MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Saki: Achiga-hen Episode of Side-A »» Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 10 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A Chapter 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

8 88.89%
4 out of 5: Liked it

1 11.11%
3 out of 5: It was OK

0.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 9

05-13-12, 12:59 AM
Anime Moderator
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It actually came. Toki is able to see two turns ahead. Unfortunately, it is in vain as Teru continues to plow ahead while Toki is at the point of exhaustion.

We finally get to hear a bit about Shindouji's story though, which is nice.
TL Notes: Some information are worth more than a simple note from the translator.

05-13-12, 8:25 AM

Oh, God, Teru...
Looks like the semi-finals match will end in Teru's hand.

Latest Score:
白糸台 Shiraitodai - 201500
千里山女子 Senriyama - 85000
阿知賀女子 Achiga - 61200
新道寺女子 Shindouji - 52300

Is Teru aiming to get a Parenchan (Consecutive dealer wins = auto yakuman) ?
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!

05-13-12, 12:16 PM

This been translated yet or you guys reading the raws?

If its the raws fancy sending me pm with a link i cant be bothered sifting through /a/ for a thread.

05-14-12, 8:11 AM

Raws.
Good luck finding the complete one...
Translation should be out in few days...
Or you could look at 4chan's saki's /u/ thread... lots of part from ch 10 posted (at least you don't miss Teru's moment of awesomeness).

05-14-12, 11:17 AM

shizuru1412 said:
Raws.
Good luck finding the complete one...
Translation should be out in few days...
Or you could look at 4chan's saki's /u/ thread... lots of part from ch 10 posted (at least you don't miss Teru's moment of awesomeness).

Cool i saw a few of the pages on 4chan but to be honest might as well wait till the translations are out.

05-14-12, 1:06 PM

jwbhoy said:

Cool i saw a few of the pages on 4chan but to be honest might as well wait till the translations are out.

Yw.
Few more days for Saki 97 raws to be out too... Hopefully something actually happen in the new chapter...

Fun possibility:

Toki is a pervert?

I mean, when she fainted the last thing she saw is Ryuuka's thighs, and now Ryuuka's boobs is the first thing she sees when she wakes up. :D

Definitely fueled up my RyuuToki needs. :3

05-14-12, 7:51 PM

Btw, Is it just me or the current semi-finals match's condition is similar to the one 10 years ago?

Parallels? Wait, I mean, de ja vu?

The one where Achiga has to fight vs Sukoyan's school (From West Tokyo, since Rinkai's been representative for East Tokyo for 15 years... up to now)

Achiga vs Sukoyan's school : Harue traumatized.
Achiga vs Shiraitodai : Kuro TERRUMATIZED. :D

I wonder if Sukoyan will point it out somehow...
So Sukoyan's power levels (>=/<=?) Teru's power levels... In a way... Probably similar... Maybe they both just Slaughtering like monsters (pulls out Yakumans?)

05-15-12, 5:49 AM
Anime Moderator
shizuru1412 said:
I wonder if Sukoyan will point it out somehow...
So Sukoyan's power levels (>=/<=?) Teru's power levels... In a way... Probably similar... Maybe they both just Slaughtering like monsters (pulls out Yakumans?)

She has already told Kouko that Shiraitodai is much stronger than her school was 10 years ago.
TL Notes: Some information are worth more than a simple note from the translator.

05-15-12, 10:18 AM

Oh my god Teru stop it!

05-15-12, 11:01 AM

OMG. Toki overexerted herself can slow Teru down a little, but now it miserably backfires.

Now Teru holds her rights to call as many rounds as she wants.
Toki is no more. I can only hope she will not faint before it ends.
Kuro? What can she possibly do?
The best I can count on is Shindouji who will not let the game end in Senpou.

Just look at Toki now is painful.

05-15-12, 12:34 PM

KaitoDash said:
OMG. Toki overexerted herself can slow Teru down a little, but now it miserably backfires.

Now Teru holds her rights to call as many rounds as she wants.
Toki is no more. I can only hope she will not faint before it ends.
Kuro? What can she possibly do?
The best I can count on is Shindouji who will not let the game end in Senpou.

Just look at Toki now is painful.

I'm so sorry for Toki. Kuro may complete her only hand to stop Teru, but she need to complete it quickly.

Teru is scary. Oo

shizuru1412 said:

Achiga vs Sukoyan's school : Harue traumatized.
Achiga vs Shiraitodai : Kuro TERRUMATIZED. :D

I'm also TERRUMATIZED now. ><'

05-15-12, 2:52 PM

Toki's first time!!
Someone needs to stop her or Toki is gonna die ;-;
Teru is such a monster.

05-15-12, 5:55 PM

YOU CANNOT STOP IT! TERU TIME IS NOT UP YET!

