Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Dec 10, 2014 11:48 PM

Sep 2014
Umm, cockpit windows would be incredibly hard to break so the whole "have Natalie land on water then rescue her" wouldn't work at all. Assuming anyone can land a jumbo commercial jet in the freaking ocean in the first place.

Plus she knew it was coming, she was smiling.
Dec 11, 2014 6:06 AM

Nov 2013
SaveTheAralSea said:
Plus she knew it was coming, she was smiling.
Not that she knew it was coming but more like glad that it was coming. It's basically her being relieved that she raised Kiritsugu well and he made the right decision.
Dec 19, 2014 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
Why did Kiritsugu kill her -.- They could've killed the ghouls afterwards ;_;

Dec 19, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2009
Lichtspiel said:
Why did Kiritsugu kill her -.- They could've killed the ghouls afterwards ;_;
Sigh...And the bugs?
Dec 19, 2014 11:57 PM

Mar 2013
The real plothole is a single stinger missile completely annihilating an entire airliner including all traces of the bugs and ghouls.

butt fuck it.
Dec 24, 2014 8:44 AM
Jul 2011
Shirley incident was more believable and something I could get behind.

Plane issue was kind of stretching it imo but Natalia had to die for Kiritsugu character development, of course, so something was gonna happen to her one way or another. I had assumed one of the bees was gonna go through the vents and get to her but Bazooka Joe Kiritsugu didn't even let it get to that point.
Dec 27, 2014 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
I had a feeling he was going to blow up the plane. The plane in the sky looked so beautiful as well. Sad to see him kill his "mother" oh the feels ;_;
Jan 2, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
I cried. I legit cried. That... that was too sad... Kiritsugu's monologue and scream at the end were just... RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

These are the best flashback episodes I have ever watched... ;-;

I had a strong feeling Natalia wouldn't survive, especially the way the two were talking to each other as if they were saying their goodbyes, but it wasn't until I saw Kiritsugu loading his gun the thought entered my head he was going to do it himself.

Kerry wins this series.

Gen2K_ said:
Bazooka Joe Kiritsugu

Lmfaoooo I should not be laughing at this.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2014
Zadion said:
I cried. I legit cried. That... that was too sad... Kiritsugu's monologue and scream at the end were just... RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

These are the best flashback episodes I have ever watched... ;-;

I had a strong feeling Natalia wouldn't survive, especially the way the two were talking to each other as if they were saying their goodbyes, but it wasn't until I saw Kiritsugu loading his gun the thought entered my head he was going to do it himself.

Kerry wins this series.

Gen2K_ said:
Bazooka Joe Kiritsugu

Lmfaoooo I should not be laughing at this.

Fufufufu~.~I cried too,I pity for natalia,she sacrifice herself
Jan 9, 2015 7:58 PM

Nov 2014
This is just sad...

Jan 10, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Good episode, even if the narrative is a bit forced in the end because of the extreme choice taken by Kiritsugu and for having paid too easily the years of his adolescence with a couple of episodes, without illustrating more his psyche.
Now with this short period we have a fragment of Kiritsugu was young, but at the same time fewer episodes to advance the main story, oh well!
Quality of the drawings a little fallen, but always excellent animations.
Jan 11, 2015 7:38 AM

Aug 2014
I wish this and the previous episodes where made into a 1 hour movie with manten full version at the end. Best episodes in the entire series becuase it brought other elements from the nasuverse in. Natalia's sigs where an awesome knk reference as was alba.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 11, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
how did i know he was going to do that </3
Jan 12, 2015 12:20 AM

Feb 2013
Dayum part 2

Haven't seen much things as depressing as that in a while
Feb 20, 2015 2:17 PM

Dec 2011
Kiritsugu is such an asshole.
Feb 21, 2015 1:57 AM

Aug 2014
shizuokai said:
Kiritsugu is such an asshole.

Yeah he should have had her land the plane and let those things infest the whole city amirite?
Feb 21, 2015 4:43 AM

Jun 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Great backstory.

Now I know why he's such an awesome character.

Impressive episode.
Feb 23, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
wow... Kiritsugu is the most fucked up main character ever.
Feb 24, 2015 8:35 AM

Oct 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
wow... Kiritsugu is the most fucked up main character ever.

And yet he gets worshiped on Reddit.
Mar 1, 2015 9:53 PM

May 2011
After so long I've finally taken the chance to watch this series and I have to say the praise for Fate Zero is well founded. It's not flawless of course, but the emotions in this anime are so powerful. I can feel all of the sadness, despair, and sorrow through the characters' actions and events, something I cannot say for most anime. The OST in my opinion plays a big part in conveying all these feelings.

Jeez, I can just feel the pain in Kiritsugu's chest when he shot down the plane T_T
PreciizeMar 1, 2015 9:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2015 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
I'm very torn about my opinion on Kiritsugu (he did kill my boy Lancer after all)

A strong episode. Natalia was kickass.
Apr 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
Impala said:
RedRoseFring said:
Great backstory.

Now I know why he's such an awesome character.

Impressive episode.

+1

Damn, that was emotional!
Kiritsugu was cold.
Natalia :(
May 14, 2015 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
What the fuck is wrong with that asshole? Oh my god this is like Suzaku all over again. "I'm one of the good guys, I kill to save other people hurr durrrrrr" -_-
GatorMay 14, 2015 4:24 AM
Jun 16, 2015 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Shit almost cried m8. 10/10 so far.
Jun 26, 2015 2:13 AM

Jun 2014
I'm pretty sure he could have taken different repercussions instead of blowing up the whole damn jet from the get go, like swimming to the land and break the window so only Natalia can get out? Oh well, though it would of been more dramatic and sad if she purposely dove to the ground to explode the whole jet.
Jun 26, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2007
InfiniteXV said:
I'm pretty sure he could have taken different repercussions instead of blowing up the whole damn jet from the get go, like swimming to the land and break the window so only Natalia can get out? Oh well, though it would of been more dramatic and sad if she purposely dove to the ground to explode the whole jet.

Which would result in bees getting out.

So no.
Jul 28, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
Ahh the feels at the end. For them to become so close and then killing her. At this point its hard to say if I respect his character or not. Sacrificing what is so important to him to protect the greater numbers. Trying to become that hero of justice. I don't like how he is, but I do feel bad for him.
Jul 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
InfiniteXV said:

So no.
What I was expecting is for her to break through the window at the front of the jet so she can escape, and the bees would still be in the main part of the jet. The jet could then be blown up so Natalie can survive but the bees are killed.
Jul 28, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
WisestOne said:
CookingPriest said:

So no.
What I was expecting is for her to break through the window at the front of the jet so she can escape, and the bees would still be in the main part of the jet. The jet could then be blown up so Natalie can survive but the bees are killed.
falling into the ocean from that height is like hitting solid rock
Aug 11, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2014
wow, fucking amazing. 5/5. I knew Natalia would die during the flashback, but I didn't know that's how they would kill her off. Amazing. Kiritsugu is twisted, and I love it.
Aug 27, 2015 11:01 AM
Dec 2014
What a sad past. :/
Sep 2, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2014
Lucena said:
I thought it was an o.k. flashback episode up until the twist. I was ready to throw my computer out the window until Kiritsugu explained his reasoning for shooting down the plane. I already had a feeling that Natalia wasn't going to make it, but not like that.

Also, does anyone else think Kiritsugu's reasoning for killing Natalia is a little flawed?

Not really, it is consistent with the last episode where he killed his father. His character is one where his feelings are DETACHED from killing. He takes lives into account by the number of lives rather than what he feels for a certain life, say his 'family'.

The only flaw is that HOW did he become this cold and easy to kill people so apathetically. The reasoning that he didn't kill Shirley and then it led to more people dying is WEAK IMO. But it could be a valid reason if he loved Shirley and regretted not killing her THAT MUCH.
Sep 7, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2014
holy shit, these past two episodes about Kiritusugu have been indescribable. I actually...bawled at the end of this episode. Kiritsugu screaming in agony.... I felt it all. When Kiritsugu lifted that rocket launcher, I was seriously panicking. Fuck...I really really liked Natalia especially towards the end.
Amazing, yet this sorrow I feel for Kiritsugu is real. Wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 3:07 AM

Dec 2012
What a dirty strategy.

Nov 4, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2013
Ughh, so fucking depressing. Loving Kiritsugu even more each episode. Such a awesome written character.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Nov 24, 2015 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
A suitable end to the past of Kiritsugu, and so it seems he wanted to be a hero of justice... with that ending he sacrificed his mentor for the lives of others. It's really emotional, just thinking about their final conversation.
Jan 19, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2015
Anticipated Natalia's death, did not anticipate Kiritsugu killing her, right up until the very end. I'm so bad at predicting fiction.
Feb 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2014
Natalia's smile though, she taught him well. Kiritsugu is easily my favorite character, he always remains true to himself

Apr 23, 2016 3:38 AM

Apr 2016
Kiritsugu's amazing and tragic backstory Part 2: A blast of Maturity. Yeah... That works. This episode is probably the bleakest of the whole show, and considering this season in particular, that's quite the achievement. Remember Natalia, that girl in the flashback mid-season 1, telling Kiritsugu to use the origin bullets? Well, let's watch her raise an adolescent Kiritsugu. This answers two very important questions; those being: how Kiritsugu got his grey morality, and why he smokes (when away from family). Their banter is pretty amusing, and their dynamic was pretty interesting considering that both were mercenaries. This honestly made the final sequence with Natalia in the plane just that much more tragic. Kiritsugu lost the two most important women in his life, and if something happens, that number's bound to increase. This concludes Kiritsugu's backstory, and man was it beautiful. If episode 15 was one of the three contenders for the show's high point, then this two part backstory makes the second contender for that honor.
May 2, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Painfully beautiful...
I actually shed some tears... Kiritsugu's pain... was there to grasp...
Natallia saw it coming, she was proud of Kiritsugu, that he reunited the strength he needed to finish the job. The sacrifice for the greater good, kill a loved person to save thousands maybe millions that will not thank him. That's a big sacrifice, Kiritsugu knows it well.

