Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2012 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
Recently, Netflix has been taking a lot of anime off of the instant que. First Samurai Champloo, then Claymore, and now Death Note? These are all anime that I was planning on watching/finishing.
May 13, 2012 11:05 AM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
They also took Clannad off :(

And I'm pretty sure Bleach as well.

Netflix has been frustrating for a while, they add such shitty stuff like Rosario Vampire and...Iron Man
May 13, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2010
You can do what I do if you can't find legal streams anywhere watch fansubs or a place where they upload dubs.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 13, 2012 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
I imagine the licenses that Netflix had on them expired. All three of those shows are available on Hulu subbed. Claymore has both the subbed and dubbed versions.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
May 13, 2012 11:12 AM

Oct 2011
There's still Hulu and Youtube.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2009
Don't immediately blame Netflix. They aren't doing it randomly. It most likely has something to do with the agreement they have with the company that holds the licensing agreement. Same thing happens with movie studios. Netflix pays for the rights to rent and/or stream entertainment. They are given permission to stream said property for a specific period of time and then they have to return to DVD distribution. Some agreements even prohibit streaming. They sometimes have to pull anime DVD's when the companies distribution license with the Japanese producer expires.

Hulu has a pretty good anime catalog. Try there but don't write Netflix off.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
May 13, 2012 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
lisnoire said:
Don't immediately blame Netflix. They aren't doing it randomly. It most likely has something to do with the agreement they have with the company that holds the licensing agreement. Same thing happens with movie studios. Netflix pays for the rights to rent and/or stream entertainment. They are given permission to stream said property for a specific period of time and then they have to return to DVD distribution. Some agreements even prohibit streaming. They sometimes have to pull anime DVD's when the companies distribution license with the Japanese producer expires.

I figured it'd be something like that. I'm not mad at them, but it certainly does suck. Hulu looks nice but isn't most of the content on Hulu Plus?
May 13, 2012 11:33 AM

Sep 2010
EnvyMyApex said:
lisnoire said:

I figured it'd be something like that. I'm not mad at them, but it certainly does suck. Hulu looks nice but isn't most of the content on Hulu Plus?

No it isn't just American TV shows from what I have been seeing
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 13, 2012 11:48 AM

Dec 2011
Those shows had been up on Netflix for a long time, so I'dalso guess that their licence had expired.
Hulu is annoying with the commercial breaks, but at least you don't have to have Hulu plus to watch most of the shows on there. And before they were only in dub, but now many of the shows provide the subbed version as well!

I would recommend looking at youtube first though. I watched the whole season of Big Windup on Hulu only to found out days later that Funimation had the entire subbed season on their youtube account -_-
May 13, 2012 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
pendragonuzumaki said:
Those shows had been up on Netflix for a long time, so I'dalso guess that their licence had expired.
Hulu is annoying with the commercial breaks, but at least you don't have to have Hulu plus to watch most of the shows on there. And before they were only in dub, but now many of the shows provide the subbed version as well!

I would recommend looking at youtube first though. I watched the whole season of Big Windup on Hulu only to found out days later that Funimation had the entire subbed season on their youtube account -_-

Are there any other channels like FUNimation? Just subbed, has a bunch of shows!
May 13, 2012 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
Netflix was not made for anime, remember there are other streaming sights out there like GoGoAnime, or even Dubhappy if you are looking for anime. Sure the quality might not be as good but atleast you get to watch anime.. for free..

More topics from this board

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

35 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 5 hours ago

32 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

17 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.