Toki managed to stop the last dealership but its now down and out for the game. It now all falls in the hands of Kuro to pull some kind of miraculous win to end the first game. I mean she HAS to do something in the end....right?
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

05-15-12, 8:05 PM

game8910 said:

Toki managed to stop the last dealership but its now down and out for the game. It now all falls in the hands of Kuro to pull some kind of miraculous win to end the first game. I mean she HAS to do something in the end....right?

No.
Actually I still think that this match will start with Teru and will end with Teru. That 'I can't possibly get under 0 since it's my power' sounded to me like something to make Teru stand out and look even stronger when it'll actually happen. That is common pratice in shounen.

I still beleive that Teru will go in Parenchan and will destroy everything in her path leaving everyone powerless. Achiga will luck out with second place and will make it to final alongside Shiraitodai.
The parallel is there with what happened 10 years ago but there's more than that. Harue said it before the national, they are definitively mentally stronger than she was in the past. They aren't as strong as demon but they can look at a demon in the eye while still having the will to fight back. Teru stomping on them like if she was walking on grass will provide the right motivation for them to train and fight properly in the final (Which is like the next day and we know that in Saki a night of training can do wonders).

Achiga is much weaker than Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai but that's exactly their advantage. The final will be a table where demons and gods goes at each other's throats. If Achiga play defensively and strike only when the opportunity arise, they can take down a surrounded and occupied demon.

05-16-12, 1:58 AM

Oh god poor Toki is dying there. ;_;
Really curious how Kuro will bring Achiga to second place before Teru's done with them, though at this point the odds are not looking good.

05-16-12, 9:10 AM

Damn toki is a damn beast. I think her powers are too OP. Someone has to stop her. I hope we get to see a little of the back story of teru and saki in here, since the main story is still stuck in semi finals and it seems like this side is progressing much faster than the main one.

05-16-12, 9:48 AM

Kiev said:
Damn toki is a damn beast. I think her powers are too OP. Someone has to stop her. I hope we get to see a little of the back story of teru and saki in here, since the main story is still stuck in semi finals and it seems like this side is progressing much faster than the main one.

I think you meant Teru in your first sentece.
Teru + Saki flashback will be in the main manga in the final round as the two manga are build to be readable as standalone (Even though it's highly recommended to read both). Having flashback from character that aren't even worthy of being called secondary character would feel weird. Saki and Teru developement will be then left for the original manga.

The Saki manga is stuck in quarter final and will advance into semi-final after this match. As for Achiga this is the first round of the semi-final so basically Achiga is barely ahead of Saki and the rounds are starting to get much longer in Achiga.

Though I think that the semi-final will finish with Teru so Achiga manga will probably get a good way ahead the Saki manga.

05-19-12, 9:49 PM

Teru must be a sadist, to keep going even she has broken 200,000 points and more than 100,000 points ahead of the others. That's why I love her <3 (But I do dislike the fact that she always disown Saki as her little sister)

I hope Toki will be okay. She doesn't look like she could go on much farther. I am starting to think that the Vanguard match--or even the semi-finals for Achiga--will end with Toki collapsing out of exhaustion with either Senriyama or Achiga in second.

Poor Shindouij's Hanada, being the sacrificial lamb for her team. Pretty heartless for her teamates to do that, but with Champion Teru out on Vanguard, I supposed it couldn't be helped. Her optimism is refreshing, I'll give her that.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!

05-19-12, 10:26 PM

Now i have this feeling that Teru is going to keep going crazy and finish the game by attacking Toki (i mean shes basically useless now :P) and Kuro's school is going to get lucky and fall into second. Ahaha, well there goes all chances of kuro getting a powerup and changing things around.

05-19-12, 10:29 PM

Rand0mless said:
Teru must be a sadist, to keep going even she has broken 200,000 points and more than 100,000 points ahead of the others. That's why I love her <3 (But I do dislike the fact that she always disown Saki as her little sister)

I hope Toki will be okay. She doesn't look like she could go on much farther. I am starting to think that the Vanguard match--or even the semi-finals for Achiga--will end with Toki collapsing out of exhaustion with either Senriyama or Achiga in second.

Poor Shindouij's Hanada, being the sacrificial lamb for her team. Pretty heartless for her teamates to do that, but with Champion Teru out on Vanguard, I supposed it couldn't be helped. Her optimism is refreshing, I'll give her that.

I think that Toki will be able to hold on until the match end but she's in a state where she can't do anything anymore. Kuro is still useless and so is Hanada.
In these condition I think it wouldn't be streched out if Teru just parenchan her way to victory with Achiga lucking out with second place.

That new power "I can't possibly get my point under 0 since it's my power" sound more like fodder material to make Teru stand out even stronger when it'll happen

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices