of extracting single titles from their list easily so they can make over certain individual anime/manga. For example, I might want to extract a few animes I recommend like Berserk, and enhance their pics with a glow. Then I can tell people "the glowing titles are recommended anime". I can do that on my own but this would make it easier.
May 17, 2012 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
Thank's for comments!

New version of the program is now available! The link in the 1st post!

List of changes:

New tutorial

Your next step is:

1. To generate the CSS press "GO!" for the second time.
2. To extract single anime/manga titles select the titles you need in the Titles View on the left. Hold CTRL or Shift key to multi-select.
3. To regenerate your CSS click "Re-generate", choose your previously generated CSS, press "GO!". Then press "Extract" (works with CSS is generated by Covers Uploader).

u531355 said:

And I'm not sure it's a good idea to put the entry's name in the CSS as it only makes it bigger. I don't think it's a file you should read after it has been generated so I actually think it's useless.

That's necessary for the new features.
May 17, 2012 12:44 PM

Feb 2010
OK new version is pretty useful for extracting those individual titles once you figure it out. Good job!

The only things I can think of to change for complete noobs would be to add "highlight a title and hit go to create a CSS" after where it says your total entries so they know what to do. Maybe messages can pop up on hover of a button? But these are not that necessary, since it can be figured out easily by playing around.
May 18, 2012 5:02 AM

Jan 2012
Shishio-kun said:
The only things I can think of to change for complete noobs would be to add "highlight a title and hit go to create a CSS" .

Fixed! Use the same link in the 1st post
May 18, 2012 6:53 AM
Jan 2012
I tried using both ways but nothing worked. I used Firebug after using the CSS extracted from the new one to find that nothing was there.
May 18, 2012 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
Search is added! Non case-sensitive. Spaces are allowed.

2Hinaya
The CSS file after extracting was empty?
HahaidoMay 18, 2012 11:10 PM
May 18, 2012 10:38 PM
Jan 2012
It was yesterday. Now that I check it, the codes are there but they're not working I guess.
May 18, 2012 11:07 PM

Jan 2012
The trouble isn't in extracted CSS.

Example to unlock .hide for showing anime covers

But it is not a 100% working example! You should to experiment with your layout for right elements aligning etc.
HahaidoMay 18, 2012 11:13 PM
May 19, 2012 1:05 AM
Jan 2012
Thanks, the fiddling with numbers worked!!!!
I also wanna know how you have that scroll effect!! I wanted to have that effect in the first place!
May 19, 2012 4:43 AM

Jan 2012
u531355 said:
MAL doesn't allow to display the &status=7 page for lists with more than 1500 entries

Fixed!

2Hinaya
Following code must be in your CSS (the lines you can see in each block don't mean you should delete all the other lines in a block, that means the lines must be in a block)

To scrolling animation:

HahaidoMay 19, 2012 4:51 AM
May 19, 2012 10:11 PM
Jan 2012
I spinnned and twisted my head but I can't still do it ~_~ Wish if you could have another thread on this topic ^_^" The last codes I could get that were responsible for the scroll effect are these other than the previous one you gave before

May 20, 2012 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
Well, someday's i will definitely create a thread!

I saw your CSS... It's not quite correct

A property you want to be animated is must be on the top. An animation must be below. For example:
HahaidoMay 22, 2012 10:25 PM
May 21, 2012 3:51 AM

Jan 2012
New version 1.2 is available at the link in the 1st post!

Release information:

*generated CSS for AnimeTitle, what's that?

Typical example with code based on the class .hide (id=more)

Example for the .animetitle class

Using AnimeTitle CSS is saving the classical view of your list. Tutorial
HahaidoMay 21, 2012 5:25 AM
May 23, 2012 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
Is there any way you or I can make this generate faster? My com isn't slow at all but its takes a little while to generate. I'd let it use more of my computer's resources to make it load a list sooner. Its not a big deal if there's no way to speed it up.

Also I minimized it just now with the yellow button, and it went to the right side of my taskbar. This isn't really a problem but can you have it minimize to the same place where programs usually minimize? Here in this example, to where the red circle is not the blue one.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2uiivci.jpg
May 24, 2012 12:58 AM

Jan 2012
Shishio-kun said:
Is there any way you or I can make this generate faster?

It's hardly possible. First the program downloads your anime/manga list. Next searchs for anime/manga links. Then opens found links to get covers links. It works like your Internet browser program, but doesn't displaying downloaded pages. If the way to improve the processing speed is exist, it's a faster Internet connection.

Also I minimized it just now with the yellow button, and it went to the right side of my taskbar.

I've done that specially. Because of long generating process. You minimize the program and icon at a taskbar starts to animate showing that the process of generating is now working. Then the animation is stopped, which mean's the work has done. Does it isn't useful?
HahaidoMay 24, 2012 1:54 AM
May 24, 2012 2:14 AM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:

I've done that specially. Because of long generating process. You minimize the program and icon at a taskbar starts to animate showing that the process of generating is now working. Then the animation is stopped, which mean's the work has done. Does it isn't useful?

When its minimized it didn't go into the visible part of the taskbar, it went in the hidden part. I assumed I closed it or it crashed and tried to reopen it but it wouldn't so I figured it would be in that hidden part of the taskbar. While its common sense to me a noobish person might have trouble with this, and assume somethings gone wrong and not think to search their hidden part of the taskbar. Then they'll become frustrated when the program won't reopen again.

Its a small thing but I can def see a noob having trouble cuz of that. Its more useful when you know where it went, but don't worry about it. I'm trying to incorporate your generator into a premade layout, and I'll leave a note in it that the program goes to that part of the taskbar.

Also how do I make it generate this kind of CSS from your program:

#list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle[href*="/Fate/Zero"] {background-image: url("http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/5/3137.jpg");}

I only get this kind out of it:

/*Gintama*/
#more918{background-image: url(http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/2/10038.jpg);}
May 24, 2012 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
/*Gintama*/
#more918{background-image: url(http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/2/10038.jpg);}

After clicking around on your program it started to load a CSS this way, but I don't know how it even came about. Can you just put a button in that generates the CSS that way from the start?

Also as the programs loads and minimizes and un-minimizes, the text in the thought bubble starts to bleed through and mirror itself making it useless.
May 24, 2012 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
You should use [href$="/Fate/Zero"] instead of [href*="/Fate/Zero"] otherwise it applies to both 1st and 2nd season.

And why #list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover ?
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover would be better imo.
May 24, 2012 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
Shishio-kun said:

When its minimized it didn't go into the visible part of the taskbar, it went in the hidden part.

I can make the option allows you to choose whether the program is minimized to the taskbar or not.

#list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle[href*="/Fate/Zero"] {background-image: url("http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/5/3137.jpg");}

Also as the programs loads and minimizes and un-minimizes, the text in the thought bubble starts to bleed through and mirror itself making it useless.

Can you illustrate that by a screenshot?
HahaidoMay 24, 2012 6:03 AM
May 24, 2012 3:12 AM

Apr 2009
Hahaido said:

u531355 said:
You should use [href$="/Fate/Zero"] instead of [href*="/Fate/Zero"] otherwise it applies to both 1st and 2nd season.

The second season will be marked as "/Fate/Zero 2nd Season". Two different titles.

It depends in which order it's generated.
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle[href*="/Fate/Zero"] {background: green;}
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle[href*="/Fate/Zero_2nd_Season"] {background: red;}

This would be okay, the second line would override background for 2nd season only.

#list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle[href*="/Fate/Zero_2nd_Season"] {background: red;}
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(1n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle[href*="/Fate/Zero"] {background: green;}

This would not be okay, the background would be green for both seasons. Second line overrides the first one ...
May 24, 2012 3:45 AM

Jan 2012
Shishio-kun said:
When its minimized it didn't go into the visible part of the taskbar, it went in the hidden part.

u531355 said:
You should use [href$="/Fate/Zero"] instead of [href*="/Fate/Zero"] otherwise it applies to both 1st and 2nd season

Fixed!
May 24, 2012 2:02 PM

Feb 2010

Ah ok, I get how this works: the first click of "go" makes the it load titles regardless of what option is selected. The second click of go generates #more CSS or #animetitle (somewhat like a #more) CSS depending on what is highlighted. This is really counter-intuitive, since whats highlighted isn't whats loaded at first, and yeah it says two clicks but its also confusing when it says "animetitle" and all the anime titles come up in the first Go and this is different from the anime titles CSS option.

In this the #1 goal is to make things easy to understand and use, so a vast improvement in accessibility for your generator would be this:

Don't have the options for More and Anime title clickable until after you put in a name and extract Titles view. Also titles view could be on top not bottom. Its a little confusing how it comes up first but its the second option.

Also changing the buttons to more CSS and animetitle CSS would be a vast improvement too. This way you know that animetitle is referring to the CSS not the titles view which is what I thought it was.

Also she says "second hit will extract CSS" at first I was wondering if they meant double-click or not. And she says it after you've brought up the titles view so it doesn't make sense then and becomes somewhat confusing. So you might want to have the bubble say something different too or no bubble at all.

It could have instructions that say:

1. Enter the MAL name in "name" then hit "Go!"
2. When it loads your "titles view" you can click "More" or "Anime Title" for two different CSS.
3. Click Go again to make one of these CSS.
4. After its done click export for the CSS document.

Less important
Also name could be Username instead, and does it even need to load the titles first? Why not load the CSS first or with the titles? This is a great option but most people are going to assume this is a #more generator and won't need those titles except in a few cases.

If you can't make any changes don't worry about it I'm just going to rewrite your first post so its clearer then.
Shishio-kunMay 24, 2012 2:05 PM
May 25, 2012 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
New version 1.3! Download from the 1st post!

Features:

* improved for the processing speed. It get generated links from the database which contains over 7000 titles for anime lists and over 19000 titles for manga lists (thanks to u531355 for the idea!)

* some interface improvements
May 25, 2012 6:48 AM

Apr 2009
Nice :p Next idea is to maintain a database of the whole website? ahah

Edit: oh, looks like it already is ^^
Jun 24, 2012 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
New version 1.4! Download from the 1st post!

Features:

* comments added (Tutorial)

* some bug fixes
Jun 30, 2012 3:17 AM

Jan 2012
New version 1.5! Download from the 1st post!

Features:

* CSS automatical update (you no longer need to manually update your CSS, this can be done automatically by clicking the button. The code wil be placed at the bottom of your CSS)
Tutorial

HahaidoJun 30, 2012 3:31 AM
Jul 4, 2012 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
New version 1.6! Download from the 1st post!

Features:

* CSS Editor added (for 'animetitle' generated CSS. Allows you to align cover images and anime/manga titles at the list)

* some bug fixes
HahaidoJul 4, 2012 10:19 AM
Jul 5, 2012 3:52 AM

Jan 2012
Updated!

Bug Fixes:

*When program is freezes after the extraction anime/manga titles process is complete

Update your Internet Explorer to the newest version for the CSS Editor correct work
Jul 6, 2012 3:33 AM

Jan 2012
Updated!

Added:

'box-shadow' and 'border-radius' generators

HahaidoJul 7, 2012 11:20 AM
Jul 7, 2012 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
Updated!

Added:

*'transform' generator

*edit css for anime/manga titles

Fixes:

*dissappearing buttons
Jul 12, 2012 10:21 PM

Jan 2012
New version 1.7! Download from the 1st post!

Features:

* some interface changes

HahaidoJul 12, 2012 10:29 PM
Jul 27, 2012 8:18 AM
Apr 2012
Well cant open it, downloaded but whatever I try to open nothing happens...
Jul 27, 2012 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
OK. Download and save the file on your Desktop. Right-click on the file and click Extract files, click OK on the next screen. Launch Style.exe after that
Jul 27, 2012 9:00 AM
Apr 2012
KK its working now, dunno why but when I first run it although it didnt appear it was on the list in task manager :)
Jul 27, 2012 9:06 AM

Jan 2012
Perhaps you clicked the app icon too many times etc
Jul 27, 2012 11:58 AM
Apr 2012
Is it just me or the program can't load more than 6 titles, when I try to load more it only says 2 of xxx :/ or I do something wrong??

Jul 27, 2012 12:36 PM
Feb 2008
I get a an error message when I want to unzip the file?
Jul 27, 2012 2:48 PM

Feb 2010
Lirina said:

Did you download it in full? Also you probably need WinRar to unzip it, just google it cuz its free and fast.
Jul 27, 2012 3:14 PM
Feb 2008
Shishio-kun said:
Lirina said:

Did you download it in full? Also you probably need WinRar to unzip it, just google it cuz its free and fast.

I'm sorry the unziping probably wasn't the problem as I thought first since I have the files, but I can't open any of them.
LirinaJul 27, 2012 3:29 PM
Jul 27, 2012 5:02 PM

Feb 2010
Lirina said:
Shishio-kun said:
Lirina said:

I'm sorry the unziping probably wasn't the problem as I thought first since I have the files, but I can't open any of them.

Ok I just downloaded it myself and I can't get it to run either.

Nothing appears to happen with I run it, choose open, or click it. It seems to be open based on the computer's responses to when I try to delete the folder after but I'm not seeing the program anywhere. Before when I clicked on the Death Note icon I got the program with the background pic of a girl running to school with bread in her mouth. The last time I used this was the early version and on the same Windows 7 OS.
Jul 28, 2012 12:11 AM

Jan 2012
Now troubles are solved! Download and enjoy! But remember if your progress is freezes while you extracting CSS it means that your anime/manga titles doesn't present in the database and downloaded from the Internet that may take some time
Jul 28, 2012 4:56 AM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:
Now troubles are solved! Download and enjoy! But remember if your progress is freezes while you extracting CSS it means that your anime/manga titles doesn't present in the database and downloaded from the Internet that may take some time

It is solved, it opens normally now.
Jul 28, 2012 3:38 PM
Feb 2008
It's still the same, when I click on "style" nothing happens. That's what I'm supposed to do isn't it?
Jul 28, 2012 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
First, reload the program from the 1st post link. Unpack. If your system setting on duble-click then clik twice on the program icon. I have few computers with several OS and this app runs everyplace
HahaidoJul 28, 2012 10:01 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Thanks a lot for the generator... works like a charm :)
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Oct 11, 2012 12:56 PM

Apr 2011
Is the AnimeBase.dat not updated? Because some covers won't show: For example Another, Kimi to Boku 2 etc.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

One of life's greatest blessings, is the freedom to pursue one's goals.

We are all walking through a wonderfull dream, a dream called youth.

The very key is needed to unlock the courage which resides in everyone.
Oct 11, 2012 10:52 PM

Jan 2012
Sudenri said:
Is the AnimeBase.dat not updated?

It's updated but I forgot to update exe file. Fixed. Reload the app.
Oct 12, 2012 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
With reload, do you mean: Just turn it on again? Becaus I did, and some covers still won't show.

I even tried redownloading.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

One of life's greatest blessings, is the freedom to pursue one's goals.

We are all walking through a wonderfull dream, a dream called youth.

The very key is needed to unlock the courage which resides in everyone.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.