MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (24) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

451 81.56%
4 out of 5: Liked it

65 11.75%
3 out of 5: It was OK

19 3.44%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 1.45%
1 out of 5: Hated it

10 1.81%
Voters: 553

05-19-12, 5:06 PM

I liked it even more now than when I watched it last week. Truly a great episode. The whole talk between Kiritsugu and Natalia to when he breaks down is just really emotional and almost difficult to watch. I like all the new soundtracks in this episode too; there were quite a lot of them.

05-21-12, 7:38 AM

Why not save her and kill all the zombies instead ?
Why care for the unknown people more instead of your mom ? weird.
His choice is like a psychopath just like his voice.

05-21-12, 7:58 AM

wigglejelly said:
Why not save her and kill all the zombies instead ?
Why care for the unknown people more instead of your mom ? weird.
His choice is like a psychopath just like his voice.
Become evil to get rid of a larger evil. That's like, Kiritsugu's whole creed. And she was "like his mom" but he killed his father to rid of the world of the danger of a magus that could potentially unleash vampire infestations anywhere, you think he would have chosen his "mom" and risk potentially unleashing a horde of Ghouls on New York City? The whole reason for the two episode flashback is to show how Kiritsugu turned from a normal kid to a killer who'd do anything to get his objective of peace.

And for those who remember Unlimited Blade Works, Kiritsugu is like a more twisted version of Archer. Archer tried his hardest to save everyone if a chance remained, Kiritsugu would just kill them or let them die so as not to risk it.

05-21-12, 1:53 PM

I did not see the rocket launcher coming lol

Why is Kiritsugu's back-story so much better than the main plot?

I agree. The plot is meh but whenever we get to see the characters stories it becomes interesting.
Modified by Valaskjalf, 05-21-12, 1:57 PM

05-24-12, 11:38 PM

Very powerful episode and really great to learn about his past. Not really sure how people can say they hate these flashbacks, they were great and shed light on many aspects of the fate series.

Also, very very sad moment in fate history with the death of Kinpatsu-kun. He will never be forgotten and will remain one of the most tragic stories in anime history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cIjaRrvRY

BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Quick though: was Kiritsugu's mentality after the shit that happened from last episode and the info of this episode like so….”Fuck everything as long as I can put to rest what started my Hell and rest….” could it be he lives only to stop all this for his FIRST LOVE! That would be Shirley as he blushed at that part in the last episode?

Can it be though of like that of his mental change?

No I dont think so.He literally breaks down after Natalia's death unlike what happened with Shirley.When he left the island he just seemed cold for a kid that was playing around before all hell broke loose.And in 1st season he asks Iri if he should grab her and Ilya and run away from all that so I doubt that Shirley is what keeps him going.

tbh the problem is that they stretched half a chapters worth of material into an episode which seemed almost filler like
perhaps if they merged it with a bit of heart of freaks then i would find it acceptable

heres my interpretation:

natalia's death is quite similar to HF

natalia was killed by his own hands so of course it was going to have more of an impact on him

I think you might be missing the point of HF, it's the exact opposite of what we see happen in these flashbacks

Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.

05-28-12, 1:53 PM

Valaskjalf said:
I did not see the rocket launcher coming lol

Why is Kiritsugu's back-story so much better than the main plot?

I agree. The plot is meh but whenever we get to see the characters stories it becomes interesting.

This. It sheds more light on Kiritsugu's character than we get to see for any of the other characters.

05-29-12, 12:13 AM

What the hell did I just watch?
I didn't buy his childhood love story at all...
But the relationship between him and his master and "mother" who took him in and gave him everything, that I found special. I was even anticipating that the ghouls would burst in last minute and cut their heart to heart talk short.

For him to do it all in the name of a 5 minute arc devoted to his childhood first love really weakens his character and the credibility of the story.
I don't know what to say...that was the first episode in the entire series that has left a bad taste in my mouth. Everything that happened was great storytelling, all but the fact that he did it in the name of Shirly.
Although I will admit the build up and execution, as much as I hate what happened, was done perfectly. From the slow assembly of the rocket to the tension on the plane.
Modified by AzureBlues, 05-29-12, 12:38 AM
"The end of happiness, the beginning of truth."

05-30-12, 7:18 PM

@AzureBlues
What are you talking about? He wasn't doing it in the name of Shirley.