Again, more reasons to love Kiritsugu's character development and Fate/Zero as a whole.

I mean, I have not much to say, it is all there, the feels...
It's a tragic backstory, the one that made Emiya Kiritsugu how he is, why he pursues his goal, how it was born, how HE was born, the one he is now.

As a note: This was the plane that Kirei read Kiritsugu blowed up because his target was inside, back in episode 01 (first half of Fate/Zero)
HumbertoZeroMay 2, 2016 7:11 PM
Jun 28, 2016 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
wow. just wtf. this is getting crazier. how they were talking to each other, and how she was reminiscing over her life and how she is *usually* so strict on Kiritsugu made it pretty obvious she was about to die, but I honestly was thinking maybe the ghouls would break through the cargo door. Not have Kiritsugu sacrifice her. He freaked the fuck out after, too.
well, intense shit.
dextronautJun 28, 2016 8:07 AM
Jul 29, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2016
Past 2 episodes helped us understanding the character of Kiritsugu. First he killed his father and now, Natalia. He would do anything to save the world!!
Aug 27, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2015
She could have landed. Busted the front window. Take care of the ghouls afterwards.
Flawed/10
Sep 6, 2016 11:20 PM

Jun 2016
Moral of the story: Always keep a parachute handy during potentially fatal airborne missions. R.I.P. Natalia.

I liked these two episodes, despite the drastic change in setting. I complemented them by listening to the Drama CD in the BD, which rounded off Kiritsugu's character development nicely. The next episode opens with Kiritsugu seeing Irisviel, so this is perfect timing.
Oct 23, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2010
Well I had a feeling that would happen, I guess that was his last time he will shed tears.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 19, 2016 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode. I actually thought Kiritsugu would have some plan on landing somewhere in the airport and having some sort of mercenaries kill all the ghouls while Natalia escapes.

But I guess he didn't want the same thing that happened in the village back then.

Maybe that's the story Saber predicted when they were talking about back when Lancer was killed.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 20, 2016 4:31 AM

Dec 2013
Well, those two last episodes kinda helped me to better understand Kiritsugu, but I still don't approve his methods.
Sep 2, 2017 5:34 AM

Jan 2015
wow, the two episodes about Kiritsugu's past were great. I still don't quite like him/ approve of his methods, but now I understand him. I rarely change my opinion on a character, but this anime managed to make me change my mind.
Nov 8, 2017 10:00 PM
Jul 2014
I know it seems silly for fantasy action anime but the avenues of approach entailed in this particular episode seemed highly unrealistic. If you're going to create a universe with certain modern elements of logic would seem lacking if you were to break your own logic for plot gratification.
Firstly for the plot rational she for one is branded a survivalist by the author's plot yet died a martyr death. Even with my limited imagination, I can conjure up many a scenario in which she could have survived and eradicated the problem even if she did not follow her own principles. Also since earlier in the episode they stated that people were ''infected'' by physical contact like biting, its safe to assume that the curse works in the same way as a blood born pathogen like aids or rabies. Therefore the only prerequisite is direct bodily fluid contact. This ties into another hole that furthers the questionable plot in this story.
Also the way she died was rather outlandish. The plane she was on was depicted as a fairly large passenger plane(about the size of your average 747). Now ignoring the absolute fact that if she really got in contact with the control tower she could easily land it in the ocean as opposed to the runway, I know with complete certainty that it is almost impossible for a SAM(again whats depicted as either a type 91 or a stinger) shot at the fuel tanks to be able to explode and incinerate the cabin or a plane that size in its entirety to destroy every corpse and wasp or even reach into a locked and sealed pilot cockpit. That's simply not how explosions work in the air or on a moving plane for that matter. There would be lots of debris and fallout. Fallout that would be able to infect more animals and people. Lets say seawater somehow magically sterilizes the curse or disease, if that was the case it would be purely improbable the people in this universe wouldn't know that being this imitation 21st century earth's surface is still covered by 71 percent water needless to say most is which is seawater.
But whatevs well just go ahead write anything nonsensical as "just a story" and call it a day. I just feel bad that it reflects poorly on the director and possibly author when things are either rushed or brashly done. Nothings perfect but i felt a lot of this episode wasn't even necessary for the series much less the way it was presented.
Nov 12, 2017 2:33 PM
Nov 2017
This is one of my favourite anime episodes ever, perfectly executed. I loved their relationship, really interesting, & the way it ended like that... so cool, so emotional. So much tragedy in K's young life. These few flashback episodes work on their own independent of the rest of the show.
Anime_UKAug 17, 2018 6:59 AM
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.