Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2008 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Has anyone watched it yet? It just aired, I don't think fansub is available yet T_T
Sep 19, 2008 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
well even though i can't understand it :3 but i saw something so cute

Sep 19, 2008 6:46 PM

Dec 2007
C-cups? Are you kidding me?

Heheh. Kokoko can't win, can she? Now she's competing against her own daughter. It's like watching a Wile E. Coyote futility tale.
Kokujin-kunSep 19, 2008 7:36 PM
Sep 23, 2008 5:14 AM

Nov 2007
i watched the raw =3 it was SO CUTE ! iloveit <33
Sep 23, 2008 8:14 PM

Dec 2007
The sub came out, watched it, and I'm really satisfied with the ending.

Best moments for me:

Really liked this series, sad to see it go. The next episode looks kinda lame though.
Sep 23, 2008 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
very nice very nice....everyting turned out perfectly....hehe. unreal.

well its been a good run so far...last ep will be rather interesting.
Sep 23, 2008 8:42 PM
Apr 2008
everyone was HAPPY HAPPY. and lolz, kotomi is just like kotoko but his better skills.
Sep 23, 2008 8:49 PM

Jun 2007
haha wow that was a great ending to a wonderful show. Kotomi is so funny, she really did take after her mom a lot.

The next ep looks pretty good, more like an OVA type ep though. I wonder why they didn't make it a DVD only ep. O well still looking forward to it.
Sep 23, 2008 9:08 PM

Jan 2008
THis episode was awesome, Kotomi rocks!
Sep 23, 2008 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

The next ep looks pretty good, more like an OVA type ep though. I wonder why they didn't make it a DVD only ep. O well still looking forward to it.

exactly what i thought.

great series and i am considering this to be the true ending, screw that extra episode crap. great conclusion to a great series. tho it would be interesting to see kotomi growing up and how/who she turns out like.

and holy crap is it me or did kin-chan and chris have like 3 kids.

oh and i want to see sempai's and matsumoto's kid. i wonder if he would be born with that mustache.
Sep 23, 2008 10:27 PM
May 2008
OMG T_T !!!!! I LOVED this episode. Kotoko might be the best wife on the entire planet. honestly. Who on the planet besides her would do something like that? I would hope i would! really! She really really thinks about him! Omg...*sob*

I'm really glad they are doing a follow up episode. kinda like an OVA cept' we dont have to wait too long to get it! ^_^ I hope it ends with an even happier ending!
Sep 23, 2008 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
I'm happy with this episode. So many great shows went to disappointment this anime season and this show went from one of my "I'm watching because there isn't anything else on" to a "NEXT WEEK! NOW!"

I'd just be repeating the previous posts, so Ill just say it again... I'm happy with this episode. ^_^ *all warm and fuzzy*
Sep 23, 2008 10:51 PM

May 2007
I've never seen an anime featuring the life of lovers-turned-to-family like this before. Itazura na Kiss spans from high school days, college days, getting a career days, and even happy family - pretty much the life of average people. Among the fun times and hardships, it tells that life is beautiful.

The final chapter was very HAPPI, it made me cry and cheer for them lol. Pretty simplistic anime but it dares to move forward every time under great storytelling. Couldn't decide to give it an 8 or 9 out of 10 score... Well there's still an extra chapter after the trials they went through. Next and final episode should be fun!

Little fun fact... When Kotomi reached high school, this anime completes a full circle of a human generation. :D
Sep 24, 2008 12:14 AM

Jan 2008
OMG. that was really good. Kotomi is soO adorable.. I can't get enough of this anime... i really LOVE this series..
Sep 24, 2008 12:14 AM

Apr 2007
ChiBuki said:
I've never seen an anime featuring the life of lovers-turned-to-family like this before. Itazura na Kiss spans from high school days, college days, getting a career days, and even happy family - pretty much the life of average people. Among the fun times and hardships, it tells that life is beautiful.

YEAH! That's part of why I love this so much. I have not read the manga and I definitely did not expect this series to last until she goes into labor and giving birth! And the preview of the last episode has got me wanting it.

Surprisingly, I am sad to see this series go. It's amazing how much Kotoko and Irie's love grew for each other..

This episode was great and beautiful. I definitely gained full respect of Irie kun.
Psh, I mean when they first got married, I still thought he was a jerk!
I guess children really do bring happiness. :P

Kotomi is so cute~

Sep 24, 2008 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
that was a good episode..

although the preview looked a bit weird.. well a lot weird
Sep 24, 2008 1:13 AM

Aug 2007
I loved when Irie was wearing the fat suit. Total 180 reversal from the earlier eps when he would never be caught dead doing something like that.

This ep was literally death by cuteness.
Sep 24, 2008 1:33 AM

Apr 2007
aranelcharis said:
I loved when Irie was wearing the fat suit. Total 180 reversal from the earlier eps when he would never be caught dead doing something like that.

This ep was literally death by cuteness.

cant say much more than that, very cute funny episode, Kotomi just wins, even beating her own mom, hahah. really great ending to a great series, atm it sits at 9/10. The whole series is kinda fast paced since it does cover from high school love. "Jama miro!"
Sep 24, 2008 1:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Jei_Ken said:
Has anyone watched it yet? It just aired, I don't think fansub is available yet T_T

Please don't open discussion topics if you can't actually discuss the episode yet. Watch it and create the topic afterwards. If there's no topic yet, it's obvious that the regulars haven't seen the episode yet.

Anyway, episode was really cute. Kotomi is crazy, but that was too be expected. xD

staff.applications ▼ 
guidelines.faq ▼

report.abuse ▼ 

thx.skittles ▼ 
thx.kina ▼

[H+] ³ă€€â–Ľă€€
Sep 24, 2008 3:03 AM
Jul 2008
This episode was awesome! Too many funny and touching moments to count! ^^

Some of my personal favs include:

- Kotoko fawning over her boob size, lol!
- Chris announcing that she is pregnant too ^^
- Irie-kun wearing a pregnancy suit in maternity class! XD (Is it just me, or did they start taking maternity classes kinda late? o.O)
- Irie-kun deciding to save Matsumoto's life, in spite of his wife going into labour; and Kotoko for once not being jealous and telling him that it's ok.
- Little Kotomi having inherited her dad's looks, but her mother's personality.
- Chris and Kin-chan's son having inherited Chris' hair colour, but Kin-chan's hairstyle! XD
- Yuuki-kun growing up to be just like his brother, looks- AND personality-wise! ^^
Sep 24, 2008 3:28 AM

Jul 2008
Oh this episode was so great. It really made my eyes tearful.
I agree you guys that u pointed ^^

It's sad that it is going be ended T__T Only one more T__T
Sep 24, 2008 6:26 AM

Mar 2008
I have to say, the preview looked so good that it kinda over-shadowed the anime itself
Sep 24, 2008 8:37 AM

Jul 2005
I lolled when they showed the baby of Chris and Kin-chan.

RitsukaSep 24, 2008 8:46 AM
Sep 24, 2008 8:53 AM

Jun 2008
So Great,.,.this episode really is great,.,.love it

Sep 24, 2008 9:29 AM

Apr 2007
Ritsuka said:
I lolled when they showed the baby of Chris and Kin-chan.

Yeah I did! It was really cute lol. Not to mention one of Kotoko's friends have a kid too. o_o

Is anyone alarmed by all the time skips that are happening?

Sep 24, 2008 10:20 AM

Aug 2008
Naoki's mother really is something, funniest caracter. The way she photography her second boy's date with an enormous kodac... Never changes

Sep 24, 2008 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
What I loved about this episode and this series is that they know how to maintain great pace. And if there is nothing important to be told, skip a few years! The direction was nice and crisp, and with the exception of a few B-team animation anomalies, it's probably the best straight up love comedy, second to Nodame Cantible. There are few things I diskiked about this show.
Sep 24, 2008 11:44 AM

May 2008
Awesome episode too bad its about to end

Kotomi was so cute XD
Sep 24, 2008 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
Aren't you all over reacting a bit? It was merely a decent ending to a very decent series.. nothing more, nothing less.
Sep 24, 2008 12:22 PM

Apr 2008
This episode was awesome!!! I'm so glad that everyone is happy... an impossible thing in the real world... that's why i really like this show. 9/10

Sep 24, 2008 12:28 PM

Feb 2008
A relatively safe ending to a safe series. The next episode seems a little redundant to me now but I'll wait and see.
Sep 24, 2008 12:31 PM

Apr 2007
Hehe almost everything was nice in this ep ^^
But am i the only one that things the kid is kinda annoying ? ah well, maby just me lol :P

Sep 24, 2008 2:54 PM
Feb 2008
I remember when I started this anime expecting just a normal high school romance ending in the girl FINALLY getting the guy... but this has been one of my higlights of it's season. It certainly has been great watching, and this episode has brought some great moments:

• Kotoko's admiration of her endowment
  • Dramatic bit of Kotoko's collapse
  • The whole parenting classes scenario
  • The Matsumoto Drama
  • Kotoko bravely going through labour by herself
  • Naoki seeing the baby (i cried like a baby through that scene)
  • Kotomi = KAWAIII!!
    Love the fact she has Naoki's looks and Kotoko's attitude!
  • Final look through all the characters endings
  • The picnic and the picture... it was beautiful

Next episode? Why do I care... Nothing could ruin that ending, so why complain about how weird it looks. :)

Edit:
*Looks again at Next Episode Name* Hello Again... (amnesia?)
StillAdamClarkSep 24, 2008 2:59 PM
Sep 24, 2008 3:01 PM

Nov 2007
I'm going to miss this anime, I thought it was an usual high-school romance but it's much more. It had its clichèd moments, but it still managed to amuse me for 24 episodes. Plus how many anime span from a confession to childbirth?
Sep 24, 2008 3:18 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

xD awesome way to start the episode, kotoko wins!

anyway, this episode sure felt like it was the last, and next one does seem like an OVA-kind, cant wait to see how it will turn out.

&specially love the ending, showing everyone & how they are doing. + the song :D
although, kotoko's first friends, the black-hair-one, still creeps me out D;
Sep 24, 2008 4:06 PM

Sep 2008
Did anyone else find this disturbing:

when Kotoko was going home alone on the bullet train HEAVILY PREGNANT nobody even offered her a seat to sit!! >8-O

and when she fell over on the bridge, the first guy that walked past her... just walked past!! o_0;

I really hope people in Japan aren't really like this. and Kotomi's voice is like a jackhammer! so sharp D-8(
Sep 24, 2008 4:14 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
crazy_eights said:
oh and i want to see sempai's and matsumoto's kid. i wonder if he would be born with that mustache.
Haha, that's awesome xD
ChiBuki said:
QFT.
Jei_Ken said:
Did anyone else find this disturbing: [...]
I did. I couldn't believe it! And they obviously drew it in there on purpose :S At least the woman offered to help.
_____

My first thought at the beginning of the episode was: is she pregnant with twins?! Holy crow, that wasn't a pregnant belly, that was HUGE belly. I've only seen women that big if they're toxic or are carrying twins or both :P

Yuuki <3 He was awesome this episode :D In fact, I was really pleased with this episode all around. Bravo!

Join MAL's Mod Team! ✧ 
Guidelines & FAQ ✧ 

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ ✧ 
Sep 24, 2008 4:39 PM

Aug 2007
egg said:
Best moments for me:

those are my fav parts, too~
Sep 24, 2008 4:45 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode XD

shame to to see it end next week but has to be one of the top series from the Spring anime ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2008 5:07 PM

Jan 2008
Really enjoyed this epi, as well as most of the series. This one was awesome. Really got misty eyed when Kotoko was sending Irie off to surgury and said "I'm sure baby is rooting for Papa too".

Love the ED sequence - 2 Kin clones! Okasan up to her old tricks with Yuuki now as her new project. Just lots of fun and touching scenes. Glad I started watching and stuck with it.
Sep 24, 2008 5:10 PM

Jul 2007
kuroshiroi said:
A relatively safe ending to a safe series. The next episode seems a little redundant to me now but I'll wait and see.
Sep 24, 2008 7:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
surprisingly I thought this series was 24 episodes and there is one more... what?

The most epic shoujo series (along with Ai Yazawa's) I have seen....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 24, 2008 7:40 PM

Oct 2007
that was AMAZING

when irie walked into the room and saw kotoko and the baby....

tears came streaming down
Sep 24, 2008 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
It was so cute *__* Lol at Kotoko loving her breasts XD
This should have been the ending to the series... next ep. will probably suck :P

I almost felt like Kotomi was going to scream "sugoi Chara!" while running around the house o_O hohoho.

Sep 24, 2008 7:57 PM

May 2007
>3 Twas ze awesome imo. Kotomi is probably what Kotoko was like in her younger days. The next episode seems to be visiting grandparents? Kotoko's? Who knows. Hopefully Kotomi's still in the picture. Kenn doesn't want a massive flashback. xO
Sep 24, 2008 8:11 PM

May 2008
Sweet Episode!!!
Sep 25, 2008 5:09 AM

Oct 2006
Loved this episode!!

Basically everything is already mentioned so I don't bother to repeat them all why this episode was awesome!! haha!

But.... I don't know the preview for 25 looks.... uhm... well, I don't know how to say it. Hopefully it's not as bad as I think it is....
Sep 25, 2008 5:16 AM

Aug 2007
The thing is, 25 is so vague. All you saw was that old guy over and over.

I just love the intro to the preview though "You mean this wasn't the last ep?!"

Ha. Even they acknowledge it.

I do have to say though, if there is one more ep, I hope its really good. Maybe that old guy is Naoki grown up! I invision a full circle with Kotomi finding a boy she likes ;)

Sep 25, 2008 7:43 AM
Jul 2007
I was looking forward to that moment ever since they got married. Geeze not only do I cry over real births but aparently anime ones too. xD My fiance and I hope our daughter is as cute as Kotomi if we have one. x3
Sep 25, 2008 12:47 PM

May 2008
This episode was soooooooooo kawaaiiiiii!!!!

Kotomi rulz and the way they looked into each other eyes and the way they were competing was soooo awesome xD
I love Itazura Na Kiss and I don't want it to finish..
T_T
Btw

I wonder..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MagicalEmi - Sep 6, 2008

69 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.