MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (25) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

466 81.33%
4 out of 5: Liked it

69 12.04%
3 out of 5: It was OK

19 3.32%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 1.40%
1 out of 5: Hated it

11 1.92%
Voters: 573

05-12-12, 10:45 AM

There was some horrendous CGI in this episode, but at least the plane explosion was hand-drawn.

I felt that Kiritsugu's motive for killing Natalia was more logical, less impulsive, and better thought-out than his motive for killing his father -- and because of that, it was no surprise to me that he was willing to kill her after having already killed his father.

Not having read the LN, I was wondering if this episode would show how Kiritsugu met Maiya (if it was mentioned in the first cour, I completely forgot). Is that something we'll ever find out, or is it just not important?

05-12-12, 10:48 AM

Linkark07 said:
It was because of Shirley that the entire island was lost so he doesn't want to repeat the same mistake.
WTF are you talking about? I though the virus was spread through the meds? You saying Shirley bite everyone so fast it spread and infected all? It could be but it's possible Kiritsugu's father made loads take those pills. Who knows what went down there.
Linkark07 said:
Where was the plane landing, New York right?; imagine if those bees had escaped the plane.

Besides, I can't see how would Natalia escape the plane without being bitten by one of those bugs
It that happened there would poison all around and death stemming, that's for sure if not a World Epidemic.
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
WTF are you talking about? I though the virus was spread through the meds? You saying Shirley bite everyone so fast it spread and infected all? It could be but it's possible Kiritsugu's father made loads take those pills. Who knows what went down there.

It was because of Shirley.Noritaka wouldnt risk an experiment so big to attract both The Church and the Mage's Association.If he was planning to do that he would lock them up somewhere not let them go around biting anything they see.And Shirley didnt need to bite everyone in the village.Her victims did the same and so on....
I see. That goes back to what I though. Thanks for confirming that.
the_executioner said:
Yumekichi11 said:

No, it spread like a regular zombie outbreak would. Shirley drank the potion -> Shirley bit someone -> someone bites someone else -> etc. Same with the bees, except now there are more sources for the outbreak.
Well the bees would be harder to kill due to their size and much more efficient at spreading plague itself.
Modified by Yumekichi11, 05-12-12, 7:12 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

05-12-12, 10:59 AM

fucking epic episode, 6/5

05-12-12, 11:02 AM

Hakuromatsu said:

Not having read the LN, I was wondering if this episode would show how Kiritsugu met Maiya (if it was mentioned in the first cour, I completely forgot). Is that something we'll ever find out, or is it just not important?

A little bit of that in the next episode without flashback IF they dont cut it.

What surprised me in this ep is that they showed a teenager smoking.It's been too long since a teenager didnt refuse to smoke because he isnt an adult.I really hate that.,at least let them refuse because they dont like it.The same goes for alcohol.never saw someone refusing to drink because of not being and adult.

Back to the ep.Apart to the filler during half and more of the ep -which I didnt mind-I could spot only one difference(if you can call it one) from the LN.In the anime Natalia smiles in the end while in the LN we have no idea what happened.I liked that.

Also LN part
Modified by FakePriest, 05-12-12, 11:15 AM

05-12-12, 11:02 AM

I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Oh wait. I already am.

So this is how Kiritsugu fell to darkness? He really seemed deranged when trying to justify his killing of Natalia. There's only one thing that I'm a bit confused over. Did Natalia know that Kiritsugu was going to kill her? Because she was talking about landing and seeing him again. Hmm.

By the way, teenager Kiritsugu is hella fine. And I could get used to Manten being used as the ED. It's better than the other one for sure.

05-12-12, 11:09 AM

Hakuromatsu said:
No, their meeting is not mentioned in this part, though it will be explained by Maiya herself later. And you won't have to wait too long^^

05-12-12, 11:10 AM

itsvero said:

So this is how Kiritsugu fell to darkness? He really seemed deranged when trying to justify his killing of Natalia. There's only one thing that I'm a bit confused over. Did Natalia know that Kiritsugu was going to kill her? Because she was talking about landing and seeing him again. Hmm.

It depends on the reader/viewer.Others think Natalia knew, others doubt it.Well Natalia should know he would do if any other person than her was on the plane.The problem is did she believe he would do it while she was on it?

05-12-12, 11:11 AM

ssjokg said:
Hakuromatsu said:

A little bit of that in the next episode without flashback IF they dont cut it.

What surprised me in this ep is that they showed a teenager smoking.It's been too long since a teenager didnt refused smoking because he isnt an adult.I really hate that.,at least let them refuse because they dont like it.The same goes for alcohol.never saw someone refusing to drink because of not being and adult.

Less correctness stuff please.

05-12-12, 11:15 AM

For the greater good. This is truly a noble man, him and saber actually resemble each other alot but saber takes the side of honor.

05-12-12, 11:19 AM

ssjokg said:

It depends on the reader/viewer.Others think Natalia knew, others doubt it.Well Natalia should know he would do if any other person than her was on the plane.The problem is did she believe he would do it while she was on it?

Personally, I think the majority of the evidence suggests that Natalia knew perfectly well what Kiritsugu would do. Factually, she looks surprised for a moment when he says that he has the ghoul problem "all worked out" and then smiles with what looks like understanding and acceptance.

Their conversation is a bittersweet acknowledgement of their familial relationship and the fact that's about to end.

Thematically, it seems to complete Kiritsugu's character development into the remorseless killer that he believes would have saved Shirley's village.

Whatever you think, it's been a slightly hasty, emotionally charged two episodes that probably would be better covered in more time in the novels (to give more time for the mother-son bond to develop and no doubt some cool assasination action). I'm looking forward to getting back to the servant battles next week.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

05-12-12, 11:19 AM

Really cool episode and finally back to the future in the next episode.

I felt kinda evil for laughing at how Kiritsugu snapped, but you definitely saw that coming. Using Air France flight accident was cool but can be consired impolite towards those who actually died back then.. :/

05-12-12, 11:20 AM

ssjokg said:
Still no haters?hmm weird

Perhaps they'll come after the episode get subs (not the nico version)

05-12-12, 11:25 AM

disliked
2nd episode of fate zero that i gave a score under 4/5
only rin's episode was worse...

that crying scene was ugh...
Modified by BloodRequiem, 05-12-12, 11:35 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

05-12-12, 11:26 AM

Mauno said:

I felt kinda evil for laughing at how Kiritsugu snapped, but you definitely saw that coming. Using Air France flight accident was cool but can be consired impolite towards those who actually died back then.. :/

The same goes for all the WWII movies,9/11 movie,Titanic etc.And didnt that happen in 2009?
Modified by FakePriest, 05-12-12, 11:31 AM

05-12-12, 11:27 AM

Well, surprise surprise! Kiritsugu killed his father because of justice and not some emotional impulse. I guess that theory from the previous thread gets thrown out the window. Lawlz.

05-12-12, 11:32 AM

kayos90 said:
Well, surprise surprise! Kiritsugu killed his father because of justice and not some emotional impulse. I guess that theory from the previous thread gets thrown out the window. Lawlz.

did you see this line? :

"i didnt screw up like i did with you"
for justice lol...thats funny
again to ease the pain off his guilty conscience
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

05-12-12, 11:33 AM

Mauno said:

Actually I think it's more because Air France is more suitable to use for flights from Paris to New York. This event happens pre-1995, after all.

But I actually surprised they used an actual name for the airplane. Usually Japan will obscure it by misspellings or different name, maybe like Air Krance or Sky France. Wcdonalds is so popular in anime...

BloodRequiem said:
kayos90 said:

did you see this line? :

"i didnt screw up like i did with you"
for justice lol...thats funny
again to ease the pain off his guilty conscience

But that's the whole point of his justice complex. He refused to kill Shirley because he loved her, he didn't do it because of his emotions towards Shirley. He didn't make the same mistake with his father and Natalia, where he separated his emotions from his actions and do the most logical thing, by killing them both.

I'm not saying he doesn't feel guilty about that, but he did kill his father partially for justice too. After all that Shirley incident will remind him again and again what will happen if he chooses his emotions above doing what is right at that time.
Modified by neurogal91, 05-12-12, 11:43 AM

05-12-12, 11:48 AM

It was just amazing seeing Kiritsugu break down like that after shooting the plane down. Guess that was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

05-12-12, 11:50 AM

Damn......that's some sense of justice.

05-12-12, 11:53 AM

Just when I was starting to lose fate in this series, they throw this at me. Loved this episode, felt like 10 minutes, not 24. These two episodes made Kiritsugu a lot less distant character. But somehow this made me like him less. Before he was sort of mysterious/dark, but now he's just neutral.
Oh and the voice actor did an amazing job for Kiritsugu's breakdown.

Pages (25) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices