Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2012 7:19 AM

Jun 2010
Third season of Anime please :D I hoe something like that get announce in the BD/DVD of the movie.
May 8, 2012 7:45 AM

Apr 2009
Actually, I prefer K-On Manga than the anime. Maybe it's just because I read it before watched it. The anime is great but it's too..slow. 4 volumes of manga packed in 2 seasons with total 39 episodes (not including OVA and movie). Well yes, u can please ur eyes and ears in the anime, but the story..I like manga better.

So this news is really shocks me
May 8, 2012 7:55 AM

Jul 2010
Second time we've got this message. it'll be back. :P
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
May 8, 2012 9:00 AM

Feb 2012
Personally I think the author is just ending one of the mangas since working on two is difficult. Hopefully he just plans to merge the two.

Hoping for a third season!

Also lol @ haters. Japan loves moe so deal with it.
May 8, 2012 9:09 AM

May 2009
Heaven forbid people liking the K-ON! franchise.

Anyway, I assume Kakifly stops because it's too much to do two at a time. After all, he'd be working pretty much non-stop on the two mangas and I can easily see that getting very tedious eventually, not to mention stressful.

What I do hope is that this doesn't mean he'll repeat thew high school nits over and over again with newer characters. I think a lot of ans wouldn't forgive him for discarding the old characters they've grown used to and love. Let Azusa and co graduate, and either finish the story there, or continue with all of them in college. As much as Sumire and Nao have become interesting characters, I don't really care if we'll never hear from them again. I always saw them as replacements for the older cast, never really as full-fledged solo characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2012 9:36 AM

May 2009
@AO968
I'm thinking that might be what he's doing, freezing the college arc to let Azusa catch up.
May 8, 2012 9:46 AM

May 2010
I could've sworn this happened last year
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 8, 2012 9:46 AM

Mar 2012
and yet it went ahead of naruto shippuden :(
K-ON FOREVER!!!
May 8, 2012 10:05 AM

Nov 2010
jmal said:
basabeo said:
ithasceasedtobe said:
Good fucking riddance.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'll dedicate my viewing of the inevitable third season of the anime to both of you. Because loooooooool if you think K-ON! is truly going away.

This guy. I pray that it stays popular just so that these butt hurt people will stay butt hurt for the rest of their lives.

And I don't even particularly like K-On. LOOOL
May 8, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2011
MadDogV2 said:
@AO968
I'm thinking that might be what he's doing, freezing the college arc to let Azusa catch up.

That would be awesome.
May 8, 2012 11:47 AM
Feb 2011
It will be back.
­
May 8, 2012 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
Hopefully it's just as the others have said and he is only stopping one of the mangas to focus on one!

After all it's not like the mangas have been running all that long to begin with, and it would be ending just to soon!

Guess we'll have to see what happens with it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 8, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2008
mikhailn said:
Yeah, about time. The "storyline" was getting stale
Indeed. I guess this could be a case of the prequel better than the sequel.
May 8, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
The new manga has been pretty weak, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it to keep on continuing regardless. Kind of a stupid time to end it considering they're only halfway through the school year they started on.
May 8, 2012 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
The way I understood it, the High School story was not ending. I'm guessing it's going to continue until Azusa, Ui, and Jun graduate. And then the other 4 will show up for their last performance, and it will end with something like they are all going to the same college, and everything will be all happy again.
May 8, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
jmal said:
Antanaru said:
Wait, I thought it already ended months ago?

The original ended over a year ago. Is that what you're thinking of? This is about the two parallel manga that restarted it after that.
Oh, I didn't know about spin-offs. I thought there's only some 'various artists' thing.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 8, 2012 2:05 PM
Jun 2011
All well ends well? Maybe there will be a side story or something.
May 8, 2012 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
It should have ended already

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
May 8, 2012 2:28 PM
Aug 2010
R.I.P Manga in 2012

This is INSANE, let's see how many HUGE manga titles have/or will end this year:

Mahou Sensei Negima
Claymore
Air Gear
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
GANTZ
K-ON!

And it's ONLY MAY, before the year is over, who knows how many others will join this list :(
May 8, 2012 2:28 PM

Jul 2011
Maybe I'll pull it off my dropped list and finish it once it's done.
May 8, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2009
This is sad news. Will want to read it now.
May 8, 2012 4:26 PM

Mar 2008
Hopefully he continues Azusa's arc into the college arc. I personally am hoping for closure of the series by HTT performing at Budokan as has been the goal the entire time.
May 8, 2012 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
there was a story..? lol

May 8, 2012 6:20 PM

Oct 2010
i suppose this is big news, maybe i should read it now, nah lol
May 8, 2012 6:20 PM

Jan 2012
It ended... again!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 8, 2012 6:22 PM

Nov 2006
Season 3 plz
Need more ear cancer to play on infinite loop

ichigo03 said:
R.I.P Manga in 2012
lol... How is manga ending a bad thing? Everything has to end sometime. The only time it's bad is if it's good but got canceled. What's truly irritating is manga that continue publishing past their expiration date.
May 8, 2012 6:33 PM

Jun 2008
AO968 said:
Heaven forbid people liking the K-ON! franchise.

Thank you. Those who are hating on K-ON! must be the same ones that think Code Geass was written by Shakespeare. *facepalm*
To those who don't like this very popular series, fine. Go about your tiny lifes hating on it.

Anyway, I assume Kakifly stops because it's too much to do two at a time. After all, he'd be working pretty much non-stop on the two mangas and I can easily see that getting very tedious eventually, not to mention stressful.

What I do hope is that this doesn't mean he'll repeat thew high school nits over and over again with newer characters. I think a lot of ans wouldn't forgive him for discarding the old characters they've grown used to and love. Let Azusa and co graduate, and either finish the story there, or continue with all of them in college. As much as Sumire and Nao have become interesting characters, I don't really care if we'll never hear from them again. I always saw them as replacements for the older cast, never really as full-fledged solo characters.

I don't think Kakifly did either series justice. Like you said, he was split between the two. If one was given his full attention (like the college series) I think it would have been better. Plus being in college he had a whole blank palette to work from. IMO he just scratched the surface of what the girls could have done. We barely knew about their classes, with being in the club we could have seen them do more performances and even some live shows. Heck, even a chance of meeting guys. I highly doubt all-female colleges are as sterile as they make it out to be.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

May 8, 2012 7:09 PM

Mar 2009
It was going to be difficult to pull out new material at the rate the (High School arc) story was going since Azusa was in her final year of high-school and let's face it, once she graduated the story is dead in the water.

I don't even know how the college storyline managed to continue running.

It was only a matter of time.

That being said, I hope they'll eventually animate the rest of the manga material.
May 8, 2012 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
now, at least some plot progress
May 8, 2012 8:32 PM
Aug 2010
windy said:
lol... How is manga ending a bad thing? Everything has to end sometime. The only time it's bad is if it's good but got canceled. What's truly irritating is manga that continue publishing past their expiration date.

Well, I never said it was a bad thing.

It's just amazing to have so many big titles all end one after the other.

And YES, I agree that it's very irritating to see never ending manga.

tembikai said:
now, at least some plot progress

K-ON! is a slice of life, there NEVER was a plot and there never will be a plot.

And quite frankly I came to love K-ON! because of it's laid back and fun way of storytelling.

There was never the pressure of making some overly complicated plot that eventually goes nowhere....*coughNEGIMAcough*
May 8, 2012 9:11 PM

Aug 2011
sbyrstall said:
Heck, even a chance of meeting guys

What blasphemy is this? There will be no guys in my cake and tea time manga.
May 8, 2012 10:48 PM

Feb 2010
They actually go to college? Huh I thought they would just form some band and go off trying to become famous or some shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
oh well maybe i should start reading it
May 13, 2012 1:36 AM

Oct 2011
Hope this is a sign for a third season anime... even though the new manga has been pretty weak, would be nice to have a last dose of K-On.
May 13, 2012 1:49 AM

Feb 2008
He should just quit the college manga and continue the high school manga with Azusa. And when they graduate, he should just add some new cast and repeat the high school part every time.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 26, 2012 7:07 AM
Feb 2012
razisgosu said:
Hopefully he continues Azusa's arc into the college arc. I personally am hoping for closure of the series by HTT performing at Budokan as has been the goal the entire time.

Azusa's arc also ends. The source is the scan of Manga Time Kirara Carat.

Kakifly's K-on! is never made any longer.
So this is the end.
antibiotictabMay 26, 2012 7:11 AM
日本人です。海外の反応系のブログもいくつか見させてもらってますw 翻訳頑張ってくださいね。
May 26, 2012 7:29 AM

Dec 2009
I'm a bit surprised that it is ending so abruptly, but hey, it should've ended before college already. Hope it gets a good ending though, otherwise this whole affair will just come off as messy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 26, 2012 8:58 AM

Feb 2008
Welp, so much for a potential third season. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.
May 26, 2012 9:54 AM
Aug 2011
Season 3 - Anime Original Ending? Would that be better?
May 26, 2012 5:48 PM
Feb 2012
jmal said:
Veronin said:
Welp, so much for a potential third season. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

A third season could still be done so easily. KyoAni needs no more than the vaguest outlines of a story to then flesh out. It's not like they didn't already have to do so for the first two seasons. If a third season isn't made, it won't have anything to do with lack of source material.

I also think the third season can be made. After the second season, K-on! changed from Kakifly's into KyoAni's. In the movie, the story is the Anime-original one. And some Anme-original important characters appear.

Himeko, Ichigo, Fuuko, Haruko, Nobuyo and the other classmates never appear in the original Manga story. And so does Satoshi. K-on! is now KyoAni's.
I welcome the new season, but hope no copyright trouble occurs between Kakifly and KyoAni. Such kind of problem sometimes ruins the masterpieces, like Space Battleship Yamato and Candy Candy.
antibiotictabMay 26, 2012 6:05 PM
日本人です。海外の反応系のブログもいくつか見させてもらってますw 翻訳頑張ってくださいね。
May 26, 2012 7:21 PM

Feb 2008
jmal said:
Veronin said:

A third season could still be done so easily. KyoAni needs no more than the vaguest outlines of a story to then flesh out. It's not like they didn't already have to do so for the first two seasons. If a third season isn't made, it won't have anything to do with lack of source material.

I suppose that's true, but even the second season still generally followed the same events that happened in the manga, albeit being much more detailed and interesting. Considering that the new manga only covers a short six-month period (I would guess September since Azusa and co. are still in their summer uniforms), there isn't a ton of content for KyoAni to cover. I suppose they could take it slow but I don't think there will be much of an ending since this is all pretty abrupt and sudden.

It would also have been nice to see Azusa join the rest in university even for a little bit, but I guess that won't be happening anymore. Oh well...
May 27, 2012 12:08 PM

May 2011
They ever plan on animating the college arc?

I think fans know more of the anime than the manga, I could definitely use another arc since I've been waiting for the movie BD's to come out for subs
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

43 by VivavideoUser2x »»
7 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 42 minutes ago

0 by Snow »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.