Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Medaka Box Episode 6 Discussion


May 10, 2012 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5422
Stark700 said:
Zhou said:
New girl in the preview is actually a boy, expect some good fan service.

Wait, so "she" is a trap?

No no, I think you're misunderstanding it. That's a normal boy and not one that wants to be a girl.
 
May 10, 2012 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 114
Well, that sure was kinky.
 
May 10, 2012 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5142
Marius2005 said:
Medaka isn't a character at all. 90% of the time she is walking fanservice and the other 10 percent of the time she is a mouth piece for the author. She has no personality of her own. She's one of worst characters I've seen in quite some time. Every time she's on screen I kind of cringe and hope she isn't going to open her mouth.


Be surprised or not, the author actually intended this to happen. This series actually breaks the fourth wall completely later on.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
May 10, 2012 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 268
Nasty001 said:
Well then, I guess the student council is complete.


Don't forget about the vice president

wakka9ca said:
Marius2005 said:
Medaka isn't a character at all. 90% of the time she is walking fanservice and the other 10 percent of the time she is a mouth piece for the author. She has no personality of her own. She's one of worst characters I've seen in quite some time. Every time she's on screen I kind of cringe and hope she isn't going to open her mouth.


Be surprised or not, the author actually intended this to happen. This series actually breaks the fourth wall completely later on.


Though by the pace the anime is going, it will be a while before that happens.

Thing with medaka is, her character is also built by how different people reacts to her.
Modified by jeroz, May 10, 2012 8:15 PM
 
May 10, 2012 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Medaka is so cute. ♥
 
May 10, 2012 6:48 PM
IRC Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10457
wakka9ca said:
Marius2005 said:
Medaka isn't a character at all. 90% of the time she is walking fanservice and the other 10 percent of the time she is a mouth piece for the author. She has no personality of her own. She's one of worst characters I've seen in quite some time. Every time she's on screen I kind of cringe and hope she isn't going to open her mouth.


Be surprised or not, the author actually intended this to happen. This series actually breaks the fourth wall completely later on.
Do people really have to say something about the manga in every Medaka Box thread?

I don't feel it's that necessary to keep telling people about what will happen. Let them see for themselves.
 
May 10, 2012 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 596
Nekomi is my favorite :3
 
May 10, 2012 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3360
best episode yet I think. not as boring as athe last few. I'm okay with money girl joining up, that is what I'll cal lher. dat kiss was also good. suggestive poses from Medaka, but no boing sound effects for her boobs this time.
 
May 11, 2012 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7137
This was more enjoyable. That yuri scene cracked me up!
 
May 11, 2012 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1477
Amazing episode. I was really happy when the judo club won but I was expecting something like that to happen since the money team's and student council team's showdown started. The girl from the money team looks both cute and cool in those glasses it should be even more fun now that she joined the student council. Shiranui was totally epic once again and I have to say that the idea of "quality not quantity" was a very good one.
 
May 11, 2012 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 30000
Well the Student Council didn't win in the end, but got a new member.
 
May 11, 2012 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
Lmao at Kikaijima's introduction at the end, I'll dispose of you if you waste money haha. Niceee new member for the Student Council. And I am also really liking her seiyuu, Kayano.

Dat jealously when Zenkichi said he loved Shiranui, she paid him back afterwards by kissing Kikaijima though lol.
 
May 11, 2012 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 513
I liked this past arc, too bad the series is already half way over though and I'm not so sure there will be a second season.
 
May 11, 2012 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2828
LOL, Medaka and her Yuri Kiss.

It was predictable that some club (the judo club)do something meanwhile swimming club and Medaka fight
 
May 11, 2012 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1614
And the Seitokai grew with one more person. They lost the contest, lol.

All my gifs are in my blog
 
May 11, 2012 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 141
This episode was interesting to watch and congratulations for Judo Team, LOL
 
May 11, 2012 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 959
suprise kiss~ ^^,i still suport medeka and zenkichi though
 
May 11, 2012 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3234
This episode reminded me why I haven't dropped the show yet. That fanservice sure was arousing. The little yuri scenes weren't half bad either.
 
May 11, 2012 9:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 96
It made me feel like working math problems
 
May 11, 2012 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2880
Medaka yuri attack FTW! And it was so like the judo team to win the last event. Or rather so like Nabeshima.
Hold the door...
 
May 12, 2012 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5956
That kiss.
This episode has been entertaining.
 
May 13, 2012 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 298
So,the story will not begin on episode 7.I had totally forgot about those 2 chapters of the manga lol
 
May 13, 2012 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1244
Medaka's forte is indeed, Dashing!!

and the 4th member joins the student council.
 
May 14, 2012 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 535
This anime has gone from somewhat entertaining to painfully boring. And now, it just hit mediocre. If only it tried just a tad bit more I wouldn't feel so bad for ranking it as average. Other than that "great" (using this term VERY loosely) episode for an anime that tries to prove it's worth my time.

For I am this close to dropping it.
"Above and Beyond the Call"
 
May 14, 2012 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 488
By far the best episode yet.
 
May 14, 2012 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13737
Not as fun as it could have been really but we got some nice fan-service.

Yumekichi11 said:

Image Stitch of Kikaijima in the spoiler
yeah she looks hot there with the eels.


I see your Kikajima and raise you a Medaka.
Modified by Monad, May 16, 2012 4:43 AM
 
May 17, 2012 3:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1263
Awsome and Hot ep.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
May 19, 2012 4:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 6830
Loved this episode.Kikaijima seems nice..
 
May 19, 2012 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 100
This couldn't have been more awesome!
 
May 23, 2012 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 645
WOW, this is the second anime this season that has "saved" itself from being dropped thanks to YURI....the other one was Nyaruko-san.

I absolutely love YURI, so much that I will continue watching this very bad anime.


Seriously, I was already thinking that I had enough of this boring, uninteresting, and utterly devoid of entertainment anime that my decision was made up.

And then, almost on cue....A nice yuri moment from the only decent character....WIN!
 
May 24, 2012 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3477
The goal of the swim team makes no sense.

Winning the tournament would have given their CLUB the excess funds and triple the budget. The money would not have gone into their pockets.
 
Jun 25, 2012 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 667
YURI ! Oh, this anime becoming hot :D
 
Jul 27, 2012 4:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 65272
Well everyone's kinda boring so far except for Medaka, Shiranui and the blond.
 
Mar 11, 2013 10:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 301
I am completely okay with Medaka/Kikaijima
Ich verstehe nicht
 
Mar 25, 2013 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 18940
DAT YURI KISS :3 Great episode slight depressing backstory but still rather a sweet and great ending! Lets see what's next! This sure was a great episode even more now that she joined the student council as well, the council sure has it's great team with special members!
 
Jun 24, 2013 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 800
Another good episode, Not a big fan of Nekomi though, she kinda steals the thunder out of the show imo, and I don't find her character that endearing or funny, at least all of the other characters make up for it since I pretty much love every other character apart from Nekomi.
 
Jul 22, 2013 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 3606
Ahh, this was a really great episode, I loved every bit of it. This show really rocks, despite it's not an obvious gem before you start it.
 
Sep 11, 2013 7:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 8979
Entertaining episode, the animation is nothing special.
Didnt expected a kiss scene
 
May 31, 2014 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15901
Oh my .... day yori O_o , And so her first kiss was stolen
Omg that ending was sweet >_< Which do you like ?

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
 
Jun 27, 2014 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 418
The sneaky tricks everytime
 
Oct 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 44
I really liked it. The little yuri moment was adorable and rather unexpected! Yaaaaay she joined the student council. They should add more stuff about the kiss. Hopefully it isn't a one time thing.
 
Oct 31, 2014 6:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 44
wakka9ca said:
@Yumekichi11:

Unfortunately, Medaka will most likely be raping you... I think if Medeka were to fight Nanami, she would win...


It isn't rape if you want it to happen.
 
Dec 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 48
Episode 6 is always that gold episode in anime and yet has it to disappoint me in this one. That kiss was one of the most hilarious things ever.


"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
 
Jun 15, 2015 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 651
Didn't expect that kiss at all.
 
Oct 3, 2015 2:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 343
Dam love the kiss
And very good great awesome episode
And i give it 5/5 yeah 😂😂😆😆😆
 
Jan 28, 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 10849
Another great episode, Medaka is amazing. Not only is she extremely funny, she's also badass and hot :3
 
Mar 13, 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 129
The show just keeps getting more and more worse. I could possibly forgive the overly preachy MC if the show was in anyway funny or entertaining.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]