Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2012 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
I was wondering if someone could explain me how Takashi can be the grandson of Reiko... I've been thinking about it but I'm can't really find an answer so it would be great if someone could explain it :)

Since they always say that Reiko was almost always alone how is it possible she gave birth to Takashi's father or mother if she was always alone? Or is she maybe his other grandmother (people usually have 2, right?), and the other one had a child (which is Takashi's father or mother)... Though I don't know if he has enough "connection" to Reiko to have inherited her saliva and breath (which he needs in order to give the names back)... Wait, is that possible? I'm sorry, I'm really bad with family tree stuff. Sorry scrap that last option, I believe Reiko has to be the one who gave birth to Takashi's parent in order for him to share her DNA. Right?

So... Is it safe to assume she indeed gave birth to one of Takashi parents and wasn't always alone, perhaps she found a nice guy or even fiance later on in her life? Though they also said she died rather young... So many confusing facotrs xD

Anway I was wondering; what do you guys think? :)
Animefanx3May 12, 2012 6:13 PM
Jun 3, 2012 11:01 PM

Nov 2010
Well they did say that she died young but to die young you just have to be under about 30, and you have to remember all of the youkai that he has returned their names, in their flashbacks she is always wearing a school uniform, so she must be under 18. maybe something happened like she met a guy while she was out beating up youkai, and decided to put away the book. There might be a secret like she married a youkai, or madara is the father but we wont know until the mangaka reveals it.
Jun 18, 2012 3:16 AM
Dec 2011
Yeah,i have to agree with the dude above me.
I also think that reiko might've done it with a youkai
and natsume also has youkai blood in his veins.
it's unlikely that she really found a human husband
even though im not so sure about madara being the father
just seems too weird..
Jun 19, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
I know it sounds weird and probably not true i was just saying that we know nothing of what is to come, and we do not know anything about madara and reiko. Madara has never talked about it and his name isnt in the book so there could be some secret.
Jul 20, 2015 12:45 PM
Aug 2014
I believe Reiko had a child (it was stated that she never married) with Madara which is why Madara saved Takashi at the start. I doubt she found a human husband. Madara then failed to save her which is why he's always like '' Don't eat him cuz i will eat him '' (basically some Youkai killed Reiko and he decided to protect the Natsume family), otherwise he could've just stolen the book after Takashi got killed.

They never mentioned anything about not being able to have a child with a human (i think). He does have supernatural ability, and not just that it's very strong ability. Takashi might have stronger supernatural power than Reiko ever had, because Reiko (in this theory) just randomly aclaimed it (unknown source).

From here on there's two possiblities.

However she and Madara gave birth to another person who COULDN'T collect this spiritual power (she couldn't see Youkai, otherwise Madara would've mentioned her). While his mother lived a normal life i believe Madara watched over her until she eventually died. Madara couldn't do much for her since she couldn't even interact with Youkai.

OR She could see them from a young age but never showed anyone that she could (Madara would've stated that she could've then, because he lived close to Takashi's mother). His mom eventually lost the ability to see spirits and stopped talking about spirits which she never did.

Then she married and passed her powers on to Natsume which could use the powers (i doubt it's that easy to be able to control and use such a power).
Jul 2, 2020 6:33 AM
Aug 2018
I just want to clarify... it is already stated in the anime that reiko actually married a human right? Don't remember which ep but the youkai told natsume about it.
Sep 26, 2020 10:39 PM
Aug 2020
"She is the maternal grandmother of Takashi Natsume...
In Chapter 57, it was revealed that she never married and she had a child (Takashi's mother) without marrying. The father of her child has not yet been revealed.

The details of her death are unknown and haven't been mentioned yet in the series. However, Takashi said (in a conversation with Nanase) that Reiko died under a tree somewhere."

https://natsumeyuujinchou.fandom.com/wiki/Reiko_Natsume
1ncognit0Sep 26, 2020 10:45 PM
Sep 1, 2022 3:25 AM
Jul 2021
Way to go, promoting teen pregnancy(ies), you go Reiko, not.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ClementIV - Mar 26, 2012

209 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 9, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2012

89 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jan 23, 2012

102 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 13, 2012

85 by JoJoLaRow »»
Feb 20, 3:22 PM

» Why wouldn't Natsume learn magic?

jihe - Mar 19, 2012

8 by Nakuy »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.