05-30-12, 8:14 PM

lolzteez said:
@AzureBlues

He probably was confused by Kiritsugu's line "See Shirley, I didn't make the same mistake this time like what I did with you" or something like that.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

05-30-12, 9:02 PM

BloodRequiem said:
lolzteez said:
@AzureBlues

He probably was confused by Kiritsugu's line "See Shirley, I didn't make the same mistake this time like what I did with you" or something like that.
Hmm, you can still consider it as him having some regrets about his first love, although the truth is half-half. He became this way BECAUSE of Shirley, but he's not doing it FOR Shirley. If you see it properly he "fails" Shirley by not killing her while she was still madly trying to keep what little remained of her humanity. As such, when he pulls the trigger and destroys the plane, he breaks down and basically says "I can save people now, I don't hesitate anymore" to Shirley, the one he hesitated to stop. and "save". He can't really direct those words to Natalia because Natalia disagrees with his lifestyle choice (Natalia believes in self-preservation, while Kiritsugu chose to save as most people as possible no matter the sacrifices, that sacrifice can include he himself).

06-03-12, 12:46 AM

Hmm, at first I thought Kiritsugu's logic was really fucked up....

But I totally understand why he brought down the plane and as painful as it must have been for him to do it, it was the right decision.

If the plane had landed who knows how many people would've died.

I was really hating Kiritsugu up until this episode, this really explains a lot about him.

I gotta say this was a FLAWLESS episode, absolutely brilliant.

And unlike the raging fanboys, I've been criticizing this anime since last season, but this was really a masterful episode.

Although I do find it hilarious that the flashback episodes are much better than the main plot.

I still don't see the "masterpiece" behind the main plot to Fate/Zero, but at the very least these flashback episodes were absolutely perfect.
Modified by ichigo03, 06-03-12, 12:51 AM

06-10-12, 9:01 PM

how could he have killed his fake mother... damn it i thought the door would have broken down or something... a person you know's life is much more valuable than strangers;/ learn that kerry

06-21-12, 4:34 AM

To be Kiritsugu is to suffer. AND THOSE BEEDRILL ARE CRAZY! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

06-27-12, 8:39 PM

Well this episode was a very nice complement to the last one, now it really got to me.

06-28-12, 11:53 AM

Why is it that whenever Gen is even remotely associated with a project, something fucking awful will happen? And we, or at least, I, would be expecting it to happen but when it does happen it feels like total kick in the face?

Kiritsugu is a fucking bastard. Although I would do the same, there's like an infinite amount of solutions for that situation. I know plot armor is bullcrap but plot antiarmor is just as full of crap or even more so. "I wasn't prepared for an emergency skydive". The fuck? She's a professional that's been doing crazy shit for years, jumping into a job that's on a plane, but bringing a bunch of guns instead of maybe a parachute? They could have had her have a parachute like a smart professional but still kill her off.

Amazing episode.
All in all, her surviving zombie bees is much less likely then her bringing a parachute (or emergency device, since there's boatloads of magic).
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.

06-28-12, 9:46 PM

Since episode 16 (or whichever one he killed Lancer's team in), I've considered Kiritsugu to be the most interesting character in this series (with characters like Kirei, Gil, Saber, and Rider that's saying a lot) and it was...uncomfortable to see what formed him. I was starting to get uncomfortable as he got the RPG from that dealer but it wasn't until he actually pulled it out while on the boat that I was like "oh no...".

I think Kiritsugu is a good example of how following the "logical" path can cause someone a lot of pain. Sure, by killing Natalia he spared a lot of lives...but that has to take it's tole and the scene of him breaking down crying really went a long way to show that. I still can't agree with his way of doing things but I can't deny that there is some merit to his actions.

I guess we'll see to what extremes he takes his ideal going forward.
Modified by insan3Spectre, 06-28-12, 11:07 PM
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

06-30-12, 9:49 PM

Looking at what happened last episode, and how they finished this one, well that's pure genius writing. The moment he pick up that missile launcher... shivers down the spine were felt.

07-02-12, 12:06 AM

holy fuck this ep was great
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/

07-07-12, 3:19 PM

Truly great episode! Love Kiritsugu's background story!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

07-07-12, 5:10 PM

Beautiful and sad episode. Excellent. Enough said.

Pages (24) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices